As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

19495969798100»

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Quick question with Oreshika:
    I'm in the Garden of Purrfection and trying to fight Seimei to rescue the Princess, but he won't fight me. He says that I need Nueko in my party (she is).

What am I doing wrong?
    [\spoiler]

Is she actually in your party, not just revived and sitting at home? Nueko's a mandatory bring to every Seimei fight after a point, and the dungeon is randomly picked, so that doesn't actually give much information.

Are you sure you're actually going to the dungeon within the dungeon too? There's a thing that spawns where you go to rescue her.

E:
    https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4591-oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-trophy-guide
    You're looking for the Pit of Darkness.

Yes she's in the party. Turns out when you enter the room with purple lanterns, Seimei complains about needing Nueko but I can just walk past him and fight the boss anyway...

Thanks!

工事中
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Finally got myself a ps4 and now I'm playing Bloodborne and it's really great. Remote Play is awesome!! Is there a way to get a stronger signal for a ps4 to Vita connection? I'm in the same room, but I still get the occasional stutter and that is no good for bosses in this game :biggrin:

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Armoroc wrote: »
    Finally got myself a ps4 and now I'm playing Bloodborne and it's really great. Remote Play is awesome!! Is there a way to get a stronger signal for a ps4 to Vita connection? I'm in the same room, but I still get the occasional stutter and that is no good for bosses in this game :biggrin:

It has 2 different connection options, one through the Internet and one as a direct connection between the 2. Oddly the option to change it is on the PS4 itself I think. Try using the other option.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Also, make sure your "Use Wifi in Power Save Mode" setting on your Vita is unchecked (set to off). It lowers the power of the Wifi and gives you a more spotty connection, in exchange for better battery life. In practice, it wrecks your Remote Play connection.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

It has 2 different connection options, one through the Internet and one as a direct connection between the 2. Oddly the option to change it is on the PS4 itself I think. Try using the other option.

Never knew this. Which one is default? The internet? I try to play in bed, which is just the room across the hall from my ps4 and I can't get it to work well. The router is in the same room as the ps4 and I get full bars with tablet, phone, etc. in my bedroom. Does direct connection to the ps4 work better?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Chara CaroliChara Caroli Canes VenaticiRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »

Never knew this. Which one is default? The internet? I try to play in bed, which is just the room across the hall from my ps4 and I can't get it to work well. The router is in the same room as the ps4 and I get full bars with tablet, phone, etc. in my bedroom. Does direct connection to the ps4 work better?

Yeah, direct connection is way more stable.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Sharon Begley
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I started playing Trails of Cold Steel last night and a little bit into the introduction I got to a point where the protagonist and the others fall through a trap door and one of the girls lands on top of him with her boobs pressing on his face, then after they extricate themselves he immediately apologizes and she slaps him. I shut off the Vita right then because I was not in the mood to endure Anime Bullshit at that moment.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Dude, l don't know where you are from, but where I grew up, that's not anime bullshit. That's an embarrassed teenage girl acting like an embarrassed teenage girl. I'm not sure why you would expect her to act like a reasonable 30 year old adult. I saw my fair share of hitting when I was in high school due to accidental gropes, bumps, and touches because of crowds and accidents. That shit just happens when you're dealing with teenagers.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Dude, l don't know where you are from, but where I grew up, that's not anime bullshit. That's an embarrassed teenage girl acting like an embarrassed teenage girl. I'm not sure why you would expect her to act like a reasonable 30 year old adult. I saw my fair share of hitting when I was in high school due to accidental gropes, bumps, and touches because of crowds and accidents. That shit just happens when you're dealing with teenagers.

I have basically only seen that type of behavior in anime (/anime-based things), and never in real life I'm pretty sure.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I started playing Trails of Cold Steel last night and a little bit into the introduction I got to a point where the protagonist and the others fall through a trap door and one of the girls lands on top of him with her boobs pressing on his face, then after they extricate themselves he immediately apologizes and she slaps him. I shut off the Vita right then because I was not in the mood to endure Anime Bullshit at that moment.

If it helps, she gets over it relatively quickly. I don't know why that is in the game since it doesn't really gel with everything else.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    kime wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »

I have basically only seen that type of behavior in anime (/anime-based things), and never in real life I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, my high school was designed for about 1000 people, and my graduating class alone had almost 600 alone. The two classes behind us were larger (though the freshman class was smaller)/ We were in some tight quarters and shit like that happened all the time. Though I will admit face slaps were rare. Mostly you got punches to the chest/shoulder/stomach depending on the aim and height of the girl.

EDIT: And if it helps, ToCS tends to use and the subvert the tropes. For instance, in that case pretty much everyone sides with Rean in regards to the situation, and it gets dealt with by the end of Chapter 1.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Does Remote Play work for any game on PS4, or does it have to be programmed specifically for it?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Does Remote Play work for any game on PS4, or does it have to be programmed specifically for it?

All games that don't require the Camera/VR/etc.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Though some games have their buttons mapped in such an unintuitive way they may as well not be compatible.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Can't you remap everything now?

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Aistan wrote: »

I was legitimately worried about this when I started playing, but unlike most JRPG bullshit, the characters in this game actually grow PAST their anime bullshit tropes by the end. Their archtypes are basically used as a means to get to know them, and by like 2/3 of the way through they've all worked past their memes. From a JRPG perspective, Cold Steel actually has the least amount of anime bullshit I've seen in a while.

Other than Rean being the most fucking useless male in the world regarding women, the rest of the group are very normalized compared to other JRPGs. This is pushed even farther when you play Cold Steel 2. So yeah, they're dumbass anime kids in the beginning, but that changes very quickly and used as a narrative.
    Renzo wrote: »
    If it helps, she gets over it relatively quickly. I don't know why that is in the game since it doesn't really gel with everything else.

Truthfully, I think the only reason it happens at all is to push a specific game narrative. It's used to very early plant a neon sign above Alisa flashing 'THIS IS CANON WAIFU'. Other than that, it's teenager shenanigans at a time when no one knows each other.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Can't you remap everything now?
    Not for Remote Play, even with the ability to remap on both sides of the connection.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD YOU GUYS SEVERED IS SO GOOD. Why did I wait so long to play this game?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Someone needs to create a new Vita thread. And I'm too lazy to do it. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Well, those lists in the OP need a lot of work...

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Before closing down... Thank you guys for the remote play help. I fiddled around with it and it's not blurry now!! Vita for life!

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    New thread up, https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/208942/ps-vita-the-original-switch#latest

EDIT: Edit was doing really strange things here so it originally had the wrong link

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular