Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians, to level 32 and the Dark Below! Eris lives!

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    It would be extremely funny if the last update replaced all the weasels and bees and anteaters with "lizard" so that Bungie can say "it's not our fault!"

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited December 2014
    Happy Destiny Expansion Day! :D

Installing...

Edit: Weekly and Nigtfall require completion of Eris quest to unlock.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    It's live! Let us join forces!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Aww, the 2 purple engrams I'd saved from the weekend just turned into the old legendary weapons.

• Options
    Turning in bounties got me a vanguard commendation and a new purple helmet! Light tops out at 33, Defense at 425!

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Only Helmets and Chests (Crucible, Vanguard, Factions) need commendations! Boots and Armor do not. They all have Light 33 :-)
    Weapons need 1 commendation too.
    @Wassermelone‌ opened his Vanguard package and received a new piece of armor (a Helmet) together with his commendation.

I cashed in my engrams, and my Purple engram turned into an old Dead Orbit helmet (the new ones have Light 33 so it know we had old engrams).
    Faction gear and weapons have been upgraded (and changed their skills too).

The Nightfall is Omnigul, so you need to do Eris's quests first.
    Weekly : Omnigul + Arc Burn
    Nightfall : Omnigul + Arc Burn + Lightswitch + Angry

Eris has bounties which give even Motes of Light.

Eris has emblems and shaders at higher levels of Eris's reputation.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Can't play tonight or tomorrow but patched up and hopped in to look.

Eris also had a class specific daily quest from what I saw. Titan only despite looking on my warlock.

Seriously?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The crucible and vanguard vendors have armor better than VoG gear. Well, time for grinding.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    FAction packages (i.e. FWC, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy) give Crucible Commendations, apparently.

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Early morning impression after 2 story missions. Prettttyyyy cool stuff :)

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    skyknyt wrote: »
    This gun with full auto is going to be my dream

Why is that? Doesn't look like anything really special, (unless I'm missing something)...

It's the only 331 attack legendary pulse rifle with High Impact, which means that if you like high impact pulse rifles (I DO!!!) it'll be the go to choice for Raiding/Crucible now that Red Death's been nerfed.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Only Helmets and Chests (Crucible, Vanguard, Factions) need commendations! Boots and Armor do not. They all have Light 33 :-)
    Weapons need 1 commendation too.
    @Wassermelone‌ opened his Vanguard package and received a new piece of armor (a Helmet) together with his commendation.

I cashed in my engrams, and my Purple engram turned into an old Dead Orbit helmet (the new ones have Light 33 so it know we had old engrams).
    Faction gear and weapons have been upgraded (and changed their skills too).

The Nightfall is Omnigul, so you need to do Eris's quests first.
    Weekly : Omnigul + Arc Burn
    Nightfall : Omnigul + Arc Burn + Lightswitch + Angry

Eris has bounties which give even Motes of Light.

Eris has emblems and shaders at higher levels of Eris's reputation.

Yeah! Bought new vanguard boots and then turned in my quests which leveled my vanguard. The package gave me the new vanguard helm along with a commendation, god of war shader, and some mats.

I will hit 30 today! Hurrah!

Well, tomorrow sorta. After I sleep.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Woo! Class specific bounties. Shame I'm not a titan!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Raid is hella fun so far. Onto the the second area.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »
    Raid is hella fun so far. Onto the the second area.

Got arms with 36 light after the first part. It's fucking intense, guys.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Played the first Croata mission.

My 29 Titan died in that lvl 24 mission like 6 times !

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Also, this is how we started the raid (no spoilers)
    http://youtu.be/zGPE4kmFpEk

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Nightfall/Heroic is locked until Friday. You need to finish Eris' quests, one of which involves

EDIT: Apparently this is wrong, sorry for the false info.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Hmm... did the first quest. You can get ascendants in addition to bonus XP if you play it on Heroic.
    The end fight was surprising. Not quite sure what the debuff does but I actually had to like... adjust my strategy to kill that guy before the adds spawned.

The entire structure of that mission was pretty neat too.

Though I wonder if/assume that you'll be able to go back and repeat the quests after you clear the entire chain...?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Hmm... did the first quest. You can get ascendants in addition to bonus XP if you play it on Heroic.
    The end fight was surprising. Not quite sure what the debuff does but I actually had to like... adjust my strategy to kill that guy before the adds spawned.

Though I wonder if/assume that you'll be able to go back and repeat the quests after you clear the entire chain...?
    It stops you from using your class jump ability, and I believe it slows your movement speed though that I'm not 100% sure on.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Okay... I bought the expansion. Got the confirmation email. Got my new sparrow. Game is telling me I cant use the sparrow nor access the raid because I dont have the expansion.

Hmmm.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Crippl3 wrote: »

It stops you from using your class jump ability, and I believe it slows your movement speed though that I'm not 100% sure on.

oh,
    given how much he spammed those shockwaves at mid-range that debuff makes sense, ha.

edit: fighting him with the Angry modifier active will be interesting.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Nothing but eel and weasel errors with a couple of bees and coconuts thrown in. Think the destiny servers are giving some people a hard time. That coupled with my Internet being shit is a recipe to really piss me the fuck off. I gotta go to bed too now because I'm working tonight. Whoop-de-fucking-do.

Did get the new gear thankfully so that's something, at least.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Wow so running through the new raid blind, especially the first part, was just an amazing experience. So much fun. Turns out we had the second part beat, but rushed it a bit and then after that we were kind of tired and called it. Great playing with everyone, and jealous of those that got stuff. That bridge though was epic

• Options
    Is Eris supposed to give actual quests? All I see are bounties.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Should have one quest from the start. Purple icon.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Feriluce wrote: »

Should have one quest from the start. Purple icon.

Im bugged I think. The game thinks I dont have the expansion when I do. And the sparrow to prove it. Which I cant use either.

• Options
    Have you tried reloading your account licenses?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Well, finished the Croata missions.

They were okay, but man if I'd have paid for this expansion I'd be pissed right now. 45 minutes of new missions and a strike I can't even play till next week because of Xur for $20?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Have you tried reloading your account licenses?

How do I do this?

On 360/One.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html
    In Settings: Select [PSN] > [Restore Licenses].

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Well, finished the Croata missions.

They were okay, but man if I'd have paid for this expansion I'd be pissed right now. 45 minutes of new missions and a strike I can't even play till next week because of Xur for $20?

You can play the strike. We just finished it on heroic. You've got to do the heart/eyes/etc bounties.

• Options
    Okaaay. I switched back to 360 from the One and the Eris quest popped up. Weird. Will switch back later and see if the one caught up

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I leveled up the Vanguard right when I logged in and he gave me my fuzzy shoulders!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    This gun with full auto is going to be my dream

Why is that? Doesn't look like anything really special, (unless I'm missing something)...

It's the only 331 attack legendary pulse rifle with High Impact, which means that if you like high impact pulse rifles (I DO!!!) it'll be the go to choice for Raiding/Crucible now that Red Death's been nerfed.

I was missing something! High Impact anything is nice.

• Options
    Pro-tip: when doing the first batch of Eris Missions, you can switch to lower level armor at the end so they get the exp. boost. :)

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Logged in this morning to start the download, got a nightingale error, tried again and logged right in, welcome to The Dark Below.

That was unexpected.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Okaaay. I switched back to 360 from the One and the Eris quest popped up. Weird. Will switch back later and see if the one caught up

Shit sorry, I didn't realize. I'll let one of our resident Xbox nerds experts figure out how to do it.

Tycho wrote:
  • Options

Shit sorry, I didn't realize. I'll let one of our resident Xbox nerds experts figure out how to do it.

I think it straightened itself out. Its like it needed to chew on the the info for a while before understanding I had upgraded

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Woke up at 4AM and unlocked the strike with @Sousuke‌ and @Crayon. Didn't have time to go in there, but I did hit some nice numbers on my squats & deadlifts. So huzzah... the first 3 hours of my day were quite productive. Yes. Quite.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group