As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm pretty annoyed that @Darkyth‌ gets all the hate messages when we pvp. What the hell is up with that?

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I'm pretty annoyed that @Darkyth‌ gets all the hate messages when we pvp. What the hell is up with that?
    Do people send hate messages when they lose? :eek:

And Darkyth is such a nice fellow!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Sorry for flaking out on Crota, Team Cold Nuggets, but I really needed sleep. Huge thanks to @morgan_coke‌ for jumping in and ensuring that the raid went on after I ran outta steam. I hope RNG was good to you all!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Especially when I use a sniper rifle.

It's almost as if they think it's easy to get first time headshots with a sniper rifle...

Well, jokes on them, this is pretty much my reaction now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular

They don't send them to me :(
    I would screencap and save them like a badge of glory!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    After giving me 12 strange coins for the nightfall, RNG went my way a bit during HM crota and I got the helmet, hard light, thunderlord, titan class item and raid ship.

Now I just need to hit rank 4 with eris, convert all my energy to shards and I'll finally be 32.

Was a hell of a fight too, first time we got him to 1% during enrage but just missed killing him. We poo-pooed for a few minutes after that, regrouped and went in on him a second time and put him down, no fuss, no muss

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Well nightfall was disapointing.

-12 Strange Coins
    - 11 Energies
    - Dragon's breath (which will probably get sharded since I already have one).

I need to kill HM Crota at some point this week.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    In anyone else needs a nightfall run on 360, feel free to hit me up. Even though I already completed it with Hiryu, I need Toland Shards for Thorne (complete strikes/nightfalls) and I'm working through Pocket Infinity as well (Fusion Rifle kills during a NF).

Even if I'm not on 360/Destiny, message me on live and I'll hop on.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Picked up the Arachnid helm, The Cure rocket launcher and another Plan C (my fourth) from the Nightfall yesterday. I don't have a Hunter, so yay for an Exotic Shard?

Snowmaggedon 2015 kept me off for the rest of the day, but I'm working from home today, so I'm all about killing HM Crota if anyone is running it. I MIGHT have all evening, too. Not sure if my wife has choir rehearsal or not.

Meanwhile, I think I'll be glimmer farming the start of the Nightfall.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Picked up the Arachnid helm, The Cure rocket launcher and another Plan C (my fourth) from the Nightfall yesterday. I don't have a Hunter, so yay for an Exotic Shard?

Snowmaggedon 2015 kept me off for the rest of the day, but I'm working from home today, so I'm all about killing HM Crota if anyone is running it. I MIGHT have all evening, too. Not sure if my wife has choir rehearsal or not.

Nooooooo! Don't shard that Hunter Helmet with a combined stat bonus of +132! It's like not having a Titan and wanting to shard an Armamentarium with +167...
    (OK, Armamentarium is better than that Hunter helmet)...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    DecatusDecatus Registered User regular
    @Fawst‌

I'm down to give HM Crota a shot or two today. I've got to run an errand around 8:30am PST, but other than that I've got tons of time. Shoot me an invite when it's time.

PSN: decatus90
  • Options

It's a sign that you have to make a hunter. You just have to. I had all of these issues in the past and now that I have one character of each class, I don't mind these kind of drops (although it never happens to me). Last night my hunter finally was able to hit level 31 so I can do All content with all my character now (although getting my Titan and hunter to 32 might take a while).

Also, I'm available for Any Raid tonight after 9h00pm EST. I do have a check point at HM Crota on my 32 warlock if some are interested.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Thanks to CE being nice and finally dropping boots for my warlock, I just hit 32 this morning! I am ready for some HM Crota tries any time today!

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I was looking at my vault to see how close I was to having enough shards to get two characters to 32 (still need boots on my Titan) and realized that while I almost have enough there's a bigger issue I had yet to think about. To convert 63 radiant energy into radiant shards is going to cost 31,500 glimmer plus whatever the upgrade costs on three pieces of gear is. Looks like I have many many hours of glimmer farming to do in the next week or so. Yay...

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    On the Destiny companion app, the description for Radiant Shards reads:
    "Obtained from Raids, in smaller amounts from Nightfall events, and rarely from other sources in the world."

Is that a direct copy/paste from Ascendant materials? I don't have any gear that requires Ascendants and is un-upgraded to be able to tell, since the app won't list the upgrade materials if it's completely upgraded.

I never noticed this before. O_o

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    In anyone else needs a nightfall run on 360, feel free to hit me up. Even though I already completed it with Hiryu, I need Toland Shards for Thorne (complete strikes/nightfalls) and I'm working through Pocket Infinity as well (Fusion Rifle kills during a NF).

Even if I'm not on 360/Destiny, message me on live and I'll hop on.

I still need to run Nightfall with my Titan, but I won't be on until this evening-- probably 8:30-9:00ish. I also need to run the Heroic Strikes, as I'm a bit poor on Strange Coins at the moment.

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets:

@Haximus‌ @Hiryu02‌ @Iron Weasel@shoeboxjeddy‌ @Evil Monkey@b4rt Thanks for the invite last night. Was happy to help. Sorry we couldn't get Crota down, I swear to got I'm cursed on that fight. Oh, and if you guys were wondering how I got across the bridge, I just ran as fast as I could then when it started deconstructing I double jumped and started swinging the sword to move forward faster. Time tested method. :+1:

@Sirialis‌ Hey man, Zur sold that like two weeks ago. Shoulda bought it bro. But you know what? In thanks for your helping us out with the nightfalls, I'll give you mine. Just open trade next time we're in Destiny. :hydra:

@Erevar‌ thanks for helping me and @skippymchaggis‌ with the last nightfall. And congrats on the hunter chest, I know you've been looking for it for awhile now.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    SchlagholzerSchlagholzer Registered User regular
    I need all of the things tonight on PS4. ALL of them. Invite me to whatever. I'm not THAT bad...ish.

PSN ID : Schlagholzer
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    So many HM Crota bugs last night. Ugh. Lots of Crota jumping up instantly while kneeling. Sword despawns. Swordbearers coming out at weird times and disappearing. We even had a couple of runs where both the swordbearer AND the gatekeeper were running up into the upstairs crystal room. And we had one perfect run ruined when boomers shot us through the ceiling while we were in the ogre room.

Looking forward to a clean slate tonight.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    So many HM Crota bugs last night. Ugh. Lots of Crota jumping up instantly while kneeling. Sword despawns. Swordbearers coming out at weird times and disappearing. We even had a couple of runs where both the swordbearer AND the gatekeeper were running up into the upstairs crystal room. And we had one perfect run ruined when boomers shot us through the ceiling while we were in the ogre room.

Looking forward to a clean slate tonight.

Yeah that one with them shooting through the ceiling was incredibly frustrating

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yay Nightfall gave me a Helm of Saint-14!
    Never had one before since I was short coins when it was on sale. Good times!

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Yay Nightfall gave me a Helm of Saint-14!
    Never had one before since I was short coins when it was on sale. Good times!

Best perks, worst look.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It's a look that puts the fear of God into your opponents, though.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Finally hit 32 on my voidwalker. Just need a raid helmet and I can hit 32 with my sunsinger.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    oh hey destiny thread

err6fm1jugbs.png

yes this is a typical outcome and totally indicative of my usual comparative performance, thanks for asking

Gad.png 304.1K
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    I don't know why they always send me the hate mail messages. More often than not @BillyIdle‌ has a way better score than I do...
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    oh hey destiny thread

err6fm1jugbs.png

yes this is a typical outcome and totally indicative of my usual comparative performance, thanks for asking
    You should have posted this one. :)
    rpfaf7tufw69.jpg

Lots of fun in Skirmish last night. I counted up our games and we went 13-1.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Got in late last night and tried to solo the Nightfall. No problems until the second area where the Shanks did the thing where they just float up through the floor behind you and nuked me. Just WELP'd and turned the game off.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Man I hope Xur is selling either an upgrade or new Mask of the Third Man

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Man I hope Xur is selling either an upgrade or new Mask of the Third Man

If he has heavy ammo synths, then I'll forgive him for not stocking anything else that I might want...

Edit: Though it would be nice if he sells Hard Light and Skull of Dire Ahamkara to finish out my collection. =P

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Hmm I should run some weekly heroics. I don't think I have very many coins.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I need the nightfall tonight, and am up for NM Crota and any VOG as well.

I can't believe how quickly you go from "Oh man do I need some ascendant shards so I can hit 30!" to "Oh FFS not more useless shards"

I think it took me all of a week to jump from one extreme to the other. I think it is because ine VOG plus nightfall can be orders of magnitude more shards than you have collected in the entire game up to that point and then they are useless. At least energies let you level up new weapons.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Vorpal wrote: »
    I need the nightfall tonight, and am up for NM Crota and any VOG as well.

I can't believe how quickly you go from "Oh man do I need some ascendant shards so I can hit 30!" to "Oh FFS not more useless shards"

I think it took me all of a week to jump from one extreme to the other. I think it is because ine VOG plus nightfall can be orders of magnitude more shards than you have collected in the entire game up to that point and then they are useless. At least energies let you level up new weapons.

I keep buying new Iron Banner gear that eats up all my shards.

EDIT: and my sapphire wire and hadronic essence. Is it bad that when I get a copy of a class specific exotic I'm more excited about the sapphire wire/hadronic essence and glimmer than I am about the exotic shard?

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I got shards from a nightfall to go along with my 150 others. So lame.

I'd be willing to dump all of those into my Vault of Glass armor, but then I'd have to spend a ton of time farming marks, glimmer and class armor materials too.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They need to downgrade ascendant mats to Rare/blue and add rad mats to nightfall loot table

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    The issue with making a Hunter is that I need vault space. All 3 of my characters are holding a lot of things I'm not willing to part with. I'm going to wait for House of Wolves to drop to see if we get a better/bigger bank before I do anything (how's that for alliteration?).

Fawst on
  • Options
    The issue with making a Hunter is that I need vault space. All 3 of my characters are holding a lot of things I'm not willing to part with. I'm going to wait for House of Wolves to drop to see if we get a better/bigger bank before I do anything (how's that for alliteration?).

You know your hunter will come with 10 slots each for primary/secondary/heavy weapons, right? And 9 slots each for every kind of armor? Plus 9 shader slots, 9 ship slots, and 15 consumable and 15 upgrade mats slots? There's your bigger vault space right there man.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Is it bad that when I get a copy of a class specific exotic I'm more excited about the sapphire wire/hadronic essence and glimmer than I am about the exotic shard?

I am right there with you, I am class-specific upgrade-material poor right now. I have enough fully leveled armor to get my Warlock up to 31, but I'm painfully short on Hadronic Essence. I guess I could just buy a bunch of greens from Ikora Rey and shred them, but that seems like it could get expensive real fast, considering how much HE I need.

awsimo on
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    Is it bad that when I get a copy of a class specific exotic I'm more excited about the sapphire wire/hadronic essence and glimmer than I am about the exotic shard?

I am right there with you, I am class-specific upgrade-material poor right now. I have enough fully leveled armor to get my Warlock up to 31, but I'm painfully short on Hadronic Essence. I guess I could just buy a bunch of greens from Ikora Rey and shred them, but that seems like it could get expensive real fast, considering how much HE I need.

Same here. You spend all your class specific materials to get to 31, you make a single run in Crota and now you have to level up some new boots/gloves and you have no more sapphire wire, plate or hadronic essence. This is, right now, my #1 biggest stop gap on using new armor. Extraction zone works pretty well to get some needed glimmer for upgrade. Daily + marks exchange for mats works ok enough to not really be the slow us down. I guess with 3 alts, I'm prioritizing some character and keep putting engram in the back to be decrypt by the character I need at that moment. You can hear me swear when The Crytard turn some in motes of light or Strange Coins...

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

You know your hunter will come with 10 slots each for primary/secondary/heavy weapons, right? And 9 slots each for every kind of armor? Plus 9 shader slots, 9 ship slots, and 15 consumable and 15 upgrade mats slots? There's your bigger vault space right there man.

But he said all three of his characters. He's already using that bigger vault space.

Edit: and in nightfall complaints news, when I ran it all three of got a purple weapon and that's it :|

Qanamil on
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »

Save greens you get while running bounties and then equip them when you turn the bounty in. 1 bounty will fully level a green helm/chest/gloves and thereby increase the amount of class materials you get from dismantling it.

It *is* expensive if you buy from the vendor before doing this (340 - 470 glimmer per armor), but if you make a habit of doing this every time you turn in bounties, then you won't be starved for those materials nearly as much.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote: