As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'd like to participate in Sunday Best this week to clear the Aksis challenge.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Whoaaaa

Fr0st-335 and felwinter mark in control....omg...on a night stalker

Arch on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Is Skrewbacca someone from here? I let them in the group but didn't recognize the name

nvm didn't have friends from here on his list so he got dddddropped

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Whoaaaa

Fr0st-335 and felwinter mark in control....omg...on a night stalker

Guess what poppa's gonna be running tonight in IB. *rubs hands together in glee*

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Getting my hands on a twilight garrison for my Titan is a pretty big deal for me, I've already got two frosties.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Is Skrewbacca someone from here? I let them in the group but didn't recognize the name

nvm didn't have friends from here on his list so he got dddddropped

uh-oh

H is getting a taste for power...

• Options
    TWO GUARDIANS ENTER

ONE GUARDIAN LEAVES

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Trials map is
    First Light

G0YYDXE.gif

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Trials map is
    First Light

G0YYDXE.gif
    Are vehicles still enabled? That could be interesting

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Trials map is
    First Light

G0YYDXE.gif

yeah
    just watched a streamer hop on their sparrow and zoom away when a bladedancer popped their super nearby

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    How bad is this week's Nightfall?
    I have to admit I don't like the boss fight of that strike. Feels somehow... claustrophobic.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Trials map is
    First Light

G0YYDXE.gif

yeah
    just watched a streamer hop on their sparrow and zoom away when a bladedancer popped their super nearby

Totally worth it just for that. That's hilarious.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Welp, and folks thought Trials couldn't get worse than Spookysiris.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Got my hunter to IB rank 5, only need a 400 heavy to be at 400LL

I am enjoying playing nightstalker so much i actually dont want to play my warlock or titan

Im going to, anyways

But fuck man. Nightstalker so good

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I dont think my buddy Tini is a huge fan of SBMM when playing with me and Jay.
    L6rOS9F.jpg
    Alternate response, "Everyone gets purples! ... Oh Siri? Here's a blue helmet.

EDIT: FOR FUCKS SAKE, TRIALS OF OSIRIS? FIRST LIGHT!? (Plagued with infinite range snipers?) Like that shitty inferno mode two weeks in a row wasnt enough garbage... :sad:

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    L6rOS9F.jpg

Is that a fireteam? You guys got them rekt.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Being at 374 certainly doesnt help in IB

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Sirialis wrote: »
    L6rOS9F.jpg

Is that a fireteam? You guys got them rekt.

4 man team.

Jay, myself, Elkamil and Tiniest Haiku in that picture.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I wish PS4 and XBOX PAers could play together

We could assemble such a dream team

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I wish PS4 and XBOX PAers could play together

We could assemble such a dream team

I'll have no LeBrons or Durants here! You show some gawddamned loyalty and carry your console's scrubs to the promised land!
    It's me. I'm your console scrub :P

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Being at 374 certainly doesnt help in IB

Eh, while the damage disparity from LL makes a difference, I think the player skill disparity in this case is what hurt more.

I'm playing IB at 357 LL now and my overall K/D for this week is 1.16. My average kills per game is 9, while my 75th percentile is 11 per. I think the percentile is a better representation because of JIPs and/or getting stuffed though. but yeah, LL is a disadvantage but not entirely insurmountable.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Never underestimate the Piggy Factor.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to see the world's first
    sparrow kills only
    flawless Trials completion.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've got nothing against First Light Trials, but after two weeks of Spooky Trials I was really looking forward to normal Trials again. Three weeks of weird Trials in a row is a bit much.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Arteen wrote: »
    I've got nothing against First Light Trials, but after two weeks of Spooky Trials I was really looking forward to normal Trials again. Three weeks of weird Trials in a row is a bit much.

Last visited the PSN thread, didn't remember what thread I was in while reading the first sentence here, and was so, so confused.

Edit: The Legend of Infamous: First Light 2: Trials Fusion of Cold Spooky Steel II: Let Us Cling Together *brain breaks*

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I guess this will be the first trials I snipe in. Gross

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So Impending Beefalo is back? Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...

Is it Control or Supremacy?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    So Impending Beefalo is back? Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...

Is it Control or Supremacy?

Good old control.

Edit: Don't forget to get Shaxx weekly bounty.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I was listening to the latest episode (#7) of the Destiny Community Podcast (five Destiny streamers, including Patrick 'Holtzmann' Casey, talking about the state of Destiny), and the more I hear them talking about what they miss from the old days, and what they like about having to level up gear to use it, the more worried I get. (Spoilerd for noob rant)
    And the more I start to question if I'm playing the same game.
    Now, they are veterans of the game, and I've only been playing since the last days of September (this year).
    But when they say that they miss needing to grind, not just to get the gear, but to make it useful and to get the materials needed ... that makes me think 'maybe I should just stop playing now', before I invest too much time.

I'm also surprised at how they seem unable to find joy in playing the game, and only playing it because of the grind required to get better gear.
    They seem to, more than once, question why anyone would play the game if there isn't a need to level up the gear, or get the materials needed to do 'X'.
    How about "playing the parts of the game you enjoy to play"?

And another thing that annoys me, the repeated claims that everything in the game has been nerfed because [the noobs] demand it.
    If they are referring to reduced need to grind old ops/patrols for mats, than I'm 100% OK with that.
    But I have never heard anyone say that any RoI is to difficult and needs to be nerfed. Only complaints I've heard were about low drop rates of ghosts and artifacts, but that has been fixed.
    Yet, these poor veterans still seem to be suffering from nerfing of content that no one, AFAIK, seem to have been asking for. Assuming any such nerfing was ever done, in the first place.
    Yeah, it's true that you probably won't get anyone new to play the game if it requires three years of grinding to catch up. But is keeping the value of time investment (i.e. grind) intact, so important?
    Because, if that is the only thing that can get these veterans interested in keep playing this game, then I don't see how Destiny could possibly be kept alive, since no new players would be joining . . . until it's all scraped, and Destiny 2 is released in it's place.

I know I'm not alone in enjoying a match in the Cruicible, even when I'm losing.
    But their discussion made me think people grow tired of PvP, and then just play for the grind.
    Made me a bit . . . annoyed.
    Needed to vent.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    1. I've been playing since beta (fun fact, Booker loved shotguns even back then)
    2. I don't crucible, trials, etc (so my opinions are not for these areas)
    3. I don't agree with them - To your point, if a person is unable to find joy in playing a game, why play? My joy is with the teams I raid with (pretty much the only Destiny playing I do).
    4. When The Dark Below dropped, exotics and such were coming in at higher levels (no etheric light infusion yet). As such you had to take this better LL weapon/armor and re-level it . It was a terrible choice and really sucked.

These are just like, my opinions man.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    I was listening to the latest episode (#7) of the Destiny Community Podcast (five Destiny streamers, including Patrick 'Holtzmann' Casey, talking about the state of Destiny), and the more I hear them talking about what they miss from the old days, and what they like about having to level up gear to use it, the more worried I get. (Spoilerd for noob rant)
    Now, they are veterans of the game, and I've only been playing since the last days of September (this year).
    But when they say that they miss needing to grind, not just to get the gear, but to make it useful and to get the materials needed ... that makes me think 'maybe I should just stop playing now', before I invest too much time.

I'm also surprised at how they seem unable to find joy in playing the game, and only playing it because of the grind required to get better gear.
    They seem to, more than once, question why anyone would play the game if there isn't a need to level up the gear, or get the materials needed to do 'X'.

And another thing that annoys me, the repeated claims that everything in the game has been nerfed because [the noobs] demand it.
    If they are referring to reduced need to grind old ops/patrols for mats, than I'm 100% OK with that.
    But I have never heard anyone say that any RoI is to difficult and needs to be nerfed. Only complaints I've heard were about low drop rates of ghosts and artifacts, but that has been fixed.
    Yet, these poor veterans still seem to be suffering from nerfing of content that no one, AFAIK, seem to have been asking for. Assuming any such nerfing was ever done, in the first place.
    Yeah, it's true that you probably won't get anyone new to play the game if it requires three years of grinding to catch up. But is keeping the value of time investment (i.e. grind) intact, so important?
    Because, if that is the only thing that can get these veterans interested in keep playing this game, then I don't see how Destiny could possibly be kept alive, since no new players would be joining . . . until it's all scraped, and Destiny 2 is released in it's place.

I know I'm not alone in enjoying a match in the Cruicible, even when I'm losing.
    But their discussion made me think people grow tired of PvP, and then just play for the grind.
    Needed to vent.

What happens when the hammer runs out of nails?

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I stick with Destiny despite never having been able to stick with an MMO because Destiny, unlike those, is actually fun to play. I don't derive any particular joy from having higher numbers on my character than other people so I'd rather people be able to jump in and enjoy a game than sit around feeling superior about how much more time I've sunk into it than them.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Didn't realize the wires on the Frostees are water tubes, like you would use on a computer instead of a fan system. They are literally "cooling down" your cool downs.

• Options
    Wow

I just got 400 bones of eao from a blue engram

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I enjoy getting new stuff. New Exotics, new Grimoire cards, new Shaders, etc. Running out of new stuff to get makes me bored of the game. This "you need to tediously grind more bullshit" stuff is insanity. It used to be you'd get some gear from the Raid and go "GREAT!" and then you'd do bounties for a day or three to make it even slightly usable as equipment. Then sometimes you'd need to go to Mars and hunt down rocks (no way to pinpoint their location, no patrol quest that drops a bunch). Then sometimes you'd level it and need to Raid a couple more times to get enough special Raid shards. THEN it was finally good. Now do that for every other slot.

It sucked. Now you can just throw on a new helmet and power up right then. And unlock perks by continuing what you were already doing. Or you can spend some motes if there's a perk you want right now. And if you need a Mars rock, you can go to Vanguard Wal-Mart and buy a pallet.

I think the problem with these experts is a lot of them are playing as a job and can't stop as easily if they get bored for a while.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

Needed to vent.

Ah yes, hardcore players thinking that the masses are ruining their game. A tale as old as always.
    Those guys can eat a bag o' dicks. Infusion on weapons/gear is fantastic and removes a pointless grind and I'm glad Bungie is taking a look at things and wanting to change them up (maybe not at the speed we like, but it's pretty awesome that they are willing to go about that), in gear upgrades, weapon balance and raid design.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I spend a good 90% (95%? 99%? 99.9%?) of my time in Destiny at max light and have amassed such a supply of materials and motes that I never need to worry about grinding for XP or mats. And it's great!

Planetary materials, armor parts, weapon parts, and glimmer could be entirely removed from Destiny and nothing of value would be lost.

Arteen on
  • Options
    I just wish I could buy Wormspore. It's not too bad to grind up, but honestly I don't see why not when you can buy all other mats.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Not even NPCs want to go to the Dreadnaught, Jay.

• Options
    Just send the robots, tell them that's where brooms come from

This discussion has been closed.