Options

Should auld [Podcasts] be forgot, and always rewatch shows

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Last week's FATT
    I really felt like why was Hella even there? She really did not seem like she wanted to participate at all and was dismissive of others' ideas in a not in character way.
    She's Ordennan, and is still clinging to the idea that her home country can fix her mess
    She was just like, "whatever," the entire time and did basically nothing until getting smacked around by a moth lady at the end. It felt like someone who was reading twitter the whole time and wanted to be anywhere else instead of actually participating in the game. It just felt super strange since usually Hella is much more involved.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Last week's FATT
    I really felt like why was Hella even there? She really did not seem like she wanted to participate at all and was dismissive of others' ideas in a not in character way.
    She's Ordennan, and is still clinging to the idea that her home country can fix her mess
    She was just like, "whatever," the entire time and did basically nothing until getting smacked around by a moth lady at the end. It felt like someone who was reading twitter the whole time and wanted to be anywhere else instead of actually participating in the game. It just felt super strange since usually Hella is much more involved.

Hella had much more reason to be directly involved in season 1

• Options
    Also Austin has tight enough control over the show that he wouldn't allow that so maybe don't speculate about that kinda stuff without grounds for it

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Last week's FATT

This season feels specifically designed to pit Hella and the rest of the group (especially Hadrian) against each other. Not in a PvP way but in a figuring out where their loyalties lie way.

It's possible that isn't clicking with Ali or she just hasn't found a moment where it makes sense to bring the conflict out.

admanb on
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Last week's FATT

This season feels specifically designed to pit Hella and the rest of the group (especially Hadrian) against each other. Not in a PvP way but in a figuring out where their loyalties lie way.

It's possible that isn't clicking with Ali or she just hasn't found a moment where it makes sense to bring the conflict out.
    I doubt seven episodes in is the right time but you're definitely right

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Also Austin has tight enough control over the show that he wouldn't allow that so maybe don't speculate about that kinda stuff without grounds for it

My uncle works at fatt and told me hella was tweeting the entire time

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Has FatT started cutting the level up/experience points gained in a session talk, or have I just glazed over during it?

It was a part of the show I really liked, so I wouldn't think it's the latter, but I'm hoping it is.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I hear Austin secretly hates Hella and wants to kick her out of the game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I hear Austin secretly hates Hella and wants to kick her out of the game.

I heard Brad has a cocaine problem

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I was not saying that was what was happening at all. It just felt like that and it was the closest comparison I could make.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Has FatT started cutting the level up/experience points gained in a session talk, or have I just glazed over during it?

It was a part of the show I really liked, so I wouldn't think it's the latter, but I'm hoping it is.

Don't forget that a "session" is only ending once every three or four episodes, and since we're back to the two-party system that means every six to eight.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Don't forget that a "session" is only ending once every three or four episodes, and since we're back to the two-party system that means every six to eight.

Maybe that's part of it, yeah. We're not very far into the season, so it could have just not happened yet I guess.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Last week's FATT

Ali seemingly has a lot of difficulty playing Evil alignment and Austin doesn't seem to have reached a real consensus for what actually qualifies as Evil in this world.

She just seems like an overwhelmingly-kind and empathetic person who doesn't want anyone to be upset with her and she needs to separate Hella from herself.

IMHO

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    have you seen my giant bomb/waypoint/polygon shipping chart

let me tell you all about my headcanons

let me show you my fanBeast

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Last week's FATT

Ali seemingly has a lot of difficulty playing Evil alignment and Austin doesn't seem to have reached a real consensus for what actually qualifies as Evil in this world.

She just seems like an overwhelmingly-kind and empathetic person who doesn't want anyone to be upset with her and she needs to separate Hella from herself.

IMHO

This was a prominent thing in the first season too. She's got more role playing experience now so hopefully that'll help her figure it out

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    I actually really like the way that Ali roleplays Hela's alignment

Because Hela is totally evil

Remember that the Dungeon World fighter's main signifier of evil is killing a defenseless or surrendered enemy

It's going too far, to the horror of everyone around you, it's deciding that someone else didn't deserve to live, despite their pleadings otherwise, because they are your enemy

And Hela will do make that decision about her enemies, partially due to the love that she has for her friends

She's a person who legitimately tries to be decent, who tries to care about her friends and tries to be friends with people

Because if you're not her friend, you might become her enemy, and she will kill you

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Listened to the most recent Dollop.

Man, it used to be easy to be a con man.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I put a solid dent in The Dollop's backlog, but I think I need to take a long break from it. Starting to find a lot of it annoying/obnoxious

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options

Still is if you find a stupid enough town.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

or country

BOOM

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

All you needed was the confidence part

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

or country

BOOM

:(

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I backed We Hate Movies on Patreon a few days ago and I'm catching up on their Nexus episodes wherein they talk about an episode of Star Trek TOS and TNG.

In EP2, Eric asked for the listeners to send them Star Trek slashfic. He reads it at the end of EP3 where it lasted about 3 minutes before Andrew cried out enough. Steve sat in horrified silence and Chris Cabin just laughed and laughed and laughed.

That segment will not be returning.

• Options
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    I backed We Hate Movies on Patreon a few days ago and I'm catching up on their Nexus episodes wherein they talk about an episode of Star Trek TOS and TNG.

In EP2, Eric asked for the listeners to send them Star Trek slashfic. He reads it at the end of EP3 where it lasted about 3 minutes before Andrew cried out enough. Steve sat in horrified silence and Chris Cabin just laughed and laughed and laughed.

That segment will not be returning.

I just got there

Its Amazing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    The space meth head voice kills me every time.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

Remember that the Dungeon World fighter's main signifier of evil is killing a defenseless or surrendered enemy

It's going too far, to the horror of everyone around you, it's deciding that someone else didn't deserve to live, despite their pleadings otherwise, because they are your enemy

And Hela will do make that decision about her enemies, partially due to the love that she has for her friends

She's a person who legitimately tries to be decent, who tries to care about her friends and tries to be friends with people

Because if you're not her friend, you might become her enemy, and she will kill you

This is an interesting take.

I will try to filter her through this lens. It's better than feeling like she only ever commits evil due to metagaming.

A reluctantly-evil character who is trying to be good but is compelled to do evil without reveling in it themselves is a compelling idea.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

Now that we can get hands on with Switch
    Waypoint lined up to hear Reggie's pitch
    Not allowed Zelda or ARMS
    Just minigames set on farms
    Leads to shitposts and gifs, that's their niche

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I played an Evil-aligned character in a Dungeon World game, and my guy was raising moral objections to things all the time.

The thing was, he was raising objections against the people who were representatives of the gods whose holy armies came and conquered his home. The whole reason he was an adventurer was because he felt he was the last person left who had lived there long enough to remember what it used to be like and was still capable/willing to stand in its defense.

Being Evil alignment didn't meant that he didn't feel like there was right and wrong in the world... but in the end, his opinion was the only one that actually mattered. He was quite selfish and didn't give a shit about most of the other party when they were in the safety of town.
    Now that... things happened to his home, when we return to that game he's going to be a lot different...

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I feel like Hella has earned her alignment. She's not so much actively seeking to do bad things, she just doesn't give a fuck about things that don't affect her personally, and will even throw away things she does care about if she thinks it's to her benefit.
    Poor Calhoun.

• Options
    Boat Party :(

• Options
    Part of the Hella thing is that I think Dungeon World does a really good job letting alignment take a backseat, compared to D&D. I hated alignment when I first started playing D&D, and have found numerous ways to strip it out of my games. I probably still would try and find a way to do so, if I were to ever run a D&D game again. But it's a really important element of the game (and the genre) and it's not exactly easy to remove without potentially hamstringing a ton of class abilities/monsters.

So when I first read Dungeon World, I expected to have to do that. But I never felt the need, because alignments there felt much more truthful, in a weird way. I made a giant document that totally removes fantasy races from the game, as I also tend to hate those, but alignment I left alone.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Gain xp when you choose to destroy something rather than understand it

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I think that starting the latest AATW 20min after waking up this morning sure had its intended effect.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So I think that starting the latest AATW 20min after waking up this morning sure had its intended effect.
    They are all monsters, Veldrin

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

BONJOUR

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    This is some quality fighting game science Jason and Jeff are laying down.

Also I hope they keep that TV in the back running Salty Bet forever.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i was fading a bit on this suicide squad WHM, but "help hawkman move" is beautiful

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

BONJOUR

I forgot about that part.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Why is the lighting in that trailer so dark.

Like I get that it's a thing with modern action movies and especially with the Transformers and TMNT reboots. But it looks so weird for the Power Rangers movie (which is all about bright colours, which they allude to in the trailer) to look so dang dark.

I mean, I wasn't going to see it anyway. And I kind of know the answer.

I just.

I dunno.

EDIT - Oh wow, I didn't pay attention to what page that trailer was posted on. Ha. Anyway. Podcasts are great.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
This discussion has been closed.