Options

Netrunner: Live out all your dorkiest cyberpunk fantasies through the medium of card games

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The golden rule is that if a card contradicts the rules, you follow what's printed on the card

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I might be getting back into this game.

I built a Gabe deck on jinteki.

I am real rusty though.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of in a rut with this game

I just cannot figure out how to play runner effectively

I feel like I'm constantly struggling to keep up with the corp money-wise, I fall for traps like a sucker constantly, and once they get their centrals protected and a scoring server set up I feel totally powerless

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The current meta vs corp is a real brutal, grueling slog in alot of games.

I wouldn't worry too hard if you feel it hard to be stable as the runner.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm kind of in a rut with this game

I just cannot figure out how to play runner effectively

I feel like I'm constantly struggling to keep up with the corp money-wise, I fall for traps like a sucker constantly, and once they get their centrals protected and a scoring server set up I feel totally powerless

try geist

i mean this seriously, if you get his suite of icebreakers up money just kinda stops mattering because you can pressure R&D incredibly hard

it's beginner friendly as hell

• Options
    i actually have more problems as the corp just because i need to figure out how to nail the flow of play with Chronos Protocol

I can either score or pressure the runner, but not both yet

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, what's with all the single sentence lines with double spacing? Are you all writing Netrunner haikus?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Welcome to se plus plus

Enjoy your stay

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah that's just kinda the way people tend to write 'round hurr

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    What runner have you been playing the most, Speed?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    mostly leela but i've tried noise, whizzard, gabe, and right now i'm foolin' around with valencia

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I just built a (probably shitty) Jinteki Replicating Perfection deck. Anyone wanna play me?

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I just built a (probably shitty) Jinteki Replicating Perfection deck. Anyone wanna play me?
    I'm game. You want me to run nerdy shit, or do you want to play casuals?

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Blue map wrote: »

Eh, probably super casual. I've not played in more than a year so I'm just foolin round.

My Jinteki.net name is jarofmoldymayo, what is yours so I can look for your game?

• Options
    Blue map wrote: »

Eh, probably super casual. I've not played in more than a year so I'm just foolin round.

My Jinteki.net name is jarofmoldymayo, what is yours so I can look for your game?
    I'm on as Zamsam. I'll go ahead and host a match.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Speed remind me what timezone you are in relation to GMT?
    We could sort out a training session.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the match Blue Map.

Real unlucky that you accessed 2 of my agendas with that run event.

Especially since I had already top decked so many of them considering I only have 8 total in that deck.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Thanks for the match Blue Map.

Real unlucky that you accessed 2 of my agendas with that run event.

Especially since I had already top decked so many of them considering I only have 8 total in that deck.
    Yeah, I wont lie I got lucky. Losing an agenda would have been one thing, but losing two was just really bad rng.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Wait how does Rebirth work in regard to deck size & influence legality, and pre-game abilities?

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Wait how does Rebirth work in regard to deck size & influence legality, and pre-game abilities?

It doesn't affect that stuff. Legality checks and etc are done at the beginning of the game

• Options
    Oh man some of the new cards have made chronos protocol real gimmicky and fun huh

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

It doesn't affect that stuff. Legality checks and etc are done at the beginning of the game

yep

you can build an Andromeda deck and rebirth into Stirling on turn one if you like

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Speed remind me what timezone you are in relation to GMT?
    We could sort out a training session.

I'm at GMT -5

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I got trashed hard enough in league matches both here and Irl that I sort of feel disinterested in continuing to play

I enjoy the core game but every person I play has some sort of crazy combo or gimmicks that completely runs over me and the game has become unfun as a result

I'm to the point where if someone is playing nbn I leave the game immediately.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Chincy let's play casuals at some point soon!

• Options
    I got trashed hard enough in league matches both here and Irl that I sort of feel disinterested in continuing to play

I enjoy the core game but every person I play has some sort of crazy combo or gimmicks that completely runs over me and the game has become unfun as a result

I'm to the point where if someone is playing nbn I leave the game immediately.

Chinchilla play against me.

I need casual opponents, I don't like competitive play.

• Options
    Sure, sometime this week

I'm working on doing some building right now, trying to make myself interested in the game again

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I just tore apart all 4 of my decks and built four new ones, I'm going to play some jenteki and then try to play with some people from here

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Alright folks, I have updated the scores and we have a bracket for round 3! http://challonge.com/PAFANR

Maddoc, since chincy has dropped out you have the bye I'm afraid.

Also just want to mention again about the prizes we have for this! Our very own Cerberus is being kind enough to supply some promos (play mat, alt-art ID and alt-art ice) that will be going out to the winner of the whole thing, plus two more randomly chosen newer players who are in the league as well!

@MNC Dover
    @Speed Racer
    @Maddoc
    @admanb
    @Shorty
    @Nisi
    @Neaden
    @Blue map
    @Albino Bunny
    @Ethea
    @Lykouragh
    @Dis'
    @Cerberus
    @WeedLordvegeta
    @carnarvon

• Options
    We need to organize our physical netrunner collection and we haven't even gotten the binders yet and my brother and I were arguing whether or not to organize them by faction> card type> cost or name and I wanted to also separate them by set/cycle so that as one binder fills up over time it'll be easier to search for specific cards from certain sets.

• Options
    I do Faction>Type>Release Order>Alphabetical

if I had them in boxes instead of binders I'd probably do Faction>Type>Alphabetical

• Options
    Our current box situation is a nightmare.

They are like, not sorted at all.

• Options
    I do faction/type/cost

if I'm looking for a specific card if I know all that I can usually find it pretty fast

• Options
    I just do faction > alphabetical

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Alphabetically by artist first initial, then number of letters in the card title, then influence cost

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I go by set, card number, and then "that giant pile of cards I've taken out of my decks recently and havn't put back in the binders yet."

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I group by Faction > Type and that is about it.

The big thing is that I have two boxes, one for cards that are actually usable and another (larger) one for the binder fodder cards. This split between good/bad cards really helps speed up building decks.

• Options
    Ethea wrote: »
    I group by Faction > Type and that is about it.

The big thing is that I have two boxes, one for cards that are actually usable and another (larger) one for the binder fodder cards. This split between good/bad cards really helps speed up building decks.

yeah once the collection outgrows the current four binders I'm gonna cull all the chaff and put it into boxes

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I'm also faction/type/cost, and I treat assets and upgrades as 1 "type" because I'm just that kind of guy :)

• Options