As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Thyme's Vengeance: Atheon opens the brick oven! Guardians make their own pizza!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Pocket Infinity get!

Feels so good to get those 10 blue fusion rifles out of my Vault. Feels like I have loads of room now.

Even worse was not having them beforehand, and being stuck with one bounty slot taken up for 2 weeks (back in the good old days when we only had FIVE slots. FIVE, I TELLS YA!)

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    "Youngsters, in my time we only had 5 bounty slots and Iron Banner bounties required to do 50 shots.... to the FACE!"

"Wow grandpa"

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Kids these days with their 10 bounty slots. What's next? 3 pages of vaults?!

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    For a hard mode raid, what is best? Suros Regime (300 ATK) or Atheon's Epilogue (300 ATK)?

If it's the Epilogue, then I know that I have to farm 60 spinmetal tomorrow during the day ;-)

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    LCDXX wrote: »
    Okay, Arcadians, I have to drive 15 hours to get to Florida, but I haven't completed VoG yet this week. I'm talking priorities, folks. I'm not going to have a chance to play at all for the next week. Can you help a brother in need?

Edit: Normal difficulty, PS4...

Please let me know if you need another

That's three of us so far. Anyone else?
    PSN handle is dynagrip just fwye

• Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Cincitucky wrote: »
    Well my fellow PS3ers, it was fun playing with you. My PS3 just had it's final breath. System won't turn on and only does a flashing red light. In the act of dying, it consumed the Destiny disc. It's cold dead hands refuse to cough up the disc.
    This happened to mine, but I fixed it by just unplugging the darn thing for about 15 minutes, then plugging it back in and booting it into safe mode (hold the power button until after the 2nd set of beeps... the first set is the video mode reset), with no internet connection (unplugged the network cable, too).

Tried holding the power button down but the system gave a yellow light. From reading the internet, yellow light means death.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Suck it, cattle/caterpillars/hares/rabbits

I rearchitected my network last night and all my woes disappeared and the destiny works like a charm.

Unfortunately the intervening four weeks mean that I am eating it in the crucible due to everyone else creeping up to 29 and my fledgling skills atrophying.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do the nightfall?

Ps4 - wassermalen

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Iron Regalia boots acquired!

I am now only some xp, helium and shards away from making my main my second level 30, at long last.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Okay, I think thats six

@Stragint‌ @hoodie13‌ @juicebox989‌ @‌EvilMonkey

Also @BillyIdle messaged me first, but didn't say yes just inquired on the time. If he cannot make it, the @Al_Wat is up.

If someone can make a group message (out right now on the phone), we can work out the start time (I was thinking 6 central so hopefully everyone can eat before the raid if need be).

When you mentioned noon I was assuming something earlier in the afternoon. If 6 central is the game plan then feel free to give my spot up to Al_Wat.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    For a hard mode raid, what is best? Suros Regime (300 ATK) or Atheon's Epilogue (300 ATK)?

If it's the Epilogue, then I know that I have to farm 60 spinmetal tomorrow during the day ;-)

Grab yourself some overalls and a pitchfork, in that case. You're going to want the Epilogue for Praetorians and Minotaurs, plus the bonus damage for the Oracles. YMMV of course...

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

Got a maxed Corrective Measure? Go Suros. Otherwise epilogue may be the better bet.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Epilogue. But you have a Vision of Confluence which is better than both.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Me and interpunct are starting up some Iron Banner shenanigans on PSN if anyone wants in.

Cobell on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So...
    tripleding.jpg

Of course after I do this I take my Hunter into the Hard vault and of course it gives me to raid helms. The game seems to delight in giving me stuff for Hunter when it's not my favorite and is the one class I'm really happy with the exotic hat.

I guess I'll just have to suffer.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cobell wrote: »
    Me and interpunct are starting up some Iron Banner shenanigans on PSN if anyone wants in.

Imma eat dinner then I'll be down for that too. Destiny weekewnd, wooooo

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Well my fellow PS3ers, it was fun playing with you. My PS3 just had it's final breath. System won't turn on and only does a flashing red light. In the act of dying, it consumed the Destiny disc. It's cold dead hands refuse to cough up the disc.
    This happened to mine, but I fixed it by just unplugging the darn thing for about 15 minutes, then plugging it back in and booting it into safe mode (hold the power button until after the 2nd set of beeps... the first set is the video mode reset), with no internet connection (unplugged the network cable, too).

Tried holding the power button down but the system gave a yellow light. From reading the internet, yellow light means death.
    When my old PS3 YLODed, I borrowed a heat gun from the local tool library, and reflowed it. I wasn't sure it would work, but you know, I couldn't make it MORE broken, so what the hell? I managed to resurrect it three times before I finally caved and bought a superslim off eBay for $75.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Okay, so I got almost enough replies to form two PS4 hard mode raid groups. I'm okay with double dipping into both if needed.

I think I'll try to get a noonish one going, and an after dinner one.

@Darkyth‌
    @EvilMonkey‌
    @Corporal Carl
    @Muffinatron‌
    @‌Al_Wat and friend
    @juicebox989‌
    @Stragint‌

Thats eight with me as nine. Please reply with when you want to raid (early or late, if can can to either than say so but also state your prefered time.

So we have room for 3-4 more. Message ot @ me to show interest. I'd like for every one to be able to raid.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I rearchitected my network last night and all my woes disappeared and the destiny works like a charm.

Unfortunately the intervening four weeks mean that I am eating it in the crucible due to everyone else creeping up to 29 and my fledgling skills atrophying.

Care to share what you did?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Okay, so I got almost enough replies to form two PS4 hard mode raid groups. I'm okay with double dipping into both if needed.

I think I'll try to get a noonish one going, and an after dinner one.

@Darkyth‌
    @EvilMonkey‌
    @Corporal Carl
    @Muffinatron‌
    @‌Al_Wat and friend
    @juicebox989‌
    @Stragint‌

Thats eight with me as nine. Please reply with when you want to raid (early or late, if can can to either than say so but also state your prefered time.

So we have room for 3-4 more. Message ot @ me to show interest. I'd like for every one to be able to raid.

@JusticeforPluto‌

Me and my friend are both good for any time from noon to evening. I would prefer not to play too late as I have to work the next morning.

Best time would probably be early afternoon, but I am totally fine playing whenever in that noon to evening time range.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    We made a ragtag team consisting of myself @skippymchaggis‌, @BritishDavid‌, @morgan_coke‌ and @shorttimin'‌ and Ishotwell (whos not on PA?) and downed Hard Mode Atheon on our "first" trip! Great job guys!

I'm naming the group - "Fucking Late Party", because its like 4 in the morning for me, but I didnt feel like leaving when we got so close, my Hunter got Timebreaker and Thunderlord.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    @JusticeforPluto‌

I (and I'm guessing Carl too) would prefer the noon/early one due to being in GMT (and GMT+1 for Carl).

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    That leaves noon with 1-2 spots open and late night with just me.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Care to share what you did?
    Changed my modem for a different one and then put it into bridge mode. The double NAT that I had before worked fine up until it didn't, but it seemed like it was something on my ISP side that flipped my switch as despite months of things working fine Destiny became suddenly unplayable and various sites on the internets became unusable.

• Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    We made a ragtag team consisting of myself @skippymchaggis‌, @BritishDavid‌, @morgan_coke‌ and @shorttimin'‌ and Ishotwell (whos not on PA?) and downed Hard Mode Atheon on our "first" trip! Great job guys!

I'm naming the group - "Fucking Late Party", because its like 4 in the morning for me, but I didnt feel like leaving when we got so close, my Hunter got Timebreaker and Thunderlord.

I'd like to thank you guys for dragging me through. Even though I was 30, I was doing pretty much nothing against the oracles. Now that I got VoC though, well, things are gonna run a lot smoother next time!

I did think it funny that the first raid after buying the IB boots, I got raid boots and I like the IB boots better. Oh well!

Any of you guys see me on Destiny and want a a hand, lemme know!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Why do I always get the idiots on my IB teams?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    play with PA people!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    play with PA people!

Can't

I hate how not getting B on Firebase Delphi is basically a for sure loss.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Ggs and thanks to the 360 crew for the evening of Iron Banner. With luck I will hit rank 3 with the lock tomorrow and then all three characters will be hitting 30. Look forward to grouping with you guys again.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    play with PA people!

Can't

I hate how not getting B on Firebase Delphi is basically a for sure loss.

Firebase Delphi is similar to Blind Watch, in that holding A and B is far more preferable to holding B and C.

If you're spawned at C, always try to sneak around to A the long way round the outside. It's a good stepping point to taking B, and even if you can't take B, the A side gives you far more opportunities to just blow anyone away that tries to get in there to the point it may not even matter that much.

Apart from Twilight gap, there isn't a map in IB where I don't have a preferred control point pairing.

Shores of Time - B and C (all the good sniper points are at the C side of the spawn)
    Rusted Lands - A and B (closer together than B and C, plus oil drum structure is on the A side of the spawn as a really good sniper point)
    Blind Watch - Obvious
    Firebase Delphi - A and B because of the better approach into B.

• Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Ggs and thanks to the 360 crew for the evening of Iron Banner. With luck I will hit rank 3 with the lock tomorrow and then all three characters will be hitting 30. Look forward to grouping with you guys again.
    Thanks for putting up with my bouts of rage <3

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

I'd like to thank you guys for dragging me through. Even though I was 30, I was doing pretty much nothing against the oracles. Now that I got VoC though, well, things are gonna run a lot smoother next time!

I did think it funny that the first raid after buying the IB boots, I got raid boots and I like the IB boots better. Oh well!

Any of you guys see me on Destiny and want a a hand, lemme know!

Great run everyone, and especial thanks to the euro guys for staying up late with us so we could finish. My warlock is level 30. I pulled raid boots, raid gloves, and two raid helmets, plus a second hard mode ship. All I really wanted was an arc primary and maybe a bike. Sigh. Game loves giving you things when you don't need them. Meanwhile my hunter and titan are stuck in the level 29 zone waiting on chestpieces.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Maybe a little bit more iron banner. Kind of out of it though

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Righto! So for XB1 Vault of Glass shenanigans tomorrow we have the following folks interested:
    Zombie Gandhi - Gamertag the same. Level 29 Titan
    @Norgoth‌
    @Trojan35‌
    @morgan_coke‌
    @Brogey‌
    @british
    @Sirialis‌

Any particular times? Would roughly 1:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM EST work for folks?
    Any if we have enough people 29 or higher, would folks prefer hard? Or a smooth normal run?

yeah, that time works for me. I've got the waypoint for the oracles on HM if that's the way we decide to go.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Got my hand towel, and the IB arms now, so I have a better stat assignment than I had before. Did you know 360 strength is over 100 wasted stat points? Stupid stacked strength...

Anyway, thanks for the fun tonight. I may be looking for a VoG group at some point since it seems mine may have fallen apart.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Buncha great IB matches tonight. Praise be to HUGGY, forever may he toil with his green guns.

I'm thinking I like Found Verdit better than Invective. It seems to be a more reliable one hit killer. I do love the look and sound of Invectivec though. I'll see how I feel after I get it upgraded more and have regenerating ammo.

Got Dead Orbit to rank 3. Got more armor I can't wear. I am nearing complete sets for a Titan and a Warlock in my vault.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    God, I hope I can get rank 3 on my titan and 4 on my hunter before Tuesday. I work everyday until Thanksgiving and that's killing my play time...

• Options
    Some how I just managed to knock out 3 iron banner bounties, including killing 10 without dying, and also the ikora Rey 25+ kills v deaths bounty. Not sure how I did it, I'm pretty dang tired

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Depends

Suros is overall better but it also sucks up an exotic slot.

Suros advantages:

Better overall damage
    Better overall ammo efficiency
    Significantly longer range

Epilogue advantages:

Bonus damage against oracles
    Void damage helps chew through Minotaur shields
    Doesn't use an exotic slot

Do you have an Icebreaker? Gyerafnhalaofjdsahorn? Suddenly that exotic slot becomes very important. If not, you can just use your Suros.

Suros is good for overall combat in the raid, is mediocre against oracles, and is garbage against Atheon.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

DOUBLE DOWN

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves