As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Made a Ace Ventura "laces out" reference about 49er in chat, and @Raiden333‌ enjoyed it so much, he sent me DiveKick! Which is perfect cause they missed the kick and now are taking a dive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7wpGY9LTfc

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    So as a COMPLETELY SEPARATE thing, if any of you guys played and loved 140 like I did, and have desperately wanted an album for forever, the official one is still "in the works," but someone on the Steam Forum put together an unofficial one and you can find it there. This makes me happy :D

Jragghen, you're killing me here. I keep wish listing games you post once I go check them out!
    The track playing in the trailer is nice, was zoning me out even in a 1m dose.

They say 140 doesn't take more than about 45m to beat, is that the truth?

It is very, very short.

You can have it be much longer, though - once you beat the game once, it unlocks each level (well, the first one, anyway - I think you have to work through each) to play through without checkpoints.

That would take hours and hours and hours.

But yeah, I've only got 2 hours logged, and I'd beat the first level again without checkpoints. So 45 minutes for a first runthrough sounds about right. Wait until the price is what you feel is warranted by that.

In other news, just beat Bulletstorm
    Seriously, THAT'S the ending? THAT?

So I'll be starting Cloudbuilt next. Streaming's turned on for any friends, so feel free to jump in and laugh at my terribleness.

You have no idea what you got yourself into;) Enjoy redeployment when ya get there:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You know what makes working nights in supermarkets during christmas better? GIFTS! Thanks to @Shade for Ruse and @jeix for AssCreed Liberation! What a kickass thinig to find when I get home! <3

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    CAN HAZ GAMEZ?
    nzqri8o4ybbz.png

CAN HAZ GAMEZ.

Thanks to @Dirtyboy‌ for this! I hope I can make Cheezbrgr in this...

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    A little over 21 hours left to punish me for my hubris.

I am still matching all donations $20 and under until the end of the charity drive.

We've cleared the $8000 hurdle, here are some upcoming rewards:
    -Every $500 over $7500 is another playthrough of DeviantArt: The Game by Pixie
    -$9,000, Fanda's Ironman X-COM Let's Play
    -$10,000, TeeMan's pixel art raffle for those who donated $30 or more

Karoz on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    First two levels
    53BBE87BFF66D29AD1838F845749627FEF460465

444ADE91C160670C7B8BDD9034AD9F75DFFCB4CC

Not a good sign! :V

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    And @initiatefailure‌ has chosen the third game as Alpha Protocol. I'm sure I'll get to it in a few months :p

I'll be traveling most of next week, but after New Years, I should have some time to crank through some of this.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    @Maguano‌ sent me Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme Hyper Fighting Legendary Complete Edition Mk.II

Which is really awesome if you consider that the first Warriors game I ever played was Hyrule Warriors very recently, and I've discovered that I actually love the genre quite a bit.

And @svevin sent me Beatbuddy, which is what you do during a Steam Sale, you beat your buddy to the gifting.

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes after my job ended yesterday, I'm sure I'll land on my feet. Who knows, maybe I'll become a Youtube personality? That seems like fun.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    In other news, just beat Bulletstorm
    Seriously, THAT'S the ending? THAT?

Nothing hits quite so hard as a sequel hook to a game I actually like that will never, ever get one.

I'd do it all again for Waggleton P. Tallylicker. The space hero we all needed.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Went to give The Forest a brief expedition
    Then got myself beaten into submission.

It went dark, as I said, "Is this is it?
    Only later, do I exclaim....

HOLY SHIT!!

AE6694393751BC996607000C8C99B61E6827F771

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    A big thank you to @BigDes for Castle Crashers, but I already have a copy so I have to decline. I do appreciate the attempt.
    I feel that in this war of cheap games, a copy of Ethan Carter was a highly disproportionate response.

So don't worry, you have escalated things @an_alt‌ but that is all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    My mortal enemy approaches!
    qFn7Tap.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Wait what, the fighting fantasy books are available on Steam?

What is this?

Must find.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Just one, and it's an mobile port from a tablet but it works really well. I was killed by a werewolf shortly after I felled the might TreeMan so the experience is authentic

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Just one, and it's an mobile port from a tablet but it works really well. I was killed by a werewolf shortly after I felled the might TreeMan so the experience is authentic

Yeah but how is the game?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    "Would you like to take the the stairs leading up, or the stairs leading down?"

"Up"

"As you reach the top, you encounter an angry Wizard, who blasts you with a gust of wind and knocks you falling back down the tower. Did you take a specific 7 page path to find the secret levitation spell no one knows about?"

"...no?"

"You fall to your death. Your adventure is over"

Good Times.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I don't know why they called them 'Choose Your Own Adventure'. They wrote hundreds of them and the proper title was always 'Choose The Manner Of Your Death'.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    I don't know why they called them 'Choose Your Own Adventure'. They wrote hundreds of them and the proper title was always 'Choose The Manner Of Your Death'.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We are at $8,207.05! That is roughly $800 from the next incentive, and $3,000 or so from beating last year's total. Donations are due by 11:59 EST

Will a Christmas miracle occur?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Speaking of Christmas Miracles, Skyrim DLC is now $5 on Amazon, including Dragonborn.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Card trading!

I just updated my inventory (because I'm a giant nerd that keeps track of his inventory). For the holiday set I need Blase, Monte, Rhombus, and Tender. I have spares of Itsy and Sage. There's a link in my signature to a spreadsheet of trade goods and gem values. Shop at jclast's - it's my favorite shop in the Steam thread!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I had a bunch of them under different titles and one was about being a wrestler and trying to win the championship.

And one of the things you do gets you drafted by a football team, and theres pretty much no way you can say no to that. But they offered me a million dollar contract! Only it was for one dollar a year for a million years.

I cried. Fuck you book. I wanted to be a wrestler.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Barely remember the 'Choose You Own Adventure' books of mine.
    Other than those that are written by none other than R.L. Stine.

Of course, Goosebumps was incredibly popular at the time.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2113-gauntlet

Nuuvem has Gauntlet for 5 bucks, region free key. You should get it and play with me.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    @HeirTransparent is awesome and just gifted me the 4 holiday cards I needed - thanks very much!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Oh man, just had a real intense match of Depth. I was a tiger shark and my partner was a great white. It was pretty close the whole game, but it came down to the wire with just me against 3 divers. No tickets left for anyone.

I was careful. So careful. I took my time circling them until I saw an opening. Boom. One down. I get altitude and snag a passing seal, darting back in and grabbing another diver from behind as STEVE trundles along, swimming past the soon to be sole-survivor. I zoom out again, and wind back around, making sure no mines or sonar will trip me up. Boom. Cheering as I grab the last one!

Real tense stuff. I can't imagine how stressful it was for that last dude.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Nuuvem has Gauntlet for 5 bucks, region free key. You should get it and play with me.

Tempting, but I don't want to deal with the fraud protection stuff on my card when it sees I'm trying to purchase stuff in Brazil. =)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Bobkins Flymo
    TVRnLOD.png

I can't keep up with the thread during sales, but I can do this.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

Tempting, but I don't want to deal with the fraud protection stuff on my card when it sees I'm trying to purchase stuff in Brazil. =)

Trying, but it won't let me create an account. Keeps saying "validating." Then I choose login via Twitter and it says my Twitter account doesn't have a connected Nuuvem account--I need to create a Nuuvem account on the website and then authorize it to Twitter. Um, no, that's not how social login systems work. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Oh well.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Oh man, just had a real intense match of Depth. I was a tiger shark and my partner was a great white. It was pretty close the whole game, but it came down to the wire with just me against 3 divers. No tickets left for anyone.

I was careful. So careful. I took my time circling them until I saw an opening. Boom. One down. I get altitude and snag a passing seal, darting back in and grabbing another diver from behind as STEVE trundles along, swimming past the soon to be sole-survivor. I zoom out again, and wind back around, making sure no mines or sonar will trip me up. Boom. Cheering as I grab the last one!

Somebody let me know when they are playing so I can watch the Steam stream to see how this game looks like in action.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    GameTalk:

I beat the campaign in Shadows of Mordor last night. The ending was... kinda disappointing. That said, the game itself is pretty fantastic, and the nemesis system makes for some really cool organic gameplay stories. Highly recommend.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Woke up to @Penumbra tossing (shooting?) Valkyria Chronicles at me! Thanks!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Is there people still buying gems for cards in here? I have 120 left over gems I can't do anything with I want to sell if possible.

On sale, I sold enough to buy myself 1 level in the holiday badge. Sale good for me.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Anyone able to buy game right now? Keep getting an error.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Trying, but it won't let me create an account. Keeps saying "validating." Then I choose login via Twitter and it says my Twitter account doesn't have a connected Nuuvem account--I need to create a Nuuvem account on the website and then authorize it to Twitter. Um, no, that's not how social login systems work. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Oh well.

Empty your cart, maybe clear your cache for that website at least, then create a new account from the main page instead of during the checkout process. I had the same problem, but this fixed it right up.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Take my games!
    More giveaways, to maybe momentarily distract you (and me) from burning away all of your money on sale games! Ending Monday evening, open to general PA group.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Somebody let me know when they are playing so I can watch the Steam stream to see how this game looks like in action.

There's a tab for broadcasts in the community hub if you don't care who you're watching. (I don't think my connection can handle streaming & gaming at the same time right now)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/274940/broadcasts

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Oh well.

Empty your cart, maybe clear your cache for that website at least, then create a new account from the main page instead of during the checkout process. I had the same problem, but this fixed it right up.

That worked, thanks!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Okay, who doesn't have Skyrim at this point?

This discussion has been closed.