Options

No one likes her, but Sera was never an agreeable girl [Inquisition]

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    You can pick a default race/gender warden in the keep, all the options are there

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    But there doesn't seem to be an option to customise your warden? I don't want people referring to my warden as a male human when she wasn't :(

There is, its the very first option in the keep

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    But there doesn't seem to be an option to customise your warden? I don't want people referring to my warden as a male human when she wasn't :(

Click on the hero and there should be drop down menus for gender, race, class, and origin

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I was looking at that for ages. Didn't realise there was a checkbox to make default wardens show up. Woops.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh no, Mr Revenant! Please don't pull me towards you! Whatever will I do?!

Oh, that's right...

SPIRIT BLADE

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I don't think having a Warden to import affects anything at all.

It really doesn't affect anything, far as I know.

Your choices are all set up via the keep, and whatever you import to the keep doesn't have the final say.

Just go over the tapestry and pick the world you want, and go from there.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Triple post because its relevent to the situation:
    i-MgkfbbF-1050x10000.jpg

I think just about everyone enjoys flirting with Harding, but this is honestly just kinda gross.

And not really the "haha" kind.

That's

The fucking

Joke

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    All right, I finished Blackwall's personal quest
    And I feel justified in my instinctive dislike of him! Sorry "Blackwall," you're kind of an awful person.

At least he's trying to make up for it. I got Josephine to call in some favors and bust him out of the slammer, and I'll be turning him over to the wardens after all this is over. Next playthrough I'm tempted to let him rot in jail.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    poor snufflers

they must rue the day they were born with tier 3 rare leather skin

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    CURSE MY VALUABLE, VALUABLE SKIN

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    So I really like the idea of the grappling hook but since it only appears to work on about 25% of enemies

What should I take to get my two hander up in people's faces

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Grappling hook works on all regular enemies? Bosses and big guys it doesn't but I've found it really useful

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    Grappling hook works on all regular enemies? Bosses and big guys it doesn't but I've found it really useful

Doesn't work on:
    Wraiths
    Anyone over normal man model size, including just dudes in big armor
    animals
    ..... so basically it only works on normal humans which isn't that big of a portion of enemies

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    All right, I finished Blackwall's personal quest
    And I feel justified in my instinctive dislike of him! Sorry "Blackwall," you're kind of an awful person.

At least he's trying to make up for it. I got Josephine to call in some favors and bust him out of the slammer, and I'll be turning him over to the wardens after all this is over. Next playthrough I'm tempted to let him rot in jail.
    His whole character arc felt kind of unfinished and rushed to me. He makes the resolution that he wants to be better, turns himself in, you bust him out and the "resolution" of his character arc is that he'll have to make amends in some fashion later. It all happens so rapidly and without any payoff. It feels like it ought to be one of the first scenes in his character arc, not the final ones.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So I really like the idea of the grappling hook but since it only appears to work on about 25% of enemies

What should I take to get my two hander up in people's faces

BULL RUSH, obviously

though I do still like grappling hook for pulling mages/spellbinders from behind their tanking friends

• Options
    Charging Bull is pretty much mandatory for a player controlled warrior. It's a shame the AI is totally incapable of using it.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I think if rating characters by % of banter that makes me laugh, Merrill might be my favourite party member from any Bioware game yet. She's just so relentlessly optimistic and upbeat.

On being told not to go a certain way because there's a huge dragon: "Oh! Are we gonna go that way? I've never seen a huge dragon."

On finding a woman's severed hand: "You can survive without a hand! This doesn't mean anyone's dead."

edit: the Welsh accent definitely helps. She just sounds so damn endearing.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Grappling hook is for light, ranged targets who want to keep distance, bull rush is what you use to close with heavies.

• Options
    Look Robot Santa I'm not talking smack about all AIs

• Options
    Oh man speaking of huge dragons

Yknow the epic dragon/giant fight

Yeah I saw that last night

The models were just bumping into each other repeatedly and bugging out

Sera and Bull commented on it like it was the most epic, incredible thing they've ever seen

Ruined the moment pretty bad

• Options
    Charging Bull also knocks multiple enemies on their ass to get dunked with Mighty Blow, and gives a decent amount of guard.

It's such a great all around skill.

It's also the only reason Katari is fun to play in multi.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh my Goodness

(Varric skyhold spoilers)
    Just bumped into Varric talking with a nice dwarf that seems to be sweet on him.

And her name is Bianca.

Oh my, Just what do we have, here? 8->

Goatmon on

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Hmm okay, thanks all. Might try my hand at a dragon and see if I can up his approval. Story wise, I have to do crestwood after talking to varric but just been doing side stuff for the time being.

• Options
    Is there a quest I can do to get Isabela some trousers?

• Options

Lo, Smof, you must travel to the dreaded NEXUS and clicketh upon thy provided link

does thou accept this quest?!

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/2315/?

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    So my Qunari Mage God-Queen Inquisitor is romancing Iron Bull. and I laughed for a good ten minutes over the romance cutscene after giving Bull a present.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Speaking of Merrill's accent, also

It feels super weird to have my elf dude with an accent wildly different from every other elf

• Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    So my Qunari Mage God-Queen Inquisitor is romancing Iron Bull. and I laughed for a good ten minutes over the romance cutscene after giving Bull a present.

It's pretty much the funniest character-driven cutscene in the game, no doubt.

• Options

You might see if Sera has anything to spare.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    fTKzTF7.jpg
    I'm only level 13 but getting a tier 4 tier 3 weapon schematic from a war room mission was pretty awesome. The weapon on the right is the one I had been using. That's a pretty huge jump! Now I just need some armor and helmets to come my way.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I didn't know tier four was even a thing

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I didn't know tier four was even a thing

You're right. I must have gotten confused because there were four material slots.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Hmm

Jeff Gerstmann pointed out that all the character animations for the main character are still masculine even if you pick a woman

I hadn't thought about it but

yeah he's right

• Options
    Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, and that is certainly possible.

But are there expressly feminine character animations that you're not getting with the Inquisitor?

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I hadn't noticed, maybe because I'm playing Qunari, or maybe because if a female is doing something, in my mind, it is by definition, feminine.

It's far better than many games where my supposed female badass is mincing around like a fucking princess or sashaying like a runway model dispite wearing 80 pounds of magical plate.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, and that is certainly possible.

But are there expressly feminine character animations that you're not getting with the Inquisitor?

Well his biggest one is how she sits

spread legs, hands on knees

not that women can't sit that way of course, but its typically a male wale of sitting and its sorta weird switching from the overly ridiculous, sexualized hip sway walk to that when I sit down

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The walking animation for female Inquisitors definitely has a little shake to it, you know
    A little shimmy

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I hadn't noticed at all either, wow

I feel unobservant now

Better get that perk next

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hell I feel like female Shepards animated just like male Sheps too
    I think? I honestly never noticed

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hell I feel like female Shepards animated just like male Sheps too
    I think? I honestly never noticed

Yes they were

That kinda made sense for shepherd for me

basically apparently this is how it breaks down

ME: only one set of animations for shepherd

DA:I: women specific walking animation (varies from ok to a little sexualized), only one set of animations in cutscenes

it just creates a weird dissonance for me. If they were all the same, as in ME, maybe I wouldn't notice

This discussion has been closed.