As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Stop reminding of how far Sega has fallen :(

Speaking of, besides Phantasy Star Nova, Phantasy Star Online 2 is having it's PC translation ported to the Vita version.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Speaking of, besides Phantasy Star Nova, Phantasy Star Online 2 is having it's PC translation ported to the Vita version.

What did I just say...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

What did I just say...

Fans do what Sagadon't. (By the way, Valkyria Chronicles 3 is the best game in the series. You should play it. :D)

This shit being started ASAP shows that there's a constantly ignored by Sega fanbase in the west.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I finished Operation Abyss. Post-game can rot in hell, but the core story was good, and the gameplay was fun. I should finish the PC version sometime to see how they compare.

I'll miss the dub in Stranger of Sword City. Operation Abyss' was solid.

"Mao Goto, XPD Communication Division!" never got old.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I need to pick up Operation Abyss again. I don't think I'll do the post game though.

My biggest problem with the game is the lack of customization there is compared to more recent evolved titles. I absolutely love the dungeon layouts and I love how each individual piece of gear shows up on your characters with unique sprites (playing with classic avatars), but I think I've grown away from 'pure traditional Wizardry' battles. At some point, they just start lacking challenge until you hit the next hurdle.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Experience pretty much JUST do DCs, so they know a lot of ways to keep it fresh. Lot of unique mechanics I've never seen a DC use, and their dungeon designs are created just to mess with people who've gotten used to every kind of DC trap out there. Dark rooms with rotating tiles and electric walls? Sure, why not.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So I missed that Psycho-Pass came out. Did it turn out good?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

I know @Professor Snugglesworth is playing it. I was waiting for impressions and reviews before diving into a non-gameplay visual novel at $50.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

I know @Professor Snugglesworth is playing it. I was waiting for impressions and reviews before diving into a non-gameplay visual novel at $50.

Still early in, but the good news off the bat is that this is set squarely during Season 1 territory. Which means all the cool cast of the first, none of the bullshit of the second.

The art and music also top-notch, the latter using both songs from the original series plus some new stuff.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Because of that game being out, I decided to watch Psycho Pass for the first time recently.

................................ I just finished season one this morning. ............. I am very depressed now.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    There's a reason he's nicknamed Urobutcher.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Impressions have been average. Good if you're a fan of the show, but it's not as great as it should or could be.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/PsychoPass_Mandatory_Happiness/index.html

I always trust their reviews.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »
    Because of that game being out, I decided to watch Psycho Pass for the first time recently.

................................ I just finished season one this morning. ............. I am very depressed now.

There is no second season. There's only one season.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I like both seasons - and even the movie - but then I mostly like the constant game of "I know you CAN kill me whenever you decide to, and I know you WANT to, but I also know that you know that I'm more valuable alive" between Akane and the Sybil system.

The story in season two was 11 episodes of I'm Pretty Sure Science Doesn't Work Like That, I will confess.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Is it better to watch the first season of Psycho-Pass before playing the game, then?

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Is it better to watch the first season of Psycho-Pass before playing the game, then?

Yes. Season 2 smacks of wasted potential. I'd ignore it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    There's a reason he's nicknamed Urobutcher.

;_;

spoiler-
    And of course, my favorite Kagari had to be the first to go, and ... ;_; . And the world itself is super depressing too.

speaking of Kagari:

Me: Man, I sure wish that cute and fun guy Kagari would get more screentime.

Me: Oh! Kagari's finally getting more screentime!

Me: ....wait... why is he suddenly getting more screentime...

Me: Oh. Oh no...

Me: Oh nooooooo D: .

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Takel wrote: »
    Lovely wrote: »

There is no second season. There's only one season.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Yes. Season 2 smacks of wasted potential. I'd ignore it.

Second Season wasn't written or worked on by the people that did the first season. It does have good character development... but it's nowhere near as good as the first. Wasted potential with a few really good snippets in there.

The people that did the first season? They did the movie which acts as the third season and shows the world outside of Japan for once.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Further comments: Kamen Rider Gaim is totally recommended if you want more Urobutcher.

And holy crap is God Eater addicting.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    So that Digimon game is on flash sale. Does it run well on Vita?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was developed for Vita first, then ported to PS4.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I might pick it up. I'm done with Persona, but I did just pick up DQ7 on the 3DS for my portable JRPG fix, so I may not actually play Digimon anytime soon.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Oh damn, you can connect the PSN store to PayPal now? Whelp, no more mysterious credit card transaction errors for me!

Digimans buyed

Donnicton on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Good buy on Digimons, but fuck paypal (srsly)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEy5Mxa37ao

You'll also find English versions of the character introduction trailers on the youtube.

Aquire wanted to make a Persona-like, but with action gameplay like they're better at.

• Options
    For those that are curious what's happening with the Vita fan-tanslations. This is what I've seen so far.

Partial Translations:
    IA/VT Colorful (Menus + Song Names. Songs themselves currently being translated.)
    Pantasy Star Nova (Menus, Items, Enemies, NPC Names, Character Creation, etc. fully translated. Story being worked on.)

Completed:
    Eiyuu Senkei (Both translated and 18+ content from the origional PC release patched in. [Do note that JAST announced/is releasing this uncensored version officially for PC too.])

In Work:
    KanColle Kai
    Tales of Innocence R
    Pantasy Star Online 2 (as long as Firmware Spoofing continues to work, since it's an online game)

There's also a few Undubs for the complete weebos out there: Persona 4 Golden, Final Fantasy X, God Eater Resurrection, Trails of Cold Steel (1). Weebs are gonna weeb.

And with that...

IN2oCvB.png?1

Kksi8rS.png?1
    (Cheaper on Amazon.jp, but sadly through 3rd party sellers. Amazon.jp only ships their own stuff internationally)

:hydra: Because we can support the devs and industry while also enjoying translations on games not brought west. :hydra:

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Am I really terrible or is it difficult to play the Metal Gear Solid games on the Vita?

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Am I really terrible or is it difficult to play the Metal Gear Solid games on the Vita?

Which one are you playing?

I didn't find them any more difficult than playing on a PS2/3.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I found the difficulty mainly came from the lack of 15 years of games development improvement. They play fine compared to how they played on the PS2, but fuck me I just can't play them anymore.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Anyone care to sell me on Sword Art Online Lost Song? I got Hollow Fragment a while back and enjoyed at least a few hours of it, somehow felt that an RPG that starts me at level 99 or so needed a better hook than a complicated battle system to keep me going. Did love the premise though, as my first introduction to SAO. Someone, Isy I think, mentioned some awesome flying or somesuch in this one, is it a significant improvement and should I throw some $$ at it?

Another Vita sell-me question, is the DLC from the Child of Light Ultimate Edition worth the $5.62 for someone who already has the base game? Would love more of the same, hard to tell based on the description if there's an added ~1-2 hours of game there, which I would value as worth the additional cost.

As always, thanks for any input, I'm impulsive enough to buy either/both at a positive word from this community, but content to skip them if this post gets no replies. ;-)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I found the difficulty mainly came from the lack of 15 years of games development improvement. They play fine compared to how they played on the PS2, but fuck me I just can't play them anymore.

This might just be it, they were tricky back then, took some getting used to the mechanics.

• Options
    I'm tempted to get Digimon because of the art(I'm a fan of Yasuda, haters be damned), but looking at the gameplay... it seems kind of plain. Definitely in for Darius Burst CS and Day of the Tentacle, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I got Xonico
    but I think it's too hard for me

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So I think this was interesting. The Asian release of Digimon World: Next Order for PS4/Vita is fully 100% English localized, but is inaccessible by default. The Vita version that's not being localized.

Of course, hackers found this out and were able to swap in the official English localization. >_>

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, there's a Dragon Quest Builders demo up on the Vita store.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I have no idea what to think about Builders. (Same with World of Final Fantasy.) Glad to be able to try a demo.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Part of me thinks the concept is kinda cool, but the other part of me reaaaaaally hates Dragon Quest.

That said, when people were talking about a demo, I thought they meant the JP demo. Didn't know it was getting a release over here in the west. huh.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    oh my god i need DQB

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Japanese impressions of DQB were extremely positive. It's all the minecraft/lego thing, but with an actual story and lots more ease-of-life additions.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    The demo was great! Not too short, gave a good impression of what to expect. Pretty much sold me on an advance copy of it (though the hype was already there from the Japanese players gushing about it when it launched). If I had to nitpick, I found placement of things like doors was pretty wonky and I had to come at the doorway like 5 times to line it up properly.