As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Gary Sanchez has an OPS of 1.858 over the last 14 days.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I'll take this fantasy loss at the hands of Donaldson.

He damn near had 4 homeruns.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Pretty sure this means Dickey won't be in the starting rotation for the playoffs, because catching his knuckleballs is basically the only thing the Jays kept Thole around for.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Rosters expand in 4 days, if he makes it through waivers (which he will, because he sucks), he'll be back on the team then. And Martin caught Dickey in the playoffs last year.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Thinking about going to the last Tunder Field game on October 2nd.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    if you were gonna spell it wrong you could have at least called it turder field

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Tsundere Field

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My pitching totally blew up over the weekend and I went from up 9-2 to a 6-6 tie.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Hunter Pence hurts his toes touching the ground after getting out of the bed everyday.

Dear lord he's been miserable to own this year.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    You should watch him on Fuller House.

Also, all but 1 playoff spot is decided, but the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seeds are tight enough that those could flip around. Last week before the playoffs start. Good luck, everybody!

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize what an absurd year the Rangers were having.

23 over .500 with a +5 run diff?

Yeah that just screams fraud.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    not official yet but reports are that the red sox just claimed puig

• Options
    If the Yankees are being as aggressive with the waiver wire as Buster Olney claims, they might have claimed him, too, and they have a higher priority due to being lower in the standings.

Of course, they could have just been claiming Os players for that report.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    I didn't realize what an absurd year the Rangers were having.

23 over .500 with a +5 run diff?

Yeah that just screams fraud.

We're really, really fucking bad against terrible teams (-32 run diff vs the Twins) and are something like 29-8 in one run games. There was also a period where our bullpen just exploded and everything was pain.

I really like where we are headed into the playoff stretch though. We have two ace pitchers in Hamels and Darvish, Holland has come back strong, and we still have Colby Lewis coming back (he was easily our best starter this season until he went down, no gurantee he returns to that form of course).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    There's almost no way that the Sox could have claimed Puig.

It goes from best worst record to best in same league then worst to best in the other league.

Sox would be like 26th or something on the waiver list.

Also it doesn't mean anything if he is claimed if the Dodgers don't want to deal with whatever team claimed him.

• Options
    Tim Tebow worked out for MLB teams today. Every team except for the Cubs and Athletics sent someone to watch.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Apparently he's got a good arm and good speed. Powerful bat but nothing else.

• Options
    I saw him described as "kind of like an actor doing research to play a baseball player"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At this point he's 260 pounds of muscle and extremely athletic. I'm sure he can look good playing any sport but that doesn't make him good enough to be a pro.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I haven't seen Dallas Braden in years. I will never sleep again.

• Options
    oh good, dropped into last place again

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    I'll finish in 9th or 10th this year! So top 4 pick next season!

(Looks at roster and plans on keeping Miggy)

Well shit.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Pedro Gomez says the Atlanta Braves would be the best fit for Tebow.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Did they recently lose their equipment manager?

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Did they recently lose their equipment manager?

Well we do need help in making sure people go to our new stadium.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    sox are calling up moncadaaaaaaaa

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Not til Friday though. Not sure why it took this long honestly.

• Options
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Physics!

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    So... what happened there?

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    He got it off the end of the bat and imparted a ton of side-spin on the ball. It rolled back into play because of that - think of it like a back-spin golf shot at that point.

• Options
    I suppose I understood that bit... I just didn't realise that it would be a live ball if it rolled back along the ground into play. Is it because it didn't hit anything to bounce it back into play, but came back into play on its own?

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, it came into the field of play before either hitting another object or getting past 1st base, so it still counts.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    Thanks. Learned something new today!

• Options
    Braves are apparently interested in giving Tebow a minor league deal.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    failing into the playoffs probably

nice

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    failing into the playoffs probably

nice

I did all I can to keep you out.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ok gonna throw in the towel finally.

Calling it a season for the Pirates. Let's regroup and get 'em next year.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Ok gonna throw in the towel finally.

Calling it a season for the Pirates. Let's regroup and get 'em next year.

It's easier to do that during Spring Training

• Options
    Looks like my first shut out of the season.

Just a little bit too late.