As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    The second thing you'll notice is that the game looks like a traditional hex and counter wargame:

You had me at "hex and counter wargame"...

Real time hex and counter wargame.

The counters shuffle around the board and make little explosions sounds for you!

This one reminds me an awful lot of The Gamer's TCS series with you making plans an wait to see how they develop. Man this looks awesome.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you to @Maguano for the gift of shiny boobs! I have quite a list of games to stream, so I can't make any promises on this one, but I do appreciate the gift! Happy Thanksgiving/Birthday to you! <3
    PB5y9fT.png

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Maguano wrote: »
    is it a spoiler if its a movie from 1972?
    edit, don't watch if you've never sen the Godfather, and never will, as this is the climax of the first movie

One day I'll watch those. One day...

Edit: not on Netflix, it won't be today.

They're on HBO Go if you have that.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks @‌Maguano !

1Qf1xm0.jpg

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    perhaps ruing her shiny new twins, @Berylline‌ hits me with a copy of Gemini Rue.
    Thanks! *

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »
    In true Lords of Shadow fashion I have sworn unholy vengeance upon him be it this sale or the next. Or the one after that. Really it's going to happen sometime. I have this notepad with various names scrawled on it.

I actually use a notepad file for "the names". Which I may or may not have consulted today . . .

I used to have a list too, but then it started growing faster than I could ever hit people back and that just made me feel worse. So now I just try and give back what I can whenever I have the means to do so. Some of you monsters are marked forever, though, list or no list.

@Kalnaur, if you are going to be around for a while, I'd recommend going ahead and upgrading to a spreadsheet now. ;)

At this point I'm just tracking names and roughly the amount of times I've been gifted. If I find myself in need more, I'll make a spreadsheet or database or something. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    You're a bunch of classy monsters, you know that? I just got up from a turkey coma, and I was figuring on simply listening to symphonies cover video game music for a while before I go to see what's left out in the kitchen (I swear, the family recipe for turkey dressing is addictive as anything...), and I figured I'd just go see what was up. Welcome to all the new people, by the way! Well, let's see here...

amCj4yK.png?1

First up is @EvmaAlsar with a copy of Psychonauts! I've heard lots of good things about it- I've always wanted to play this! Many thanks!

@The Anonymous hit me with a mystery code. It turns out to be for Vanguard Princess! I don't have that much experience with fighting games outside Soul Calibur IV on my 360 (hoping to finally grab SCV if I can find it this holiday season for the 360), so it ought to actually help knock the rust off, yeah? Thank you!

Let's see, clean out the old mailbox... and there's stuff here, too. Someone just dropped copies of Nicole, the Heileen Collection and Hatoful Boyfriend on me, too... but there's no forum name attached, and the Steam profile they came from was completely blank... I'm trying to find who to thank for them, but without a forum name, I can't do that much...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Ahhhhh, back in my chair in my own house. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Halfazedninja for Goat Sim MMO!

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ...I think it's time to break out the trebuchet and do some gifting of my own. I just have to go get my Steam cards, which is going to mean passing the leftovers, which means a thanksgiving sandwich as a midnight snack... ah, blazes, it'll be worth it. Time for reprisals...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    @Raiden333 apparently felt he needed to fix a hole in my library. Thanks for Kerbal Space Program!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Anyone considering splitting a Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris party pack?

@cooljammer00 I am not, but if you get anyone together, I'd suggest GamersGate, the 4 pack is $43 if you use code GAMERSGATE-TURKEY
    Is anyone actually interested in this? I'd be down, I have some credit there I've been meaning to spend and nothing interesting really popping out at me besides this. Would come to a little less than 11 dollars per person.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving dinner consumed. Engage food coma. Happy turkey day everyone and a merry fuck Black Friday.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Halfazedninja‌ hits me with Empire: Total War!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    7xixztw4xxq4.jpg

@JaysonFour‌ - I didn't even do anything (to you or anyone)! I'm minding my own business!

Way too classy! Thanks, this should feed my growing "anime VN" appetite nicely! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @Halfazedninja‌ sends me Defy Gravity, Extended even.

HalfazedninjaDefyGravity.jpg

Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving (and dale) Steam thread. Did anybody try one of these today? https://www.baskinrobbins.com/content/baskinrobbins/en/products/cake/cakegallery/TurkeyCake.html

Sure seems a little less traditional than class bombing people with games, don't you think? I actually know somebody who's family got one...

Turkey_Cake_l.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    And @JaysonFour‌ thinks its fun to retaliate with some DLC for KoA, and some drake approved shooter
    thanks for Legend of Dead Kel and Astebreed

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm kind of really disappointed how you pretty much need to have an X-Box/PS3 controller to play games now.

I really regret purchasing the third party PC controller instead of shelling out the extra bucks because it doesn't work in any damn game that I have.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, I get home from working fucking retail on thanksgiving, and see this.

fV4kGdV.png

thanks @Maguano

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    @Maguano‌ hits me with Goat Simulator!

jlfmm0rakd3s.jpg

Thanks so much!

I'm going to go hide now!

• Options
    kx295pddd3ve.jpg

I had to wait until 12:01 AM my time to accept this one. Because dammit it's not the Xmas season until the day after Thanksgiving. :razz:

Thanks @Halfazedninja‌! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Krummith wrote: »
    I'm going to go hide now!

Can confirm: this doesn't work.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    What do I get after Thanksgiving dinner for dessert? Why, zombies of course, and nazi ones at that.

cwVzRFp.jpg

Thanks to @Maguano‌ For Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2! I will snipe the undead in your name!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jqZ895g.png?1

@Maguano decided that I needed something on top of the stuff I've already been bombed with- thanks for Gemini Rue!

ZX1RKWK.png?1

This was followed by @halfazedninja dropping a copy of Pixel Piracy on me- seemingly right when my Zelda symphonic video started up on the Great Sea cover from Wind Waker. This looks like it's going to be lots of fun! I might just have to put that on repeat while I play...

Thanks again to both of you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

I had to wait until 12:01 AM my time to accept this one. Because dammit it's not the Xmas season until the day after Thanksgiving. :razz:
    Can you go tell walmart that, please?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

Can you go tell walmart every retailer that thinks opening on Thanksgiving Day is a good idea that, please?

I don't care what deals I miss, I'm not going shopping instead of spending time with my family on the holiday. Unless it's flinging gifts on Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    StabbitySpaceChem.jpg

@Stabbity Style‌ gives the gifts of Space and Chem. Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

Can you go tell walmart that, please?

I don't have to. They're not open here on Thanksgiving because state law prevents them (blue laws). You just have to move to Maine. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    @Jaysonfour thought the idea of my hiding to be a challenge..

jdc6u7zb76tz.jpg
    hpfjf7l0orjs.jpg

Twice I am pelted with gifts from the trebuchet!
    Thank you for the Pinball Plants Vs. Zombies table and for Noir Syndrome!

Now for a left over turkey sandwich and sleep!

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Honourable people need no laws for their actions are just.

For the rest, we really do need national laws preventing Christmas advertising and music until the day after American Thanksgiving.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The second area of Crypt of the Necrodancer is really freaking hard, geez.

Trying to kill a red dragon with a dagger is bad times.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Anyone ever get this "steam scanning for license updates" error on Steam?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Kalnaur for Secret of Magic crystals dress up pony princess DLC. He plucked it off my wish list and didn't judge with that judging eye.

I missed the bundle that had it. Appreciated!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    So, are we expecting them to bundle all the Lords of Shadow 2 stuff together for the US? I understand the UK has it or something, but are we getting it?

Mainly I just don't want to miss out on the good price they have the base game on, but I'm also not sure if Konami is as bad as Bethesda when it comes to sale prices of their DLC. :wink:

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I just picked up Spintires in the 66% off sale, and wow... this is an incredibly fun game. Played it in multi with @Mvrck and before we knew it two hours were up. If you have 8 bucks to spare and like simulations, this is well worth getting.

Best part of our session was probably his Jeep drifting away in the river as I tried to readjust my winch I was using to pull him out :D

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    This is a real bummer. I can't redeem a gift I was given cause Steam keeps giving me this "scanning licenses error" thing and Google isn't helping (cause I tried all the ideas)

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Ashe wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    So, Skyrim: should I continue with the Main Quest or start the Dragonborn quest? I've finally cleared my quest backlog and furnished every home available (except Heartfire because I don't own that.)

semi-spoilers of where I'm at:
    I'm looking for information on an Elder Scroll after meeting with the leader of the mute-monks.

Dragonborn is a lot of fun, a great DLC overall, and a really nice change of atmosphere (if you are a Morrowind fan, you'll probably appreciate some of the touches even more). I'd recommend diving into it!

You weren't kidding there! It's been awesome so far, including some musical cues here and there from Morrowind. The Redoran and Telvanni architecture... Silt Striders!
    I kind of spent 350+ hours on Morrowind back then... :P

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Ashe wrote: »
    So, Skyrim: should I continue with the Main Quest or start the Dragonborn quest? I've finally cleared my quest backlog and furnished every home available (except Heartfire because I don't own that.)

semi-spoilers of where I'm at:
    I'm looking for information on an Elder Scroll after meeting with the leader of the mute-monks.

Dragonborn is a lot of fun, a great DLC overall, and a really nice change of atmosphere (if you are a Morrowind fan, you'll probably appreciate some of the touches even more). I'd recommend diving into it!

You weren't kidding there! It's been awesome so far, including some musical cues here and there from Morrowind. The Redoran and Telvanni architecture... Silt Striders!
    I kind of spent 350+ hours on Morrowind back then... :P

See, what I liked best about Dragonborn were the Lovecraftian elements. And man, those creepy book stages.

This discussion has been closed.