As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 7.0] Sombra officially announced in cinematic "Infiltration"

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Some people who play this are nuts. I had a guy feeling so salty about a loss yesterday jump in to voice chat just to yell at me. We were playing KoH on Ilios where we were getting stomped due to them having a sniper so I switched to Hanzo to take care of them. We proceed to cap the point after I eliminated 4 of their team and got to 99% after which I got killed by a Dva ult. Upon running back to the point I stop to fire a scatter arrow and don't quite make it back to the point in time to push overtime - shitty I know.

Yet, we lost all because of me playing "fucking Hanzo". Nothing to do with anybody else at all, no no.

That happens a lot.

Look, Reaper who spent the entire match yelling at our team. You're playing Reaper. Your entire job is to kill dudes. And the guy with the gold elims and gold objective elims is me. As Reinhardt.

Maybe it's not everyone else that is the problem, man. Maybe it's you.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Meanwhile I had a very weird experience with a dude who, on voice chat, was sorta being in-character as 76 on Junkenstein's, talking about how his husband was an edgelord and needed to stop shopping at hot topic.

I was mostly confused and sorta played along, and then he friended me and... well, kept up the RP in PM's, expecting me to play along as Ana. Which I sorta did in a lazy way, like, ironically I literally write RPG books for a living but... ??? I mean I guess there are worse things to happen when a random pubbie friends you and starts PMing you, especially when you are a lady gamer who introduced herself by mistaking what he was saying on voice chat and yelling at him to stop being a jerk, but

Man, I guess random strange dude, you do you!

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Some people who play this are nuts. I had a guy feeling so salty about a loss yesterday jump in to voice chat just to yell at me. We were playing KoH on Ilios where we were getting stomped due to them having a sniper so I switched to Hanzo to take care of them. We proceed to cap the point after I eliminated 4 of their team and got to 99% after which I got killed by a Dva ult. Upon running back to the point I stop to fire a scatter arrow and don't quite make it back to the point in time to push overtime - shitty I know.

Yet, we lost all because of me playing "fucking Hanzo". Nothing to do with anybody else at all, no no.

That happens a lot.

Look, Reaper who spent the entire match yelling at our team. You're playing Reaper. Your entire job is to kill dudes. And the guy with the gold elims and gold objective elims is me. As Reinhardt.

Ha ha, oh to have a nickle for every time the DPS was yelling at me for costing them the game despite having gold for damage and eliminations.

Like, maybe a tank or support could have a case for ragging on you for a poor pick even if you got those golds, but a Reaper or McCree? Get the hell out of here with that.

The worst was when we were on defense getting murdered by a Pharah. Our only dps is Reaper, of course. So I switch to Bastion and start killing Pharah with some frequency. Hit gold for damage and eliminations. We still lose, and Reaper is on me about "fucking Bastion. We don't need stationeries (sic)."

Yes, our team is getting murdered by Pharah, and you continue to play the least effective dps character against her. I switch, manage to kill her AND outdo you in your specialty, and it's all my fault because we don't need more writing material.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Meanwhile I had a very weird experience with a dude who, on voice chat, was sorta being in-character as 76 on Junkenstein's, talking about how his husband was an edgelord and needed to stop shopping at hot topic.

I was mostly confused and sorta played along, and then he friended me and... well, kept up the RP in PM's, expecting me to play along as Ana. Which I sorta did in a lazy way, like, ironically I literally write RPG books for a living but... ??? I mean I guess there are worse things to happen when a random pubbie friends you and starts PMing you, especially when you are a lady gamer who introduced herself by mistaking what he was saying on voice chat and yelling at him to stop being a jerk, but

Man, I guess random strange dude, you do you!

A few days ago I was in a quick play with a dude who did such a good Rick impression that people weren't sure that he wasn't actually Justin Roiland. Pretty safe bet he wasn't, but he never left character the entire match.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »

That happens a lot.

Ha ha, oh to have a nickle for every time the DPS was yelling at me for costing them the game despite having gold for damage and eliminations.

Like, maybe a tank or support could have a case for ragging on you for a poor pick even if you got those golds, but a Reaper or McCree? Get the hell out of here with that.

The worst was when we were on defense getting murdered by a Pharah. Our only dps is Reaper, of course. So I switch to Bastion and start killing Pharah with some frequency. Hit gold for damage and eliminations. We still lose, and Reaper is on me about "fucking Bastion. We don't need stationeries (sic)."

Yes, our team is getting murdered by Pharah, and you continue to play the least effective dps character against her. I switch, manage to kill her AND outdo you in your specialty, and it's all my fault because we don't need more writing material.

If the nerf with regards to how quickly you can build up an ult goes through, then I'm hoping Blizzard do something about what happens when you switch a character (i.e. currently your ult is reset to 0%).

I imagine many players feel obliged to stick with a character longer if they are near their ult, but if in the next patch it takes longer, people are going to be a lot more reluctant to swap their hero if things aren't working out, which seems to be rather contrary to what Blizzard want players to do when they find that their character is being countered.

Also, I feel obliged to point out with Bastion, it isn't hard for Bastion to top the damage done medal, especially if the other team has a Reinhardt (I still think that Reaper on your team was a complete wally).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

That happens a lot.

If the nerf with regards to how quickly you can build up an ult goes through, then I'm hoping Blizzard do something about what happens when you switch a character (i.e. currently your ult is reset to 0%).

I imagine many players feel obliged to stick with a character longer if they are near their ult, but if in the next patch it takes longer, people are going to be a lot more reluctant to swap their hero if things aren't working out, which seems to be rather contrary to what Blizzard want players to do when they find that their character is being countered.

Also, I feel obliged to point out with Bastion, it isn't hard for Bastion to top the damage done medal, especially if the other team has a Reinhardt (I still think that Reaper on your team was a complete wally).

If I got silver as Bastion, sure rag on me. But at least I picked one of the characters who could counter the top threat enemy Pharah when no one else did. Someone who keeps playing Reaper in that situation has no right to rag.

They should probably do something like a character switch lets you keep half the ult charge.

MrBody on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Season 3 changes coming
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749698219#post-1
    Right now on the PTR, we’re starting to test out changes for Season 3 of Competitive Play. While there’s one big change to Season 3, there are also some behind-the-scenes adjustments to how we’re calculating Skill Rating and Skill Tier placement that I wanted to discuss with everyone.

The largest visible change to Competitive Play will be to the off-season between Season 2 and Season 3. Based on community feedback, we’re going to shorten the off-season downtime to just one week, with Season 2 ending at 00:00 UTC on November 24, and Season 3 beginning on December 1. Additionally, during the off-season, we’ll display an in-game countdown to when the next season begins.

Before explaining the changes to Skill Rating and Skill Tiers, let me explain some of the goals for matchmaking in Competitive Play. First and foremost, we always want to provide the fairest matches that we can. Fair matches of skill between the teams provide the greatest chance for you to have fun in Overwatch. At the same time, we’d also like every new competitive season to feel like a fresh start. These two goals end up being somewhat contradictory. If we completely reset everyone’s Skill Rating (SR) at the start of a new season, then players of all skill levels would end up playing against each other and having poor quality matches until the system could reevaluate each player’s skill. Because of this, we don't fully reset your SR when a new season begins, and instead use your SR from the previous season as a starting point.

Another area of Competitive Play we’re trying to improve for Season 2 is how we distribute everybody into their Skill Tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc.) based on their SR. When Season 2 started, we had WAY more players in Gold and Platinum than we initially intended, and way fewer in Bronze and Silver. This was the result of how we calculated your initial SR for Season 2. We tried to partially reset player SR at the start of Season 2, but the results were not as we expected. Instead, below-average players started Season 2 at a higher SR than they should have been given their performance in Season 1. This meant that as they played in Season 2, their SR would often drop to a lower value, which didn’t feel great. It also meant that there was a much wider variation of skill in the Gold and Platinum tiers than we wanted. This is something we want to avoid in Season 3.

As a result, we’re testing a different way of determining your starting SR for Season 3 on the PTR. We’re leaning more towards trying to keep things fair rather than giving everyone a fresh start. We’re also going to initially tune your SR to be slightly lower to start. In turn, fewer players should start the season having their Skill Rating drastically drop despite having close to even wins and losses.

This change will mean that some players will not start in the same tier for Season 3 that they were placed in for Season 2, and that your SR gains from winning will be a little higher at the beginning of the season. After you play enough matches, however, your SR gains and losses will go back to normal.

We’ll be looking closely at the results of players placement on PTR and see if our goals are being met, and might make further adjustments during this testing cycle that might require a reset of placement matches. If that’s the case, we’re try to provide advanced notice whenever possible.

In the meantime, we really appreciate your feedback, and thanks for everyone who is helping us test on PTR!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

That happens a lot.

If I got silver as Bastion, sure rag on me. But at least I picked one of the characters who could counter the top threat enemy Pharah when no one else did. Someone who keeps playing Reaper in that situation has no right to rag.

They should probably do something like a character switch lets you keep half the ult charge.

Not having a go, or diminishing the situation you found yourself in. Merely pointing stuff out in case you didn't know that some characters tend to have inflated stats when it comes to their performance.

Whenever I play Winston in a game I'm doing well as him, it's not unusual to find myself with a gold medal in kills, simply because his lightning gun seems to tag loads of people and I get the credit.

You did the right thing in picking a character you were able to use to counter someone on the other team that was causing your team a bunch of problems; but I think the people who do this, such as yourself, are in the minority, and if the "Ultimate nerf" that is currently on the ptr goes through as is, then I reckon you might find yourself in more similar situations (i.e. people don't swap as soon as they should because they'd lose what Ultimate % they've built up).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Season 3 changes coming
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749698219#post-1
    Another area of Competitive Play we’re trying to improve for Season 2 is how we distribute everybody into their Skill Tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc.) based on their SR. When Season 2 started, we had WAY more players in Gold and Platinum than we initially intended, and way fewer in Bronze and Silver. This was the result of how we calculated your initial SR for Season 2. We tried to partially reset player SR at the start of Season 2, but the results were not as we expected. Instead, below-average players started Season 2 at a higher SR than they should have been given their performance in Season 1. This meant that as they played in Season 2, their SR would often drop to a lower value, which didn’t feel great. It also meant that there was a much wider variation of skill in the Gold and Platinum tiers than we wanted. This is something we want to avoid in Season 3.

Me in a nutshell! Placed S1 at 62 and rose to 65 before the end. Placed S2 at 2800, rose to 2865, then dropped to 2600 where I've mostly hovered.

• Options
    I don't get why I hit the troll team wall every single time I'm on the cusp of breaking 2500. How are there consistently so many attacker Torbs/perma-Symmetras at borderline platinum this late into the season?

and geez, they're taking competitive down over Thanksgiving break??

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular

One thing that can be said about getting gold elims as Rein is that if you're swinging your hammer and killing dudes, you're not shielding as much. That can be a factor in why the rest of your team is struggling, if they're expecting or counting on your shield and it keeps dropping so you (I mean the general "you" here, not you in particular) can go hammer someone.

I mean, like 99% chance you're probably right here anyway and fuck that guy.

• Options
    Cog wrote: »

One thing that can be said about getting gold elims as Rein is that if you're swinging your hammer and killing dudes, you're not shielding as much. That can be a factor in why the rest of your team is struggling, if they're expecting or counting on your shield and it keeps dropping so you (I mean the general "you" here, not you in particular) can go hammer someone.

Generally speaking, my rule of thumb is to straight up try to be a shieldbot at the beginning with the ocassional firestrike thrown at dudes during any lull in oncoming fire - do not even so much as swing the hammer unless fight is already basically lost.

If by half match most of the team just refuses to stand behind the shield and shoot people, I kinda go a lot more liberal in swinging the hammer around, because might as well.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »

Generally speaking, my rule of thumb is to straight up try to be a shieldbot at the beginning with the ocassional firestrike thrown at dudes during any lull in oncoming fire - do not even so much as swing the hammer unless fight is already basically lost.

If by half match most of the team just refuses to stand behind the shield and shoot people, I kinda go a lot more liberal in swinging the hammer around, because might as well.

I know they shouldn't, but I find myself kind of enjoying the totally ham Reins if I'm playing Ana. Toss darts and grenades downfield, enjoy the carnage, and watch your ult meter skyrocket into yet more carnage. Of course, when it doesn't work, then you're pretty much just fucked. But when it does, it's pretty glorious.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I have a few people on my friends list, non-PA'rs, who placed platinum and have fallen down to low-mid gold level. Their initial placements make me especially bitter over my placement being 500 points lower than the two guys I did all of my placement matches with. Five 1/3 or 0/3 losses in a row absolutely tanked my ranking, but it didn't seem to effect them anywhere near as much. I main supports which probably didn't help me much even though my healing was in the 8000-10,000 range for all of the losses.

Best thing I can do is take a break from the game and hope my interest returns again. Or just stick to QP and try again next season unless I want to try and play myself out of the hole I was placed into. I have so many other games to play that I can always come back to Overwatch when I feel like playing again.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I took a break and then when I came back everyone good was playing competitive apparently and I started getting annoyed at random people on the interwebs. I used to say "gg" every match- Thing of the past! So clearly you should never stop playing.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to get okay at Mercy! She's actually really fun once you get to know her.

Also, there are few things more satisfying than suddenly whipping out the BB-gun and getting a kill with it. I downed a Reaper who was going after our Bastion on Anubis Defense one game and he was... upset.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to get okay at Mercy! She's actually really fun once you get to know her.

Also, there are few things more satisfying than suddenly whipping out the BB-gun and getting a kill with it. I downed a Reaper who was going after our Bastion on Anubis Defense one game and he was... upset.

The thing with Mercy's gun is it basically entirely relies on headshots for damage output, and they have a generous enough hitbox that it's not that hard to do with some practice. 5 headshots kills a 200 health hero, and she fires 5 shots a second.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    would any of you guys be up for carrying a dumb babby like me through Junkensein's Revenge? I'm DRX777#2562 on battlenet! <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I played some competitive last night with a pair of PAers, and man. Our team comp for Dorado was Reinhardt (me), Genji, Mercy, Mei, Hanzo, and Widowmaker. On attack. Shade was thrown pre-game. (I maintained my naively optimistic outlook the entire time, I'll have you know.) It was a slog. We struggled to make headway against a team that had two healers, a Rein of their own, a Zarya, and some miscellaneous DPS I can't recall.

And after a well-placed Dragonstrike, we took the first point.

We kept on slogging. Our positioning was wretched. I barely had anyone to shield. We flailed. I caught three of them in a random Earthshatter and hammered them all to death. We crawled up to the second point.

The enemy changed their comp against us; I seem to recall a Pharah and a McCree getting involved. Time ran out with the payload somewhere at the bottom of the ramp. But everyone threw their bodies at the payload one after the other. More ults got exchanged. Thirty seconds later, we took the third checkpoint.

And then, somehow, with another two-sniper comp (subbing Pharah for Genji initially, and then Roadhog for Mei and D.Va for Reinhardt when the enemy charged through the first two checkpoints in under a minute), we managed to keep them from taking the third point and won the match.

We laughed and laughed and laughed.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    After placing at 2480, dropping to 2200s after 2 or 3 losses, I finally made the slow climb up to 2500 and hit platinum this week, which was all I meant to accomplish in this season. so yay!

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I landed Diamond in my first round of PTR placements, Platinum in the second round, Gold when season 2 went live, rose steadily to 2800 before plummeting back to 2450 or so. It's been a rollercoaster.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Other then presumably people who are actually trying and if you don't like playing against copies of heroes I don't see the point in ranked unless you're a full team. Not like you're losing or gaining rank based on your skills (mostly). But then I've played I think 1 placement match before. I'm happy to think myself average at best, don't need points disabusing me.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Mei needs a nerf.There's no possible combination that beats 5 of them and a Lucio on Hollywood. Chain ults and put up walls. Attacking from range? You don't need 5 Icicles to kill you, but god knows at least 3 are coming at you from across the map. Can't close the distance because the gun has ridiculous range. About to kill one? Iceblock and the others kill you. Aftera night of people dicking around and not taking any tanks or healers in most of my games, to end on that one was the last straw.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    pretty sure they aren't balancing around hero stacking quickmatch games

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Other then presumably people who are actually trying and if you don't like playing against copies of heroes I don't see the point in ranked unless you're a full team. Not like you're losing or gaining rank based on your skills (mostly). But then I've played I think 1 placement match before. I'm happy to think myself average at best, don't need points disabusing me.

Eh I enjoy my solo ranked. Sure luck of the draw is a big factor but over enough games you end up where you should be. And for the most part people take it seriously which I can't say for quickplay.

Speaking of competitive I checked my Overbuff statistics and my take away is I have to learn to be way less aggressive as Rein. https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Rock-1108?mode=competitive Pretty happy with my other mains but Reins win rate isn't cutting it. I'd consider cutting back on him but as I mainly play Zarya and Supports not having him as an option limits me a fair bit. Anyone got any pointers?

I'll have to put some playtime into Mei. Since I'm garbage at hitscan, of the non healers/tanks she's probably my best option to work on. And hopefully when D.VA gets her buff I'll have another viable tank to play. I was decent with her prior to the meta crushing her.

Road Block on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    übergeek wrote: »
    Mei needs a nerf.There's no possible combination that beats 5 of them and a Lucio on Hollywood. Chain ults and put up walls. Attacking from range? You don't need 5 Icicles to kill you, but god knows at least 3 are coming at you from across the map. Can't close the distance because the gun has ridiculous range. About to kill one? Iceblock and the others kill you. Aftera night of people dicking around and not taking any tanks or healers in most of my games, to end on that one was the last straw.

Honestly. I don't think balancing around hero stacks is possible or desirable.

I wish they would just implement that single hero version of quickplay they were talking about.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Honestly, now that I've hit my rank, I dive into ranked when I'm tired of hero-stacking (had 5 meis lots recently) and just want to play a serious match. Sure, there's less freedom to mess around on my part (so, like, probably not playing widow), and I take it seriously and try to make picks that support the group (usually an actual support character), but sometimes it's just a relief to play a few rounds with people who take the matches seriously. And on console no one types or seemingly talks so there isn't a lot of human drama that goes with it.

The other thing that's been annoying recently is half my team refusing to fight and just running around spamming the hello emote. At least when I'm in the mood for a semi-serious match.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Mei needs a nerf.There's no possible combination that beats 5 of them and a Lucio on Hollywood.

Pharah's hard to hit with icicles at range in the air and can keep an area suppressed and keep lobbing damage downrange. Zarya's bubbles can protect from freeze. Bastion can keep an area suppressed, carve through walls, and force iceblock as soon as they show themselves and then pick up pieces when it wears off, and setting up on the elevator at first point makes it hard to corner peek him. Widow can instakill them at long range. Junkrat can keep lobbing grenades outside of line of sight and the trap/bomb are useful.

But random pubs picking whoever without coordination will always have trouble with any comp.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    also, remember that mei's icicles have quite nasty falloff, if you're sufficiently far away they don't do much

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »

Didn't they nerf Winston back in the day primarily because stacking winston got rather crazy?

• Options
    Jars wrote: »

Didn't they nerf Winston back in the day primarily because stacking winston got rather crazy?

That was when you could stack in competitive and pro games.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I hadn't played in a while, but I got myself a few boxes for my birthday because that Mercy skin and Junkenstein were just too good not to.

First box, nada. Second... HFS TWO LEGENDARIES!!! Two Pumpkin Reapers. :|

Few boxes later, OMG ANOTHER L... Pumpkin Reaper.

Few more boxes, OMG AN... Pumpkin Reaper.

Eventual count: 5. 5 Pumpkin Reapers. That's a lot of pumpkins. And I don't even like Reaper to start with.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    At least you're getting gold for those. 90% of my legendaries have been various vanilla skins that I have no intent of ever using. I wish I could grind them up for gold.

I've got 10 more levels until I prestige, and then a big splurge around halloween itself. At least I should finally scrape together the last 800 gold I need to buy witch mercy from all that...

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I wish they would just implement that single hero version of quickplay they were talking about.

Yeah, you're basically ask them to balance around the "non-serious" version of the game based on a mega-stack of coordinated players. That is a Not Good approach to fun and useful game balance. I guarantee that the majority of characters, when stacked and played with coordination, will seem like the most bullshit thing imaginable.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    A good play on kings row is to have a mei block the view to the building, take the whole team through the window with a Lucio speed boosting, and then have everyone go up the stairs, then engage the defending team. Works 9 times out of 10.

I'm trying to picture this but I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

I think you mean get everyone to the right side building by landing on that balcony, through the window leading to the right side flanking staircase, which makes sense

but I'm not sure where Mei is putting her wall in this case

fe3mxujxbdht.gif

Basically this. As fast as possible. Mei puts up her wall as soon as she can (so from the bus to the building), lucio speed boosts everyone up and out, then everyone goes out the window and up the stairs to the right. From there typically the off tank and flanker circle through the building, potentially going up top to take care of any bastion or torb up there, and you have the enemy team surrounded, sometimes within 20 seconds of the match starting.

Sometimes when I get a team to try this we do end up with 2-3 deaths, but we do enough damage where we're able to really take advantage of the natural distance advantage that attackers have and just decimate them outright. Also, since I'm usually playing DVA I go through first and take out any sym turrets around the window and the door, and we're good. It also seems to surprise the enemy team enough where even if they do have a bastion set up on the left side of the choke, they don't end up taking the team out, and instead are out of position to harm us once up the stairs after going through the window.

The green is where you go, the red is where to put the wall. Also this is between SR 2200-2600. I've had games with this strat where wedon't stop moving until the second corner before the end of the map and have I think 7 minutes to get that tiny little bit of ground.

just something I thought I'd post here. Bad strat or no?

No I don't.
  • Options
    I got a legendary!

It was a duplicate Devi skin, one of my least favorite in the game :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

God yes.

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

God yes.

They've been pretty quiet about it recently :(. Shame considering how transparent Bliz has been with other stuff.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    just something I thought I'd post here. Bad strat or no?
    The danger is that it's countered by Junkrat and Reinhardt waiting for your final exit.

But in general, any co-ordinated team strat that isn't "charge into their faces" will see you through games below Master, so it's by no means bad.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options

While Mei shouldn't be nerfed due to how she is when the team stacks a whole bunch of her, when playing one of these games it became quickly apparent that the rate at which she gets her Ult was too quick by my reckoning (I think it's getting a nerf in addition to the overall nerf?).

Generally speaking, if you see a team hero stacking, it isn't really worth sticking around. Tracer teams are the most miserable experience for me anyway. You're better off just leaving once you can see what they're up to.*

*saying that, there was an Eichenwalde game recently; after I went through the bridge doorway I got hit by about 15 Symmetra turrets. So I just switched to Winston, jumped on the bridge, destroyed all the turrets, and that was pretty much it (3 of the Symmetra's quit after we got the first point which was very satisfactory).

PSN Fleety2009
This discussion has been closed.