As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

hows I even [Chat]

196979899100102»

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @feral

well - to clarify, not really the 'right' cause inasmuch as as fighting its own causes tangential to the cause nominally at hand (namely baby deaths from formula's popularity). This being borne out by the demand that formula be abolished altogether (because it was an issue that mattered to feminists waging New Left wars over body/motherhood issues, and radicals demanding an abolition of unnatural technological advancements etc.), that Nestle be punished in some sense (because it was a Western MNC and Western MNCs were intrinsically part of neocolonial domination; but crucially, also because it was physically accessible to Western activists and visible to Western consumers), but not demanding that, e.g., the milk be sold in sterilized bottled form, as the linked extract notes.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if your defense isn't going to be "it was my evil twin" you are a supreme moron for taking "driving while license is suspended" to court

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Litigants in person have all sorts of wacky ideas though

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Breast milk is free. That's a huge thing. Bottles, formula, water, everything else, costs money. We know there are conservative lobbyists who push breast-feeding for their own social/religious agendas. But that doesn't make breast-feeding wrong. Breast-feeding isn't tainted by that association, any more than bottle-feeding is tainted by the way Nestle have pushed it, or the way prudes bother breast-feeding mothers.

yup

nonetheless there is a passionate war over The Appropriate Way To Feed Your Kid, which I think speaks to a fundamental anxiety amongst young parents, especially young parents in a society that takes consumer choices as indictive of one's values

well and fine, but that war starts forming coalitions, and allies, and enemies, and then it loses sight of the nominal cause of the argument.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Breast milk is free. That's a huge thing. Bottles, formula, water, everything else, costs money. We know there are conservative lobbyists who push breast-feeding for their own social/religious agendas. But that doesn't make breast-feeding wrong. Breast-feeding isn't tainted by that association, any more than bottle-feeding is tainted by the way Nestle have pushed it, or the way prudes bother breast-feeding mothers.

yup

nonetheless there is a passionate war over The Appropriate Way To Feed Your Kid, which I think speaks to a fundamental anxiety amongst young parents, especially young parents in a society that takes consumer choices as indictive of one's values

well and fine, but that war starts forming coalitions, and allies, and enemies, and then it loses sight of the nominal cause of the argument.

That's one of the things I learned when I had a kid in a foreign country. There were so many things that were done differently, that in the end I realised there are lots of good ways to raise a kid, and the tremendous pressure on parents to raise kids perfectly was a big problem for parents.

But that's a luxury of living in a developed country. In poorer countries, being able to feed your child at all is the key issue.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    In England anyway, the courts have done a huge amount of work on making the litigation process more transparent, with clearly written civil and criminal procedure rules that guide the process. Assuming both parties are aware of such it should take a lot of the issues out. Although I suspect in practice it doesn't really.

• Options
    so is being able to work outdoors without bringing your baby and/or violating whatever traditional norms, tho

there's a reason Iran cheerfully restricted formula

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Good morning 3 AM, nice to see you.

• Options
    hello quid.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Quid‌
    I see you bought AW you like?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am making a new [chat]. Come leave this sinking ship of antiques and forgotten history, and join me as we create [chat] anew.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You're not my dad.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    knitdan wrote: »
    You're not my dad.

You're old enough to hear the truth now, Knitdan.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am making a new [chat]. Come leave this sinking ship of antiques and forgotten history, and join me as we create [chat] anew.

Oh, you're emigrating from England finally

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @feral

well - to clarify, not really the 'right' cause inasmuch as as fighting its own causes tangential to the cause nominally at hand (namely baby deaths from formula's popularity). This being borne out by the demand that formula be abolished altogether (because it was an issue that mattered to feminists waging New Left wars over body/motherhood issues, and radicals demanding an abolition of unnatural technological advancements etc.), that Nestle be punished in some sense (because it was a Western MNC and Western MNCs were intrinsically part of neocolonial domination; but crucially, also because it was physically accessible to Western activists and visible to Western consumers), but not demanding that, e.g., the milk be sold in sterilized bottled form, as the linked extract notes.

If the problem is the water and not the sterilized bottle, this does not seem to be addressing the actual issue either.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid‌
    I see you bought AW you like?

Very much! Haven't touched the single player so I can't speak for it but I definitely enjoy bouncing around the multiplayer. I like Titanfall's mobility more but this is still a nice upgrade to CoD.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    You're not my dad.

You're old enough to hear the truth now, Knitdan.

The truth is that Bogart is a robot

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    so I randomly googled my username and my twitch channel comes up and then a twitch channel rater cames up and my channel got a D+ and said I was like 9,000,000th place in twitch channels overall.

I thought that was kind of harsh. I guess I should stream some more and use zany antics to get in the top 4,000,000.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    so I randomly googled my username and my twitch channel comes up and then a twitch channel rater cames up and my channel got a D+ and said I was like 9,000,000th place in twitch channels overall.

I thought that was kind of harsh. I guess I should stream some more and use zany antics to get in the top 4,000,000.

Gotta offer up some sweet emotes.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

OH FUCK IT ALL *deletes everything*

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

OH FUCK IT ALL *deletes everything*

No! The emotes!

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Had a look, here're some tips:

- Splits.
    - Split Waifus.
    - Shirtless Cam.
    - Controller Cam.
    - Stream Chat.
    - Memegames.
    - Boobgames.
    - Anime.
    - K-pop.
    - Osu.
    - Miku.
    - Donation Tracker.
    - Follow Tracker.
    - Subscription Tracker.
    - Donation Notification Sounds.
    - Follow Notification Sounds.
    - Subscription Notification Sounds.
    - Nightbot Songs.
    - League.
    - Chat Plays.

Lots of areas for improvement.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I forgot how awesome Transistor is. I have been playing it again.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    hey i successfully fell asleep and my arm stopped hurting
    problem avoided

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    geth, recycle the thread

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 3.8

@Thomamelas will create the new thread
    @Bogart is backup

This discussion has been closed.