As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive. Give me your PSN names, please

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    May have been posted already but this Jim Stering video is pretty good (intense monster spoilers in here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb4n4jwTDUM

Pfft, I compared the Souls games to Survival Horror back when all we had was Demon's Souls.

But it's true, for a game to be truly terrifying you have to make the enemies either unstoppable or damn-near-unstoppable. The less you feel like you stand a chance, the more tense the experience.

Which is why there is exactly one scary enemy in Resident Evil Revelations 2 (because it's invisible and can one-shot you).

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man, Koonami should just give From Software 'Silent Hill' license .

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    So uhhh do I need to fight Darkbeast Paarl? He is really kicking my ass.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Father G went down like a chump now that I can do Visceral Attacks. Then I wandered into the cathedral ward, picked up an item, then found myself floating in midair as something invisible ate me??

Down in Old Yarnham now. Is it worth it? Y/N

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    No, but if you did things correctly to get the best gesture then you really have too.

He isn't hard, just get under him and beat his....spine. The biggest problem, for me, was the limited range on my main weapon. But that was solved by using the

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    OH LORD I JUST FIGURED OUT PARRIES IN THIS GAME

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    OH LORD I JUST FIGURED OUT PARRIES IN THIS GAME

Shooting someone in the face to parry is among humanity's greatest achievements, imo.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Hmm I'm not following any guides so I probably haven't done anything "correctly".

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I wish I could like the parry system

It just don't flow as natural for me as Demon's Souls or Dark Souls

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I could never parry anything in dark souls 2. Barely ever in Dark Souls 1. But I can usually stagger things once I've figured out which attacks are actually parriable in Bloodborne.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Is every single enemy in the game capable of being parried? Or are some immune to it?

• Options
    Some are immune.

• Options
    And some enemies have attacks that are one long parry window for their entire animation.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Random gem info
    HP Continues X gives you X in health every 5 seconds, it doesn't make the regain mechanic last longer, like I initially thought.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    It's a really low amount of health too

It's a bad gem

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Do npcs respond to you differently based on your outfit?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Not that I've noticed.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    May have been posted already but this Jim Stering video is pretty good (intense monster spoilers in here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb4n4jwTDUM

Pfft, I compared the Souls games to Survival Horror back when all we had was Demon's Souls.

But it's true, for a game to be truly terrifying you have to make the enemies either unstoppable or damn-near-unstoppable. The less you feel like you stand a chance, the more tense the experience.

Which is why there is exactly one scary enemy in Resident Evil Revelations 2 (because it's invisible and can one-shot you).

Speaking of Resident Evil, good survival horror about zombies seems hard in games. A lot of the tension and scariness of zombies as an enemy in films comes from the idea that if you get so much as scratched, you'll lose your mind and turn into a zombie yourself. But I can't think of any games that make zombies that threatening in the actual gameplay, the player characters are always immune to the zombie disease for convenience's sake. That takes away a lot of the tension of the monster archetype. I think the most effective zombie-based horror games play up the "you might turn into one of these monsters yourself" angle, even when it's an empty threat.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

Only 1 that I've seen or heard of.
    Crying woman in bagtown will actually talk to you if you're in a set of armor that would store in the 'Church Armor' section of your storage. Gascoigne, Black or White chuch set

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Not that I've noticed.

I've heard of one I think
    someone somewhere won't talk to you or is hostile or something unless you're wearing church-affiliated clothes: Father G's set or the white or black church robes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ooh right, I forgot about that

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    there's a few but not many. Also i beat this game, and was checking the wiki's theories and i think they misunderstand a lot of things.

Or i do.

But, probably them.

• Options
    The wiki is inevitably really off for weeks

Or always, depending on the article.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    if you wear some armor set the minigun guy isn't hostile and you can chat him up

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Here's my take.

You came to town to find a cure. Alas, now you have to hunt beasts. OH shit, what is that? WHat am I looking at? How do I fight this? OH wow, how is the possible? I can barely comprehend what I'm looking at?

• Options
    yeah, but the idea that
    it was all a dream. Come on, the game even calls out "you might think it's all a dream" so clearly that isn't the case. The only places that are dreams are pretty clearly spelled out as such.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    yeah, but the idea that
    it was all a dream. Come on, the game even calls out "you might think it's all a dream" so clearly that isn't the case. The only places that are dreams are pretty clearly spelled out as such.
    Yeah, that one ending throws everyone else and I honestly don't care for it. But since it's a multi ending game, I'll just go with the one I like the most.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I cant even touch rom

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    hit his side, ignore little spiders

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The little guys are what are killing me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    guys! i need help!
    what item does the gatling gunner in old yarnham drop? i knocked him off the tower and the item dropped some dumb place just out of reach

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Melding wrote: »
    yeah, but the idea that
    Yeah, that one ending throws everyone else and I honestly don't care for it. But since it's a multi ending game, I'll just go with the one I like the most.

Which one?
    The Accept ending?

I read it as he's releasing you from being a hunter. cutting you off from the dream so now you can die. Otherwise you get trapped there and presumably only come out when the hunt is going on, and it seems reality gets weak as shit.

• Options
    bsjezz wrote: »
    guys! i need help!
    what item does the gatling gunner in old yarnham drop? i knocked him off the tower and the item dropped some dumb place just out of reach

quit the game and then reloads, it will be at where he spawns so you can go get it.

• Options
    do i have to quit because i also just died

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i just got to blood starved beast and i had it down to maybe 1/4 of its health and i got combod the fuck out

bosses in this game are super hard and the trek back to bsb from the last lamp i have is super annoying, even with the shortcuts open

also fuck that gatling gun guy!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    no

• Options
    got it. ta.

btw i'm playing this game. it's very good.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    i just got to blood starved beast and i had it down to maybe 1/4 of its health and i got combod the fuck out

bosses in this game are super hard and the trek back to bsb from the last lamp i have is super annoying, even with the shortcuts open

also fuck that gatling gun guy!

Iunno, with the second short cut there it only takes like a minute to get back. If you have it I might suggest the flamesprayer, it stuns the shit out of the bsb.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I think I used an upgraded hunters torch and it worked pretty well as far as stunning them and killing them. No advice for actually avoiding the magic donut ring though. Other then try and line of sight them when you can. Spoilers for Mergo's loft
    What in the fuck was that giant brain thing? It looked pitiful and helpless. I actually felt a twinge of guilt as I gouged its face open with a pair of daggers. The heartbeat, the way the eyes followed you, and the obvious helplessness got to me. Also Yharnam standing in the moonlight looking up and crying was very spooky and we'll done.
    Try putting on your tin foil hat and make a contact

• Options
    Oh, is there a Moonlight sword in this game?

Cause...there has to be one. There's always a Moonlight sword. It's a given.

This discussion has been closed.