As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]ing in the 90's

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    That's true 90s cartoons were pretty sweet.

Loved me some Gargoyles and Animaniacs.

Holy shit Gargoyles is still my jam. That shit was ground breaking.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    2015-07-06_new_10926718_I4.JPG

Those were the days

(Not that this doesn't still happen, just somewhere else)

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Missed a lot of 90's shit by being out of the country from 95-99 (and like pretty disconnected from pop culture before that, even for a little kid.) But I was invested with a lifelong love of the Italian pop group 883.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y7RM8VeXJk

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Bill Clinton was president

People still had big 80s hair

Gay people didnt have the cultural relevance or power to be treated seriously in any way and had no legal protection

Kids loved pogs

tbf there was that one episode of The Simpsons where John Waters plays a gay guy who saved Bart and Homer's lives.

That's almost up there with marriage equality.

AIDS drugs were not yet effective enough to prevent a slow death

Everyone played the Oregon trail

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    *plugs phone line into back of Dreamcast*

*boots up browser*

*logs into chat*

welcome to the future gentlemen

So we'll see a post every 20 pages or so?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Also just had a 70 minute meeting about why it would be bad for my company to become a 100% ESOP S-Corp. Um...OK? Let's not do that then? It was sort of interesting, but only 15 minutes worth of interesting.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Bill Clinton was president

People still had big 80s hair

Gay people didnt have the cultural relevance or power to be treated seriously in any way and had no legal protection

Kids loved pogs

tbf there was that one episode of The Simpsons where John Waters plays a gay guy who saved Bart and Homer's lives.

That's almost up there with marriage equality.

AIDS drugs were not yet effective enough to prevent a slow death

Everyone played the Oregon trail

12728883_845861768855721_577927605052057852_n.jpg?oh=63679b5fc4af287d7668a4adb0d94500&oe=576F9B36

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

Oh god I kept a journal for Myst and Riven just to help with the puzzles.

So many hours spent

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Waifu material hair right here.

I don't full understand why I find crazy hair color so attractive but I most certainly do.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    do you think they'll really set this one to recycle at 97 pages since that's the next number down you guys?
    do you think my cunning stunt will work?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I just remembered the heavy pog you use on the stack of pogs is called a slammer. Don't remember how the hell pogs were played, pretty sure everyone just made up their own rules in school.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    71456.jpg

Do you remember the nineteen ninety's, Norma?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    do you think they'll really set this one to recycle at 97 pages since that's the next number down you guys?

No.
    No.
    Eat at Arby's.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    ate. too. many. tacos.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i remember pogs happening but i never got into them

seemed kinda dumb

unlike my interests such as smoking pot and writing shitty song lyrics

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    eat fresh

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    ate. too. many. tacos.

Braggart.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ate. too. many. tacos.

i don't think that's a thing

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Late 90's music was ass. Punk did pretty well though.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Whenever I hear/see the name Cibo Matto I can never think of anything but Birthday Cake from Jet Grind Radio

EXTRA SUGAR EXTRA SPICE

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    30 mins left in work

Hurry up, passage of time

• Options

seemed kinda dumb

When pogs came out you were like 30 so..

• Options
    hey are we talking about ska

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcggQ-npHs

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

seemed kinda dumb

pog stand at my mall was apparently a front for dealing pot. which i guess makes sense.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    kedinik wrote: »
    I went back to XCOM 2 yesterday. Now I am wondering why Snipers are called Snipers instead of Pistol Gods.

Well, now that they're called "Sharpshooters", you have the option of Raylan Givens or Tim Gutterson.

Raylan wins this round...long rifle sharpshooters don't feel nearly as meaty as they did in XCOM - especially given hitpoint inflation, no shred, better enemy dodge, and the fact that Grenadiers and Supports have a bunch of ways to put out $TEXAS AOE non-RNG damage. Typically I'm plinking with Lightning Hands and dedicated pistol attacks half the time, anyways.

I always bring one with me, and half the time I'm thinking "You know, I could really use another Grenadier right now." She's Captain Flashbang. Maybe I'll roll another once I buy plasma pistols, and have her on close-range duty.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I went back to XCOM 2 yesterday. Now I am wondering why Snipers are called Snipers instead of Pistol Gods.

Well, now that they're called "Sharpshooters", you have the option of Raylan Givens or Tim Gutterson.

Raylan wins this round...long rifle sharpshooters don't feel nearly as meaty as they did in XCOM - especially given hitpoint inflation, no shred, better enemy dodge, and the fact that Grenadiers and Supports have a bunch of ways to put out $TEXAS AOE non-RNG damage. Typically I'm plinking with Lightning Hands and dedicated pistol attacks half the time, anyways.

I always bring one with me, and half the time I'm thinking "You know, I could really use another Grenadier right now." She's Captain Flashbang. Maybe I'll roll another once I buy plasma pistols, and have her on close-range duty.

once you get plasma grenades you won't really need the flashbangs

you'll just murder everyone

but early on so good for the radius

• Options

kill zone is the only really useful sharpshooter perk, that i've found, and then only once a fight and if you can set it up at the right time

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

This post is very spoonerism-able.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

yeah it is i could have accidentally said next number instead of next number

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    the 90s were kind of like the 60s redux

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

yeah it is i could have accidentally said next number instead of next number

I was talking about how you could have said "dumber nown" obviously

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    the 90s were kind of like the 60s redux

somewhat yeah

but also with a disco revival thrown in

This discussion has been closed.