As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    I really don't know how Square got it in their head that what people really wanted was a bad CG movie with rpg elements tacked on

You really had to be there to appreciate how MIND BLOWING the graphics were.

My brother made a save point right before
    Cloud gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth and the Weapons are released

So he could go back and watch that cutscene.

Oh no, I meant every Final Fantasy from 10 onward. They really got the wrong take away from Spirits Within

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Robutt

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    One of the drawbacks of living in Podunk, USA is we don't have food delivery.

I am in no shape to drive and I'm suddenly dying for some Quiznos broccoli and cheese soup.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I really don't know how Square got it in their head that what people really wanted was a bad CG movie with rpg elements tacked on

Playing it at the time felt like an exponential increase in what video games were capable of. It was, at the time, incredible.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also, FF8 > FF7 yeah I said it.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    One of the drawbacks of living in Podunk, USA is we don't have food delivery.

I am in no shape to drive and I'm suddenly dying for some Quiznos broccoli and cheese soup.

getmagicnow.com

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    damn it RMS

wat i do :cry:

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Also, FF8 > FF7 yeah I said it.

Its final boss theme is superior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Someone in my class uses the Windows start-up noise to notify them of texts.

I am now convinced that he is a monster.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

You really had to be there to appreciate how MIND BLOWING the graphics were.

My brother made a save point right before
    Cloud gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth and the Weapons are released

So he could go back and watch that cutscene.

Oh no, I meant every Final Fantasy from 10 onward. They really got the wrong take away from Spirits Within

X, fine, XIII, sure, but XII's great, fuck the haters, also pretty damn open.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NjT1QYFfxo
    I didn't play FFVII back in the day, but I imagine people who haven't played it since then remember the FMV as being less blurry even on those CRT TVs.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 3.6

@Atomika will create the new thread
    @Bogart is backup

This discussion has been closed.