As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should auld [Podcasts] be forgot, and always rewatch shows

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    LMTYAE 26
    Man, that movie was weirder than I remember. Also I can see how the show and movie were the same ending, though when I originally watched it I felt the show was Shinji accepting Instrumentality and the movie was him rejecting it.

Still don't understand why he was strangling Asuka at the end.
    same reason as when he ejaculated on her, I think. Emotional instability mixed hormones and shit getting weird?

Of course, I'm speaking from not having seen the show/movie in like a decade, so I'm probably off some
    i take it as something along the lines of, shinji just went from being one with all of humanity to being his own individual again, and being confronted with another individual scared and enraged him and he tried to kill her until he came to his senses

like most of the movie, it's the same basic idea as the show but way darker and more violent for no discernible purpose other than being darker and more violent.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    God i can't wait till you guys get to Metal Gear

Speed kind of indoctrinated me without trying so it should be fun to see someone else go through that process

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    LMTYAE 26
    Man, that movie was weirder than I remember. Also I can see how the show and movie were the same ending, though when I originally watched it I felt the show was Shinji accepting Instrumentality and the movie was him rejecting it.

Still don't understand why he was strangling Asuka at the end.
    same reason as when he ejaculated on her, I think. Emotional instability mixed hormones and shit getting weird?

Of course, I'm speaking from not having seen the show/movie in like a decade, so I'm probably off some
    i take it as something along the lines of, shinji just went from being one with all of humanity to being his own individual again, and being confronted with another individual scared and enraged him and he tried to kill her until he came to his senses

like most of the movie, it's the same basic idea as the show but way darker and more violent for no discernible purpose other than being darker and more violent.

Yeah, that makes sense. Like I said, haven't actually watched it in so long a time. Though I was recently rewatching it with my younger cousin, that got interrupted by a killed computer on my end. I think we got to or near the clip show episode

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I should save my money for Yakuza 0... but the GBW playdate really made me want the Elite: Dangerous expansion...

help me out gang, what should I buy

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Does Elite Dangerous have disco dance battles?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    @WeedLordVegeta why did you have to bring this curse of Baikoh into my life

I was going to go to bed early, and now it's half an hour later

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wish car boys would go back to doing stupid driving stuff

Its been like 15 episodes straight if travity shenanigans now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Ok, that is definitely not a car

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Kefin makes the dubious decision to teach Jo about the 45th president of the United States of America's involvement in the world of wrestling.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So I think that starting the latest AATW 20min after waking up this morning sure had its intended effect.

BONJOUR

I forgot about that part.

The latest episode I listened to was easy back in November. Do I need to delete my feed and resub?
    Yyyyesss, probably

We had some issues that required remaking the feed a few times

Jesus, I missed a lot! Time to catch up I guess.
    We do it weekly!

...most of the time.

The episode I stopped on lined up with people taking holiday hiatus so that's what I assumed happened until now.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wait when did Square-Enix start doing real life character designs?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I love how much Austin had a crush on this wolf lady he made for this season

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Other way around, Nomura fucking loves Gackt and got him to do songs for Dirge of Cerberus

The character Genesis Rhapsodos is based directly on Gackt

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options

Other way around, Nomura fucking loves Gackt and got him to do songs for Dirge of Cerberus

That makes a lot of sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I love how much Austin had a crush on this wolf lady he made for this season
    man, how did keith not see the fucking "stay here and the gnolls are ok but fero is out the game/go away and the knolls go to war" choice

I actually hope fero stays and helps them, it's the right thing from a character perspective

also gives keith a chance to be someone else for a while

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    You should spoil that

• Options
    done

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    did Gackt also inspire Nickelodeon Gack

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

He also fucking loves kamen rider and has done the theme for one show and played an alternate version of one of them in a movie

• Options
    Squall from ff8 was also partially modeled on gackt

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

He also fucking loves kamen rider and has done the theme for one show and played an alternate version of one of them in a movie

by the transitive property of mathematics, when can we expect GACKT to perform a cover of Tanahashi's theme? New Beginning in Nagata? The G1 finals?

• Options
    Squall from ff8 was also partially modeled on gackt

THAT ONE I could tell from that photo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    So will try not to put too much politics in this thread

But Shia Lebouf has a camera set up in NYC that he says he will run for the next for years, and it is there to record people talking to the camera about how Trump will not destroy what we love about america, and its called #hewillnotdivideus

Austin Walker was in the area.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Dan has some fucking Mario opinions on this Beastcast and I hate them. He has never been more backwards and wrong about anything.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Dan has some fucking Mario opinions on this Beastcast and I hate them. He has never been more backwards and wrong about anything.

this is a tall fuckin order and I LIKE Dan

What's he saying?

• Options

What's he saying?
    Dan started listing what he thought of as core Mario games and included Mario 2 and Yoshi's Island but excluded the NSMB series and 3D Land/World

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options

What's he saying?
    Dan started listing what he thought of as core Mario games and included Mario 2 and Yoshi's Island but excluded the NSMB series and 3D Land/World

oh yeah, he's said this before, its bizarre

• Options

What's he saying?

Well, if "core" meant "good" he might be on to something...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    did Gackt also inspire Nickelodeon Gack

Gackt was a fucking huge fan of You Can't Do That On Television

I can't blame him honestly

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I really like Austin Walker.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Also people in the comments are saying that dude being weird in the middle is Jayden Smith but I have no way of verifying that

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I really like Austin Walker.

I hope life continues to reward him as a person who is thoughtful and compassionate and very skilled at expressing his well-considered thoughts.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    If Austin Walker ran for political office I would move to wherever that was, take up residency, and then volunteer for him campaign full time.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Also people in the comments are saying that dude being weird in the middle is Jayden Smith but I have no way of verifying that

oh my god I just looked up a recent picture of smith and I really think it is

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Chincymcchilla An example of what @LockedOnTarget was talking about:

8d255d1255f4bc169773ed7d159d4e4d9d54022e.jpg
    Color is there, yes, but it doesn't pop. I think they want something more vibrant, closer to Speed Racer:

ae20a-speed2.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Austin Walker is a cool guy and if I ran into him on the street it'd be hard to not give him a big ol' hug.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Here is your reminder that the cut to the bankrobbing music in TAZ 46 is fucking choice

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.