As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Super Happy Funtimes [Democratic Primary Thread] In Which We All Get Along

19899100101102104»

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Voting "no" on the Iraq war isn't a "protest vote".

It's "doing the right thing".

She's getting eviscerated for her vote now. So she had a tough choice to make; vote no on the war and take the hit (such that it would have been, I guess?) for it back then, but be vindicated by history, or vote yes on the war and look good for going along with the crowd while it was popular but take a hit later on, with the added wrinkle of having a tougher time being vindicated for her decision.

It stinks either way! It's a tough choice, but that's what politics is, and I don't think she made the right one.

• Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Opty wrote: »
    2) She's Hillary Clinton, a person well known to the nation and politics at large, so if she voted no--regardless of what state she was a senator of--it'd be much more noticeable than say an Independent Representative from Vermont voting no.

So, again, at a time when her leadership position in the party would have made her vote particularly visible and meaningful, she failed to lead -- at least, failed to lead in the right direction. And now she is running to be the leader of the country.

Hachface on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    yeah

she can still do better than "it seemed like a good idea at the time", because it didn't

not only has she not said this, she has been asked the question in debates already so there's really no need to look forward to them

she said she believed giving Bush the go ahead would be used as leverage, not to actually start a war, unless they found good reason

call that whatever you want but she was asked and it was answered.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    also lol at the complete cavalier sleaziness of "it seems to me like you won't accept or believe anything she says on this issue" in response to me directly stating "I am looking for her to say anything on this issue so that I can change my position"

just, wow

She's discussed the issue, at length, a number of times. What's she's on record saying isn't enough for you and your example of what you would accept as a response isn't all that reasonable either.

I don't think it's all that sleazy to come to the conclusion, that given those two conditions, there isn't anything she can do on this subject to change your opinion.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    This thread is due for a break. There will not be another one for a time. I encourage purportedly intelligent people to use that time to learn how to tamp down the out-of-control shittiness and passive-aggression that has seized them.

This discussion has been closed.