As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mobius FF] The Other, Other F2P Final Fantasy Mobile Game

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven't really had a problem using Warrior so far, so meh. I'm not gonna time attack ultra grind any events, so that part doesn't really bother me. Just gonna grind up the cards. But I'll definitely be pulling when the next set comes out I think.

As an aside I can't seem to unlock a bunch of the random closed spots in Ch2 after finishing it to get the all clear. Pretty sure I don't have any uncompleted spots open, do I need to do arena again or something?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Definitely run the Arena twice once you're done with it story-wise, once for Adept and once for Master. There's first time completion rewards.

• Options
    I spent some Energy today to get my two drop creatures for augmenting Byakko (who is currently 3*, 4/6, 2/3) up to 3*, which basically involved a bit of Turtle farming and a ton of Mantis farming. Gonna start farming the mats to upgrade the mobs for Griffon (who is currently 4*, 6/8, 3/4) next.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I'm doing the top circuit with my archmage at the moment, though I could just do it with black mage/apprentice mage.

Cockatrice/adamanterrapin/faith/enwater(just for the water skill seeds. Would put cure in here as needed).

Drop nuke, then break, then faith, then 9999. Repeat.

I made sure to max ability level tje cockatrice and adamanterrapin. The damage is ridiculous.

Can you share how you'd do it with apprentice mage? I don't do anywhere near the damage to kill the terrapin at 52 without being able to drive earth.

You use the white mage from apprentice mage skill board 2 for earth drive. Take faith, a heal, and inferno's debrave, and then a fire spell and friend ice spell or reverse. That should be pretty safe.

Not fast.

52 seems low level though. I'm farming the top around 95-102. Did pupu farming (have all four pupu elements at 4star and max skilled. It took a lil while) to get cards up.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    is it worth it trying to max out pupu abilities?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You get so many of them you might as well. Never had the active skill itself be useful but the ability to clear orbs without taking a turn and the empower element can be useful when you unlock them. Mainly they are just to make bosses do somewhat reasonable damage.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Can basically double your attack with them. They're useful.

• Options
    It's just that 25% chance for that last ability level for 5 pupus is tedious

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oh you need to max skill level the ones you are fusing into your 4* you can get 100%

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    that makes 100% more sense.....

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Have a look at these charts, they show the most efficient way to get to a 100% Ability Up with fusion of other cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xck1j/ability_levelling_tables_most_efficient_number_of/

Rius on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The hard part right now is lacking Growstars. I'm 300 magicite short of getting the 30-day package, which pays for itself over the course of the month, but outside of the distiller, there's no fast way to earn more magicite right now, so buying more growstars is not an option without spending money.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    You get so many cards that what I did was level 3 3* pupu to skill level 3 then fed them to my 4* to get the final level.

Takes 21 spare cards.

But I easily got more than that trying to get the augment drops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm about zero for eight on Mindflayer augment drops and I need six of them, FML

• Options
    So I ended up rolling a job for the heck of it and got Black Mage. Pretty happy with that. How's the Auto farming on it(with 3 panels)? I'm guessing I'll need to get into 4th panel to really start it.

• Options
    Depenss what you're farming. If speed isn't key, then you can make an easy auto farm with a cure spell and a few aoes.

• Options
    Going for pupu on hard right now, then back to the other event tomorrow. Speed doesn't matter, just wanna set it while I do other stuff.

I think I need to get one or two pupu's up there first. Since right now I might get nuked down by the boss if the heal doesn't time itself right.

• Options
    So with a team of 4* Earth Pupu, 4* Earth Pupu, Yuna, Slyph, I manged to get my panel 3 mage to 59 kills. I think that every 5th floor has the cockatrice on it guarnteed, between 55 and 60 I've lost to the thing a good 13 times. I can beat it if I swap an Earth Pupu to a Wind Pupu, but then I die to the terrapin.

I wasn't paying attention to auto, but I seem to have just gotten 10x seeds on a stage!!!

For Earth Golem, is it just play the arena, hope he appears, hope he drops his stone? That seems amazingly awful at 36 stamina a pop.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Augmenting Fire and Earth cards is kind of shitty right now because of Golem and (insert Molten Core dropping nonexistent mob here)

• Options
    Is there at least a way to influence meeting the golem in the Arena?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I don't really think so; I only ran it a couple times but that seems pretty unlikely.

I got my Griffon to 4* 8/8, it's got 1269 Attack and 844 Break Power on my Hunter now. How does that stack up to your Firaja, @Aegis?

Rius on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You reminded me I need to play more to get back to my Panel 4 grinding, but Firaja last I check was a little over 2050 Attack and mid 950s Break Power.

1k Break Power eludes me T_T

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Damn I need more Magic. I'm partway through my 4th panel and the only DPS increasing upgrades left are 4* Weapon and +30 Break.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It goes down a bit if I use the White Mage weapon instead of the Mage weapon. I'm experimenting back and worth to see whether I like the +1 Crit * from White Mage or the 25-30% more Magic from the Mage weapon.

Characters
  • Options
    I just crushed the 66th Adamanterrapin, saw my first 9999 crit. Did you unlock the 4th skill on Firaja through use or did you Extranger it? I have one, and am tempted to Extranger it. Normal hits were doing ~7k.

4* Wind Pupu, 4* Griffon, 3* Fat Chocobo, 3* Gusion. Treant was my second boss so it was a long Auto attack fest, but I'm in no danger of dying yet. I can grind a bunch more bosses now.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I pulled her from the 4* Summon gacha, so she was already maxed. I wouldn't know whether to suggest upgrading her to 4*, given that I don't know how much better later units get.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options

Top floor loop of adamanterrapin has golems cockatrice treany adamantoise and the fire guy. They drop their materials.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Woo 11k crits

Edit: Hot damn, Golem -> Golem -> boss, got 746k.

Rius on
  • Options

Top floor loop of adamanterrapin has golems cockatrice treany adamantoise and the fire guy. They drop their materials.

Yeah it could have thousand dollar bills that magic themselves out of the phone for all the good it does me. Can't get past cockatrice without wind resist pupu and can't get past terrapin without two earth resist pupu.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What's your Job and it's elements, again?

• Options

Yeah it could have thousand dollar bills that magic themselves out of the phone for all the good it does me. Can't get past cockatrice without wind resist pupu and can't get past terrapin without two earth resist pupu.

What are you running, and what floor? I mean I finally got stuck at 80, and at this point I don't think I'm going higher without doing some major overhaul of my decks and farming up some 3stars.

• Options
    Only downside to my deck is Cockatrices are a 15 minute high speed Auto slog.

• Options
    I have summoned Mage which is wind fire water. if the cockatrice want guaranteed on the chest levels I think I could go around again.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I don't really think so; I only ran it a couple times but that seems pretty unlikely.

I got my Griffon to 4* 8/8, it's got 1269 Attack and 844 Break Power on my Hunter now. How does that stack up to your Firaja, @Aegis?

How in the...?

Do the extra 2 levels at 4* from 6 to 8 really give a card that much of a boost? I have a 4* Lakshmi sitting at Lv. 6 and it only has like, 340 Power and 180 Break.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options

How in the...?

Do the extra 2 levels at 4* from 6 to 8 really give a card that much of a boost? I have a 4* Lakshmi sitting at Lv. 6 and it only has like, 340 Power and 180 Break.

He's reading what its power is in his deck. Check the power of that card in your card list.

• Options

How in the...?

Well, plus the extra power from the levels is multiplied by my +Element and +Magic; but those numbers I quoted are the total values, not the ones listed on the card. Go into your Deck and click on Abilities to see what the buffed numbers are.

• Options
    I have summoned Mage which is wind fire water. if the cockatrice want guaranteed on the chest levels I think I could go around again.

You definitely want a 4* Wind Pupu in your deck if you can slot it. The +25% Resist Wind will be important if you want to slog down the Cockatrice.

• Options
    Yeah but I can't cut the healer for it and I doubt I can clear a stage with no attack card.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What four cards are you running? My deck is...

4* Griffon - only attack card, but it's 8/8.
    4* Wind Pupu - Wind resistance for Cockatrice, plus activating it makes the Terrapin's red Break bar go down much, much faster.
    3* Fat Chocobo - half of my healing, and 100% Defense Up uptime.
    3* Gusion - the other half of my healing, and Earth Resist for Terrapin + tons of Wind orbs so I can typically use five Griffon during Break.

• Options
    Earth pupu
    Earth pupu
    Yuna
    3 star Mage attack card

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀