As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner - Neuromancer the card game!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    good for any apoc/QC/notoriety stuff too i suppose

that's p niche though

sig.gif
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    It'd probably be pretty neat combo'd with non-program ways of breaking subroutines but those are so rare I can't really think of one other than Always Be Running and clicking through bioroids

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    It'd probably be pretty neat combo'd with non-program ways of breaking subroutines but those are so rare I can't really think of one other than Always Be Running and clicking through bioroids

yeah Jak letting Adam click through two subroutines anywhere would be super cool...if Adam didn't desperately need to spend his entire influence on basic competencies :<

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »

yeah Jak letting Adam click through two subroutines anywhere would be super cool...if Adam didn't desperately need to spend his entire influence on basic competencies :<

That's the frustrating thing about the mini-factions: the influence goes real fast and it seems like they're all still missing something afterwards.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Also, Jak doesn't get you around the forced run from Always Be Running...do you really want to run twice every turn? (Assuming you aren't loaded down with Security Testings and Desperados, obv)

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    running often seems useful against horizontal decks but only if you can pay for it, and how do you do that out of adam

sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Random stupid thought of the day: using An Offer You Can't Refuse to mess with Film Critic dickheads.

Since the run happens on your turn, that means you're the active player and get to pick the order things resolve, right? That basically turns back on all that NBN stuff that triggers on access.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Random stupid thought of the day: using An Offer You Can't Refuse to mess with Film Critic dickheads.

Since the run happens on your turn, that means you're the active player and get to pick the order things resolve, right? That basically turns back on all that NBN stuff that triggers on access.

1. Remember that Offer is centrals-only, so this pretty much only works on Archives (though maybe that's what you intended)
    2. The order is all current player triggers, then all opponent triggers (not just "you pick"). So yes, you do get your 5 credits from Explode-a-palooza before it gets sucked away onto the Film Critic, though since you paid 4 for Offer, this doesn't seem that great...

I guess if the opponent hasn't scored any points yet, you could do something like Offer on Archives with 3x Explode-a-palooza for +11 credits, then double Punitive Counterstrike. :P

Fry on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »

1. Remember that Offer is centrals-only, so this pretty much only works on Archives (though maybe that's what you intended)
    2. The order is all current player triggers, then all opponent triggers (not just "you pick"). So yes, you do get your 5 credits from Explode-a-palooza before it gets sucked away onto the Film Critic, though since you paid 4 for Offer, this doesn't seem that great...

I guess if the opponent hasn't scored any points yet, you could do something like Offer on Archives with 3x Explode-a-palooza for +11 credits, then double Punitive Counterstrike. :P

Clearly you run it out of harpsichord and then you're golden!

• Options
    drug dealer completely destroys government takeover decks
    it's nice

sig.gif
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Someone on this thread is going to be excited:

vVnRiTm.jpg

• Options
    boo

booooooooooooooooooo

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I hate to say it, but I don't think it's legit

they've never spoiled store champ prizes before Worlds before

also that art is almost identical to the Kit stuff from last year

the hex pattern is the same, just blue instead of green

the plaque doesn't have any art on it, just text, and that would be a step back from last year

and they didn't show the alt-art card at all

e: actually turns out I'm wrong and it is legit

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/10/2/announcing-2016-store-championships/

alt-art card will be Jackson Howard

Shorty on
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Someone on this thread is going to be excited:

vVnRiTm.jpg

This is a play mat I will keep and use :)
    Going to try and get a life time supply of deck boxes :)

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I can't wait to try and get a play set of alt-art Jackson.

• Options
    Man, that's like the least enthusiastic I've ever been for a OP kit.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    There is so much to learn in this game!

I've been playing a Gabe deck that is built around working HQ hard and being as cheap as possible when doing it with a bit of R&D backup thrown in for good measure and my friend built a deck with the corp ID that starts with 10 credits and 1 bad publicity and is built entirely around flatlining the runner.

First game I open with Account Siphon and forgot about the tags (again) so I still had one when it went back to him and he scorched earth me for the win.
    Second game I managed to last more than 1.5 rounds and it turned into a credit slugfest where I was getting as many credits as I could from every source I had (Gabe + Desperado, Bank Job, Sure Gamble, The resource that you can either put three credits on or take all credits) and we were fighting over traces, I was having to absorb snares and pay for tags until finally, finally I won by stealing agendas.

But seriously, we were dropping 8 or 10 credits on traces as a matter of course. It got ridiculous.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Leeeeeeeeela mat!

@cerberus btw man I went back to my Leela deck the last two weeks and made a few changes including adding an Atman and not gonna lie it's been kinda great so far.

Swapped out the dirty laundries for code busting and liking it. Still not sure about gang sign- it's either amazing or I never use it for anything worthwhile.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Alt art Jackson makes me happy. Wish i could see the art!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Alt art Jackson makes me happy. Wish i could see the art!

I'm sure he's just giving Noise the middle finger.

• Options
    naaaahhh

noise counters j-ho, not the other way around

• Options
    That's... not how it went down historically, though. Our Lord and Savior J-How delivered us from the hell of Noiseshop back in the day.

Granted, Noise has gotten enough tricks over time to be a threat again, but goddamn that deck was unfun to play against.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    for some reason I never thought it was terribly oppressive

I just looked at it as making the game a lot faster

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So how is the game going around here?

I'm getting back into it after being on hiatus since.. well.. since SanSan started coming out, honestly. SanSan burned me the hell out. This weekend, I played in a local tourney, getting 4th out of 10 with a score of 4-4. I played pretty much vanilla net-decked versions of Thug Life Leela and Remember the Titans Titan Transnational, which both fit into my playstyle incredibly well. We also started our league, and I went 1-1.

Everyone was surprised at how unbelievably different my decks were from the standards on show. Oh, sure, Gang Sign and Leela seems pretty obvious, but there are so many insane things that can play off of it.

I can't wait to get ahold of Adam and see if I can get him working. Sunny Lebeau is scary as all hell, but doesn't terribly fit my style.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Played in the SWC finals of the ANRPC today! Only 12 people, which was surprisingly small, so 4 rounds cut to top 4. Placed 6th, sadly. Split games all day. Valencia, who was the star last time, went only 1-3 today. Had I won just one more of my games, I would have made the cut.

Lesson to learn - don't Queen's Gambit naked Astros.

Also, played against a new Power Shutdown deck - Titan with three Shipment from San San, Power Shutdown, Accelerated Diagnostics, and Vanity Project. Jackson on the table already. That was sad. A Gabe also managed to top-deck a winning 3-point agenda from my HB, with only 3 agendas left in about 25 cards. That's Netrunner!

Still, got a ton of alt-art IDs, a cool wooden RP ID, a femme bypass token (the lips), and some free sleeves, so not all was lost.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm jealous of all you cool people getting cool prizes. ;)

Here's the other game from regionals I mentioned. In a meta loaded with RP, the length of this set was certainly a standout, running counter to most sets going to time.
    https://youtu.be/U69FTQRS_qU
    I do not score a Government Takeover. I first score High-Risk Investment, and then an NAPD with my 3rd pull.

• Options
    Alright I think I have to admit the current jinteki.net build is the superior experience to OCTGN (server running out of space and RSI on ones clicking finger aside).

Being able to get someone who had never played netrunner to go from facebook comment->actual game in under a minute is pretty amazing. Though the shortcuts and targeting grammar of OCTGN means the knowledgeable can play faster having something enforce the timing structure and a 'click on game space/card, options for game space/card' interface model is just so much better for teaching.

• Options
    Man I feel like you guys are using a different Jinteki.net than me. It's SO laggy and it's really unforgiving with mistake correction. I was playing my Gagarin deck last week and wanted to rez Public Support at the end of the runner turn so it'd tick down. Well, due to lag, I clicked it, and then double clicked it not sure if it had been registered. Well it had and then it derezzed itself on the double click. I'm not 100% sure why anything should derez like that since there's no mechanical in game reason to derez anything like that, it should be a menu thing but whatever. When I rerez it, it added three more power counters. Okay, just move to hand and reinstall it. Nope, can't do. Well, what if I start my turn, reinstall, give myself an extra click, and remove a power counter. Nope, no way to manipulate the power counters as far as I can tell.

I agree the way it enforces things might be better for new people but man, that lag also makes games take a million times longer.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Man I feel like you guys are using a different Jinteki.net than me. It's SO laggy and it's really unforgiving with mistake correction. I was playing my Gagarin deck last week and wanted to rez Public Support at the end of the runner turn so it'd tick down. Well, due to lag, I clicked it, and then double clicked it not sure if it had been registered. Well it had and then it derezzed itself on the double click. I'm not 100% sure why anything should derez like that since there's no mechanical in game reason to derez anything like that, it should be a menu thing but whatever. When I rerez it, it added three more power counters. Okay, just move to hand and reinstall it. Nope, can't do. Well, what if I start my turn, reinstall, give myself an extra click, and remove a power counter. Nope, no way to manipulate the power counters as far as I can tell.

I agree the way it enforces things might be better for new people but man, that lag also makes games take a million times longer.

The server is in Europe I think which can have a big affect depending on their setup (octgn can lag like woah for me for the opposite reason of the servers being in NA), plus may have the advantage of playing at Europe user number times rather than America user number times with regard for lag.

• Options
    1 of All-Seeing I is ridiculous. Oh you're doing some Sunny Underworld Contacts/Data Folding shit? Goodbye to all of that. The Leela DLR WNP Paparazzi deck? Get that shit off my board. Just doing Wyldcakes Aesops Noise? Fuck that too.

Also that aforementioned Leela deck is fun.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It is my new goal to play All Seeing I and Closed Accounts on someone in the same turn.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular

This is my main beef with jinteki.net - it's basically impossible to correct misclicks and other miscellaneous fuck-ups, and it's not sufficiently idiot-proof (speaking as a colossal idiot) for that not to be a problem.

• Options
    Epimer wrote: »

This is my main beef with jinteki.net - it's basically impossible to correct misclicks and other miscellaneous fuck-ups, and it's not sufficiently idiot-proof (speaking as a colossal idiot) for that not to be a problem.

Yeah. That with the lag is basically my biggest problem since it prevents you from fixing lag errors. I think sure, in the long run, Jinteki is a better ideal. Some kind of MTGO interface that automatically enforces the rules for you.

• Options

On the moving to hand issue, you can drag things to the heap/archives first and then to the hand.

Agreed on the power counters though. OTH I've been scorched/net damaged so often on OCTGN by over eager opponents when I've had reactions - a looser model has problems as well :).

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    It is my new goal to play All Seeing I and Closed Accounts on someone in the same turn.

Seeing your tag me opponent hit an information overload followed by a universal connectivity fee is da best feeling.

• Options
    So News Team works out of archives. I did not realize that. Despite taking two news teams for -1 point because I wasn't yet ready to go tag me. I still crushed this fool earlier. I think I'm in love with DLR Leela.

• Options
    Yay for alt-art Jackson Howard finally! Boo for being a store championship kit (fairly limited supply) rather than being the door prize for game night kits (basically infinite supply). I need all the Jacksons (as does anyone else who wants to have more than one deck sleeved at a time)

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Yay for alt-art Jackson Howard finally! Boo for being a store championship kit (fairly limited supply) rather than being the door prize for game night kits (basically infinite supply). I need all the Jacksons (as does anyone else who wants to have more than one deck sleeved at a time)

Yeah that's pretty annoying. Making them basically infinite would be helpful for everyone.

• Options
    1 of All-Seeing I is ridiculous. Oh you're doing some Sunny Underworld Contacts/Data Folding shit? Goodbye to all of that. The Leela DLR WNP Paparazzi deck? Get that shit off my board. Just doing Wyldcakes Aesops Noise? Fuck that too.

Also that aforementioned Leela deck is fun.

how do you get the tag?

sig.gif