As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    (Distraction Needed)
    I played a handful of extremely poor games of IB last night. For my troubles, I got a Clever Dragon with
    Perfect Balance/Hand Laid Stock
    Lightweight / High Caliber Rounds
    Counterbalance / Outlaw

Is there still some sort of downside/funniness with a gun that has both Perfect and Counterbalance? Is this... is this thing as nasty as it seems like on paper it would be?

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Booker wrote: »
    In the excitement, I forgot to mention that Banshee-44 has the GodRoll PDX-45 this Armsday: SPO-57, Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel.

/drools

You prefer HH over Counterbalance for your personal God Roll PDX?

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    (Distraction Needed)
    I played a handful of extremely poor games of IB last night. For my troubles, I got a Clever Dragon with
    Perfect Balance/Hand Laid Stock
    Lightweight / High Caliber Rounds
    Counterbalance / Outlaw

Is there still some sort of downside/funniness with a gun that has both Perfect and Counterbalance? Is this... is this thing as nasty as it seems like on paper it would be?
    That's a god roll.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Boy Shaxx really goes some places if you stay alive long enough, huh.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My best moments from Iron Banner last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaUTc4MxhLQ

Feels... deplorable...

Holy shit Booker. They ran out of medals! Huge Congrats!
    Was that your first one of those? Or have you been doing those before and just not sharing?

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I finally got my Moments of Triumph T-shirt!

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    I finally got my Moments of Triumph T-shirt!

Is it encrusted in coral or otherwise bear the mark of its treacherous passage 10,000 leagues under the sea?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Still waiting on my shirt : (

I did order it on the last day possible though so I guess that's what I get!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I got mine last week, my 4th Destiny shirt

I may have a problem

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Was that your first one of those? Or have you been doing those before and just not sharing?

I think that was my first? I don't remember scoring another one. I didn't know I had scored that accolade until you mentioned it. I just knew that I had run the board, and saw confirmation in a 27.0 KDR. At the time I was attempting to FIGHT FOREVER.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I should just play a ton of IB this week and get to LL 400.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

I think that was my first? I don't remember scoring another one. I didn't know I had scored that accolade until you mentioned it. I just knew that I had run the board, and saw confirmation in a 27.0 KDR. At the time I was attempting to FIGHT FOREVER.

Is your next move to kill John Conner?

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

And invite Piggy. You should ALL invite Piggy! :P

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

My longest killing spree: 24.

I still remember the game I thought to myself "hey, I'm going to break 25 kills with this next kill. Crap, the match is almost over and if don't hurry and get this last ki--" :|

Not thinking about that streak is the best way to get that one for sure.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Apart from the weapons, is there any other incentive to get to rank 5?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Nope, there's no "quest" that she gives you this time like she did on the first "Efrideet presents Iron Banner"

Huge bummer

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

You can buy a really good clever dragon...

...that's it I think

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hmm. I mean, I got fantastic loot getting to rank 4, but maybe it's time for the alts to shine.

• Options
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

And invite Piggy. You should ALL invite Piggy! :P

I'm going to be on tonight as well.

Let's all git our IB on, mofos.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I'm going to try NOT to pass out early and play some IB

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

...that's it I think

Judging from the *zero* that have dropped for me so far over the course of completing bounties on three characters, it is looking like a more and more appealing option.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »

...that's it I think

Judging from the *zero* that have dropped for me so far over the course of completing bounties on three characters, it is looking like a more and more appealing option.

Dooooooooo eeeeeeeet

Just graft that baby to your arm like space magic Robocop and go to town

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Anyone have a Warlock on PS4 that can do the first OP puzzle box?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    hmmm

I got a Clever Dragon with these rolls:

Iron Ranged Scope / Hammer Forged / Snapshot or Appended Magazine / Glass Half Full

it seems really good but I am not sure if the gun needs more stability or not

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    hmmm

Iron Ranged Scope / Hammer Forged / Snapshot or Appended Magazine / Glass Half Full

I'm pretty sure stability is a must on that archetype.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    dinoarus wrote: »
    I might be able to stay depending on how the first goes, just can't go too long since the later one will start after midnight for me

Okay, we should probably plan for having someone else. Anyone interested?

My wife is heading in for a sleep study so I'll probably be around with nothing to do. PM or @ me if you need me and I'm not online.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Due to shit beyond my control, I haven't gotten to play a single match of IB, so I'm hoping tomorrow night I don't get screwed by life

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I was feeling all good about myself in the Iron Banner Crucible

Let me tell you, life outside of the kiddie pool is rough!!
    Still had a very good time. Thanks for letting me join. Sorry about tanking the ol' w/l.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    hmmm

I'm pretty sure stability is a must on that archetype.

Imo, you can get away with no stability perks if you have counterbalance. Without it, the horizontal pull is substantial.

I have your exact roll except I have CB instead of GHF. There's a lot of vertical recoil, but the 36 rounds from appended mag lets you get some serious work in. I will say I've recently switched over to a blind perdition and the tight groupings on that feel down right amazing. So yeah, sorry, lot of words to say pass on that one.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    ???!
    My unflinching Clever Dragon is 99% vertical recoil. I'm going to go fire it some to confirm.

• Options
    meant to ask: chaperone worth using again?

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

"I'll tear out the heart of a Vex with my teeth..." Woah, shaxx, woah.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Got a Clever Dragon with all the good perks... Except Counterbalance.

Which seems to be the most important perk.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Chaperone is awesome, but not competitive. In my video from yesterday, note that two headshots were unable to down an opposing Titan at close range, and a third bodyshot was required to kill. This conflicts with my understanding of the math behind the crucible, so it is more likely that I landed a 170 damage headshot (at close range, within OHK distance of most other shotguns), missed the second headshot, and finished with the bodyshot. The golden damage number must have continued to drift across my view, creating the illusion of a second hit.

On the subject of the Clever Dragon, mine has Send It, a strong range increasing perk. At range, target acquisition pulls the horizontal recoil back on target, which caused me to assume the gun had massive vertical recoil. However, when I took the time to fire at walls, I observed ~70% vertical recoil.

I've thought for some time that Counterbalance is overrated, because it transforms horizontal recoil into vertical recoil. On some weapons, this is incredibly useful, but for the Clever Dragon, which is quite serviceable out of the box, I suspect Perfect Balance would be much more effective, as it would reduce overall recoil, without sacrificing mag capacity or range, both of which remain important to its effective use.

• Options
    soylenth wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

"I'll tear out the heart of a Vex with my teeth..." Woah, shaxx, woah.

I hope one day to be so brave.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I've thought for some time that Counterbalance is overrated, because it transforms horizontal recoil into vertical recoil. On some weapons, this is incredibly useful, but for the Clever Dragon, which is quite serviceable out of the box, I suspect Perfect Balance would be much more effective, as it would reduce overall recoil, without sacrificing mag capacity or range, both of which remain important to its effective use.

I got a Perfect Balance(+Braced Frame)/High Caliber Rounds(+Snapshot)/Headseeker Clever Dragon or something like that yesterday, basically a god roll without Counterbalance.

... Yet it kicks a hell of a lot more than my Grasp does.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I read on CruciblePlaybook that Grasp of Malok has higher base stats than the Clever Dragon.

• Options
    I read on CruciblePlaybook that Grasp of Malok has higher base stats than the Clever Dragon.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GtrNjOBJddXWzXh3rf45eED31XoyfYFUX71JU32tg2E/edit#gid=543913120
    GoM has 2 more range, 5 more AA, and 1 more recoil direction, and CD has 4 more stability.

• Options
    Will probably never use it but is perfect balance/braced frame, quickdraw/feather mag, glass half full/unflinching an okay Clever Dragon?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I really like Blind Perdition too... But 24 rounds? My Grasp roll has 33 rounds and those extra bullets have saved me plenty of times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb5OGfNrQlY
    Probably my most enjoyable part of IB yesterday, its the standard DO shotgun in use here, but I actually got a solar variant later that day with handloaded, smallbore and rangefinder, so it hits harder and has more range than the vendor one.

Sirialis on
This discussion has been closed.