As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 5.0] New Support Sniper Ana, coming soon!

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Genji is hard to play really well

Like the skill is actually apparent

the great genjis wear their skill on their sleeves....

using his melee dash not to damage you, but to boost all over around you turning you around and around... and using wall jump to gain height via triangle jumping all over the dang place..... Those are the nightmare genjis..... they come at you from angles and speeds you just don't see in many fps-s

Its embarrassing when i try to play genji.... they make it look so simple.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Finally got a play of the game.

On Junkrat.

After my PUG team of Hanzos and Widowmakers was so uncoordinated and flailing around in their inability to capture a point that I said "fuck playing support, I'm going to have fun losing and Junkrat it up for the last minute or so".

Killed two enemies and a turret with grenade spam, killed two more with the following rip tire.

Team still lost.

"Pyrrhic victory of the game..."

• Options
    KisidanKisidan Registered User regular
    I'm getting real sick of random people telling others how to play the game.

No, dude, I just watched you stream ahead right into the line of fire as Zenyatta a half a dozen times. You don't get to tell that other dude that he shouldn't be playing Junkrat because 'we need to push'. Seriously.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Finally got a play of the game.

On Junkrat.

After my PUG team of Hanzos and Widowmakers was so uncoordinated and flailing around in their inability to capture a point that I said "fuck playing support, I'm going to have fun losing and Junkrat it up for the last minute or so".

Killed two enemies and a turret with grenade spam, killed two more with the following rip tire.

Team still lost.

"Pyrrhic victory of the game..."

I swear more than half of the P'sOTG I see come from the losing team.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I saw a POTG the other day with a Zennata where he threw out an orb of harmony, then an orb of discord and then circled around pushing the payload for a few seconds. Got no eliminations and didn't even use his left or right click.

Best POTG ever!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I saw a POTG the other day with a Zennata where he threw out an orb of harmony, then an orb of discord and then circled around pushing the payload for a few seconds. Got no eliminations and didn't even use his left or right click.

Best POTG ever!

In some of the pubs I played recently that damn well could have gotten him gold on objective time.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Hah!

Last night my buddy had a similar potg.

He was Hanzo, fires one random arrow and apparently killed someone who had just started an Ult (though we didn't see it or where the arrow even went!). The rest of the potg was him staring at the ground cause his work called. :biggrin:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Hah!

Last night my buddy had a similar potg.

He was Hanzo, fires one random arrow and apparently killed someone who had just started an Ult (though we didn't see it or where the arrow even went!). The rest of the potg was him staring at the ground cause his work called. :biggrin:

Known as the torbjorn manuever

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Do we know about additional maps/characters and possible ETAs? I know it just came out - but curious nonetheless.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The Brawl sucks this week... what's the point of the increased cooldowns?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    more rifling

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I really had never played 76 live before the brawl and yeah it's over quick and ugly but he is fun and flexable

• Options

I haven't played it yet but it made me think it wanted to be COD-lite.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

The point is that we're all soldiers now

Also considering the halved health it would become a "whose team is better at helix rockets" fest w/o the increased cooldown. Well, even more so than it already is, anyways.

Orphane on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    it seems like it would have been better to increase the pulse rifle damage (to make it more lethal, in line with other assault-rifle-y shooters?) but i bet they were too lazy to just increase the pulse rifle damage instead of increasing his damage globally

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Ohhh, I didn't realize they halved the HP. I only played 2 rounds of Ilios before Battle.net crapped out last night. That makes more sense then. Still not too fond of it, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FlailingElbowsFlailingElbows Registered User regular
    I added myself to the PC spreadsheet, some people please for the love of god add me so I can stop playing pugs all the time. Have mic will communicate where that Reaper is.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I never touch this game's Brawl mode. To my knowledge it does not give a loot crate in the same vein of Hearthstone Tavern Brawls giving you one free card pack for your first Brawl win.

And without the loot incentive, I look at its crazy rules which don't really seem appealing on their own compared to the normal game and shrug. At least some of the Hearthstone Brawls have fun merits of their own when compared with normal Constructed and Arena. I don't see the same game play novelty or appeal in Overwatch Brawls yet; it looks more like a tacked on hero swap gimmicks mode intended to flesh out the mode selection screen then something that brings anything genuinely unique to the game.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Kisidan wrote: »
    I'm getting real sick of random people telling others how to play the game.

No, dude, I just watched you stream ahead right into the line of fire as Zenyatta a half a dozen times. You don't get to tell that other dude that he shouldn't be playing Junkrat because 'we need to push'. Seriously.

Or the guy that spams the attack the objective button, runs in solo, dies, then bitches about how the team is too passive and no one is backing him up. It's like, yeah, we didn't back you up because we were respawning, on account of all the 5v6s you have been forcing.

• Options
    You still earn XP in Brawl, just AI levels instead of quick play for some stupid reason.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    You still earn XP in Brawl, just AI levels instead of quick play for some stupid reason.

AI levels?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

AI levels?

As in, the same amount of XP you'd gain for queueing into a match vs. AI

• Options
    You earn significantly less XP playing co-op against AI, than you do playing Quick Play. I should've said "amounts" instead of levels :P

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I added myself to the PC spreadsheet, some people please for the love of god add me so I can stop playing pugs all the time. Have mic will communicate where that Reaper is.

Add like 5-10 people you recognize/would enjoy getting to know better, and then use the built in battle.net feature to start adding more folks you have in common with those new people on your list.

All games are better with friends :+1:

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah the lack of any kind of incentive (even a minor XP bonus) for the playing the Brawl is something I find odd. Not that I think it is necessary exactly, but it just seems like the kind of "no duh" thing that would be there. It's omission I find bizarre.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Nothin' more satisfyin'. Though to be fair he could've shot me three times over - but hey, his loss.

https://youtu.be/NP83fSE7wZg

• Options
    Nothin' more satisfyin'. Though to be fair he could've shot me three times over - but hey, his loss.

https://youtu.be/NP83fSE7wZg

nice!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That there is a McCree that got greedy and wanted to deadeye more than one target.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sorry if anyone got offended by the word "Calvary" in the thread title. I was tired.

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Sorry if anyone got offended by the word "Calvary" in the thread title. I was tired.

Thank goodness. :p

• Options
    KisidanKisidan Registered User regular
    I have so much fun with Tracer.

I rarely feel like I can pick her because usually I'm going tank/support/someone else is already a Genji or Tracer, but there is nothing more fun to me than diving around the back and causing mass panic by poking at people before dashing off.

I am a terrible person.

• Options
    So, Microsoft is talking about bringing KBAM compatibility to Xbone in the coming months.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    So, Microsoft is talking about bringing KBAM compatibility to Xbone in the coming months.

I'll take "Horrible ideas for a $1000" Alex.

• Options

I'll take "Horrible ideas for a $1000" Alex.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

• Options
    I'm kind of torn. I'm afraid that if it does go through it will do things both good and bad.

Good - KBAM means that control on Xbone meets parity with PC, and balance changes to console don't have to be drastically different, for Xbone, at least.

Bad - Creates a division between KBAM and controller users that could definitely become a huge issue.

• Options
    For some reason I thought I was in the E3 thread... still sounds like a good idea, though. I mean it's a good idea if you're going to take advantage of using KBAM.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    They just hate or love Windowmaker.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    The control mediums are just way too different. The whole Widow thing pretty well illustrates that. She wasn't an issue on console but was a terror on PC. Unless their is some other difference that comes down to control method.

Basically I can't think of a better way to murder the console communities than to have the general audience try and controller it up against folks using mice and their increased accuracy. It will quickly lead to a feeling of unfairness and that's when you lose folks.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Wouldn't matchmaking take care of the imbalance though? If KBM gives you a big advantage, you get a few easy wins, but then your rating will go up and you will either go against other KBM users or pro controller users. Average players that use a controller will stay about the same rating, and only get matched with other controller users or KBM users that are below average.

This discussion has been closed.