As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Way too early on in his career to make that call.

Also:

Goose! on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Well, that was certainly an interesting development.

Yay Schoop!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Stanton is so infuriating. The minute I trade him I know he'll sock 60 dongs.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I'll take him and carry that weight for you.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Didn't I try to offer E5+ for Stanton like 2 years ago.

Def shoulda taken that one.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    GO MARINERS!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
  • Options

I'll take him and carry that weight for you.

The weight of all those dongs.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FortyTwo wrote: »

Idiot sound tech thinking they're funny.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Idiot sound tech thinking they're funny.

It fits Wrigley well. I used to go to a lot of Cubs games when we could get cheap bleacher seats in high school. The chants that got going out there were amusing at the time, but a lot less funny when I think back on them. "So-and-so beats his wife" was a very common chant any time you had a player in the outfield for an opposing team that had been accused of domestic abuse.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Man, like that sort of thing is exclusive to one set of fans. Every team has garbage people that cheer for them.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Meanwhile, sitting here right now still torn about a trade I made this morning in my money league. Mark Trumbo and an injured pitcher for Dee Gordon and Danny Duffy. Trumbo can be held over at our league minimum next year, in a 5x5 Roto league, so he has a lot of value. And I like him. But I'm only 1 point ahead of second place and would really like to stay in first and Duffy can help me in wins and strikeouts, and Gordon will help in steals and maybe runs. I'm way ahead in home runs, so going from Trumbo to Yelich shouldn't hurt much. It might even gain a point in average.

Still going to regret not having Trumbo for $10 next year though.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Meh, play to win this year, worry about next year next year.

• Options
    Guys I have like 18 players for 9 keeper slots next year. :bigfrown:

• Options
    Man, like that sort of thing is exclusive to one set of fans. Every team has garbage people that cheer for them.

That's not a small number of fans at Wrigley though. It's the majority of the fans in the bleachers. Never heard even close to as many awful chants at White Sox games.

Has been a while since I went to a Cubs game though. Shitty fans and shitty bathrooms stopped me a while ago. Things may have changed since then, but given how many years I remember things being like that, I doubt it.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular

Another poor decision by the cubs to fire this guy. that dj is a hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCYabLy1ic

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Guys I have like 18 players for 9 keeper slots next year. :bigfrown:

Goddamit then trade me Dahl like I wanted.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    The Nationals released Papelbon.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

Gregg Zaun spent five minutes on Sunday on expounding on how Papelbon was a veteran who played the game the right way, was treated shabbily by the Nationals, and should catch on with a playoff team that can actually recognize the obvious merits of a past-his-prime reliever with a 4+ ERA. He also once again took the opportunity to rail against NL MVP Bryce Harper and said that Papelbon did what any veteran should have done when he choked Harper.

In other news, Gregg Zaun is an asshole who is the worst part of watching Blue Jays games by several miles.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Remember when Papelbon said he was better than Mariano Rivera?

• Options

He's not?

• Options

He's not?

Remember this?

https://youtu.be/sPNpJX8b-bc

I do :)

• Options
    Seriously, that night was the most amazing thing ever. That was the moment, the franchise changed - never looked back.

• Options
    This Aaron Judge kid is pretty good so far

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

that was sure a great trade on their part

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

Gregg Zaun spent five minutes on Sunday on expounding on how Papelbon was a veteran who played the game the right way, was treated shabbily by the Nationals, and should catch on with a playoff team that can actually recognize the obvious merits of a past-his-prime reliever with a 4+ ERA. He also once again took the opportunity to rail against NL MVP Bryce Harper and said that Papelbon did what any veteran should have done when he choked Harper.

In other news, Gregg Zaun is an asshole who is the worst part of watching Blue Jays games by several miles.

Gregg Zaun is a fucking misogynistic piece of old garbage. Why he's become the fucking face of the Jays broadcast is beyond me. He offers no genuine insights, was not particularly good as a player and says real and true offensive things.

He genuinely seems like his entire life goal is to become the american Don Cherry for Canada.

HNIC shows Rogers has no idea what talent management is.

• Options
    Curt Schilling may run against Elizabeth Warren.

Lol.

• Options
    Surprised nobody beat me to Dansby Swanson

• Options
    Curt Schilling may run against Elizabeth Warren.

Lol.

He's desperate for his steal money from the public fix.

• Options
    I only just read about it now, but I'm glad. I have too many kids.

• Options
    anthony rizzo keeps making good as hell plays on the rain tarp

• Options
    anthony rizzo keeps making good as hell plays on the rain tarp

• Options
    I haven't looked this up, but I am pretty sure Mookie Betts has single-handedly defeated the Orioles at least four times this year.

Yeesh.

• Options
    Multi-HR games from Sanchez, Miller, and Betts have my offense rocking tonight.

• Options
    Haha oh man Raijin, I know it's only Wednesday but our matchup is straight trash.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Haha oh man Raijin, I know it's only Wednesday but our matchup is straight trash.

Fucking Keuchel, man. I can't bring myself to bench him even though he's been a trash fire all season.

• Options
    Pizzle shouldn't you change your name to Nova or something? Seeing as Niese is back on the Mets.

• Options
    We are drifting through new waters as the luck of being named to be my team "mascot" hasn't propelled him to victory and he's been traded away.

Now I want to keep his name in there to continue to hex the prick. He leaves the Mets and trashes the team, he leaves the Pirates and trashes our shifts. I want someone to ask him how the shifts helped him give up the most home runs in the league.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    He was clearly trying to make hitters do the opposite of what they normally try to do, hit them where they ain't.

Goose! on
  • Options
    AJ Pollock will be back in a couple weeks. Too bad it's far too late for my team