Options

[TF2] The Crate Depression

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Doing some map streaming:
    https://www.twitch.tv/ueakcrash/

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    we also haven't seen junkrat or roadhog shorts though, and they seem to be the comic relief characters (at least if the comics are anything to go by)

yeah but I like how TF2's characters are all comic relief except like, the engineer
    this isn't to say that blizzard's doing it wrong by not characterizing them humorously, though, it's just not what I personally want

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hey, the engineer can be funny!

Though yeah, he is definitely the most serious of the main characters by far in the comics they've put out.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Meet the Engineer was all comedy.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I know I'm more excited for the new Doom than Overwatch still right now. Havn't had time to actually sit down and play further than the next level, but goddamn does that feel good.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I didn't even watch a single Overwatch short.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    They're good, you should

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Eh, visually they are cool. The writing is pretty silly and predictable, though.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Eh, visually they are cool. The writing is pretty silly and predictable, though.

but it's blizzard, so we're just happy it's normal media "silly and predictable" and not "literally warcraft III again"

although we're probably not too far from learning the robot uprising was caused by the robots being corrupted by a great, ancient evil

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

but it's blizzard, so we're just happy it's normal media "silly and predictable" and not "literally warcraft III again"

although we're probably not too far from learning the robot uprising was caused by the robots being corrupted by a great, ancient evil

And one sexy and capable female robot that has been antagonistic in the past is the prophesied savior of everyone from an evil beyond time and space

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

And one sexy and capable female robot that has been antagonistic in the past is the prophesied savior of everyone from an evil beyond time and space

Who?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well, she's not a robot (except emotionally and in the writing), but Widowmaker would probably fit the bill. Maybe a bit too close to Kerrigan, but that's never stopped Blizzard before.

I mean, she's already got the "forcibly corrupted" bit out of the way.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, I thought you were referencing a specific character from an older IP

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Kerrigan/Arthas/Leah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Kerrigan/Arthas/Leah

Don't forget
    Illidan.

I love that image series that shows that basically Starcraft and Warcraft have exactly the same story going on.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    also the various characters possessed by the prime evils in diablo 1 and 2

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Kerrigan/Arthas/Leah

But, Kerrigan wasn't a robot?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    oh yeah I think he was adding the robot part for overwatch specifically

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    oh yeah I think he was adding the robot part for overwatch specifically

Ohhh.

Yeah I sometimes take a little bit to catch the meme .

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    hey crash what's your b.net tag

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I had him on once but removed him when he hadn't signed in for 5 months

I remember he said he was going to make hearthstone videos at some point!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I had him on once but removed him when he hadn't signed in for 5 months

I remember he said he was going to make hearthstone videos at some point!

Crash tells lies.

(ueakcrash#1547)

• Options
    that's probably for the best

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    Meet the Engineer was all comedy.

Deadpan comedy though.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    *snip*

(yes, I am posting this here for a reason)

Oh man, I love High-Quality Video Game Rips™!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmFfJFhJ8QY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G144DaBBvH0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLzjWWRUuds

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    @PMAvers you gonna be around near honc-time tonight? Got a map to be uploaded.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm not near a computer at the moment, out of town. Depends on when I get back, might be able to get it up later on.

EDIT: on my way home now, should be there in about a hour.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    GET HONCED SON!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I had to leave to get ready for work, right before the new map, but good games.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    aw shit I forgot because of overwatch

... shiiiiiit

I will definitely be here next week though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Man, I need to start paying attention to hlds_linux again. Was skimming some random ones from a week ago because I was bored on my lunch break and saw one talking/reminding people about requirements tying accounts to the owner's Steam account via a token. There was this bit that was interesting.
    This change will allow us to have a greater level of confidence in game servers, by making it easier to revoke access for bad actors and better tying game servers to their owners. The increased persistence gives us many more opportunities to assign trust to community servers, and to provide them access to features that would otherwise be too open for abuse. It also provides a much better mechanism for dealing with abuse than the current IP-ban system that is both less effective and more painful for server providers that share IPs between clients.

We will have more information once we are ready to begin rolling out
    these features, but I wanted to send this heads up such that current
    admins and server providers can look into integrating this support into
    their setups.

Need to go in to check to see if everything's still setup correctly.

QUIKPLAY PLOX VOLVO GIEV

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    wish overwatch had private dedicated servers and a server browser :(

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh, hey, a new thing in today's update.

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added a new Demo Support feature to auto-record matches
    Can be configured via the Adv. Options menu
    Automatically records .dem files of your matches (or can be set to Manual) and puts them into the specified folder
    Logs killstreaks and bookmarks to a master _events.txt file in the same folder as the recordings so the events can be easily reviewed
    Logs killstreaks and bookmarks for each specific .dem file to .json file that has the same name as the .dem file (see the ds_mark command below)

Supports the following console commands:
    ds_record: manually start a recording
    ds_stop: manually stop recording
    ds_mark [comment]: bookmark the current demo tick count for future reference. The [comment] is an optional descriptor you may include.
    ds_status: report the current recording status

Security fixes (thanks to Diodine for these reports)
    Fixed an exploit related to the Heavy's gloves and blocking the payload cart
    Fixed energy weapons not reloading when using cl_autoreload
    Fixed the team-win dialog not being displayed for SourceTV clients
    Updated several hats to fix the Sniper not removing the hats while taunting
    Added UGC tournament medals for Highlander Seasons 17 and 18, 6v6 Seasons 19 and 20, and 4v4 Seasons 6 and 7
    Updated models/materials for The Dead Head, The Scoped Spartan, The Patriot's Pouches, The Sub Zero Suit, Fear Monger, Co-Pilot, Tough Stuff Muffs, The Toowoomba Tunic, Weight Room Warmer, The Bootie Time, and The Big Elfin Deal
    Updated The Federal Casemaker to hide the Scout's headphones
    Updated the localization files

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Hey Crash, some of the Bungie mappers sat around for ~45 minutes and talked about designing PvP maps for their game. It's a bit casual so it doesn't dig into many of the nitty gritty details, and there's not any amazing trade secrets about mapping in there but it's kind of interesting to hear how the pros have the exact same types of conversations we had about Stoneyridge. And probably any other map we've all worked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNoT9uQx74

My big takeaway is I need some dedicated concept artists.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    wish overwatch had private dedicated servers and a server browser :(

this is my only significant complaint about the game

• Options
    Overwatch still makes it easy to play with friends, right? You form up a party and go in as a team?

I guess if you want to kill friends that's a bit of an annoyance but I think kids today actually prefer it this way.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Overwatch still makes it easy to play with friends, right? You form up a party and go in as a team?

I guess if you want to kill friends that's a bit of an annoyance but I think kids today actually prefer it this way.

There's actually a way to right click and select prefer or avoid this player. So you can go into a custom game to play against them, right click on their names to prefer them, and it will be more likely you'll play agianst theri team. Even without doing it, I've seen a couple of PA guys on the other team trying to kill us, and sometimes a full 6 man team. I -think- it might do some automatic preference of friends all by itself.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

yeah but I miss the days when there was always a server full of people I knew around and people could jump in and out really easily

whereas now if they want to join the group they have to sit around and wait for the game to finish, then we all have to sit and wait while matchmaking does its thing

they make it about as easy as it can be with dedicated servers and matchmaking, but those things are inherently disruptive to the experience that I'm looking for and there's only so much they can do about it