As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pals Podcast: PAX WEST Pin Discussions and MORE!

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Thanks to those references I feel extremely old...

Hey, laser lips, your mama was a snow blower!

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I know its about a week old now but i havent had enough time to sit and listen to the latest ep. Wanted to say I really enjoyed the interview with ThePintrader, personally have a new perspective on the whole thing and am happier about it. I think the anger we were feeling was mostly a knee-jerk reaction.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Episode 4 being 2.5 hours long kept me from listening, but I've caught up on that, so good work guys (I've been mentioned in 2 episodes now, so yay for that!)

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Episode 4 being 2.5 hours long kept me from listening, but I've caught up on that, so good work guys (I've been mentioned in 2 episodes now, so yay for that!)

Yeah...

Every episode we start with "Not much to talk about, should be a short one" and then we ramble our way to the three hour mark.

We are recording a new one this evening.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Yeah...

Every episode we start with "Not much to talk about, should be a short one" and then we ramble our way to the three hour mark.

We are recording a new one this evening.

Believe me, I'm notorious for that type of thing all the time. And good to hear about the new episode, now that we have a little more news to work with... and I'm still available to do podcasts if you guys need a filler :wink:

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    Ep. 6 is now live. Anyone interested in being on a future episode should give it a listen.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is the winner of the pin announced in this one?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Great ep as always guys, always fun to hear your thoughts. Thanks for the shout out Manic2k! When i heard you say Ayefkay i stopped to think 'wha...who's that? oh sh.. thats me!' Hope to meet you at 'Aus :D

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Is the winner of the pin announced in this one?

Did you enter? I didn't receive an entry from you :(. Let me know.

The email address is pinnypalscontest@gmail.com

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Umm omg yes.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    fishfishmonkeyhat 15/05/2014
    D&D Pin
    Sent: Thursday, 15 May 2014 12:20:15 PM
    To: pinnypalscontest@gmail.com (pinnypalscontest@gmail.com)
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/fishfishmonkeyhat

D:

EDIT: Sent a new one.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Don't make me fight you for that pin @fishfishmonkeyhat ! :P

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Per the discussion on enforcers and collecting pins. I know several enforcers are avid collectors and find time during PAX for collecting, including a small handful including myself that have gathered complete sets. It certainly doesn't leave much time to enjoy the regular attendee bits of PAX but then enforcer life entails a very different PAX experience anyway. Still enjoyable, just very different.

And just to make sure anyone considering enforcing understands. Enforcing does not grant you any special privilege or ability to gain pins beyond the regular attendee (Wheaton's Law applies to us as well). We still wait in lines when we want our pins. While you may see the staff during setup they won't bother carrying their pins around until the doors open. But being an enforcer does come with some built in meet ups during which trades can happen and another built in community that can help you find things your looking for.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    And of course there's the Enforcer sex dungeon.

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    Per the discussion on enforcers and collecting pins. I know several enforcers are avid collectors and find time during PAX for collecting, including a small handful including myself that have gathered complete sets. It certainly doesn't leave much time to enjoy the regular attendee bits of PAX but then enforcer life entails a very different PAX experience anyway. Still enjoyable, just very different.

Pinny Arcade has actually been a reason I'm seeing more of PAX than I otherwise would - believe it or not. I would usually spend 90-95% of my time at the Infobooth, where as now it's probably around 75-80%. I went to my first Acquisitions Inc. session in person to get the D&D Pin at this past East, and I've been to the Expo Hall more than I would normally - I even played games!

Collecting Pins has just become another game to me, one I'm always playing. It has by far enriched the PAX experience for me more than any other addition to the show in the past few years. My favorite thing about Pin collecting is that it brings together fans of all kinds of video game genres together but also incorporates more than just video games. It ties a lot of the PAX experience together, which is why I really hope someday the PAX XP reward is a Pinny Arcade Pin.

• Options
    I would love to see PAX XP and Pinny Arcade together. I've said before that the Pins can often be a way to direct people to hidden gems at the show.

• Options
    I volunteer myself for the PAX Prime Live-cast of awesomeness

Though i will be slightly sad I'll miss the game show one :neutral_face:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    can often be a way to direct people to hidden gems at the show.
    Enforcer sex dungeon.

pcr5wG9.gif

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    I would love to see PAX XP and Pinny Arcade together. I've said before that the Pins can often be a way to direct people to hidden gems at the show.

what is.........PAX XP.......?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »

what is.........PAX XP.......?

PAX XP is built into the Guidebook app. Basically you grab QR codes around the convention center to create an image/phrase usually, and if you show the front desk the finished piece you'll get a prize (keychains and rubix cubes the only things I know of them doing). QR codes are generally on the signs around the convention center, such as the Tabletop Freeplay/Console Freeplay/etc.

• Options
    oh god........i should not have asked.....this is going to lead me down the 'gamification' rabbit hole im SURELY never to come out of

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Personally I hope they don't have a PAX XP pin, because I hate doing it... but somehow loved the Microsoft Promo last year.

I guess if they make enough pins I'll be cool with it, they always seem to run out of the prizes early.

• Options
    My only concern for these types of things is that it becomes a huge time sink. I go to PAX for PAX, not to have half my time running around looking for clues or whatever. If it doesn't detract from my PAX experience then i am all for it.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    My only concern for these types of things is that it becomes a huge time sink. I go to PAX for PAX, not to have half my time running around looking for clues or whatever. If it doesn't detract from my PAX experience then i am all for it.

They had it at Aus last year as well - I got 3/4 of the way through and found out the reward was a little rubiks cube like dealio that I didn't really want so I stopped. It was good fun figuring out all the locations and clues though. I managed to get it all done easily although if you want a reward you really need to do it on the first day as they ran out of prizes pretty fast.

• Options
    Since last Prime I was hunting Staff, I happened to find most of the XP without effort. If you have a varied PAX and don't spend all your time in one place you get plenty of them done.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    They had it at Aus last year as well - I got 3/4 of the way through and found out the reward was a little rubiks cube like dealio that I didn't really want so I stopped. It was good fun figuring out all the locations and clues though. I managed to get it all done easily although if you want a reward you really need to do it on the first day as they ran out of prizes pretty fast.

I believe that was the first time we had ever run out actually, and its a lesson learned. Australians absolutely love scavenger hunts i guess. We'll have tons of prizes in the future to try to make sure that doesn't happen.

I don't think its likely there will be a pin as a prize, they don't want it to be too valuable since we don't have a good way of keeping people from claiming multiple. We would have to figure a good way to do that before they put a prize as desirable as a pin on the line.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Kemper with ribs for South?

More like brisket, you heathens! Texas BBQ is all about the beef.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    :+:+:+: Contest Winner :+:+:+:

The randomly selected winner of the D&D Pin was: Tom in Kirkland WA!

Grats Tom, and enjoy the pin!

Didn't win? No worries! Stay tuned to next Podcast (Episode 7) for a new contest to win another pin!

Frostbyte on
  • Options
    Was I even in the running?!

:P

• Options
    Was I even in the running?!

:P

lol yes :)

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I should have gotten 2 entries, right?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    And remember we are looking for more people looking to win prizes for our Pinquizition episode.

• Options
    Alas it hits us Aussies on a Friday arvo our time so those of us with jobs aren't available for the recording QQ

• Options
    TomGuTomGu Registered User new member
    edited July 2014
    I've never posted in the forum before, but had to come to say thanks for the pin! Keep up the good work! :)

-Tom

TomGu on
  • Options
    Alas it hits us Aussies on a Friday arvo our time so those of us with jobs aren't available for the recording QQ
    I may have mispoken on the cast. We are planning on recording Friday or Saturday night Eastern Standard Time. Which is Saturday or Sunday afternoon in Australia (at least the part @manic2k lives in). So if unless you work weekends (like me) you should be fine.

• Options
    pureval wrote: »
    I may have mispoken on the cast. We are planning on recording Friday or Saturday night Eastern Standard Time. Which is Saturday or Sunday afternoon in Australia (at least the part @manic2k lives in). So if unless you work weekends (like me) you should be fine.

Ahh innnnteresting. Now to get a leave pass from the wife and the vermi...kids. :)

• Options
    Here is the next Podcast Contest Prize!

An autographed set of Profile Sketch Pins from SDCC.

Listen to Episode 7 of the Pinny Pals Podcast when it's posted, for details on how to enter and win :)

uqegk15gkiy1.jpg

• Options
    Whats that bit before what I assume is the TB on Tychos pin?

• Options
    Whats that bit before what I assume is the TB on Tychos pin?

(CW)TB - How he signs his blog posts.