As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM Sale: CHRISTMAS SALE HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Having gotten to the point where I was satisfied with my Skrim Mods, I took off for a far dungeon that was sitting on my misc quests tab.

Dragon Priest killed my Dog.

Nooooooooo Meeko I'm sorry.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i'm gonna try and poach a new graphics cards during black friday

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I'll also talk about the Razer Blackwidow. You can get it pretty affordably, and it is a fantastic, solid, heavy blue switch keyboard that goes clickity-clack all day long and I could type all day on it forever.

I might have to get a second for work and just turn off the backlit keyboard.

The backlit keyboard stays on at home because the little guy loves it and it helps him find his letters.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Also basically no competitive shooter would have their guns recoil the exact same amount and direction every time it fires. They generally have a range that isn't particularly noticeable for people but an algorithm would end up either unedercorrecting or overcorrecting for.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Also basically no competitive shooter would have their guns recoil the exact same amount and direction every time it fires. They generally have a range that isn't particularly noticeable for people but an algorithm would end up either unedercorrecting or overcorrecting for.

It can't be truly random or you'd end up with it just clustering around the original angle, giving you the effect of just CoF bloom. So, there's still an average amount it jumps with each bullet (generally up and maybe a bit to one side) and the mouse can compensate for that average, giving you something that is again essentially a CoF bloom: random spray in a small circle around the center point. The mouse really won't be any worse at this than you, since even the best players can't react to the random variance in each individual bullet.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    a paypal promotion email apparently went around (I never got it) saying the Fall Steam sale is going to be Nov 26th - Dec 1... I'm not ready, I haven't recovered from last year's Winter sale yet

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Went to fire up Skyrim today and realized over half of the installed mods are obsolete. After updating some, there are now random crashes.

*sigh*

It's time for the bi-annual clean install....

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Went to fire up Skyrim today and realized over half of the installed mods are obsolete. After updating some, there are now random crashes.

*sigh*

Make sure to back up the mods you really like! I have a couple that I haven't been able to get back after a clean install, that I really wish I could have found again.
    Namely, the Fantasy Music Overhaul.

• Options
    Sigh. Do I want to play Skyrim again? I kinda do

But then that means hours of doing the clean install, finding all of the mods I liked, possibly finding more, launching the game only to have it crash, manually sifting through each mod until I find the culprit, and then eventually only playing 15 minutes before moving on to something else.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Man that EVE video almost makes me wish I could actually make it through the tutorial
    Uriel wrote: »
    I have a razer death adder. It is a decent enough mouse.

The deathadder is one of the best mice around. I think wirecutter even listed it as their recommended mouse last year.

Also I have a gaming keyboard. A G110. I really like the logitech series keyboards. Just love the way the keys feel. I don't know whether they're mechanical or what but they're pretty good for me.

Also basically require a keyboard that has media controls on it at this point. I really love being able to just turn the knob for volume or hit the mute button and what have you

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »

*sigh*

Make sure to back up the mods you really like! I have a couple that I haven't been able to get back after a clean install, that I really wish I could have found again.
    Namely, the Fantasy Music Overhaul.

I'm pretty sure the Fantasy Music Overhaul is still available. It just isn't on the Nexus anymore. I assume the mod author(s) had some problem with the site or the people running it.

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up on that mouse deal, definitely gonna look into it when I get home from work. My current mouse is acting up and this is perfect timing.

Also, pumped for a big Steam sale. I've gotten pretty good about only buying games I'm likely to actually play nowadays, so this isn't a Sword of Damocles hanging over my wallet like it was at times in the past.

• Options
    I would just like to point out that my birthday is during the sale, so yeah.

Also, I've fallen down the Skyrim Modding hole again.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    My personal key to Skyrim modding is to come up with a theme or an idea that you want to implement, and look for mods that serve that goal, then come up with something you're happy playing.

Staring at lists of mods is just too much.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Re:Skyrim mods ... apparently the guy who made Skyrim Redone has come out with a completely brand new overhaul mod. Just nuts.

• Options
    Yeah, I just downloaded it, because SkyRe was great. I'm interested in how good this one is.

Also, has there been a character overhaul that works on both men and women that makes the characters look more like RS Children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtqByeLNC8

• Options
    Alright, well that's almost 50 mods downloaded, and I think I've covered everything I need for now.

Now just to wait for almost an hour while ReProccer runs.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Having gotten to the point where I was satisfied with my Skrim Mods, I took off for a far dungeon that was sitting on my misc quests tab.

Well now you just have to reload your last save, even if you lose a few hours of progress.

Or you could respawn him with the console command. But then is it really the same dog?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »

Well now you just have to reload your last save, even if you lose a few hours of progress.

Or you could respawn him with the console command. But then is it really the same dog?

Just like with Star Trek teleportation, no it isn't. The Starfleet officer/dog died, and this perfect copy has taken it's place.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Just like with Star Trek teleportation, no it isn't. The Starfleet officer/dog died, and this perfect copy has taken it's place.

vH7Gg1P.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

or in one case

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    One day...one day I will get a mechanical keyboard. One day I will be okay with the price, and, more importantly, get over my anxiety when picking the right switches (BROWNREDBLACKAAAHHH)

do you have tiny gay baby hands like me along with mild dyslexia?? then go red or blue

otherwise read this

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-choose-the-best-mechanical-keyboard-and-why-you-511140347

Alternatively:

41VWvowwRIL._AA160_.jpg

Nice, ordered the small sampler from their website, hooray for reasonable international shipping rates (related: there's still a Tales of Monkey Island pre-order DVD laying around at Telltale games because their shipping costs are higher than what I paid for the game)!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »
    Re:Skyrim mods ... apparently the guy who made Skyrim Redone has come out with a completely brand new overhaul mod. Just nuts.

I'm not sure why he bothered giving it a different name. It's basically just a new version of SkyRe. It even says SkyRe when you're installing the mod. It also has waaaaaaaaay too many perks just like SkyRe and the perk descriptions don't actually have any numbers (though, there's a mod to change that).

I'd still recommend SPERG over SkyRe or PerMa. It's a much more interesting and better thought out perk overhaul.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'd still recommend SPERG over SkyRe or PerMa. It's a much more interesting and better thought out perk overhaul.
    They named their mod SPERG? Ugh.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Yeah. It's a bad name, but a quality mod.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    After AC:Unity was so disappointing I kinda got curious and went and looked back at Black Flag and was kinda sorta interested.

And then I saw that it was currently priced more for me now than it probably was for you guys at launch.

Seriously, UbiSoft, this is why I don't give a shit about you pulling games from Steam. Because you regionally gouge the fuck out of prices to the most ridiculous degree and make me not want to buy them in the first place. It's a year old and not even the most recent entry in the series, and you still expect me to pay full fucking price?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Wait, I thought Ubi put their games back up on Steam?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    A game being full price a long time after launch likely means it's still selling well enough that they don't need to reduce the price.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Only in the US.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Only in the US.

And Europe. At least parts of Europe, I'm looking at the Steam page for Black Flag right now.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    A game being full price a long time after launch likely means it's still selling well enough that they don't need to reduce the price.

Modern Warfare 1 must be selling pretty darn well.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Veldrin wrote: »

Probably!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Probably!

it's not

cod games stay fuill price long-after relevance

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Probably!

it's not

cof games stay fuill price long-after relevance

Activision in general does not understand how to re-price games

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's just a different business strategy

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Their strategy is 'we're going to release a new one every year anyway'

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »

I'm not sure why he bothered giving it a different name. It's basically just a new version of SkyRe. It even says SkyRe when you're installing the mod. It also has waaaaaaaaay too many perks just like SkyRe and the perk descriptions don't actually have any numbers (though, there's a mod to change that).

I'm only like level 4 in my new playthrough, in which I'm using PerMa and SkyRe (I couldn't find anything saying that PerMa was a replacement, so I just overwrote the perks, and left the rest of SkyRe). While it is slightly annoying that the perk descriptions are more lore-friendly and less talking numbers, I'm enjoying it so far. A lot of people though SkyRe was way too much as well, but I enjoyed every playthrough I used it on.

Here's a good description of one of the modules, and honestly the first mod that made me interested in playing a mage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1Dmxn7xFU

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Pretty sure activision doesn't want old CODs to be a reasonable alternative to new CODs. Why not buy the new one when it's just a few bucks more.

A would assume a lot of that has to do with them wanting to keep the online player base all in their most recent game too, and not just making the most dollars.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Gotta say, I'm pretty excited to be throwing fireballs by slashing my sword at people.
    And having a battleaxe float around attacking my enemies.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Maybe they're saving it all up for the COD Master Petty Officer Collection.

EVERY COD GAME

COD
    COD 2
    COD 3
    COD 4: MODERN WARFARE
    COD: WORLD AT WAR
    COD: MW2
    COD: BLACK OPS
    COD: MW3
    COD: BLACK OPS II
    COD: GHOSTS
    COD: ADVANCED WARFARE