Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    heh. i got a dreadsteed warlock to work this morning. had 5 of them before i suicided rivendale, then used Mal'ganas to good effect and a void crusher before the guy conceeded. he was playing tempo mage. my deck needs fine tuning but it was fun to get off the combo.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    1,600 dust, woo.

Any neutral TGT champions I MUST craft? I've already got Nexus-Champion Zaraad.

If you already have the older must-haves (Boom, Sylvanas etc), I'd suggest Justicar or Chillmaw, depending on if you plan to play any of the dragon decks. They're kind of mutually exclusive, in that they go in very different decks (although I could imagine them both used in dragon warrior). I underestimated him at first, but Chillmaw has turned out to be the legendary I'm the most satisfied with, the best craft I've invested in since Dr Boom.

I had plenty of dust to start TGT with, so I crafted the twin val'kyr to replace Dark Cultists in priest. They're good, and sometimes especially the divine shield one can get some serious work done, but I kind of regret spending the dust because now I think I want Varian and Confessor Paletress more.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Made it down to rank 4 this month with my midrange pally.

Couldn't get past rank 8 with tempo mage and I still hate patron warrior. Still makes me salty to be in complete control of the game and then lose on turn 8 with his empty board....

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    1,600 dust, woo.

Any neutral TGT champions I MUST craft? I've already got Nexus-Champion Zaraad.

If you already have the older must-haves (Boom, Sylvanas etc), I'd suggest Justicar or Chillmaw, depending on if you plan to play any of the dragon decks. They're kind of mutually exclusive, in that they go in very different decks (although I could imagine them both used in dragon warrior). I underestimated him at first, but Chillmaw has turned out to be the legendary I'm the most satisfied with, the best craft I've invested in since Dr Boom.

I had plenty of dust to start TgT with, so I crafted the twin val'kyr to replace Dark Cultists in priest. They're good, and sometimes especially the divine shield one can get some serious work done, but I kind of regret spending the dust because now I think I want Varian and Confessor Paletress more.

Let's see... I've got Sylvanas, Boom, Aviana, Tirion, Velen, Millhouse, Mukla, Baron Rivendare, Harrison, Mimiron's Head, Saraad, Rend Blackhand, Troggzor, Ragnaros, Alexstraza, Deathwing and the Naxx/Blackrock stuff. I love dragon decks so I might go for one of the two you suggested unless I've got an obvious gap.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    What what what?

Dragon priest runs REND BLACKHAND?

Question.
    What's the synenergy between Secretkeeper and Mysterious Challenger? Is it possible to secretbomb by dropping mysterious challenger on a Secretkeeper and getting a massive secretkeeper or is the only synergy that they both like a lot of secrets?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    What what what?

He's in mine at least, and has saved my bacon more than once.

• Options
    What what what?

Question.
    What's the synenergy between Secretkeeper and Mysterious Challenger? Is it possible to secretbomb by dropping mysterious challenger on a Secretkeeper and getting a massive secretkeeper or is the only synergy that they both like a lot of secrets?

The latter. Secretkeeper doesn't benefit from MC.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    What what what?

He was useful but i think i replaced him with someone else...letsee..
    chillmaw or paletress i think. i have both currently but i wouldnt call my decks super successful, been experimenting a lot this weekend. I've given up on getting to rank 10 this month.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    What what what?

He was useful but i think i replaced him with someone else...letsee..
    chillmaw or paletress i think. i have both currently but i wouldnt call my decks super successful, been experimenting a lot this weekend. I've given up on getting to rank 10 this month.

I've seen him in one or two dragon priests, but I think he usually appears more often in dragon pally (though more rare). I think priests have enough removal with PW that there are better cards to fit in dragon priest. I've tried him once or twice, but haven't really found him useful enough. And he's kinda a dead card against most aggro. I'd rather MC their legendaries ;)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Confessor Paletress has been good to me with the RNG gods.
    Against a warlock, I had shadowmadness'd a Dreadsteed and she gave me Mal'Ganis
    Against a mage, they unstable portal'd Feugen and late game when heading to fatigue she gave me Stalaag.

Handkor on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I was able to beat a secret paly handily with druid. I was running token druid so early pressure kept his secrets down. It's also great to mulch that 6-6 once he's been buffed by avenge and stuff.

But yeah hero powering after he gets all secrets out gets rid of 2-3 secrets right away.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Tip:

if I have emperor on board as well as darnassus aspirant, do not silence the darnassus aspirant instead of the emp....

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    In fact, never silence the Darnassus Aspirant, unless it's yours.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Also, never Sap it. It won't trigger it's Deathrattle and they'll play it again to get two mana crystals ahead.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I found a few cute things while playing dreadsteed lock.

Wrathguard does no damage to the player if it is destroyed. You can drop two of these guys early, then if they are in danger of turning into a liability, drop a void terror for a nicely buffed terror and no damage to yourself.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The latter. Secretkeeper doesn't benefit from MC.

Still good in a paladin deck then.
    Dropping pally secrets after a secretkeeper keeps it on curve (manawise), with the additional benefit of whatever the secret gives.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    "All right, I have a couple of days left, I can still push to rank 15 at least. Let's do this!" -> Drops from rank 16 to 18.

What's the greediest, scummiest, face-iest deck right now? Normally, I like playing weird combo decks for that once-in-a-while payoff, but as soon as I decided to try to rank up at least a minimal amount, that payoff turned into "never-in-a-while".

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    "All right, I have a couple of days left, I can still push to rank 15 at least. Let's do this!" -> Drops from rank 16 to 18.

What's the greediest, scummiest, face-iest deck right now? Normally, I like playing weird combo decks for that once-in-a-while payoff, but as soon as I decided to try to rank up at least a minimal amount, that payoff turned into "never-in-a-while".

Patron Warrior's working for me, especially with so many aggro paladins.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

Secret Paladin has really good matchups. Face Hunter can still get it done. If you understand Patron Warrior it's still an amazing deck.

Edit: Also there is a more up to date Face Warrior from Reynad that is a good bet.

Kolosus on
  • Options
    Secret Paladin looks fun, but I look at these decklists and I'm missing like half the cards.

Never tried patron, though. That might be an interesting experiment. As I understand it, it's a relatively cheap deck, right? I might have the cards for that.

• Options
    I tried playing a token paladin a bit, and just got totally wiped by opponents. Who were all also playing token paladin. I think I just don't know how to play the deck. Or this game.

• Options
    Secret Paladin looks fun, but I look at these decklists and I'm missing like half the cards.

Never tried patron, though. That might be an interesting experiment. As I understand it, it's a relatively cheap deck, right? I might have the cards for that.

It's fairly cheap but hard to play right.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    ok hearthstone, enoughs enough

3 ram wrangers: crab, chicken, parrot.

get wrekt.

• Options
    Kolosus wrote: »

It's fairly cheap but hard to play right.

Yeah, I've had matches where cards draw in exactly the wrong order I need and I'm completely hosed.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I ran up against a shockingly well put together pally secret deck in arena of all places. Mysterious Challengers, Secretkeepers, heavy amount of secrets. The Murloc Knight. Geez.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Thanks Roz, I am going to try to get to 10 with your deck today.

Also I think Darnassus Aspirant is a lady? Idk :P

I'm terrible with genders on cards that don't specifically call out a name or explicitly define the gender.

I go back and forth between he/she all the time cards like argent squire or stormwind champion - it's a bad habit I picked up from Magic.

I can imagine that's frustrating to read, and I'll try to be more mindful of it in the future.

*edit*

I've decided to call Savage Combatant "Simba" from now on, because it's just too perfect.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Also, never Sap it. It won't trigger it's Deathrattle and they'll play it again to get two mana crystals ahead.

One of my favorite plays is coin + aspirant turn 1. Then trading into their turn 2 Mad Scientist, and then attacking into the freezing trap with the aspirant the next turn.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

I'm terrible with genders on cards that don't specifically call out a name or explicitly define the gender.

I go back and forth between he/she all the time cards like argent squire or stormwind champion - it's a bad habit I picked up from Magic.

I can imagine that's frustrating to read, and I'll try to be more mindful of it in the future.

*edit*

I've decided to call Savage Combatant "Simba" from now on, because it's just too perfect.

Confirmed, Darnassus Aspirant is female: http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2782/darnassus-aspirant

Also Savage Combatant's voice is terrifying. http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2780/savage-combatant

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Fooled around with an Aviana Ramp deck this morning, played 4 games, was about 50%. I really like her, there's potential in that card. I am just not 100% sure how to take the most advantage of it.

There's a temptation to just dump your huge threats on the board when she shows up, but against classes with strong board clears this doesn't seem that great. She enables the wonderful OTK Malygos Double Faceless Moonfire combo, but that seems a little gimmicky. I really want to try it though but don't have Big Mal sadly.

Going to keep using her though, such a fun card.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

*edit*

Confirmed, Darnassus Aspirant is female: http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2782/darnassus-aspirant

Also Savage Combatant's voice is terrifying. http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2780/savage-combatant

natuuuuuuuuure STRIKES!

• Options
    come onnnn HS

I hate when this happens

X4r4DRY.png

• Options
    come onnnn HS

I hate when this happens
    X4r4DRY.png

What does your midrange Druid deck look like?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    come onnnn HS

I hate when this happens
    X4r4DRY.png

What does your midrange Druid deck look like?

like the one Roz posted that I copied

Druid%20List_zpsda4fyeqt.jpg

So It Goes on
  • Options

Been playing Patron a bit for a couple of nights now, finally getting the hang of it I think. The first hurdle is to make your decisions and play your combo turns fast enough to avoid running out of time. :) You also have to recognize early on what you're playing against and how you're going to kill them; you don't need a charge combo against some decks, whereas against some others the only way to win is to build the mother of all Frothing Berserker combos.

I've found Commanding Shout really useful in dealing with Chillmaw, because it actually turns Chillmaw's deathrattle into an advantage for you.

There are some in depth guides to Patron. The first one from google search was a huge help for me (the match-up section is pre-TGT and therefore outdated, but you can extrapolate to current decks).

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Playing ranked with a Control/Combo Hunter deck

Dreadscale and Flare are just the most hilarious things when facing paladin after paladin

• Options
    I really want to craft Justiciar, but I don't know what deck she would fit in. :(

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I really want to craft Justiciar, but I don't know what deck she would fit in. :(

So far she's been kind of dope in warrior

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Control Warrior, Control Priest, Midrange and Control Paladin.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Been playing Patron a bit for a couple of nights now, finally getting the hang of it I think. The first hurdle is to make your decisions and play your combo turns fast enough to avoid running out of time. :) You also have to recognize early on what you're playing against and how you're going to kill them; you don't need a charge combo against some decks, whereas against some others the only way to win is to build the mother of all Frothing Berserker combos.

I've found Commanding Shout really useful in dealing with Chillmaw, because it actually turns Chillmaw's deathrattle into an advantage for you.

There are some in depth guides to Patron. The first one from google search was a huge help for me (the match-up section is pre-TGT and therefore outdated, but you can extrapolate to current decks).
    Thanks! I'll check that guide out.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Crafted a Malganis since my Warlock game needs a boost.

What's a good deck to base around him? Just go apeshit with demons, with a few demon-related spells? I do have a (one) Dreadsteed.

cloudeagle on