As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Last Jedi Teaser can be seen right now in the [Star Wars] thread

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, last night was the 38th anniversary of the broadcast of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

I assumed everyone watched it yesterday, until just now when I thought maybe they forgot to.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Their brains forgot for very good reasons
    Cocaine is a powerful drug

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I watched The Star Wars Holiday Special once, years ago, and I remember every second of it in vivid detail. I can't remember my nana's birthday but I can remember Art Carney hooking Chewie's father-in-law, Itchy, into a virtual reality jerk-off chair

• Options
    STIR, WHIP, STIR, WHIP, WHIP WHIP STIR.

And then I look up the chef on Wookieepedia. And then I notice there's a Canon tab. It is apparently Star Wars Canon that Maz Kanata's cook was inspired by a four-armed Harvey Korman.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I hate Wookieepedia every bit as much as I love it, and I love it a lot

Hobnail on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

On the AV Club there is a user called Reposted Wookieepedia that only posts quotes from Wookieepedia articles.

Except that they quote stuff that's always somehow relevant to what they're commenting on, even if it has nothing at all to do with Star Wars.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I actually think detours might have been okay

I mean, Seth Green is definitely one of the people I'd want on that project

• Options
    I think my favourite bit from the Star Wars Holiday Special was definitely

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Lg4gGk53iY

• Options
  • Options
    Glorious

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Pretty good Rebels ep this week, a mid sized bit of fleet combat and a bunch of cocky kids joyriding Dash Rendar's ship. :P

Also, more bits of the games continue to sneak their way into the films. In that Rogue One trailer...
    The new Rebel gunship has a door Ion cannon that fires blue. They only did those in the X-Wing games. Also, you can clearly see Old Republic cruiser knockoffs based on the Hammerhead design as part of the Rebel fleet.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

Even I, with a half shelf filled with old Star Wars books and comics, have not dared walk the true depths of Wookiepedia, for that way lies madness, and lightsaber form and Super Star destroyer arguments. The horror.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    2-1B/DRX likewise ordered for Vader's helmet to be waxed with woodoo hide in the hopes that the resulting shine would distract Palpatine from the shortcuts they were forced to implement during the surgery.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    More plz.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Midnite wrote: »

Auralnauts has such a weird sense of humor. All of these goofs are so nonsensical and barely coherent and heavily reliant on running gags, and it feels like something I would normally hate

And yet it's amazing

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Midnite wrote: »

Auralnauts has such a weird sense of humor. All of these goofs are so nonsensical and barely coherent and heavily reliant on running gags, and it feels like something I would normally hate

And yet it's amazing

The technomancer, Flo Rida.

Edit: my phone stopped displaying text

Weaver on
  • Options
    In the midst of my busy day studying, I wanted to take a moment to say.

I truly despise the character of Galen "Starkiller" Marek.

That is all.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There was some solid C-3PO shots from the Muppet Show that could have fit right into that trailer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

That is all.

I know I'm a mostly alone, but those games are fun.

Plot is just wonderfully insane. Kinda bummed we won't see where they were going with the cliffhanger plot at the end of 2.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Listening to the Doctor Strange soundtrack makes me dissapointed again that Desplat isn't doing Rogue One. It's not that bad, but alot of it just sounds like a fourth Star Trek score with a little bit prog rock instrumentation thrown in, if at all.

Also the only pun I really like on it is "The Eyes Have It".

• Options

That is all.

I know I'm a mostly alone, but those games are fun.

Plot is just wonderfully insane. Kinda bummed we won't see where they were going with the cliffhanger plot at the end of 2.

I thought they were fun to play but starkiller was boring and it was extremely dumb of them to bring him back for the second one

• Options
    I can't comment on the gameplay, but Gooood, it's the most 11 year old self-insert, "my character can do anything and is the most special snowflake ever the universe revolves around" possible.

• Options
    he was basically a really annoying, crappy version of kyle katarn

• Options
    I feel bad even comparing him to Kyle.

• Options
    the silly thing is that the premise of the force unleashed already gives a great excuse to reintroduce Kyle

he's had two jedi adventures already, now you can drop him into one where he's already a badass

but no, instead of that, let's have a broody teenage jackass, because that resonated so well with people in the prequels

• Options
    Or just play the game as Darth Vader, which is you know, what people actually wanted.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder if Republic commando holds up.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Or just play the game as Darth Vader, which is you know, what people actually wanted.

Especially since you tease the player with that amazing intro level

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Shorty wrote: »
    the silly thing is that the premise of the force unleashed already gives a great excuse to reintroduce Kyle

he's had two jedi adventures already, now you can drop him into one where he's already a badass

but no, instead of that, let's have a broody teenage jackass, because that resonated so well with people in the prequels

Make sure he's a white dude with a shaved head

We all know that's a design that really resonates!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I liked one of the DLC level of the first FUL, were Starkiller is the eager to please apprentice to the Emperor and the Emperor is just "Fine.... just do what needs to be done and try to get killed doing it, idiot."

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    is it too late to post my favorite wookieepedia article?

i posit that it is not

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    There is a wookipedia article on breasts.

Not to be out done. There is also one on memory alpha.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    There is a wookipedia article on breasts.

Not to be out done. There is also one on memory alpha.

And there's a two-and-a-half minute segment by SF Debris (starting at the 15:00 mark here) comparing and contrasting the two.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My favourite is the one on jizz. It's actually a boring article but it's good for catching people by surprise.

Plus, whenever they watch star wars they'll know that they're listening to jizz.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I wonder if Republic commando holds up.

Totally does, it's one of the best Star Wars games.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I'd be perfectly happy with an Ahsoka Unleashed or Kanan Unleashed.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ahsoka is the best character who started out awful and became great

This discussion has been closed.