Options

Trans Thread 59

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm hoping my terrible flirting isn't bothering anyone

doing my best to keep it light and fun

the "dad jokes" of flirting
    I'm trying to envision what that would be like.

Dad starts making casual conversation with someone.

"Are you hitting on me?"

Dad says, "Nope!" and then pulls out a whiffle bat and starts bonking them on the head.

"Now I'm hitting on you!"

"Are you flirting?"
    "No, i'm Dad"

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    melding wins

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    *hands Melding moustache and pipe*

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    melding wins
    That's my honey pumpkin, always the overachiever! :D

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Man crush of kings: Oded Fehr

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Phil Dunphy.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Do fictional man-crushes count?

broken image link
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

"Hmm, I wonder who that is?"

*quick Googling*

Yep, I definitely can see why a person might be attracted to him. That is a handsome man.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

is the crush or the man fictional?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm down to get the fiction on.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

is the crush or the man fictional?

Man.

Iorek Byrnison.

Also MacGyver.

broken image link
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Is Chris Evans just a boring choice now?

• Options
    Ain't no boring crushes.

Except for orange.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I was going to say George Clooney

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Is Chris Evans just a boring choice now?

The only boring one is one that is slightly dated, but only slightly, because once you go back further they become cool again.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Mads Mikkelsen hands down

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I vote that every straight cis guy admits their inevitable dude crush. Just get that business done and out in the open, fellas.

Mine is obviously @Kincaid‌

I don't worry about Blake leaving me for another woman (unless she's like 7'+ tall)

but boy do I worry about Blake leaving me for @Kincaid‌

one time @Odin posted his pic in a camwhore thread and my wife was like "yo who the hell is that guy"

and i was like wife pls

i actually remember this picture

i said to my brother "hey do you want to see some dudes from the internet post pictures of their beards" and he sort of rolled his eyes and came over expecting some shitty nerds

and then it was odin and he basically passed out

When we did the first Perth meetup, we were due to meet @Butler and @Kincaid‌ and Waka Laka. I'd met Butler before and already knew what Waka looked like, so Kincaid was the mystery as he did not post much in those days (or these days).

So we went in assuming that he'd be a stereotypical nerdy-looking dude. Instead, we got Barney Stinson.

We still call him that sometimes.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

YUSSSSS

he was the best part of the Mummy movies

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Pony wrote: »
    I vote that every straight cis guy admits their inevitable dude crush. Just get that business done and out in the open, fellas.

I don't worry about Blake leaving me for another woman (unless she's like 7'+ tall)

one time @Odin posted his pic in a camwhore thread and my wife was like "yo who the hell is that guy"

and i was like wife pls

i actually remember this picture

i said to my brother "hey do you want to see some dudes from the internet post pictures of their beards" and he sort of rolled his eyes and came over expecting some shitty nerds

and then it was odin and he basically passed out

When we did the first Perth meetup, we were due to meet @Butler and @Kincaid‌ and Waka Laka. I'd met Butler before and already knew what Waka looked like, so Kincaid was the mystery as he did not post much in those days (or these days).

So we went in assuming that he'd be a stereotypical nerdy-looking dude. Instead, we got Barney Stinson.

We still call him that sometimes.

What have I been tagged in a hundred times?

Oh.

Oh.

E: Miss you guys! =/

Kincaid on
  • Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

Damnit, I went for the wrong one at Aaron's wedding?!

Inevitable dude crush? Jensen Ackles from Supernatural. Dayumn.

Kincaid on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I would basically let jensen ackles pee on me if he wanted

• Options
    I remember dude-crushing a bit on @Futore when he was still posting around these parts.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

For whatever reason I find that early 1990s Harrison Ford is where it's at

Han Solo does nothing for me, Indiana Jones is conventionally attractive I guess, but Jack Ryan? Yes please

Richard Kimball? With beard? Not even fair

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I can't really explain it, maybe it's the rhythm and cadence of his accent, but Allen Leech (Tom Branson of Downton Abbey) makes me watch a lot of Masterpiece Theater.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Rupert Graves
    6912-29724.jpg
    So dreamy...

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Brandon Boyd can serenade me while I make him breakfast any day.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Okay, so, this has been bugging me all week and I just really really need a place to vent my continued frustration at this....incident.

Spoilered because it might be a little triggering? And also because I'm just straight cis white boy and don't want to overly shit up the thread, relevant or not.
    So at my job I work on one of maybe five teams, all under the same manager. Our group also has a pseudo-second-in-command who loosely fills the role of project manager, so we'll call her PM. PM is more or less in charge whenever manager isn't on-site.

So earlier this week two of my coworkers (who are both women) were joking about getting married (they recently both spent the night on-site due to potential bad weather and have been joking about these things ever since). One of them commented that they can't get married because it's illegal, so I "helpfully" pointed out it's presently legal (supreme court case, etc). Well, PM happened to be walking by, and decided this would be a good time to interject her...opinions...on things.

See, PM is a Jehovah's Witness. And PM is apparently a very good little JW and absolutely loves speaking her mind about these things. So what started out as friendly light banter between coworkers suddenly turned into a fairly overly religious person basically preaching against "the gay" openly and unabashedly in the middle of the workplace. At one point my more moderate coworker tried to engage her by asking if she had a child (she has a son) was gay wouldn't she still want him to be happy? And she said, "No. I'd want him to be alone." which just kinda pretty much hit my berserk button. I was already just sort of staring at my computer trying not to flip, at that point I just completely zoned out and put the whole thing on ignore for the sake of my sanity. She was probably over here preaching for a little over half an hour or so.

Oh yeah, the best part? I can't say a fucking thing. See, I'm a temp. And she's the second-in-command of the group. And basically everybody I work with here in BibleBeltVille is pretty Christian and doesn't see why it's a big deal for someone to discuss their beliefs with a coworker "in a respectful and polite conversation." So it would just look like I was kicking up dust over nothing. And if I went to HR, the worst she'd get is a reprimand which would instantly trace back to me and then they'd just decide to cancel my contract "for no reason." Like, even if I complained and got fired and got a lawyer and sued...it wouldn't matter, I'm a temp, they can literally decide at any moment they no longer want my services and poof I'm gone.

I've been stewing about this all week. It makes me genuinely sick to my stomach and I have lost everything even remotely resembling respect for this person and it really took every ounce of energy I had not to get myself fired between all the snarky, smart-assed, and outright offensive things I wanted to say to her.

I just....blargh. Thanks for letting me complain, folks.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I definitely have a crush on Jensen Ackles

and so does @Sheri‌

Sam sucks tho

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Okay, so, this has been bugging me all week and I just really really need a place to vent my continued frustration at this....incident.

Spoilered because it might be a little triggering? And also because I'm just straight cis white boy and don't want to overly shit up the thread, relevant or not.
    So at my job I work on one of maybe five teams, all under the same manager. Our group also has a pseudo-second-in-command who loosely fills the role of project manager, so we'll call her PM. PM is more or less in charge whenever manager isn't on-site.

So earlier this week two of my coworkers (who are both women) were joking about getting married (they recently both spent the night on-site due to potential bad weather and have been joking about these things ever since). One of them commented that they can't get married because it's illegal, so I "helpfully" pointed out it's presently legal (supreme court case, etc). Well, PM happened to be walking by, and decided this would be a good time to interject her...opinions...on things.

See, PM is a Jehovah's Witness. And PM is apparently a very good little JW and absolutely loves speaking her mind about these things. So what started out as friendly light banter between coworkers suddenly turned into a fairly overly religious person basically preaching against "the gay" openly and unabashedly in the middle of the workplace. At one point my more moderate coworker tried to engage her by asking if she had a child (she has a son) was gay wouldn't she still want him to be happy? And she said, "No. I'd want him to be alone." which just kinda pretty much hit my berserk button. I was already just sort of staring at my computer trying not to flip, at that point I just completely zoned out and put the whole thing on ignore for the sake of my sanity. She was probably over here preaching for a little over half an hour or so.

Oh yeah, the best part? I can't say a fucking thing. See, I'm a temp. And she's the second-in-command of the group. And basically everybody I work with here in BibleBeltVille is pretty Christian and doesn't see why it's a big deal for someone to discuss their beliefs with a coworker "in a respectful and polite conversation." So it would just look like I was kicking up dust over nothing. And if I went to HR, the worst she'd get is a reprimand which would instantly trace back to me and then they'd just decide to cancel my contract "for no reason." Like, even if I complained and got fired and got a lawyer and sued...it wouldn't matter, I'm a temp, they can literally decide at any moment they no longer want my services and poof I'm gone.

I've been stewing about this all week. It makes me genuinely sick to my stomach and I have lost everything even remotely resembling respect for this person and it really took every ounce of energy I had not to get myself fired between all the snarky, smart-assed, and outright offensive things I wanted to say to her.

We don't have a bro button anymore but yeah. I guess almost 12 years ago (oh my god I'm old as balls) when I was a supervisor for a data entry company I had a conversation with one of my employees about how being gay isn't like, the worst thing ever. It wasn't in any way graphic or anything - I don't even remember what we talked about honestly other than gay people: not so bad - but I got called into the office because he had mentioned it offhandedly to one of his coworkers. And this coworker got SO STRESSED and pissed off because her supervisor said something positive about gay people and she heard it secondhand that she went and complained to my supervisor, and my supervisor was like ... I don't really know what I'm supposed to do here, but I guess it would probably just be a good idea for you to never, ever mention anything about sexual orientation again?

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Best fictional man-crush is clearly Varric

Or maybe Balthier

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    balthier is a fucking fox

basch is hot as fuck as well

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

:bro:

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular

Yeah shenanigans like that are awful. Namely, being in a position where there ARE rules and laws in place to protect against discrimination based on orientation or gender identity... but they don't get used or applied because stupid office politics. Then again it sounds like this place wouldn't have such protections! I am curious to know how the other women reacted. I mean if they argued with the PM then yay for people standing up to such bullies.

And yeah, we need the Bro? button for shit like this.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Yeah shenanigans like that are awful. Namely, being in a position where there ARE rules and laws in place to protect against discrimination based on orientation or gender identity... but they don't get used or applied because stupid office politics. Then again it sounds like this place wouldn't have such protections! I am curious to know how the other women reacted. I mean if they argued with the PM then yay for people standing up to such bullies.

Well two didn't really say anything because they weren't sitting as close to where she was as me and the one coworker, so they weren't really involved. I very quickly shutdown and buried myself in my work, and the 4th person more or less engaged and tried to be a voice of....moderate religious conservatism. PM just wasn't having it, choosing instead to fly further off the deep end at every opportunity.

She eventually got off on a much less controversial tangent: how Christmas has nothing to do with Christ anymore and is a purely secular/pagan holiday that worships a fictional character (dot-dot-FUCKING-DOT)

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Well two didn't really say anything because they weren't sitting as close to where she was as me and the one coworker, so they weren't really involved. I very quickly shutdown and buried myself in my work, and the 4th person more or less engaged and tried to be a voice of....moderate religious conservatism. PM just wasn't having it, choosing instead to fly further off the deep end at every opportunity.

She eventually got off on a much less controversial tangent: how Christmas has nothing to do with Christ anymore and is a purely secular/pagan holiday that worships a fictional character (dot-dot-FUCKING-DOT)

that lady sounds like a fun time at parties.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Man I've been there Tox, at the horrible place I worked at a few years ago, where the boss's husband liked to harass me. He said some pretty horrible stuff about trans people (oh and he was racist too) and I corrected him and said "No, I find nothing wrong with trans people at all, why would I?" etc but I was in the situation where I had to hold back what I thought and my anger about what he said because they could have fired me in a second. I was literally the only employee, and quite frankly after the harassment and seeing this guy punch a hole in the wall and throw tables around the place in a fit of rage, I was scared of him.

But I felt pretty bad about not saying more and challenging his shitty opinions, and allowing him to think he could get away with it.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Liiya, someone who relies on property damage to express his emotions isn't someone who's going to listen to anything he doesn't want to. And while it is perfectly valid for you to feel bad about not doing more by confronting him, it's also perfectly valid to be unnerved and concerned with his physical reactions.

I don't think there's anyone in this thread who would begrudge you your safety in this matter.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I guess knew I could never change his views but it made me so angry to hear everyday, and my cousin is a lesbian and when he'd spout all his anti-gay stuff it would make me think of her and how she has to put up with stuff like that all the time and arrrgh. Day after day it was hard to put up with.

It is awful that employees are put in that situation where they are trapped with such toxic views.

This discussion has been closed.