As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] off Samar

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    What the fuck Jeffe can't change his avatar

It should be against forum rules if it already isn't.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    quit my job

feels like terrible idea

the best kind of idea

honestly my life has been better since i quit my job.

i'm poor though.

i'd rather be poor than work a dead end job.

how do ye survive

freeganism

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    quit my job

feels like terrible idea

the best kind of idea

i'm poor though.

how do ye survive

barely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    quit my job

feels like terrible idea

the best kind of idea

i'm poor though.

The police and emergency service people fail to make a dent. The voice of the pleading spouse does not have the hoped-for effect. The woman remains on the ledge – though not, she threatens, for long.

I imagine that I am the one who must talk the woman down. I see it, and it happens like this.

I tell the woman about a man in Bogota. He was a wealthy man, an industrialist who was kidnapped and held for ransom. It was not a TV drama; his wife could not call the bank and, in twenty-four hours, have one million dollars. It took months. The man had a heart condition, and the kidnappers had to keep the man alive.

Listen to this, I tell the woman on the ledge. His captors made him quit smoking. They changed his diet and made him exercise every day. They held him that way for three months.

When the ransom was paid and the man was released, his doctor looked him over. He found the man to be in excellent health. I tell the woman what the doctor said then – that the kidnap was the best thing to happen to that man.

Maybe this is not a come-down-from-the-ledge story. But I tell it with the thought that the woman on the ledge will ask herself a question, the question that occurred to that man in Bogota. He wondered how we know that what happens to us isn’t good.

• Options
    i'd rather have nothing and freedom than work a whole week just so i can eat some sushi and pretend like i'm happy

fuck lower class life. i ain't got time for that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    DUE had to make a hard choice:

drink a Pepsi, or never work in this town again

• Options
    quit my job

feels like terrible idea

the best kind of idea

i'm poor though.

The police and emergency service people fail to make a dent. The voice of the pleading spouse does not have the hoped-for effect. The woman remains on the ledge – though not, she threatens, for long.

I imagine that I am the one who must talk the woman down. I see it, and it happens like this.

I tell the woman about a man in Bogota. He was a wealthy man, an industrialist who was kidnapped and held for ransom. It was not a TV drama; his wife could not call the bank and, in twenty-four hours, have one million dollars. It took months. The man had a heart condition, and the kidnappers had to keep the man alive.

Listen to this, I tell the woman on the ledge. His captors made him quit smoking. They changed his diet and made him exercise every day. They held him that way for three months.

When the ransom was paid and the man was released, his doctor looked him over. He found the man to be in excellent health. I tell the woman what the doctor said then – that the kidnap was the best thing to happen to that man.

Maybe this is not a come-down-from-the-ledge story. But I tell it with the thought that the woman on the ledge will ask herself a question, the question that occurred to that man in Bogota. He wondered how we know that what happens to us isn’t good.

Life is simple.

Win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    DUE had to make a hard choice:

drink a Pepsi, or never work in this town again

and i drank that Pepsi with my middle finger up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    X6qvlpBl.jpg

Gim on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    alexander skarsgard

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I figured, I'd pull this out due to the people playing World of Warships.

If it was anything like World of Warships, that destroyer would have lost it's engines, rudder, and be on fire as soon as one of the other ships looked at it funny.

I dunno, man, there was a destroyer in a match I played tonight that was a total phantom. He'd show up, then disappear around an island and 5 seconds later I have a bunch of torpedoes in my grill. I'd never seen a destroyer so effective.

But I got to the St. Louis and I'm having a blast (haw) with her 14 guns.

The key with the destroyers is to always know exactly what your torp range and spot range is, and to lurk right around there. Fire off some torps, dodge back out of range. If they send aircraft to find you pop smoke and turn off AA and lurk. If the cruisers get desperate and charge straight at you you hit your speed boost, zip right at them, and then greet them with torps to the face. Being low and slim and fast makes it damn hard to fire accurately at the destroyers as long as they're not being stupid and presenting their sides.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    if i wanted to quit my jerb i guess i'd have to fly back to philly on credit and live with fam again

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    if i wanted to quit my jerb i guess i'd have to fly back to philly on credit and live with fam again

fuck that

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCBxvt1I18
    Elldren wrote: »
    alexander skarsgard

woof

steam_sig.png
  • Options

or

not do that.

and take the earth like the stupid fucking asshole that it is.

idk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i may have poor rage issues and

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Recently I've become irrationally fond of the phrase "take a punt".

I've never been punting. I feel I probably will have to at some point

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    It seems like every hero league game in HOTS hI played today has either has someone go AFK or just rage quitting. Why the hell can't this happen to the other team?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I just saw the se++ megagame. Sadly it seems like it could be about to collapse.

Interesting idea,but an insane amount of work to run

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    New Vegas.
    X-8 quest in Old World Blues gets so dumb. After doing everything required without opening the kennel, I did the X-13 mission and on the way got the keys to the kennel and went back to X-8 to see what was up. And I guess all it is that I have to do the same thing I did before, all over again, but this time with dogs? I've already been to this area, and looked at every corner, and read everything I could be reading. This is just a purely an ugly dog shooting mission, now. Tedious.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Right before you're expecting something good to happen, every little thing in your life that can go wrong does, in the most spectacular way possible, making your life as difficult as it realistically could be, so as to slow down your perceived passage of time, and make the good thing SEEM to take forever to arrive? I think this is like, a verifiable scientific fact. Physics and such.

Boo the person relieving me of my shift called out sick. Now I'm stuck at work for 16 hours, after doing 16 hours at work yesterday. I had errands to run today, but work decided I didn't need any days off this week! Now I won't be prepared for my vacation next week (the good thing in question).

• Options
    One of my fav internet things is to go to a YouTube video because it was referenced elsewhere on the internet and the most recent comment is "______ brought me here" and I think "Yeah, me too!"

I like knowing that others had the same impulses as me.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    fuuuuck

i just played chicken with a girl and lost.

(about being her date to a stupid thing i can't afford)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Japanese curry for dinner

this brings back memories

• Options
    Friend of a friend post popped up on Facebook.

"Sorry to my friends with iPhones, I just upgraded to a Samsung so I can't get messages from you anymore"

From the comments it seems like the person legitimately thought that communications were lockedbto specific phone brands. Not only that, but they then switched brands which would prevent them ever communicating again.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Friend of a friend post popped up on Facebook.

"Sorry to my friends with iPhones, I just upgraded to a Samsung so I can't get messages from you anymore"

From the comments it seems like the person legitimately thought that communications were lockedbto specific phone brands. Not only that, but they then switched brands which would prevent them ever communicating again.

Every time I find out someone is a green-texter I shudder in repulsion before never contacting them again

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Good mornington, fellow weirdos.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I've actually defeated four Hard Mode Megaman 10 Robot Masters

trophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.pngtrophy_gold.png

Still trying to figure out what larger game to play

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The USA lost to Nepal in a T20 match in Belfast by six wickets just a few days ago. This cricketing failure surely signals the end of their superpower status

• Options
    The US has a cricket team?

Why?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Presumably so they can at least pretend to possess a thin veneer of civilisation.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    So my parents are on their way to the airport now, for their first totally solo vacation since before I was born. Since before they were dating even, actually! That's roughly 20 years of one or both of them being at minimum within easy driving distance of at least one of us at all times. The other Spoollings and I sent them to a bnb for a couple nights last summer but that was 20min from our house and they had a car.

Man, parenthood is like.... crazy @-@ I am so impressed by them tbh

I am very excited for them to have some time actually alone!!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Seriously like @ [chat] parents whoa you people are awesome

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Presumably so they can at least pretend to possess a thin veneer of civilisation.

We already have IHOP, thank you very much.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Yo the end of the last thread was nuts

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    That is crazy. My parents took foreign holidays alone from when I was six. And they had always gone away for weekends and what have you.

Being within twenty minutes of your kids continuously for 20years is crazy

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So my parents are on their way to the airport now, for their first totally solo vacation since before I was born. Since before they were dating even, actually! That's roughly 20 years of one or both of them being at minimum within easy driving distance of at least one of us at all times. The other Spoollings and I sent them to a bnb for a couple nights last summer but that was 20min from our house and they had a car.

Man, parenthood is like.... crazy @-@ I am so impressed by them tbh

I am very excited for them to have some time actually alone!!

Also, she would like you to know she expects there will be a ragging kegger tonight at her place.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    If civilization means having to play cricket then bring on the chrome painted warlords

This discussion has been closed.