As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Presidential Election is no Forza Horizon 3

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302649-trump-claims-he-was-endorsed-conceptually-by-military
    In an interview with Florida's WJXT-TV, Trump touted his endorsement from the national Fraternal Order of Police as well as other groups and organizations.

"We had a fantastic meeting with the folks, [a] pretty large group of folks, and they’re very upset about the way they’re being treated, and I understand that fully," Trump said.

"And they’ve endorsed me, endorsed me fully. I’ve been endorsed by virtually every police department and police group. And I’ve been endorsed largely, conceptually at least, by the military and by the vets," he continued.

A conceptual endorsement. Okay then.

Well, since most Republicans believe that life begins at conception, I guess now political endorsements do as well.
    moniker wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    it's amazing someone can't just say 'hey provoking violence kind of sucks' without being told they're blaming the victim or that they are anti civil rights

the law was never mentioned, rights were never mentioned, no one was forgiven for their reactions.

this also isn't an oppressed group trying to get their oppressors brought to justice. it simply isn't.

I must be missing something because I still am not understanding where the conspiracy to provoke violence is. You and Obi seem to be making claims based on facts not in evidence.

A dude is dressing up as Donald Duck and standing around with a sign calling on Trump to release his tax records. That isn't shouting epithets at people or condemning anyone other than the specific candidate for public office. How is that an incitement to violence? Because I agree with you, incitements to violence are deplorable and should not be engaged in. Hillary and the DNC did not engage in incitement/provocations to violence with Donald Duck. So...where is the disconnect?

Not to mention that one of the supposedly shocking attempts to "provoke violence" was mentioning someone attending a Trump rally wearing a Planned Parenthood shirt. In no sane universe should that be considered provoking violence, but the fact that it is in Trumpland is a good deal more damning of Trump supporters than it is of the Democratic Party or Clinton.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302649-trump-claims-he-was-endorsed-conceptually-by-military
    In an interview with Florida's WJXT-TV, Trump touted his endorsement from the national Fraternal Order of Police as well as other groups and organizations.

"We had a fantastic meeting with the folks, [a] pretty large group of folks, and they’re very upset about the way they’re being treated, and I understand that fully," Trump said.

"And they’ve endorsed me, endorsed me fully. I’ve been endorsed by virtually every police department and police group. And I’ve been endorsed largely, conceptually at least, by the military and by the vets," he continued.

A conceptual endorsement. Okay then.

This is big, especially after getting the support of the national avant-guard.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    It'd be great if we had secure voting machines because I imagine counting hand ballots is a less than fun process. It'd be even better if we could vote online!

Will we ever be able to do that securely and in a way everyone agrees works? Probably not!

Voting online is a terrible idea.

It has all of the problems of electronic voting, with even less security. You can't trust the client.

Nah, its cool. Time travellers from the future told me president Dick Butts and vice president V P Mcveepface actually worked out very well.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    In my precinct in Texas at least the last couple elections they don't use touch screens but instead this weird dial thing and a button to select people.
    the dial wheel is so weird
    i swear they make weird vote tools just to fuck with votes

Fuckin' chads, man.

Fuckin' chads.

Yep, let 'em do that and eventually they start havin' babies!

chads.gif

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Can we all agree voting machines are stupid?
    A folded piece of paper stuffed in a cardboard box works just fine.

Sincerely, everywhere else.

"Hi there,"

-Florida

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I... I can't tell if that's a joke or something actually distributed for the 2000 election recounts.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I... I can't tell if that's a joke or something actually distributed for the 2000 election recounts.

That is actual definitions of the terms.

Florida's old ballots were not well made.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

As someone who lived and voted in Palm Beach County in 2000, I am reasonably sure it's real. I think I remember hearing all those terms.

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    I bet somewhere somebody remade that thing with just different versions of a guy named Chad. I haven't googled it yet, but I'm sure it's there.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

MuddBudd wrote: »

That is actual definitions of the terms.

Florida's old ballots were not well made.

well... the ballots Florida used in urban areas were not made well. most places used Scrantons.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    One of my neighbors now has a 3-foot by 4-foot homemade fabric sign with "VOTE TRUMP/PENCE NEVER THE LIAR" stenciled on.

How twisted up in the head do you need to be for the Trump/Pence ticket to be the honest one? The alternate reality these people live in is like Bizarro world.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Fucking dial wheels to select candidates? Touchscreens?

I again say: You guys fucking suck at democracy.

I have no idea why you make all this so complicated.

Because we have a sub set of our elected officials who want to make it hard to do to discourage people from doing it.

And it doesn't help that everything is made by the lowest bidder. Considering how well that policy is working out, we're lucky our voting machines don't catch fire if they take off without sufficient tailwind.

And, like everything the government contracts industry to build, when you look into it you find out there are exactly two vendors, providing only the illusion of competition.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »
    I bet somewhere somebody remade that thing with just different versions of a guy named Chad. I haven't googled it yet, but I'm sure it's there.

don't need one

all guys named Chad are awful

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kellyanne-conway-tells-trump-stop-sounding-like-losing
    In a CNN profile out Monday, Trump’s campaign manager described her efforts to get her candidate to keep up a sunny outlook and avoid distracting tangents.

"You and I are in a fight for the next 17 days," Conway said she told Trump on the campaign plane after he diverted from a planned Saturday speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to threaten lawsuits against the women who have accused him of sexual harassment.

When Trump asked why, Conway said: "Because I know you're going to win. And that comment you just made sounds like you think you're going to lose. And we're going to argue about it until you win."

According to Conway, Trump replied, “Okay honey. Then we’ll win.”

Yet as Conway herself admitted, she can only do so much to keep Trump on-message.

"People will seriously say, 'Can't you delete his Twitter account?'" Conway told CNN.

"I'm not going to take away— it's not for me to take away a grown man's Twitter account," she went on.

• Options

don't need one

You're preaching to the choir. I've never met a Chad who wasn't a douche.

Then again, I've never met a person with my own name who wasn't a douche. This does not bode well for me.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    When Trump asked why, Conway said: "Because I know you're going to win."

Good to know she's an equal-opportunity liar.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Yeah, this is the part where Conway is very obviously pitching herself for a role in 2020.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Or, absolutely batshit delusional.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kellyanne-conway-tells-trump-stop-sounding-like-losing
    In a CNN profile out Monday, Trump’s campaign manager described her efforts to get her candidate to keep up a sunny outlook and avoid distracting tangents.

"You and I are in a fight for the next 17 days," Conway said she told Trump on the campaign plane after he diverted from a planned Saturday speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to threaten lawsuits against the women who have accused him of sexual harassment.

When Trump asked why, Conway said: "Because I know you're going to win. And that comment you just made sounds like you think you're going to lose. And we're going to argue about it until you win."

According to Conway, Trump replied, “Okay honey. Then we’ll win.”

Yet as Conway herself admitted, she can only do so much to keep Trump on-message.

"People will seriously say, 'Can't you delete his Twitter account?'" Conway told CNN.

"I'm not going to take away— it's not for me to take away a grown man's Twitter account," she went on.

Yes it is! If you're the campaign manager, you remove things that are a distraction or harming your candidate, and you can be damn sure that Twitter is harming your candidate.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Orca wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    It'd be great if we had secure voting machines because I imagine counting hand ballots is a less than fun process. It'd be even better if we could vote online!

Will we ever be able to do that securely and in a way everyone agrees works? Probably not!

Voting online is a terrible idea.

It has all of the problems of electronic voting, with even less security. You can't trust the client.

or the server it is literally the worst possible idea

Roz on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The signal she is sending is not "I believe in this campaign and want to win" it's "Trump is fucking up in a way that is beyond my control, I am still a solid operative." She wants to be known as the one person who actually moved Trump vaguely in the right direction, not one of the many incompetents lashed to his campaign.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

don't need one

You're preaching to the choir. I've never met a Chad who wasn't a douche.

Then again, I've never met a person with my own name who wasn't a douche. This does not bode well for me.

When I was out in Denver, we got cautioned to avoid the "Chad bars".

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    One of my neighbors now has a 3-foot by 4-foot homemade fabric sign with "VOTE TRUMP/PENCE NEVER THE LIAR" stenciled on.

How twisted up in the head do you need to be for the Trump/Pence ticket to be the honest one? The alternate reality these people live in is like Bizarro world.

It really all depends on where you get your information from. They think the same thing about us.

If you watch Fox News and believe that it's the fair and balanced channel, you see non-stop coverage of emails that prove! Hillary and Obama are in collusion to hide foreign powers controlling our government. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people that watch Fox only get their news from that one channel. You've also got Breitbart/Drudge Report doing the same thing. And all of them claim that they're the only sources for honest news, so their watchers refuse to believe anything else. To them, people that watch other sources are the ones living in a Bizzaro world.

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    The signal she is sending is not "I believe in this campaign and want to win" it's "Trump is fucking up in a way that is beyond my control, I am still a solid operative." She wants to be known as the one person who actually moved Trump vaguely in the right direction, not one of the many incompetents lashed to his campaign.

I am Conway. I am a master class bullshitter. I can bullshit 7 different people with 7 opposing opinions all in the same room at the same time. Let ME bullshit for YOU in 2020.

Here's my card.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    According to Conway, Trump replied, “Okay honey.

Gross.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

It's literally her job to do her absolute best to make that true.

• Options
    Additionally, in the same way that we don't lend any credence to the O'Keefe videos they don't lend any credence to people accusing Trump of anything. They don't have a background of people falsifying videos the way we have with O'keefe, but from Breitbart/Fox/Drudge everything is made up by the media anyway so they believe that instead of anything contradictory to their world view.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Or, absolutely batshit delusional.

Or doing her job as hard as she can. Half the ability to win is to believe it and convince people you can do it. Trumps weird rants could potentially really deflate his voter turn out because if his base thinks the whole thing is rigged and the candidate seems to be giving up then why bother voting at all.

• Options
    Additionally, a lot of the way they frame their viewpoint relies on faith being the end word; critical thinking is literally something that they are encouraged to avoid.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    ahahah wtf is a conceptual endorsement?

The best kind of endorsement. The tremendous kind of endorsement, you wouldn't believe how tremendous.

The one thing I hate the most about this election - and God knows there's a huge amount to hate - is that it's going to take years to get Trump's manner of speech out of my head.

You are never going to be able to get it out. No matter what, Trump has fully permeated American culture. He is going to be a cultural touchstone for the rest of our natural lives.

On a totally unrelated subject, would you happen to know the name and number of a good, professional lobotomist?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I like that she was willing to say in an interview that Trump is acting like he's gonna lose. whether she's positioning herself for 2020 or not... and hell why shouldn't she be, everyone else is.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    ahahah wtf is a conceptual endorsement?

The best kind of endorsement. The tremendous kind of endorsement, you wouldn't believe how tremendous.

The one thing I hate the most about this election - and God knows there's a huge amount to hate - is that it's going to take years to get Trump's manner of speech out of my head.

You are never going to be able to get it out. No matter what, Trump has fully permeated American culture. He is going to be a cultural touchstone for the rest of our natural lives.

On a totally unrelated subject, would you happen to know the name and number of a good, professional lobotomist?

Ask for the good sirs Stanley, Black & Decker.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular

That line felt touching in a weird way, like a mother with a child going into a competition who knows he's well out of his depth, but she projects endless confidence because damnit that's her job.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Tim Kaine knows what Mormons like. Mission service.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865665566/Exclusive-Tim-Kaine-Why-religious-mission-service-matters-to-America.html
    Exclusive: Tim Kaine: Why religious mission service matters to America
    This week, hundreds of young men and women arrived in Provo to begin an exciting, daunting adventure. I have a keen sense of what that’s like. Once, just like them, I was preparing to go on a mission.
    This election is very freakish.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    This may get lost with a new thread, but apparently there's a video out there. Back from the 90's I think? (I believe I saw it on FB and not here)

Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag. Donald Trump meets him/her in a department store. And there's.....some sort of exchange where he/she is spraying perfume for Donald to smell. And invariably, he ends up close to her boobs and his face gets smashed into them. And then Giuliani smacks Trump.

It's....odd.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

don't need one

I know at least one Chad who is utterly delightful in every respect.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    This may get lost with a new thread, but apparently there's a video out there. Back from the 90's I think? (I believe I saw it on FB and not here)

Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag. Donald Trump meets him/her in a department store. And there's.....some sort of exchange where he/she is spraying perfume for Donald to smell. And invariably, he ends up close to her boobs and his face gets smashed into them. And then Giuliani smacks Trump.

It's....odd.

I think its from SNL or something, its not a new clip.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

don't need one

I know at least one Chad who is utterly delightful in every respect.

Maybe he is the Drizzt Do'Urden of chads.

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Trump on ACA just now (paraphrased)
    "Unless you have a long term serious issue you'll never be able to use it."

So it's covering the people it's intended to cover then?

"There's gonna be a lot of brexit happening in about 2 weeks!"

Aridhol on
This discussion has been closed.