As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

US Presidential Election: I could have, but didn't

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Orphane wrote: »
    I just like

Bankrupt is the perfect word to describe trump

I have never seen someone so utterly deficient, spiritually, morally, personally deficient of all the qualities that might make someone a decent person

He is a mass of void crabs in an ill-stitched suit of flesh, screeching in terror and acting solely on an instinct to return back to the chaos and nothingness of his home.
    This message sponsored by the Buckaroo Party Viceman Chuck Tingle

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Newsweek suspects hackers crashed website because of negative Trump article

Apparently it was a ddos yesterday

"We don't know everything. We're still investigating," Newsweek editor in chief Jim Impoco told POLITICO. "But it was a massive DDoS attack, and it took place in the early evening just as prominent cable news programs were discussing Kurt Eichenwald's explosive investigation into how Donald Trump's company broke the law by breaking the United States embargo against Cuba."

As of Friday afternoon, Impoco told POLITICO that the main IP addresses involved in the hack were Russian, but that there was "nothing definitive" about the ongoing investigation.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Trump is a guy who talks about watching supermodels have sex but feels free to say a woman is no angel for being in some reality TV sex scene.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I just like

I have never seen someone so utterly deficient, spiritually, morally, personally deficient of all the qualities that might make someone a decent person

Sometimes I just run out of words and am reduced to a childlike Manichaean outlook on this election and this country and forget all the ways Trump has over time demonstrated his character and intelligence and judgment and just

Trump is BAD. He is a BAD MAN.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I just like

Sometimes I just run out of words and am reduced to a childlike Manichaean outlook on this election and this country and forget all the ways Trump has over time demonstrated his character and intelligence and judgment and just

would u say he is a devilman?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    I just like

I mean, Newt Gingrich is right next to him...

Gingrich, while a horrible person, does at least like animals.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I just like

He's no Todd Cobbler

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Trump is a guy who talks about watching supermodels have sex but feels free to say a woman is no angel for being in some reality TV sex scene.

Whatever this reality TV thing might be, that's not what anybody is really talking about.

It's just typical, straight up slut shaming.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah its amazing the guy who has numerous times commented sexually about his daughters would bring up sex at all.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    By the way, I'm loving this mini-Brexit thing with the override of the 9/11 bill veto. So awesome!

Can't wait for Trump to weigh in on it. Should be well-measured as any response can be.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I just like

devilman2.jpg?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I just like

BrG8L1u.jpg?1

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    If I were Obama I'd be putting forth an executive order that the President can no longer declare war without house and senate backing (even for the limited amount of time he/she can now) and that the use of Nuclear devices has to have a majority agreement in the house and senate.

I'd publicly do that, right now. Just to drive it home. Let Hillary repeal it when she gets in office.

Technically it is up to Congress and really the president has limited ability to commit forces without approval. Nuclear devices tend to be marked retaliation only. But that gets hazy.

Though Obama did set up a new precedent of going to Congress for the Libya intervention and with Syria. He refused to act without authorization which is something no president has done for a long long time.

It may be up to Congress to full declare war, but it is the President and ONLY the President who has the power to authorize/order the release and use of nuclear weapons.

And without getting into secure details, I will say that there isn't really a system in place to slap the President's (potentially tiny and cheeto colored) hand when he reaches out in a fit of pique because some mean woman said a mean thing about him. This is what scares me.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I just like

devilman2.jpg?

http://www.trumpdebatefacts.com/ of course

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I just like

alt post:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocI_R8lMpM

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I just like

alt post:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocI_R8lMpM

Statistically, that kid's voting for Trump.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Ron Howard? Nope democrat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    If I were Obama I'd be putting forth an executive order that the President can no longer declare war without house and senate backing (even for the limited amount of time he/she can now) and that the use of Nuclear devices has to have a majority agreement in the house and senate.

I'd publicly do that, right now. Just to drive it home. Let Hillary repeal it when she gets in office.

Technically it is up to Congress and really the president has limited ability to commit forces without approval. Nuclear devices tend to be marked retaliation only. But that gets hazy.

Though Obama did set up a new precedent of going to Congress for the Libya intervention and with Syria. He refused to act without authorization which is something no president has done for a long long time.

It may be up to Congress to full declare war, but it is the President and ONLY the President who has the power to authorize/order the release and use of nuclear weapons.

And without getting into secure details, I will say that there isn't really a system in place to slap the President's (potentially tiny and cheeto colored) hand when he reaches out in a fit of pique because some mean woman said a mean thing about him. This is what scares me.

so on this point, with Donald's oh so wonderful temperament being what it is, there is a process to launching nukes right? there are generals or watch commanders or someone who actually has to act on the order. we all know it isn't a literal fucking button, and as much as Donald will want to launch at the merest slight against himself, there's a chain of command that will stop it from happening, yes?

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

so on this point, with Donald's oh so wonderful temperament being what it is, there is a process to launching nukes right? there are generals or watch commanders or someone who actually has to act on the order. we all know it isn't a literal fucking button, and as much as Donald will want to launch at the merest slight against himself, there's a chain of command that will stop it from happening, yes?

No.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Read that Katy Tur article and then watched her interview with Trump when he kicked off in the primary. Dunno how I missed this the first time around.

It's exhausting and I don't know how any of these reporters do it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    If you are wondering why the Libertarian VP candidate basically endorsed the Democratic candidate, well...

That's who he's running with.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Trump is actually a lot like the kid in that episode in terms of personality, intellectual capacity, level of maturity, and his near-total solipsism.

Duffel on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

So I don't suppose Obama would have the authority to dismantle our entire nuclear arsenal

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    If you are wondering why the Libertarian VP candidate basically endorsed the Democratic candidate, well...

was that before or after it was announced that Tubman would be on the $20 bill? its pretty damning either way, but extra so if its another example of him ignoring current events and not just being ignorant of his nations history.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    jmcdonald wrote: »

i'm going to miss B-rock the islamic shock Hussein Supperallah Obama

but, hopefully he'll spend those couple years he sticks around in DC doing stuff like this

Literally like this.

Just, messing up Hilary's schedule while talking to everyone and being so unstoppably charming and fun and DAMNIT OBAMA GET ON THE PLANE.
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    the fact that we are selling so many of these:

fo_shizzle_tee_flat.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1200&w=1200

at the store I work at, is making me very happy

I'd wear that shirt, but like only on weekends

I'd wear it to work where I'm the sole liberal.

My bosses would probably have aneurysms.

Whelp, shopping for SenorAmor just got really easy, take note secret santas! (assuming you participate in an exchange of course)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    I just like

Let's not unfairly insult the devil here.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just saw a trump ad that literally said "PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH"

i was so flabbergasted i forgot to screenshot it on my phone

Like....how???

You are SHITTING me!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37301176

52 second long video, shows up in the first 20 seconds.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

that's... Bill Mumy.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

that's... Bill Mumy.

Well then statistically, as a Babylon 5 alumni, that kid's dead.

• Options

that's... Bill Mumy.

Shit. Well uhh Democrat? I mean he was Lenier...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Duffel wrote: »
    I just like

ciVpAOu.jpg

Put him in charge of a zoo, let him use his powers for good.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Aridhol wrote: »

Like....how???

UNITY THROUGH FAITH!

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

BY THE TRANSITIVE PROPERTY PEACE THROUGH IGNORANCE

But peace is a lie, there is only passion!

PASSION THROUGH IGNORANCE

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Aridhol wrote: »

Like....how???

UNITY THROUGH FAITH!

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

BY THE TRANSITIVE PROPERTY PEACE THROUGH IGNORANCE

But peace is a lie, there is only passion!

PASSION THROUGH IGNORANCE

Ignorance is a lie.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I just like

No. Redeeming. Qualities

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

was that before or after it was announced that Tubman would be on the $20 bill? its pretty damning either way, but extra so if its another example of him ignoring current events and not just being ignorant of his nations history.

IIRC, it was around the announcement (which is why it was a topic of conversation).

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    I just like

ciVpAOu.jpg

Put him in charge of a zoo, let him use his powers for good.

A zoo...on the moon!

• Options
    I don't want Newt in charge of a zoo, as soon as the first animal gets sick he leaves it for a better younger zoo.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Trump was going full nutcase today apparently.

America used to control the internet, but because of Hillary, now it doesn't. And she's acid washing her e-mails because she's probably being hacked all over. So you better be keeping a close eye on the voting machines and inspecting them personally to make sure nobody's voting for her. And have we talked about her cattle investments yet?

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so horrifying.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Gary Johnson is like Donald Trump if Donald Trump were bad at being Donald Trump.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Trump was going full nutcase today apparently.

America used to control the internet, but because of Hillary, now it doesn't. And she's acid washing her e-mails because she's probably being hacked all over. So you better be keeping a close eye on the voting machines and inspecting them personally to make sure nobody's voting for her. And have we talked about her cattle investments yet?

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so horrifying.

THE INTERNET DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

This discussion has been closed.