As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Of Legends: River Kings, a Brackish Keel-Overhaul of Piracy and LCS in full swing

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i've let my dominion elo decay for about 6 months and i've still been in queue for 10 minutes

good night sweet prince

you sweet summer child

do u not think everyone else has been doing the same....

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Hey hey, safecracker evelynn.... now it's a pool party.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    holy shit zythonn still plays dom

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    haha what

the guy with the terrible singed builds?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    in a way, seeing him chugging along was the perfect metaphor for coming back to dominion

nothing changes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    My free champ was Lulu. I was hoping for Naut or Vlad, but I enjoyed my time spent with her on URF.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Every once in a while I get reminded by people that Dominion is a thing that exists.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Every once in a while I get reminded by people that Dominion is a thing that exists.

just barely tho amirite

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    AP EZ Runeglave Mid might just be a touch overtuned.

Just a touch.

As long as he's on my team.

If he's on the enemy team then it's fucking broken right now.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh, so Riot made another item that gives a hyperefficient amount of killing power because they can't be assed to just let junglers have income, and it turns out now people are running it in lane because efficient.

Seriously, you'd think they'd have realized by now they just have to let junglers have gold.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    But where is FUN in that?

I got Twitch. Shame i will never play him as i hate being adc.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Well, Runeglaive actually has to scale to be strong. It's not stupid on purchase.

It's also a terrible jungle item because like 3 junglers would want it.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    actually runegaiIve isn't that efficient. It just does two important things for EZ.

1) wave clear. Albeit minimal. This is enhanced by the ability to take AoE smite in non assassin matchups for some good Wave clear. This shored up EZs prime weakness (shoved in super easy)

2) it turns the damage of the triggering auto attack to magic which lets it stack advantageously with voidstaff. This turns the entire mystic shot base and scaling damage to magic. And so is particularly strong on EZ who has a good portion of his damage eaten up as physical.

3) it's cheap (but not necessarily efficient for its full cost including the smite item) which means you can acquire it and move on.

Basically if EZ couldn't make use of smite well in mid lane and didn't have concerns about his physical portion of q this item isn't an issue for him.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Oh, so Riot made another item that gives a hyperefficient amount of killing power because they can't be assed to just let junglers have income, and it turns out now people are running it in lane because efficient.

Seriously, you'd think they'd have realized by now they just have to let junglers have gold.

If you give junglers gold laners just take the jungle from them and get even more gold and levels.

You have to gate the gold gen behind inefficient items but also have to have the gold gen not be so much that a laner can't use it as a pseudo GP/10 by taking wraiths every minute. And because the gold gen can't be that much the item upgrades have to be efficient/cheap (especially since junglers need to have an early game presence or be kind of boring and just a "which champ farms faster" test).

Which is how we got to where we are. The problem is that balancing the strengths of the jungle items with the various jungle possibilities is hard and some champions (Ezreal) end up making particularly good use of them just because there are so many champions someone will (though it's always ezreal)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Gating more jungle power behind semi-consistent jungle farming is probably a decent idea. Give jungle items an inherent stacking mechanic that maxes out pretty quickly.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Ezreal builds a jungle item and goes mid lane in 2015?

League of Legends is just a great wheel

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Yeah, that does sound familiar.

• Options
    to be fair if it's just ap ez building runeglaive as opposed to all of top lane building cinderhulk i don't see it being that big of a deal

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I still don't understand why the took out Magus to add this in. Adding it is fine, but taking out Magus was a huge nerf to more junglers than Runeglave buffs. Why can't we have both?
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Well, Runeglaive actually has to scale to be strong. It's not stupid on purchase.

It's also a terrible jungle item because like 3 junglers would want it.

Those three: EZ, Diana, and Ekko?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My mystery champ was Zac

I got Rengar. Want to trade? :sad:

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Meteos benched, Hai starting in the jungle this weekend. We back boys.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    runeglaive is only useful on spammy ap jungle champs. which is like.. eve and no one else.

the fact that their turbogarbage jungle item broke a mid laner is hilarious.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Most importantly, runeglaive let's Mystic Shot proc Ludens.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That bit is going away next patch. Hopefully that lets them do stuff to make Runeglaive actually useful in more than just this one weird edge case.

• Options
    Is Garen Jungle even a thing?

I mean, I ended up being forced to do it to make our team comp work, and I made it work exceptionally fucking well after the horribly early clears but...

I don't think this is an actual thing.

• Options
    Most importantly, runeglaive let's Mystic Shot proc Ludens.

Yeah. That's what I was witnessing. It was just fucking stupid. I couldn't believe this was a thing that was live.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Is Garen Jungle even a thing?

I mean, I ended up being forced to do it to make our team comp work, and I made it work exceptionally fucking well after the horribly early clears but...

I don't think this is an actual thing.

No, I doubt it. His ganking is even worse than Shyvana, and unlike her he can't compensate by reducing the jungle to a scorched hellscape with clear speed.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    http://cloud9.gg/news/thank-you-meteos
    Meteos Stepping Down
    Cory Heimbecker July 3, 2015

Given the C9 League of Legends team’s performance this split and carefully evaluating the situation, Meteos has decided it would be best for the team to step down as our Jungler for Cloud9. We hope all our fans trust that this decision was his own and not made rashly. It was our aim to announce this on our own timeline but given the situation, we want to clear up any questions and concerns.

To be clear, Meteos is not leaving Cloud9. He will very much remain an important part of the team and will be working on another yet to be announced capacity. We also recognize that some of the language used so far mentioned an “emergency” update so we want to clarify that thankfully there is no health or family emergency. Meteos and the team very much appreciate the community’s concerns.

Will “Meteos” Hartman says “This was a difficult decision to make as clearly things on C9 have not been working out. I think stepping back for now and letting someone else jungle will help the team atmosphere and keep Cloud9 competitive in the LCS.”

“Meteos is a huge part of Cloud9 as well as one of the most talented players on our roster.” adds Jack Etienne, GM and Owner of Cloud9. “He is stepping down to be a sub for our LCS team but he will remain an active part of Cloud9.”

Coming out of retirement, Hai will be returning as shotcaller and jungler for this weekend’s LCS matches.

For more news and announcements from Cloud9, follow us on twitter at @cloud9gg and Facebook at http://facebook.com/cloud9gg.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    For some reason I suspect this change will not have great results.

I was never a huge fan of C9, but I'm sitting her shaking my head no thinking "not like this."

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    I dont think this will end well at all for C9. They'll have their shot calling back and I think its easier to concentrate on leading and making plays from the jungle. But I don't think hai is as good at jungling as Meteos ever was :/

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Do hai's wrists like... Even work anymore?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Too many potatoes in ranked today. Will try again tomorrow perhaps.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

This is a Double Weekend, basically.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

It's also Summer...

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »

It's also Summer...

Good point. Quadra weekend. Abandon all hope for ranked.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    That new thing where you can set Lux's E to just detonate on arrival. So good!

In related news, I need to stop forgetting I can play Lux. I just got a bunch of solo kills on an Azir, which normally doesn't really happen with me. Lux is great!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Detonating the E as it travels causes it to detonate when it gets to the target spot?

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    danx wrote: »
    Detonating the E as it travels causes it to detonate when it gets to the target spot?
    Yes, like the change they made to Gragas' barrel a while back. Great for people with high latency. Although those folks* should be playing clicker champs anyway.

JAEF on