As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    After bouncing between 6 and 7 for a couple of days I just win streaked to 5 with Token druid. Feeling pretty awesome considering before TGT I never got higher then rank 9.
    70issjfbys0w.jpg

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Best Druid is pretty fun and a nice change of pace from combo and ramp. Savage combatant is was better than I expected it to be. Doubly so if you can innervate it out on turn 2.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I had 30 health and ice block up, he had plenty of turns to figure out it was ice block
    RozAOnP.jpg
    Did he actually fucking count? This is not salt at all, I'm hugely impressed.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm sitting on 2,340 gold. Should I:

1) Spend it all on TGT packs?
    2) Stockpile it to 3,500 for the next Adventure Mode?
    3) Massive amount of Arena runs?
    4) Profit?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

4) Profit?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

4) Profit?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

4) Profit?

Do you desperately want more TGT epics/leggos? 1. (That's the mode I'm in now.) Are you satisfied just getting any old pack and don't hate arena? I'd say 3. There's generally enough forewarning on Adventure Modes that you can start stockpiling and hit the necessary gold by the time each wing drops. I had like 500 gold when Blackrock was announced and I got all the wings as they released.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015

4) Profit?

Assuming you ever spend money on the game, you should spend it on Adventure Mode. It's the only time when $1 is worth more than 100 gold.

So my answer is "anything but (2)."

admanb on
  • Options
    The wife and I both outright bought the adventure modes because we don't wanna grind that much. Doesn't hurt that she makes good money so $25 for a game we enjoy isn't that bad. :)

Looks like TGT it is!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Is it just me or is Varian actively bad in the control warrior mirror? I've played 5-6 of them today, and they've all either gone to fatigue or gone to 1-2 cards before fatigue, which makes Varian actively bad if you hit fatigue first. Plus it's just like "oh hey that brawl you never played because I was playing around it? just have all the value you want

*note that I'm actually playing Dragon warrior but it's the less dragon-y, more control-y one (no blackwing techs, only dragons are Nef/Ysera/Twilight Guardians along with corruptors)

Trump was playing him in control warrior and winning in ONOG today. I think he can be good, but you need to cut at least one Acolyte of Pain and want your board to be minimal when you drop him.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    So what are your Inspire decks looking like? My shaman one feels like it's turned out better than the druid/pally ones I've tried, though I'm still missing pieces while I save dust.

rP4rjkN.jpg

Threw in Reincarnate because some folk feel like a silence is sufficient and it's nice to be able to reverse that, and cos of that Sylvanas and Kel'Thuzad had to go in too. Probably dies horribly to aggro but I've not encountered much.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Grim Patron == Puzzle Patron

DmRKw0w.png

Next turn, the opponent played a Ragnaros

I draw an Armorsmith

Do I have lethal?
    No idea, I went for face anyway
    1HTt6M3.png?1

Turns out, it's EXACT lethal

Melkster on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Without a Patron? I don't think so. If it all just goes face, that's 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 damage, +2 from Inner Rage itself, +1 from Inner Rage proc-ing Berserker, so 8.

If you redirect a Ghoul at either Ragnaros or Twilight Drake, you lose the Ghoul's direct damage, so 7, but then the hit procs Berserker twice, and then the Ghoul's deathrattle damages 6 other minions, for 15.

The second Ghoul is the same, but only damages 5 other minions, so ... 21?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    His mistake was playing cards against you, what a fool.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Without a Patron? I don't think so. If it all just goes face, that's 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 damage, +2 from Inner Rage itself, +1 from Inner Rage proc-ing Berserker, so 8.

If you redirect a Ghoul at either Ragnaros or Twilight Drake, you lose the Ghoul's direct damage, so 7, but then the hit procs Berserker twice, and then the Ghoul's deathrattle damages 6 other minions, for 15.

He's lying. He drew an Inner Rage.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Yeah there was a card drawn that isn't noted which makes it sort of an unfair puzzle!

I played druid for the first time in tgt last night. Won four straight. But that's also how I started with priest and shaman so I'm not getting overly excited.

The dreadsteed animation is good enough that I had to build the deck. Copied tidesoftime but I also have dogs variation open on my screen at home, gonna see which I like more.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I just had an idea for the next Priest legendary:

Inquisitor Whitemane
    Inspire: summon a random friendly minion that died this game

(alternatively, Battlecry: summon a random legendary minion that died this game)

Alas, I suspect Whitemane might end up being the buyable skin for priest, because I can't think of other equally notable Priest figures from WoW (except Velen who's already a card).

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm, i never did an arena run after the free one...

I am 1 game away from having 150 gold...

I don't want to waste my gold away and i'm not sure I can handle that much RNG when playing (coming from a person with an RNG-heavy mage deck in Ranked)

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Hmm, i never did an arena run after the free one...

I am 1 game away from having 150 gold...

I don't want to waste my gold away and i'm not sure I can handle that much RNG when playing (coming from a person with an RNG-heavy mage deck in Ranked)

At worst (0 wins, 3 losses) you'll get a random pack and some dust/gold. It's around 20-30 dust or 20-30 gold I think? You'll at most lose out on 50 gold.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I had 30 health and ice block up, he had plenty of turns to figure out it was ice block
    [snip]
    Did he actually fucking count? This is not salt at all, I'm hugely impressed.

It's a shame you don't have a fireball to use on your Sylvanas there. That would've been hilarious.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    22 packs opened (saved 150 for an Arena run) and here are the results:

110 new cards, 20 of which I didn't have
    2 Legendary (Dreadscale and Anub'arak)
    3 Epic
    6 Rare
    3 Common
    6 Golden cards (5 of which got dusted)
    740 Dust (not including golds)

Not a bad haul, got some things I didn't have already. Looks like I'm still missing 4 commons, 17 rares, 39 Epics and 16 Legendaries. That's total cards (including doubles) in order to have a complete set.

With 6000 dust, it looks like it's time to start crafting some Epic/Legendary cards. I'm digging the following:

Lock and Load (x2)
    Coldara Drake (x1)
    Mysterious Challenger (own 1, is a 2nd worth it?)
    Beneath the Ground (x2)
    Garrison Commander (x2)
    Kodorider (x2)
    Effigy (x2)
    Burgle (second copy?)
    Shady Dealer (2nd copy for Pirate Rogue?)
    Sparing Partner (x2)
    Master Jouster (x1)
    Mist Caller
    Gormok the Impaler
    Justicar Truehearth

I really want to try out new concepts (Pirate Rogue, L&L Hunter, Mill Rogue, Inspire Mage) and revamp my current favorite (Control Warrior). With that in mind, I'd think Justicar is a sure-fire craft but the rest are up in the air.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    So I haven't been paying attention to hs for awhile. You can get get classic packs in arena now? Did they explain why they did this instead of a token system or something, other than typical corporate greed/making you buy the new packs instead of winning them?

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I got a GvG pack for my arena last night. Maybe it's random?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I got a GvG pack for my arena last night. Maybe it's random?

It's random.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    So I haven't been paying attention to hs for awhile. You can get get classic packs in arena now? Did they explain why they did this instead of a token system or something, other than typical corporate greed/making you buy the new packs instead of winning them?

Yes, it is random and also people were complaining about getting gvg packs where classic packs are usually better for new players. So imo random is still better than TGT packs, but a token system would be best.

I think it's less greed though and more that they didn't feel like implementing it (you need the tokens and then also UI stuff for redeeming them, so it's more work than you'd think at first glance). Also I guess they would have to think about if they want people to be able to hoard tokens for whenever the next expansion hits so making it random is just easier on all fronts.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Making it random makes me give fuck all about arena.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    First 12 win Warlock run in TGT. Deck was pretty solid, even with the relative dearth of 2 drops that I wanted to play on curve. MVP was probably either Void Crusher or Dread Infernal. In Both cases they either provided what I needed against paladins (1 drop creature massacre, or against other decks a garunteed removal of something huge as I could usually keep board control most games). Best decision of the draft was taking both Hellfires to keep the enemy from flooding the board. Very happy with the gold payout. Also, surprised at how relatively good evil heckler is considering booty bay bodyguard is so bad.
    w4nc1lt.png

npdaMKa.png

Cr1s2UZ.png

aUrYx9B.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Making it random makes me give fuck all about arena.

This is my biggest problem with it. While I do like doing arena because drafting is fun overall, a large part of it was getting packs. Now, finishing a decent arena run and getting some gold and a classic pack feels kind of gross. Guess I'll just horde my gold and buy packs normally with the occasional arena. Still doesn't make any sense why they would make it random packs...

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    It's not just trying to make you buy the new packs, I'm sure they also honestly really don't feel like coding a token system and changing the store interface.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    hippofant wrote: »

Derp, I completely fucked up that puzzle... Yeah you're right, I don't have enough if I drew another armorsmith. I must've drawn an inner rage.

My bad guys :(

Melkster on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    just beat a secrets pally for the first time. or at least the first time that they played the big secrets guy

juuuuuuuust as I'm stabalizing (control warrior. not dragon.) he drops the second one. I said right before 'the only way I lose is if he has the secrets guy'. and of course it's the draw. but I still managed. was very low on life at some points but alex+shieldmaidens+eventually justicar kept me alive.

whew

edit - ahahahaha, another one, same exact fucking thing. clear the first round of secrets and he immediately drops the next mysterious challenger

I've yet to face one who didn't have it on turn 6, and usually another one within 2 turns.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Turns out my brain is too slow to play Patron. I've already lost a couple of games tonight to "OMG do I have lethal or not aaah what the hell why are these animations taking forever come on patrons spawn faster nnnoooooo..." *turn ends, lose game*

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Turns out my brain is too slow to play Patron. I've already lost a couple of games tonight to "OMG do I have lethal or not aaah what the hell why are these animations taking forever come on patrons spawn faster nnnoooooo..." *turn ends, lose game*

You are the Patron Warrior I always want to play against but never find.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    this has to be a bug right?

i hard cast a fist of jaraxxus, my opponent had a counterspell up. after fist was countered both my tiny knights of evil were buffed.

• Options

i hard cast a fist of jaraxxus, my opponent had a counterspell up. after fist was countered both my tiny knights of evil were buffed.
    Counterspell is weird because some things trigger even though it was countered, but casting fist of Jaraxxus shouldn't buff Knight of Evil even if it wasn't countered :s

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

Has to be, or they could call it an "design oversight". Anything you don't successfully cast may be considered "discarded", I guess. Seems weird to me, but clearly something wacky is happening.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

When Counterspell activates, it discards your spell, so the Tiny Knights of Evil get buffed.

I don't know if it's a bug or not. Disguised Toast made a video with all sorts of weird shit going on as a result of their dodgy patchwork coding on some of the cards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax4U6dDIlws

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    First Legend run with Druid!
    Legend%20with%20Druid_zpslx8oguhl.jpg

Playing this list:

Druid%20List_zpsda4fyeqt.jpg

Man this list...this list is beautiful. It's my own design (though Amnesiac and others are playing something similar). It's so consistent and powerful. The core of the deck looks like this:
    Innervate X2
    Living Roots X1
    Wild Growth X2
    Wrath X1
    Darnassus Aspirant X2
    Savage Roar X2
    Swipe X2
    Keeper of the Grove X2
    Piloted Shredder X1
    Savage Combatant X2
    Druid of the Claw X2
    Force of Nature X2
    Emperor Thaurissan X1
    Anceient of Lore X2
    Dr. Boom X1
    Cenarius X1

The flex spots are:
    1 Wrath
    1 Mulch
    1 Keezan Mystic
    1 Loatheb

Wrath can be a second living roots, Mulch can be BGH, Keezan Mystic can be another shredder, and Loatheb can be sylvanas or other 5-6 drop.

Honestly though, at this point, I wouldn't change a single card. This list is so precisely tuned and built for this current metagame, I dropped all of 2 games from Rank 4 to Legend.

Some quick thoughts on card selection before I write a more detailed primer later:

Darnassus Aspirant is incredible. I thought he would be good - I was wrong, he's insane. He's the second best card in the deck after innervate. If you play him on turn 2 and he isn't killed, the game is practically over. He does so much work: he fights over the board early against decks you need to contest, he pushes you towards your end game against control, he's happy to pick up a savage roar in a pinch to clear, and he has nuanced uses too. One my favorite plays with him is against mage, where he eats the mirror entity and then costs them a crystal when you kill it. An absolutely brutal play. He also plays a critical role in smoothing out the curve while pressing the board. He's just amazing in every respect.

Mulch is better than BGH I feel. I replaced him with mulch and haven't looked back. It just does so much work and might even be worth a second slot. The tempo gain is huge, often letting you push through damage, while being able to remove targets BGH can't touch - namely Tirion and Mysterious Challenger. The only time the creature is relevant is if they get something worth casting AND have time to cast it. In over 50 games that has happened all of 1 time, and my opponent still lost that game.

Living Roots is great for its flexibility. Against paladin or hunter for example, you often just want to make 2 roots on turn 1 so you can kill a minibot on turn 2, or eat a freezing trap. That alone is a huge benefit. Other times it will kill something important (Knife Juggler) while still allowing you to play creatures on the board. One has felt right so far, but going to two probably isn't a bad idea if you have a lot of hunter/paladin.

2X Combo is a requirement I think. Sometimes you have to burn one or both components of the combo in the midgame to stablize. Having access to the combo later in the game can be critical, and obviously being able to innervate into it reliably is a huge a benefit. Combo closes out games you can't otherwise win.

Keezan Mystic is just fine as a one-of. It's a huge blowout against mage/hunter. Without Keezan the games are probably 60/40 in your favor, with her, the games are like 90/10. She also one of the only ways you can beat secrets paladin. She's a concession to the current metagame, but could be cut if the metagame shifts.

The rest of the cards are standard mid-range druid cards.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Roz on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The problem is that when I use mulch I'm sure I'll just give them Varian or something.

Does Savage Combatant really give that much value? I tried it with a beasty deck with combo and I was underwhelmed. It just dies so easy against aggro and that's what you want to use it against.

Coinage on
  • Options
    https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/meta-snapshot-27-paladins-and-shamans-and-priests-oh-my
    They think secret Paladin has overtaken patron to be the number 1 deck @visiblehowl THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT