As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's get ready to [Hearthstone]! Tournament Details in OP

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Yknow, I'm super confused how cards like Purify or, I dunno, insert-other-new-bad-cards-here get printed, and how the Hearthstone team defends them and thinks that they're fine.

But then we also have cards like 0 mana 8/8s and 4 mana 7/7s getting printed, and the Hearthstone team also thinks those are fine and doesn't see anything wrong with them.

Like, I'm not trying to go on a Purify rant or whatever, that's done and over with. But I guess what I'm saying is, I'm a bit worried about future sets if this is the kind of mentality that's setting in. So Purify is fine, but Arcane Giant/Flamewreathed Faceless aren't NOT fine??? How is that even remotely okay? How do we have these two polar opposite types of cards being printed? We get these incredibly ridiculously OP cards and also these hilariously undertuned garbage cards?

And now we have to deal with these for a long time. These cards are gonna be in the metagame until the beginning of 2018. Hope y'all enjoy them 0 mana 8/8s crushing your hopes and dreams.

Like, man, and they only cost 12. They only cost TWELVE. Playing twelve spells is nothing!! They could've easily upped the cost, or even included something like "cannot be reduced below x", which by the way would've saved Molten Giant from unplayable garbage tier (e.g. instead of increasing it by 5 make it so it couldn't be reduced below 5). There's too many Timmies and Johnnies on the balance team and not enough Spikes, man. Cause if there were more Spikes this wouldn't happen. All the Timmies on the HS team get excited by Arcane Giant and Flamewreathed, "LOOK IT'S A BIG OL' GIANT 8/8 AND 7/7 WOWEE!". All the Johnnies get super excited by cards like Purify, "Wow, look at this cool new card, it can form new archetypes and there will be new ways to play!". Where's the Spikes? Where's the Spikes telling the Timmies and Johnnies, "Yeah but that's not okay to print, that's OP/UP as hell, it's going to either dominate the metagame or not see any play at all".

I dunno. I like Karazhan, I still like Hearthstone, but I'm... worried. I'm worried about future sets after seeing Karazhan come out. I think they hit a slam fucking dunk with Old Gods, literally the best set they've ever printed (outside of OP bullshit like Flamewreathed and Councilman, but we'll ignore those for now). And then Karazhan comes along with a resounding "meh", but also a few really OP cards? And I guess I wouldn't be that worried if the HS team ever actually did ANY sort of regular balancing, but they don't. We get one nerf patch (NOT a balance patch, only nerfs) once in a blue moon.

Ehh... I just want my faith restored in the HS team, that's all. I still enjoy this game, I just don't want to have to worry about its future.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Played a priest resurrect against my priest death rattle semi resurrect deck.

I lost count at how many times Sylvanas was played. He played three of them?
    I played four of them?

Not counting the extra three he got from two drops of N'zoth.

There were also three Cairnes, two Chillmaws, etc. etc..
    The lucky bastard kept getting his shifting shade resurrected, over and over, which just fed into more.

It was a super crazy game, except that my N'zoth was in the last 4 cards in my deck so his shifting shades kept getting it.

I also ended up taking out moat lurker.
    His cost just doesn't work in that deck.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    It's okay to print OP cards and UP cards because no one plays a single card deck.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Yknow, I'm super confused how cards like Purify or, I dunno, insert-other-new-bad-cards-here get printed, and how the Hearthstone team defends them and thinks that they're fine.

Don't feel bad, Blizzard doesn't know either ;)

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I actually have an idea for a purify deck. I do t have the final list, but I definitely have a few things I wanna try with it.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Turn 4 resurrect blademaster + self heal
    Turn 5 priest of the funnel cake + flash heal.
    Turn 6 another priest of the funnel cake + pw:shield + flash heal
    Face hunter concedes

Consider me converted to the Church of the Funnel Cake

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Priest of the Feast is so good.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    How is highmane not a legendary?

It's 10-9 stats for 6, spread over three bodies.
    Like, really?

>.<'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually use Totemic Might. And it actually proves to be good?! Naturally it would be from Hobbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5DGsdoXGqU

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    This week's brawl is treasure chest!

Choose from three cards at the start of every turn.

yay RNG....

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I think I'm just going to re-roll this brawl quest I've had for almost 3 weeks...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually use Totemic Might. And it actually proves to be good?! Naturally it would be from Hobbs.

Ooh I think I'll have to try that deck. I've been looking for a Shaman deck that's actually fun to play.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to re-roll this brawl quest I've had for almost 3 weeks...

I only have one more win to clear it... and wouldn't you know that the RNG has deemed that I have won too many Brawls and beats me up then steals my lunch money.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    How is highmane not a legendary?

It's 10-9 stats for 6, spread over three bodies.
    Like, really?

>.<'

So I can steal two of them?

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I only have one more win to clear it... and wouldn't you know that the RNG has deemed that I have won too many Brawls and beats me up then steals my lunch money.

I've just lost 4 in a row.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Betsuni wrote: »

I've just lost 4 in a row.

I match your four. It must be the quest that is jinxing us.

Edit: As soon as you logged out I got my win. Granted it was a concede, but at this point I'll take it. I got so annoyed with the game and with losing I was actually losing it when people would ponder their opening hand.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Finally, rank 5 on the back of aggro shaman. I hate that ranking up with fun decks is too slow for my play time, but switching from Renolock to Aggro Shaman is like switching from long and hard to fast and easy.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

It's honestly what Priest needed, as it makes a lot of the slower Priest archetypes (shadow, thief, res) viable.

• Options
    This poor priest summoned a total of like 9 feast priests in this game.
    Even had 4 on board at once.

Sadly they're not as good as 5 shifting shades and 3 Sylvanas.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnXiVHKmFk

Toast is the best.

I wonder how long it took him to set that up.

Mystery solved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPih1gwUcYg

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I think it makes priest better, but it's not the unicorn they were looking for.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I've been wondering if you could squeeze Arcane Giants into this deck. That's probably too greedy.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Just thought up this idea for a fun little card:

HgEGIpG.png

Could be super strong in Druid using Fandral -> Raven Idol. Throw Brann into the mix for maximum value!

Other crazy uses would be:
    • A Light in the Darkness
    • Etheral Conjourer
    • Museum Curator
    • Netherspite Historian
    • Journey Below
    • Arch-Thief Rafaam

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Wait, so if Yogg changes ownership, so does the side that the spells are casting from?

Yes. It's crazy as shit.
    That's insanely unintuitive, since it's not like Yogg dying stops him from casting.

Remember when
    Just thought up this idea for a fun little card:

HgEGIpG.png

Could be super strong in Druid using Fandral -> Raven Idol. Throw Brann into the mix for maximum value!

Other crazy uses would be:
    • A Light in the Darkness
    • Etheral Conjourer
    • Museum Curator
    • Netherspite Historian
    • Journey Below
    • Arch-Thief Rafaam
    Besides Rafaam or in a mill deck I think this would probably be bad overall. You're diluting your deck with two random cards, that by definition were worse then at least one option.

• Options
    I had a cool idea for a spell keyword called Channel X

Could be for every class. Channel means that the effect is copied every turn. Wording would be something like "For the next X turns, if the target of the original spell exists, copy this effect". Sorta like Rebound in magic I guess. But I would make the caveat that you can only have one Channel spell active at a time, and there would be board space to see it, so players are reminded.

So priest would get something like this:

[2] Mindflay
    Channel 2

Deal 2 damage to a player or minion.

Druid could get something like this:

[4] Savage Growth
    Channel 1
    Beasts you control get +2/+2

Paladin

[2] Sound the Alarm
    Channel 2

Summon a 1/1 soldier.

• Options
    By the way, the winner of the PC Gamer Priest card contest was announced. Here's the winning card:

Dk4qTWRKoGWzJoaAYp667b-650-80.jpg

There were 10 other honorable mention choices. Someone sent in Ragnaros, the Lightlord in with unchanged text. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

It's honestly what Priest needed, as it makes a lot of the slower Priest archetypes (shadow, thief, res) viable.

Of priest's six 4 drops (tied second) it's certainly the best one since Auchenai. However, Priest has no 3 drop class minions (every other class has at least three) and it two drops are a 1/2 and a dragon only card (and Lightwell, I guess).

Priest has a few main issues - very limited early game board presence, limited burst potential, mediocre board clear, reliance on multi-card combos for control, situational removal and weakness to combo decks (also it doesn't draw too good). Feast does not meaningfully address any of these.

I think it's cool Res seems to be working though, that's neat.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    By the way, the winner of the PC Gamer Priest card contest was announced. Here's the winning card:

There were 10 other honorable mention choices. Someone sent in Ragnaros, the Lightlord in with unchanged text. :)

Seems slow? I thought the issue was that Priest was lacking 2 drops, not situational three drops.

Also, Brawl seems good*.

rnxd9ymkqb30.png

* - your mileage may vary.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Yeah my card was way better.

^_^'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Poison blade is a card made for...classes that are not rogue.

In a warrior deck it's overpowered like hell.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

That's a damn good card!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    8571d0d3.png

Rogue was the class that needed DOOM.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Oh goodie, it's the world's slowest Brawl again.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    hippofant wrote: »
    Oh goodie, it's the world's slowest Brawl again.

I tried to make it consistent with Blizzard's bullshit:
    "BUT...BUT...PREP!"

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The terrible AI is the best part of Hearthstone

https://youtu.be/LPih1gwUcYg

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I really like this one from the runner-ups.

A97Zb4XJEJvZrVa9oVuH5S-650-80.jpg

Though, I'm not sure if the add battlecry fate means it's an instant and gives her the battlecry immediately.
    It'd be weird to give it to an existing minion.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Looks to me like it functions the way 'Choose One' does for Druid, except with 3 choices instead of 2. So there would be a Young Mage, Young Paladin, and Young Warlock version like DotC or DotF.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I really like this one from the runner-ups.
    A97Zb4XJEJvZrVa9oVuH5S-650-80.jpg

Though, I'm not sure if the add battlecry fate means it's an instant and gives her the battlecry immediately.
    It'd be weird to give it to an existing minion.

Whoa, that's a sick card.

• Options
    Still dies to winaxe, though, which is something I tried to avoid with my card.

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular

That's a huge nerf to the turn 2 "The Light Shall Burn You" play.