Options

King Joffy's all-new Game of Thrones thread.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Hahaha, great scene in Episode 7:
    Total fakeout on Bronn dying from poisoned weaponry!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul
    sighs with relief.

Registered User regular
    sighs with relief.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Cerseis face at the realization...

Shit really moved forward this ep

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This episode
    Fuck this episode. Fuck Alliser, fuck Ramsay, fuck Theon/Reek, fuck the Nights Watch, fuck them insinuating more rape bullshit, fuck them having Sam break his vows, fuck crazy Cersei, fuck this Bronn scene that almost killed him and for some reason had nudity in it, I'm not against nudity but that was ridiculous.

The only thing that I liked from this episode was finally seeing Cersei get jailed, but they have already kind of buried that lede a bit.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    /me sighs with relief.

Wait what the fuck is this. How did you do this? Are you a witch?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I liked this episode! I don't really care about
    The night's watch vows. Everyone else breaks em, now Sam does to. Reek/Ramsay are fucking awful as usual, I was hoping Breannie was going to show up and save Sansa. Horrary Bronn not being dead! Holy shit Jorah and Tryion meeting Dany?!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I liked it. All the awful stuff Goose mentioned I agree was awful,
    and Reek continues to be the most depressing thing. But I like Bronn living, Cersei getting comeuppance, and them embracing that the books will never end and just having Tyrion and Dany meet and become BFFs already <3

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I just thought of more things that bother me
    By the end of the episode the only strong female character that doesn't get knocked down is Dany, and she's had her own fuck ups and losses this season. They're basically destroying all the work the book and the series up to this point has done of the strong female characters. Olenna is toothless, Margaery is maybe not completely hopeless but certainly faithless, Cersei gets tossed in a cell and disgraced. Worst of all, poor Sansa, who as Bale has mentioned previously was this wonderful character arc of the girl who gets beaten down and loses so much only to rise above it and begin to play the game herself, loses even more if that were possible as her Northern friend is flayed and killed and paraded in front of her. Brienne is there for the fleetingest of moments but sees nothing so does nothing, so even she is powerless. Its all shit. And this season is turning to shit. The really better fix Sansa.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    This episode
    Fuck this episode. Fuck Alliser, fuck Ramsay, fuck Theon/Reek, fuck the Nights Watch, fuck them insinuating more rape bullshit, fuck them having Sam break his vows, fuck crazy Cersei, fuck this Bronn scene that almost killed him and for some reason had nudity in it, I'm not against nudity but that was ridiculous.

The only thing that I liked from this episode was finally seeing Cersei get jailed, but they have already kind of buried that lede a bit.

I dunno, for once I thought the nudity was actually used well, this time.
    She wanted to flaunt her power over him, and did it both by captivating him with her body and lording the antidote to the poison over him. She stripped for him to get his heart rate up to spread the poison faster, since she seemed awfully disappointed it wasn't having any noticeable effect yet. Execution/presentation may not have been perfect, but I thought that was at least finally a strengthening use of nudity again.

I do agree with a lot of other complaints, though, especially how thoroughly they're taking power away from basically every female character.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    S5E7
    The fact that they left Sansa in such a weak place is a HUGE bummer compared to what, I think, was an otherwise fuckin' stellar episode that did away with a lot of will-they/won't-they bullshit from the books

It also set up a Qyborg finale, which I am all about

But good fucking lord there better be a justifying payoff for this shit with Sansa

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This latest episode
    Once again, anytime the story focuses on the Sparrows my blood begins to boil.

I don't understand why the king can do nothing here. Is he afraid of the religious killing/harming the hostages they have? Is that it?

Someone give me a reason.

Because I'd be Stalin at this point.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Well, Cersei pretty much said as much to Tommen.
    "You know exactly who will be the first casualties of that war" or something along those lines, telling him that yes if he started a fight they would execute both Tyrells. After seeing how they were conducting themselves, it was beyond foolhardy to not have recalled at least some (more?) of the army and certainly never gone to say, the pre trial without a strong presence to guarantee safety.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Ranlin wrote: »
    "You know exactly who will be the first casualties of that war" or something along those lines, telling him that yes if he started a fight they would execute both Tyrells. After seeing how they were conducting themselves, it was beyond foolhardy to not have recalled at least some (more?) of the army and certainly never gone to say, the pre trial without a strong presence to guarantee safety.
    In this instance

Wouldn't the lower-class be torn as they sort of really like Margery though right?

I'm also seeing the harsh consequences of Olenna Tyrell cutting off food shipments to the capital.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This latest episode
    Once again, anytime the story focuses on the Sparrows my blood begins to boil.

I don't understand why the king can do nothing here. Is he afraid of the religious killing/harming the hostages they have? Is that it?

Someone give me a reason.

Because I'd be Stalin at this point.
    For one thing, he doesn't have a lot of soldiers in Kings Landing right now. Hence, "I'll call the army back!" And his mother is able to convince him that storming Baelor's Sept would end with a pair of dead Tyrells.

But of course that backfires on her, because now she's in the same position and she just convinced him not to go all scorched earth on the Sparrows.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »
    In this instance

Wouldn't the lower-class be torn as they sort of really like Margery though right?

I'm also seeing the harsh consequences of Olenna Tyrell cutting off food shipments to the capital.
    It only takes a handful of people watching over the prisoners to ensure their execution if things go poorly, so the opinions of the poor / most of the sparrows doesn't really matter as far as their safety is concerned.

I mean, not that there's a guarantee that they would be killed, just that from the opposing side there is no way to be sure the faith won't do it. Or even just a rogue zealot.

edit edit edit: stupid quotes

Ranlin on
  • Options
    man I kept mucking that up super hard

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Kill'em all, Tommen.

• Options
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Kill'em all, Tommen.

http://youtu.be/3PNWxA0vZY0

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    honestly I think that is my favorite role of his

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    honestly I think that is my favorite role of his

Matthew McConaughey was pretty great in that movie, yes

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    zKHB89B.jpg

I have no idea where that's from

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    zKHB89B.jpg

I have no idea where that's from

Looks like the game of thrones musical.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    s5e7
    what was it that sansa grabbed, a dagger or something? if next episode doesn't start with sansa shanking fools to escape i don't even

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Next ep preview spoilers (since I know a lot of you don't watch em)
    Sansa was shown threatening to do terrible things to theon.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    s5e7
    what was it that sansa grabbed, a dagger or something? if next episode doesn't start with sansa shanking fools to escape i don't even
    Looked like a wine corkscrew for barrels.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    s5e7
    Looked like a wine corkscrew for barrels.
    Which is good, because now she can yell 'SCREW YOU!' right before she buries it in Ramsay's neck

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    thoughtz
    I am glad to see cersei finally get her comeuppance, but like, margaery and loras are also still being held, so the gay persecution plotline is continuing. I was really hoping it'd somehow be like in the books, where margaery immediately gets out because the high sparrow sees through the reason for her detainment, and basically sets a trap for cersei. I was really hoping that's what they were going to do in the show. but nope!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    thoughtz
    I am glad to see cersei finally get her comeuppance, but like, margaery and loras are also still being held, so the gay persecution plotline is continuing. I was really hoping it'd somehow be like in the books, where margaery immediately gets out because the high sparrow sees through the reason for her detainment, and basically sets a trap for cersei. I was really hoping that's what they were going to do in the show. but nope!
    I can see Tommen making an impassioned plea in the next episode and loras/margaery getting pardoned or a light sentence while cersei slips up and gets forced to go through the events of the book.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    thoughtz
    Yeah, Cersei finally getting imprisoned just isn't as satisfying as the books, because instead of very clearly being taken down by her own scheming, it's more like she's become just another casualty against the Greatest Threat So Far. In the show the Sparrows have been shown to be a force that can outsmart and overpower the people established to be the smartest and most capable (Littlefinger, Olenna), so Cersei getting caught by them just doesn't carry the same ironic weight as in the books.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I want a whole album of Bronn singing the various GoT drinking songs and folk ballads

• Options
    Oh my god it just hit me that I've been adding a T to Ser Alliser Thorne's name the entire time.

I have read every single book and not realized that my brain was doing this.

Please. Send help.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Oh my god it just hit me that I've been adding a T to Ser Alliser Thorne's name the entire time.

Please. Send help.

Storry, rhylith, there'st nothing we can do.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    fantasy names trip us all up eventually

I'm looking at you, cat-lin and lie-sah tully

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Please. Send help.

what are you talking about rthylith

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Rude

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Rtude

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tRUde

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I'm watching this week's ep right now and fucking agreed

He's such a one dimensional prick

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I want a whole album of Bronn singing the various GoT drinking songs and folk ballads

Last episode: "but the last line's the best part!"

This episode: finishes the song

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.