As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ARod should retire a Mariner

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i wish they could have taken this kind of shit on jeter

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

How dare you sully the name of Derek Jeter!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Tip your hat to the captain!

And it wouldn't be unprecedented for the m's to give someone a retirement season like they did with Griffey.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You know who deserved their farewell tour? Mariano Rivera.

I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

And it wouldn't be unprecedented for the m's to give someone a retirement season like they did with Griffey.

Haha.

AhahahaHA.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHA.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey the cubs are 12 up on the cardinals, is that good

• Options

Just about the perfect amount for them to collapse and crush the dreams of their fans.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah but people like Griffey.

• Options

Just about the perfect amount for them to collapse and crush the dreams of their fans.

well, they've got a four game set against the cardinals this weekend, we'll see how that goes

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Cardinals suck this year. I wouldn't worry.

• Options
    It's not going to happen but... Assuming ARod starts tonight, even though Girardi turned down his request to start at third, and he hits 3 home runs early in the game... Would the Yankees have the audacity to pull him?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Hal would have one of his snipers take him down as soon as he stepped in the batters box for the 4th time.

Maximum on
  • Options
    I really want it to happen so bad. The A-Rod treatment has really left a sour taste in my mouth as a Yankees fan.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't really care about any of it. They're trying to do a thing and A-Rod wants to do a thing, too. I'll just be glad when tomorrow morning rolls around and (hopefully) Aaron Judge is traveling to the Bronx.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Where was this team performance last week? At least if this holds up I should still have a shot at that final seed.

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    Where was this team performance last week? At least if this holds up I should still have a shot at that final seed.

I hate you

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    That's because you almost shut me out last week.

Much love.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Just your typical 1-Ump-6-3 DP.

• Options
    Yankees release A-Rod, send Ben Heller to Triple-A, and recall Tyler Austin and Aaron Judge.

• Options
    Good luck with Judge. As a Yankees fan I hope he rakes but I'm keeping my expectations very low.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Anyone think A-Rod will join another team to try and join the Bonds, Aaron, and Ruth club?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    He's already made a great play in right, so there's that.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    WOW! Austin and Judge just went back to back on their first big league at bats, Austin to the short porch, Judge to dead center.

EDIT: Judge's home run hit off the restaurant windows!

Goose! on
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Anyone think A-Rod will join another team to try and join the Bonds, Aaron, and Ruth club?

He's already said he won't be answering calls from any teams, he's going to go spend time with his daughters until Spring rolls around and his new job starts as instructor.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Judge's dong was 457 feet, longest by a Yankee this year.

EDIT: Papelgone

Goose! on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I got some feelings about A-Rod's retirement:

Alex Rodriguez is a flawed human being. He has admitted to using PEDs, he is a known asshole and a lot of his own teammates hated him. He is also one of the best players to play the game. A-rod reflects something in all of us. He is a great player who has personal flaws like all of us. In the end, love him or hate him, he is a unique figure in Baseball and there likely will never be another like A-Rod.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    He ought to go in the Hall of Fame, as should Bonds.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Man. Hard to watch the cubs get shithoused by two rookie pitchers like this. Hard to watch a guy who's been demoted three times this year rail grand slams against the anointed ones

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Man. Hard to watch the cubs get shithoused by two rookie pitchers like this. Hard to watch a guy who's been demoted three times this year rail grand slams against the anointed ones

the real bummer is that I can't bring up the cubs dropping seven on wainwright last night or how the cubs are up 13 games in the division without sounding like a petulant child

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Agreed, friend

• Options
    oh well, my boy kyle hendricks is still pitchin' real well so that's ok

• Options
    Mookie Betts with his 2nd 3 HR game of the season (and 2nd since I traded for him). Between him and Kluber, I think the Arenado trade worked out alright.

• Options
  • Options
    Giancarlo Stanton out for the year according to Mattingly, MRI "serious"

• Options
    Stanton is going to be a "what if" guy in 10 years.

• Options
    Severino back to AAA.

I'm starting to think his decent season was a fluke.