As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Would I [chat] to You?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I had a dream straight out of a tribal world-starting myth

I love remembering my more complex dreams, they're seriously like movies or novels or otherwise complex and interesting stories, if those things also told you things about what was in your mind.

Also this one had a king who was so greedy he built a chest that you could only put things into, not take them out of, because what was important to him was the having of the things.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I hope you people are doing well.

We shall see

still have the whole "coming out to a bat-shit crazy family" thing in the next few days

Pre-emptive hugs.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I hope the Power Rangers movie is good. It looks fun. It'll probably be bad though.

In other news I am so tired. Last night I started to feel fatigue and it did not let up after a night of sleep. I am very stressed about work stuff so maybe that's just catching up to me or something. Ugh.

I did complete the first step of my FFXIV Anima weapon so that's cool. (Fancy super-weapon quest with many steps you can do at 50, the previous level cap, and now 60, the current level cap)

The ultimate upgrade version of it lights up with blue fire and I want it.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ALSO!

Man, my dreams are weird.

And, like, i'm making an effort to remember what I am like in dreams now, in the hopes it brings insight to my identity situation and.....

Yeah, i'm weird in my dreams.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I hope the Power Rangers movie is good. It looks fun. It'll probably be bad though.

I'll settle for a guilty pleasure.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Things the King put in the chest: water.

Things I didn't appreciate as an apparent firefighter: that.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    There, all done with the math problem. Now the cows can visit all their fields.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I find it ironic that Rita repulsa is quite attractive.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    If it's true to the source material it'll be unwatchable drek fit only for kids hopped up on sugar-infused cereals and the choicest of fizzy pop.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Hey Shiv

remember last time I came out to a family member?

good times

oh man

hoo boy

• Options
    rockrnger wrote: »

Well, that's how she's always been, right?

right?

right.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    come in to work today to find one of our front desk people bragging about coming while sick becaus she's "a team player"

That is not how this works.

• Options
    come in to work today to find one of our front desk people bragging about coming while sick becaus she's "a team player"

it is in Trump's America.

• Options
    rockrnger wrote: »

"Repulsa" refers to her magnetic monopolarity

this is a fact I just now made up

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    If it's true to the source material it'll be unwatchable drek fit only for kids hopped up on sugar-infused cereals and the choicest of fizzy pop.

I remember watching that show at age 7 and even through the diabetic haze I disliked it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm sorry what, there is a Neverending Story III?

So that must mean there is also a Neverending Story II?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

If you all get sick, you all can take time off

that's a team player

dang man

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

It's still Obama's America for one more day, goddamnit.

• Options
    Honk wrote: »

What part of "Neverending" is hard to understand?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I also remember most of a dream from last night! I typically forget my dreams within seconds of the alarm going off.

I was living in my family's old trailer house in Montana, but not as a kid, as me now with my wife and kids. Some repairman was coming over, but he was driving too fast, and the ice and snow on the driveway caused him to slide into the side of the trailer, partially collapsing the wall inward. We all walked out of the trailer, and it sunk into the ground (as if into water, but it was dirt), and I complained resignedly to my wife that all our stuff was down there.

Somehow the scene changed to me walking through the woods with an unidentified someone, and we came upon the trailer before the incident. We continued past, through the snow, and found a campground with a fire and a coffee pot but no one around. We passed through a clearing and back into the woods, then worked our way back toward the trailer. The repairman had somehow managed to drag it out of the ground and repair it, but now it was almost "suspended" somehow above a big depression in the ground. Also backed up against some rocks on the edge of a cliff that hadn't been there previously. I was also now simultaneously the version of me that had been there the whole time, talking to the repairman about how I couldn't believe he was able to get it out of the ground, and the version of me that had been hiking through the snow, who was climbing on the rocks trying to figure out where they'd come from. A large portion of them snapped off like a twig (with the same sound effect) and fell off the cliff.

This all then somehow shifted to being a scene in a D&D campaign I was playing with the President of the United States, who was unnamed but looked like a Hillary Clinton impersonator. I was a great stone gargoyle character, but I missed most of the session because of the trailer sinking and the Secret Service were leading her to her next appointment.

Then my alarm went off.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Ran into that yesterday, but it was because he'd already used up all his PTO. He was hacking deep, lungy coughs.

I managed to get him banned from our lunch meeting, at least.

• Options

yes, the one with Jonathan Brandis and literally all the other characters recast

it's pretty bad also

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I mean

It's the Neverending story.

It never ends.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

What part of "Neverending" is hard to understand?

Hmm

good point

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    mmmm....

felt saucy this morning so I got pancakes and sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, and hash browns from McDonalds.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Hey Shiv

good times

oh man

hoo boy

Y

Yes : (

• Options

I come in sometimes when sick because I'm horribly selfish and don't give a fuck about anyone else but need to get my work done

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hey Shiv

good times

oh man

hoo boy

Y

I feel like a dick for bringing that up now

I'm really sorry :sad:

you rock, still, as always

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Oh the Power Rangers Movie.

Now our Millenial brothers will feel the sweet kiss of someone shitting all over their cherished childhood thing.

• Options
    Oh, nevermind, NeverEnding Story 3 ended the movie series.

I remember the cartoon, tho. That was fun.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hey Shiv

good times

oh man

hoo boy

Y

I feel like a dick for bringing that up now

I'm really sorry :sad:

you rock, still, as always

Nah it's fine! I was : ( for you

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Holy. Goddamn. Shit.

https://youtu.be/VHilK6b0Trs

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    I believe the Power Rangers movie will be measurably better than the TV series, and it will still be terrible and fans will hate it.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Oh the Power Rangers Movie.

Now our Millenial brothers will feel the sweet kiss of someone shitting all over their cherished childhood thing.

Already done. There was a power rangers series a few years ago that cashed in on Harry Potter fever. They were wizards.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

Finally enough the later series grew into watchable material (SPD, In Space), and introduced Rose "iZombie" McIver to the world.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    The original Neverending Story is the only movie I will show my kids.

I mean, I liked PARTS of 2. The whole "every time you wish you lose a memory" thing was pretty awesome and freaky. I didn't like that all the actors changed. But NOTHING was going to top the fourth-wall breaking insanity of the first film. That shit blew my tiny little mind as a kid.

• Options
  • Options

It's still Obama's America for one more day, goddamnit.

onedaymorelesmis.exe

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Speaking of childhood things. This morning on my 80s wakin' up playlist, Dare by Stan Bush came on. I decided that my small phone speakers were not enough. Ran downstairs and queued it up on the new sound system and cranked it up. I hope my neighbors understood. I'm sure they would.

• Options

Yes, that was a good sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg3pSz-P7IE

This discussion has been closed.