As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take this [job] and perform it to the best of your ability.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT OF TWELVE HOUR SHIFTS

OVER

MOTHER OF GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER

Hot damn dude! Hope you made some fucking bank on that.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

OVER

so you have enough for retirement now?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

OVER

Hot damn dude! Hope you made some fucking bank on that.

I get a salary that only changes with time and rank.
    Also a few grand in per diem >>

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »

OVER

Pfft.

I get a pension.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

OVER

Pfft.

I get a pension.

We'll see about that...

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    something I keep forgetting about is that my position is a developmental one, which involves a non-competitive promotion that will be at the very least a 25% salary increase on my starting salary.

and looking at possible career trajectories, it doesn't seem at all implausible to end up pretty high on the salary range by mid-career.

boy I wish I could start sooner i'm getting antsy

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    something I keep forgetting about is that my position is a developmental one, which involves a non-competitive promotion that will be at the very least a 25% salary increase on my starting salary.

and looking at possible career trajectories, it doesn't seem at all implausible to end up pretty high on the salary range by mid-career.

boy I wish I could start sooner i'm getting antsy

Yeah, promotion with those types are nearly automatic for the first few. If you don't mind challenging yourself and moving around a bit both positions and possibly location/agency, you can promote faster. Plus you get a steady raise each year/2 years. Overall its not a bad gig.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Honestly the only problem I'm going to see with this job is challenging myself. Which is why I know I'll be moving from time to time just to keep myself challenged, and that in itself comes with pay.

I just spent like 2 hours last night looking at a lot of these different kind of things for this career and what ways I could utilize specific PhD programs to get more out of it

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    It's amusing to see a man stare at me like a scared chicken from across the site, then flee out the door.

Had he not kept looking at me so quickly, I never would have noticed him.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    it was a holiday on friday here, and i had to work friday night/sat morning, but it counts as a full "saturday" shift so i miss out on the holiday pay.

oh well. i took my next set of shifts off so after my third nigt i have a full week off which is super sweet.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    our helpdesk 1 quit 2 weeks ago. So i tapped the guy I was mentoring at my old job. He won't change jobs because my current place is contract to hire. I'm super bummed :/

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

OVER

I'd say drinks are on you, but you'll probably be in a coma for a week or so.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Spent my whole hour lunch on the toilet

Kill me

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    That sounds like a terrible place to eat lunch.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I spent 12 hours moving to a new apartment today.

Around hour 9, I stepped out on the rear balcony, didn't realize the door closed behind me, and locked myself out. I live on the second floor.

Front door was wide open, car was wide open, nobody was around the back of the apartment building. Fortunately I had my phone in my pocket and a friend of mine had to drive twenty minutes to open the door for me.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    This is a post to complain about my fellow supervisors slacking the fuck off yesterday while the manager was out, leaving more work for me to do because I actually give a damn.

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

OVER

I'd say drinks are on you, but you'll probably be in a coma for a week or so.

Nope. I'm still working through to Sunday, flying home and getting there Monday, and going to work on Tuesday.

Come Thursday though yeah it's coma time.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    That sounds like a terrible place to eat lunch.

Had diarrhea for three days. Left early last night because my blood sugar crashed hard I think. Then just now I went to help the load driver open the door of his truck and a pallet had busted open spilling crates on me.

Weaver on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I don't post in here much, but we had a guy come in and, apropos of and motivated by nothing, made an extremely racist and islamophobic joke to me. He bought his stuff and left before I could get him kicked out.

I knew there would be trouble when I saw he had an Infowars shirt, but he managed to surprise ne.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My colleague made me a stack of pancakes for breakfast. That's one way to raise work satisfaction.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit. We have the ingredients for pancakes.

I'm rolling out of bed and making some motherfucking pancakes.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Update: I feel sick.

• Options

Tynic stop it was a trap!

• Options

Tynic stop it was a trap!

Too late!
    ... we had no baking soda so I made crepes instead. Hopefully that'll keep me safe.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    There's this story the media about my workplace that people are turning into a joke.

My coworker was running the self checkout machines, when she received an alert on her device about a customer needing assistance. She walked over and looked down at the man's groceries to see what the problem was.

The problem, was that the man's dick was in his hand next to his groceries and he was giggling like an idiot. Security promptly kicks him out of the store and calls the police. Police question the man, but he's very police and the police FOR SOME FUCKING STUPID REASON LET HIM GO.

The man shows back up at work 5 hours later, security throws a punch and kicks him out again and screams into the 911 operator's ear that they need the police here now and actually do something about this man. He's actually arrested this time for indecent exposure.

THANKS FOR THE HELP COPS
    YOU SURE DID A FINE DANG OLE' JOB THERE
    GLAD YOU STOPPED SHOOTING FIRST NATION PEOPLE FOR A QUICK SECOND THERE.

For the record, the joke is that the man needed help scanning his dick. He wanted my coworker to accidentally grab it.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    I witnessed a man try to shove a container of hot soup from the soup bar into his backpack.

He abandoned it and ran out as I walked up to him. I thought he was an old person in need.

I'm ready for SODO, let me see them coming and know they don't belong.

• Options
    Weaver's told me about you, and sometimes I ask the other security guys if they're you but so far no dice.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I have an interview next week, the most stressful thing so far is planning the journey and timing it correctly. Looks like I might have to be an hour early because of train times. Lets hope theres a coffee shop near by....

If anyone has any questions they think I might encounter I would appreciate it! (I'm expecting the: why you want to work here, what skills, what areas of interest, what long term plan etc)

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Today will be my third day in a row of cleaning out the garage of which two main things are positive: finding tools we need and sweating the fat out like a rotisserie.

Day Four will appropriately be on The Fourth and I'm hoping to keep the sweat going now that I have easy access to my bike.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I have an interview next week, the most stressful thing so far is planning the journey and timing it correctly. Looks like I might have to be an hour early because of train times. Lets hope theres a coffee shop near by....

If anyone has any questions they think I might encounter I would appreciate it! (I'm expecting the: why you want to work here, what skills, what areas of interest, what long term plan etc)

Who would win in a fight: Ent or Dryad

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

Shit I am unprepared!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Shit I am unprepared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p73PZIDQuA

First thing that popped in my head.

Yukira on
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »

Shit I am unprepared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p73PZIDQuA

First thing that popped in my head.

As an ex WoW nerd I knew exactly what that was before clicking it..!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I just remembered that what I thought was a four day weekend is in fact a five day weekend

yaaaaaaaaaay

so now even though I totally stressed myself out on friday by reading my emails hoping to get some good feedback and instead getting stupid bullshit I still get 4 fulls days of idgaf

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Winner faces Yggdrasil?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Winner faces Yggdrasil?

Winner faces Pocahontas's grandmother. You know, branch out a little bit.

• Options
    nuka wrote: »
    Weaver's told me about you, and sometimes I ask the other security guys if they're you but so far no dice.

I'm at the one across from the driving range north of you by the water.

Your story was offered up yesterday as well.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Gone

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options

I saw the illustrated police reports from the Stranger talking about the story again and I got angry.

• Options

I saw the illustrated police reports from the Stranger talking about the story again and I got angry.

I know the feeling. A police video show on cable covered the Mardi gras Seattle riot of 2000 and somehow forgot to mention that a young man was murdered in the middle of all that.

Doesn't send me to a happy place.

This discussion has been closed.