As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

King Joffy's all-new Game of Thrones thread.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I thought the Sand Snakes titties in jail was pretty much a useless scene. I get it, T&A quota. OMG UR GONNE DIE JK LOOK AT MY TITS AND HERES THE ANTIDOTE

nice body, but that doesnt count for much

Sam being told to go south by Aemon is interesting.

Everyone turning on Sam the second Jon leaves is wtf lol i guess? Maybe? Why arent heads rolling for an attempted rape? Are we suppose to believe without Jon and Stannis no one at the wall gives a fuck?

Im nitpicking now.

Stannis needs more scenes.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Im afraid Stannis is going to give in to Melisandre regarding his daughter :(

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    plenty of t&a but nowhere near enough c&a imo

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Better episode at least, still a slog though. Wish we could move past this sparrow nonsense, i still dont buy any of their presumed power that they suddenly have. None of it is earned. But hey, Natalie Dormer, always beautiful, even in prison. I should really watch The Tudors sometime.

This strange now parallel to the books is going ok... i guess, it actually is making me dislike the past 2 books more.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I thought this was a pretty great episode

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I thought the Sand Snakes titties in jail was pretty much a useless scene. I get it, T&A quota. OMG UR GONNE DIE JK LOOK AT MY TITS AND HERES THE ANTIDOTE

but they were like

real good titties tho

• Options

i agree

props to the actress for being gorgeous

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    Better episode at least, still a slog though. Wish we could move past this sparrow nonsense, i still dont buy any of their presumed power that they suddenly have. None of it is earned. But hey, Natalie Dormer, always beautiful, even in prison. I should really watch The Tudors sometime.

This strange now parallel to the books is going ok... i guess, it actually is making me dislike the past 2 books more.

The episodes of the Tutors she's in are my favorite.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Latest Ep
    Always fun watching the recap.
    Oh! That's who Sansa reminds me of. Amy Pond! Blergh. This Sansa Theon conversation could be pretty good.
    When did the old guy start dying? I don't remember. Aww, he's dead. Gonna need a new Maester...
    Bastard this bastard that bastard bastard barstard. Good to know Theon isn't going to change that easily.
    Does anyone wear anything other than black in the north? I could have sworn that they had more colour in the earlier seasons. While Stannis is kinda crazy he's right. You win or you die. These fire-lady visions sound very easy to subvert.
    Ok, I don't think that having sex with an injured person is the best idea. Also, kinda dumb, but I can see what the show runners were going for.
    Haha! Nice bullshitting from the slave trader. I don't know why Tyrion thinks it a good idea to stick with Jorah. Hah, nice The Gladiator reference.
    Sexposition.
    "A man of the people is dumb" Isn't that what House Tyrell's tactic is?
    14 years old and Tommen is already taller than his mum.
    Bronn has a lovely singing voice. And, uh, what was the point of that? Like. Yay boobs I guess?
    These are very violent fights. Not even Rome was so violent. Jorah is pretty cool with all his nonlethal takedowns.
    And Cersei finally has to lie in the bed she's made.
    Good episode, better than last weeks. And as much as I dislike Sansa's character, it is nice that we finally, finally get to see her do something proactive. I'm not sure that she has done anything proactive in the entire series up to this point.

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Its pretty clear that Jaime is generally useless at managing Lannister women.

ameybes on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Latest Ep
    When did the old guy start dying? I don't remember. Aww, he's dead. Gonna need a new Maester.
    Ok, I don't think that having sex with an injured person is the best idea. Also, kinda dumb, but I can see what the show runners were going for.
    It the last couple of times he appeared this season he's been frailer, and I think in the previous scene of his in the library he even called himself sick and dying or something.

"Am I hurting you?"
    "No, my injuries are."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Latest Ep
    When did the old guy start dying? I don't remember. Aww, he's dead. Gonna need a new Maester.
    It the last couple of times he appeared this season he's been frailer, and I think in the previous scene of his in the library he even called himself sick and dying or something.

"Am I hurting you?"
    "No, my injuries are."
    He's always looked so frail to me, I think I felt slightly relieved to see him go for the actor's wellbeing if nothing else. Got to an old age, died of natural causes rather than a beheading, peeling, or burning alive. I'd call that as much a victory as anyone can hope for.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

Sam being told to go south by Aemon is interesting.

Everyone turning on Sam the second Jon leaves is wtf lol i guess? Maybe? Why arent heads rolling for an attempted rape? Are we suppose to believe without Jon and Stannis no one at the wall gives a fuck?

Im nitpicking now.

Stannis needs more scenes.

Pretty much, yeah. Remember that the current Night's Watch is pretty much made up of criminals who chose it over execution and a few bastards/unwanted sons of nobility. And Sam is pretty much the only one of the latter still at Castle Black.

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Latest Ep

"Am I hurting you?"
    "No, my injuries are."
    He's always looked so frail to me, I think I felt slightly relieved to see him go for the actor's wellbeing if nothing else. Got to an old age, died of natural causes rather than a beheading, peeling, or burning alive. I'd call that as much a victory as anyone can hope for.

I'm really glad that they kept the
    "Egg, I dreamed I was old."
    bit.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I'm happy they
    skipped the whole bullshit Tyrion & Jorah get bought and sold and bought and sold and terrible things keep happening and blah blah blah and instead just went right to meeting Dany. That whole segment was such a slog in the books

• Options
    I'm happy they
    skipped the whole bullshit Tyrion & Jorah get bought and sold and bought and sold and terrible things keep happening and blah blah blah and instead just went right to meeting Dany. That whole segment was such a slog in the books

I've not read the books, but as that's the way those kinds of story lines tend to go, I too am glad they didn't do that.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that particular plot line is actually ahead of the books now. Some other major events around that plot haven't happened yet, so it will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    it's interesting that in general people who accepted slow and slogging storylines and developments from the women characters very vocally despised it when it happened to tyrion and jorah

That may be unfair but it's really pissing me off to see people in one breath say that Sansa's character growth going painfully slow is good, but in the next breath praising Tyrion+Jorah literally rocketing through character developments

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    it's interesting that in general people who accepted slow and slogging storylines and developments from the women characters very vocally despised it when it happened to tyrion and jorah

That may be unfair but it's really pissing me off to see people in one breath say that Sansa's storyline going slow is good, but in the next breath praising Tyrion+Jorah literally rocketing through character developments

I'm aware that I've pretty much done exactly that across the two GoT threads, and honestly couldn't tell you why.

forumsig.png
  • Options

That may be unfair but it's really pissing me off to see people in one breath say that Sansa's storyline going slow is good, but in the next breath praising Tyrion+Jorah literally rocketing through character developments
    They've taken WAY too long to move Sansa along, and on top of that every time they do, they knock her back down again. It's bullshit of the highest order and its genuinely tainting the entire series.

• Options

Sansa's plot went pretty dang quick earlier in the season. And there's going to be a resolution at some point, because I can't imagine they have Brienne sitting out there for no reason.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    nuka wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »

The episodes of the Tutors she's in are my favorite.

She looks super badass in Mockingjay.

normal_HGE-Content-MockingjayPart1-Cressida.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

Sansa's plot went pretty dang quick earlier in the season. And there's going to be a resolution at some point, because I can't imagine they have Brienne sitting out there for no reason.
    the plot in terms of where she is has gone quickly, and is ahead of where she is at the end of aDwD

But who she is as a character has barely reached the beginning of aFfC

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This latest episode
    Once again, anytime the story focuses on the Sparrows my blood begins to boil.

I don't understand why the king can do nothing here. Is he afraid of the religious killing/harming the hostages they have? Is that it?

Someone give me a reason.

Because I'd be Stalin at this point.
    I totally would have been Stalin from the start. But now I can at least understand why Tommen would be hesitant. It annoys me far less that Tommen is being a wimp about it than it did when Margery was being an idiot. I think because Tommen actually is a wimp and Margery is not an idiot.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    The thought occurs
    What happens when Tyrion tells Daenerys how he and Jorah came to be in the pits in the first place? I can't imagine she's going to be too pleased when she finds out the 'free' pits are filled with fighters bought from slavers.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Surprised but also enjoyable that Cersei
    never considered how this whole "get the sinner!" plan might backfire on her.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    The Geek wrote: »
    Surprised but also enjoyable that Cersei
    never considered how this whole "get the sinner!" plan might backfire on her.
    further evidence that you should never hang around a bunch of zealots without at least 20 well armed guards

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i can't remember if they said it in the show or if it was someone in this thread or something but

cersei isn't nearly as smart or clever as she thinks she is

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    The thought occurs
    What happens when Tyrion tells Daenerys how he and Jorah came to be in the pits in the first place? I can't imagine she's going to be too pleased when she finds out the 'free' pits are filled with fighters bought from slavers.

Pretty sure they could argue that they're not technically slaves as they made a point of showing the guy tossing both Jorah and Tyrion a few coins.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    i can't remember if they said it in the show or if it was someone in this thread or something but

cersei isn't nearly as smart or clever as she thinks she is

tywin told her to her face in season 3 or 4

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I didn't see anyone mention it but a casting call for next season hinted at a major character from the books making an appearance
    There's a character description for a "major part of the season" that is blatantly for Euron Greyjoy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    It makes sense to split up the post book 3 factions into two seasons

this one already has too many plot threads

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    so a long time ago i opened a spoiler and the only thing i remember from it are the words
    magma hands

is that a thing

when does that thing happen

i've just had those words in my head and wondering when the hell that's gonna come into play

or am i making it up

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    is that... the opposite of
    Cold Hands???

EvilCake on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Are you sure it wasn't Coldhands?

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Speaking of major characters from the books, is there any chance that the large dude who
    cut Tyrion's chain the the latest episode could be Strong Belwas??

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Speaking of major characters from the books, is there any chance that the large dude who
    cut Tyrion's chain the the latest episode could be Strong Belwas??

I'm not really sure why they would bring him in now, but I guess it's possible. I didn't get a good look at him though to check for identifying marks.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    RE: Swordfights' spoiler, which Swordfights...actually shouldn't click on
    It was probably about Victarion

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    that... might have been it

that's less exciting though

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    If they actually do it, it should be pretty fucking rad

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
This discussion has been closed.