As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to MOUTHFEEL an American [BEER]MOUTHFEEL

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to find more Delicious IPA

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I picked up the Stone 12 pack. Arrogant Bastard, Ruination, Delicious IPA, and Cali Belgique.

So good.

That Cali-België is probably my favorite Stone, not counting their "Enjoy By" line

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    My favorite Stone's is the Sublimely Self Righteous, but I'm a big fan of black IPAs so that really helped it in my book.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ruination is so fucking good.

I always buy an Arrogant Bastard when I buy a Sublimely Self-Righteous.

I put the bottles next to one another, and drink the Sublimely first.

And then the AB right after.

And I giggle to myself at how very funny I am.

sarukun on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've always been partial to Levitation.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Levitation is great.

God, why the fuck did I move out of California.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Last night I tried one of the Budweiser "Micheladas" cans, this one being a "picante" mix with regular Bud. I'm a pretty big fan of Micheladas in general, and I though being a mix of regular Bud (rather than Bud Light) and supposedly spicy, the premixed cans might be worth the trade-off in terms of convenience vs. having to put together a mixed drink.

It was pretty mediocre? It wasn't really spicy at all, but it wasn't offensive. It was just kind of flavorless all around, like a Bud mixed with the thinnest tomato juice and the tiniest dash of hot sauce. I think I'll stick to making my own from here on out.

jgeis on
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Levitation is great.

I live in San Diego. I just applied for a job outside of California. :(

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Deschutes is finally starting to filter over to the east coast now. It doesn't even seem fair to other beers how good the Fresh Squeezed IPA is, it's like drinking juice that gets you drunk!

Followed it up with a local beer, the Old Ox Alpha IPA which was...not as good. Definitely seemed like one of the IPAs made in the initial craft beer explosion, with as much harsh bitter hoppiness as possible and nothing behind it to balance it out or cut it.

• Options
    Learned something interesting about Delicious IPA last week. Apparently White Labs has put out some process for removing gluten from beer after the brew process, so unlike "gluten free" beers which have to be brewed without certain gluten containing ingredients, Delicious is brewed with traditional beer ingredients. Still think it's a marketing ploy jumping on a stupid trend, but at least they aren't compromising the beer to do it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I picked up a bottle of Rogue's Sriracha Stout. Not sure if I'll be trying it tonight or tomorrow.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So a local place floats a 1/4 pint of Raspberry Lambic in 3/4 pint of Guinness. To my utter surprise I really liked it. As I normally cant stand more than a couple sips of Lambic (too sweet) and while I don't hate Guinness at all, most people can agree after you go craft stouts it sort of becomes the Miller Lite of the dark beer world.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Ooh that would be even better in a coffee stout.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Picked up Anadromous from Anchorage, a black sour aged in pinot noir and whiskey barrels.

Will report back.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Levitation is great.

I live in San Diego. I just applied for a job outside of California. :(

brofist

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    So a local place floats a 1/4 pint of Raspberry Lambic in 3/4 pint of Guinness. To my utter surprise I really liked it. As I normally cant stand more than a couple sips of Lambic (too sweet) and while I don't hate Guinness at all, most people can agree after you go craft stouts it sort of becomes the Miller Lite of the dark beer world.

I would sooner call it the Stella

in that it is still pretty tasty, even though it's not really a well crafted piece of beverage drink.

I'm wrapping up my last Satan and I am just pleased as punch to be alive right now.

Payday's in a week, so I'ma get me some more for the long weekend.

sarukun on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Tonight we're going to the bottle bar and will also pick up some beers for WrestleMania! Hoping they have Hop Suplex.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So I was at the store a few weeks back and now I've got a problem

The problem is how can I ever bring any other beer to Star Wars RPG night when there is ChewBOCKa in this world?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Going to Eulogy in Philly tonight...rated a top five brew pub in the nation. Pray for my liver.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Eulogy is great! Except when too many people order mussels it gets very mussely smelling. But that's only a problem if you don't like seafood.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Eulogy is great! Except when too many people order mussels it gets very mussely smelling. But that's only a problem if you don't like seafood.

I do indeed like seafood and I hear the Dijon Mussels are a must have. So its that the grilled cheese and a ton of beer. We are getting a room down by independence hall so no driving entanglements.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    5KeA4mv.jpg

Tonights haul. Was amazed when I saw Left Hand in the fridge at my local off license. The milk stout is already cracked and is going down a treat! Will have to hold off on the rest since I've got to drive in a bit. But it's sat there, staring at me. Whispering dark words in my ears.

• Options
    Left Hand does some great stuff

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm drinking an Apricadabra from Stevens Point and it has a lot of apricot flavor. It's good.

• Options
    Ended up not going out tonight, so I'm drinking a can that I picked up a couple days ago at a tasting. It's a DIPA called Blitzkrieg Hops. It's very good, and it gets bonus points for the silly name.

• Options
    t0wgkth3eija.jpg
    Grabbed a build your own 6er from the grocery store today. Started with Wrought Iron IPA from Abita. Pretty decent.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    That go to IPA is really good

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Finally had the Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout Nitro I bought a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Definitely something I'll be regularly buying.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Picked up Anadromous from Anchorage, a black sour aged in pinot noir and whiskey barrels.

Will report back.

That sounded so good that I may have gone out and snagged one for myself.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Going back a decade and eating seaweed potato chips, strawberry chocolate squares and drinking a Gulden Draak.

A decade ago I would have had an Asahi but I figured as long as I've got good beer next door I might as well take advantage of it.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

Will report back.

Two words:

Pun
    Gent

The wife and I could smell it as soon as the cork came out.

Tastes like a sour red wine.

Which sounds weird but just go with it.

Musty and mildewy and barrelly and a face full of wine tannins.

It's a sipper that's for sure.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    And the mouthfeel?

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

Will report back.

Tastes like a sour red wine.

Which sounds weird but just go with it.

Agreed. It was like pouring an ounce of sour into a full glass of pinot.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Decided to go local with my beer choices for WrestleMania! Gonna have a beer as soon as I wash the jalapeno juice from my eyes thanks to me failing at guacamole.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    So should we do a spring Brewt Squad salsa exchange? It's been a few months.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    So should we do a spring Brewt Squad salsa exchange? It's been a few months.

Is this a question?

• Options
    n36hoepmfl8v.jpg

BEER!!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Thought we needed a new thread title

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Thought we needed a new thread title

Not sure how I mouthfeel about this

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I got yer mouthfeel RIGHT HERE.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades