Options

[MechWarrior Online] The fix for that Stompy Bot craving.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    I just cant bring myself to run weaponless arms in a mech that doesnt have hand actuators.
    Ive tried the 5xAC5 build a few times, but found it pretty comparable to the 4xUAC5s

With the 5xAC5 you don't fire like normal, you put them on chainfire and just fire a constant stream.

Builds like that, and the AC2 builds, massively benefit from a macro.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'm unfamiliar with macros? you mean like a mouse-macro?
    Chainfiring AC5s, all in one group, or 2 by 3 groupings?
    I feel like I'd be good with sandblasting LBXs because I have terrible aim. "center mass? good enough!" -bap bap bap bap

Edit: I did just 1volley leg an arctic cheetah with my AC20s. That felt pretty good.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like I'd be good with sandblasting LBXs because I have terrible aim. "center mass? good enough!" -bap bap bap bap

Edit: I did just 1volley leg an arctic cheetah with my AC20s. That felt pretty good.

Its a program that lets you fire the weapons faster. Yes PGI has repeatedly said it was okay.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Its a program that lets you fire the weapons faster. Yes PGI has repeatedly said it was okay.

How does it let you fire the weapon faster? I mean, shouldn't the fire rate be limited by the cycle rate on the weapons?

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    Well, I dont know if its a result of poor positioning/map knowledge or what, but as soon as I show my face, its constant missiles until I die, pretty much

LRMs are extremely common in low tier matchmaking games. Due to a mix of them being easy to use, a fear among new players of exposing oneself to enemy fire, a lack of realization of their inefficiency (compounded by the deceptively high damage numbers they put out), and the lack of radar deprivation modules. They become extremely terrible once you reach the point where you get matched against people who have radar deprivation. Radar deprivation instantly breaks the target lock when you break line of sight. Any missiles fired will go dumb and fly off into the abyss unless you can reacquire a lock. I'm not exaggerating when I say "instantly." Lamp posts become a means to break the lock.

Ok, that makes sense. I played a ton of games last night and while the early ones tended to end quickly for me, the later ones I was more successful in. I still feel like, for an Assault, I am pretty fragile. I try to torso twist as much as possible (esp against the LRM spam), but it's not working out for me yet. Is the ludicrously low rear armor on this metamechs build a result of assuming perfect torso twisting and a team that backs up the assault? I'm wondering if I should drop a little on the front/arms/legs in favor of rear while I learn?

I started with a quad Ultra AC5 build, and in a few games it really worked very well. I swapped to dual AC20 and a LPL toward the end and felt like I did a bit better with that

Your torso armor is shared across front and back, and should always be maxed. So if it isnt maxed, absolutely shave off some leg/arm/cockpit armor or some heatsinks/ammo/engine size to max it.

You really shouldnt need more than 10/12/10 across you backside, more than that encourages bad habits and punishes good ones.

The MetaMechs build I found has 6 armor across the back. I'm just going to keep plugging away at it. It's a playstyle I'm not used to, so time spent playing and learning will be more valuable than slight build tweaks, I'm thinking.

Guess I should have gotten a Kodiak instead :)

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    In an ideal world I'd run 6 or less armor on the back of my mechs, but I get alpha'd in the back by dumb teammates way too often.

• Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    People are online, get in vent
    STOMPY ROBOTS!

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    BeornK wrote: »
    People are online, get in vent
    STOMPY ROBOTS!

@Konphujun

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Hey guys did I miss anything important in the town hall or was it just mech packs?

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

How does it let you fire the weapon faster? I mean, shouldn't the fire rate be limited by the cycle rate on the weapons?

Because holding fire weapons only fire roughly every half second if they can (important for chain firing), but they can really fire like every .2 seconds, so a macro lets you put more lead in the air faster.

• Options

Because holding fire weapons only fire roughly every half second if they can (important for chain firing), but they can really fire like every .2 seconds, so a macro lets you put more lead in the air faster.

Oh, sorry, the way you phrased it made it sound like the weapons could actually fire faster than the game normally lets them. I never use chainfire so, not the biggest deal for me.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Well

that was.....fun?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

If you set a weapon group to chain fire, but click the chainfire button faster than every 0.5 seconds, then it will cycle through them faster than just holding down the fire button.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Lots and lots and lots of group play today. A handful of the many games we played:

ENDRoRz.jpg

---

https://youtu.be/h1ZKSmiSo9o

n3iXxWD.jpg

---

HurRMZw.jpg

MULk9w4.jpg

yDLwGZB.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Shocked and awed at a Saturday oosik group

hope it becomes a regular thing, was lovely dropping with you gents.

Even if you are all cunts. :heartbeat:

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Was a good time. I was worried that I would fluke into a good showing today, raising expectations of future performance to unrealistic levels.

I'm glad that didn't happen.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh pubbies always scatter to the 4 winds. I'm never going to get those "lance in formation" points

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I'm running around in a Marauder with some Oosiks and hitting things with an AC20.

Feels good.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Aw man, I could have made this one.

edit: nvm, it's still going. stompy bot time

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I was running around getting cored in what seemed like 3 shots. Did not feel good. Stopped playing Assault for the day :)

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    I was running around getting cored in what seemed like 3 shots. Did not feel good. Stopped playing Assault for the day :)

I have now found when I'm having a bad day in Assaults or Lights I always tend to do better in a Medium or Heavy. Then vice versa on other days. Or discover I've been a tip of the spear for far too long.

It was great playing with you all this afternoon. I was playing earlier and not having any fun so sat for thirty minutes playing pretty, pretty mech.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Who is Sonork? Also, poke Maijin for invites at the moment, I think. Just about to drop, be up again soon.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I really like my 2xERLL Raven, but I feel like I need to be doing more damage. Bought the King Crab, but feel super fragile most of the time, and good lord I cannot stand not even moving 50kph.

Dropping in a CPLT at the moment, because its my only Heavy, and I feel tankier than the KC

• Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Discord setup for those who would like to use it. https://discord.gg/jJv88RA

• Options
    I kinda like how Discord is just a webpage you click a link on and bam voice-chatting.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sorry for not grouping today. The buddy I was teaching is an old friend I don't talk to much, so having our own vent to just natter was nice.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Kay wrote: »
    I kinda like how Discord is just a webpage you click a link on and bam voice-chatting.

Unless you want to set up push to talk, or options of any kind.

Which you cant do.

So fuck discord anyway, PA already has 4 different goddamn voice things, I'm refusing to install another one.

Couldn't even join the damn room on the stupid webpage thing.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I have now found when I'm having a bad day in Assaults or Lights I always tend to do better in a Medium or Heavy. Then vice versa on other days. Or discover I've been a tip of the spear for far too long.

It was great playing with you all this afternoon. I was playing earlier and not having any fun so sat for thirty minutes playing pretty, pretty mech.

I've been finding that I have two settings: MAD-BH2 pilot or MAD-IIC pilot. Every now and then, I can be decent as a Hellbringer pilot. For almost everything else, I tend to get my shit pushed in faster than I can say "Ow"

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Sorry for not grouping today. The buddy I was teaching is an old friend I don't talk to much, so having our own vent to just natter was nice.

That makes playing MWO even better. So where are the stories of your matches?

Which you cant do.

So fuck discord anyway, PA already has 4 different goddamn voice things, I'm refusing to install another one.

Wait Discord doesn't have PTT and is just an open mic? If so I'll vote against us using that since there are times when I'm just talking with my wife or when she's yelling at the dog.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Which you cant do.

Settings (the cog wheel) -> Voice -> Input Mode set to Push to Talk

What other settings couldn't you find?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

Which you cant do.

Settings (the cog wheel) -> Voice -> Input Mode set to Push to Talk

What other settings couldn't you find?

Doesn't work unless the browser window has focus.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Thank god I'm not in any of those screenshots. My performance this evening was utter shit. Doesn't help that I've only played MWO in group queue on Oosik nights lately. I should really take some time away from Overwatch to knock the rust off my piloting. Still, it was nice to see a big turn out this evening. Even got to drop with @HydroSqueegee again which is something I didn't know I missed until it happened.

All my equipment has changed since I played last. Mouse, keyboard, headset.... It feels off playing again. You expect a certain feel and response when playing something you've put thousands of hours into. I've gotta retrain myself.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    the trick with discord is to just use discord APP and skip all the old VOIP programs...

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    the trick with discord is to just use discord APP and skip all the old VOIP programs...

the trick with VOIP is to stop going "ooh shiny" every time theres a new one, and continually fragmenting the community.

• Options
    Anyway, hi5 to my fellow fatties @Woodstock and @Erlkönig for holding the line while the entire freaking lance of Locusts got to play.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Anyway, hi5 to my fellow fatties @Woodstock and @Erlkönig for holding the line while the entire freaking lance of Locusts got to play.

I couldn't believe that I made it out of that one match alive with, what was it again...14% of my mech still intact? I'm pretty sure I had no armor left, lost my right torso and my left arm and leg.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

the trick with VOIP is to stop going "ooh shiny" every time theres a new one, and continually fragmenting the community.

I just keep everything installed. I have ~10 TB at my disposal.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

Dammit man! Some of us only have 6TB to play with >.<

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Shadowplay is addictive and eats up HD space. On the bright side, it makes it easy to have HDD space on hand to keep games and my saves mothballed when I need to make room on a SSD.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Dammit man! Some of us only have 6TB to play with >.<

I have 500gb.