As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Most RNG game of Hearthstone I've ever played: https://hsreplay.net/replay/uM2opeTRtD8KWDsKRxdEEJ
    T3 topdeck Death
    Swashburgled Mindgames pulls Ragnaros
    Netherspite Historians into a Deathwing to clear
    Respond with Swashburgled Entomb
    Topdeck lethal at the end

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Yilias wrote: »
    Most RNG game of Hearthstone I've ever played: https://hsreplay.net/replay/uM2opeTRtD8KWDsKRxdEEJ
    T3 topdeck Death
    Swashburgled Mindgames pulls Ragnaros
    Netherspite Historians into a Deathwing to clear
    Respond with Swashburgled Entomb
    Topdeck lethal at the end

Ha! I just love seeing a priest get some of his own medicine. Who's stealing who's cards now, HUH PUNK!?

djFindus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I hated the change to Standard and I hate this announcement, too. I don't care what attention they pay to Wild, it will always be Hearthstone's ghetto. Every card from Classic that gets moved to the Hall of Fame is more erosion of the time, effort, and money I've put into the game. I understand that it may very well be impossible to balance a game without limiting card selection, but that probably just means collectible card games aren't for me. I wish I had understood this coming out of beta, but c'est la vie.

they're giving you the full dust value of the cards for free. nothing is eroding at all.

Yes, in fact, it is. Nothing in Classic compares to Rag or Syl. Or Azure Drake for that matter. So any craft to replace those cards will be from a new expansion. Any new expansion has a limited shelf life. The power level of my evergreen cards has been decreased. That's erosion.

And again, this might be necessary for the health of the game. I don't know. I just wish I'd known from the start.

but you'll be getting dust to craft those cards? for free.

That "free dust" has an expiration date. I don't understand where the disconnect is here. I can have Sylv until the game closes, or the next Dr 7 for a year or so. It's like somebody taking away a gold coin and giving me the equivalent value in guacamole. Yeah, I like guacamole, but that shit goes south in days. I had the gold coin for a reason.

Unless my "free dust" is evergreen, meaning whatever I craft with it disenchants for full value, I'm losing 800 dust at rotation.

By that logic you'd also be bothered by classic cards being nerfed into unplayability too I suppose. Sorry for the disconnect it's just not how I think about the game. I don't value the cards differently based on whether they're good forever or not because I have the classic cards. I'm sure I sound like a turd and I'm sorry but I want to explain myself since I stressed the point, I was actually being dumb.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I hated the change to Standard and I hate this announcement, too. I don't care what attention they pay to Wild, it will always be Hearthstone's ghetto. Every card from Classic that gets moved to the Hall of Fame is more erosion of the time, effort, and money I've put into the game. I understand that it may very well be impossible to balance a game without limiting card selection, but that probably just means collectible card games aren't for me. I wish I had understood this coming out of beta, but c'est la vie.

they're giving you the full dust value of the cards for free. nothing is eroding at all.

Yes, in fact, it is. Nothing in Classic compares to Rag or Syl. Or Azure Drake for that matter. So any craft to replace those cards will be from a new expansion. Any new expansion has a limited shelf life. The power level of my evergreen cards has been decreased. That's erosion.

And again, this might be necessary for the health of the game. I don't know. I just wish I'd known from the start.

That "free dust" has an expiration date. I don't understand where the disconnect is here. I can have Sylv until the game closes, or the next Dr 7 for a year or so. It's like somebody taking away a gold coin and giving me the equivalent value in guacamole. Yeah, I like guacamole, but that shit goes south in days. I had the gold coin for a reason.

Unless my "free dust" is evergreen, meaning whatever I craft with it disenchants for full value, I'm losing 800 dust at rotation.

By that logic you'd also be bothered by classic cards being nerfed into unplayability too I suppose. Sorry for the disconnect it's just not how I think about the game. I don't value the cards differently based on whether they're good forever or not because I have the classic cards. I'm sure I sound like a turd and I'm sorry but I want to explain myself since I stressed the point, I was actually being dumb.

It's cool, I know I have an odd take this. I have different goals than most people and this change basically makes it impossible without spending tons of money. I'm a little pissed that the rules keep changing on me, but overall I can't fault Blizzard for doing what's best for the game as a whole.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    What we don't need is for a new meta to come in, for it to be abhorrent to play (like this pirate garbage) and sit around waiting for blizzard to do something.
    First of all: I'm a crap-ranked player who's topped out at 14, I'll freely acknowledge that, and it's quite possible I have no idea WTF I'm talking about. But IMO, the problem with the current meta isn't pirates, it's Reno and to some extent Shamans. Pirate Warrior could probably be beaten the majority of the time by a deck built with nothing but basic cards. It's a one-trick pony. You definitely can't do that with Reno decks. The power of the deck is too strong.

The presence of Reno means that for any kind of aggressive deck, you basically need to have a Reno player dead by turn five. At that point, the presence of one six-cost card can effectively win the game for them. There was discussion in here over the last few days about the power level of Sylvanas and how important it is to play around her. Reno blows Sylvanas out of the water in terms of his ability to swing a game.

If Shaman and Pirates weren't so overpowered, Reno decks would be the only thing worth playing.

Ideally, in my mind, we'd see a relatively stable meta where arrgo generally loses to midrange, midrange generally loses to control, and control generate loses to aggro. Instead, we have control with Reno beating the aggro decks half of the time while beating midrange almost all of the time. Yes, Pirates and Shamans need to be toned back. But IMO, Reno leaving is going to be the best change about the new meta. And next month, with Pirates and Shamans suffering from nerfs but Reno still chugging along untouched? That's going to be absolute hell.

Especially for newer players. When you can see that your opponents deck costs about 10k more dust to make than yours does, and that one time you manage to get the other guy down low enough that you think that maybe you have a chance he or she pops right back up to 30? That's frustrating as hell. Reno is the worst bullshit card in Hearthstone, and the sooner he's gone the better it will be for the meta.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2017
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    What we don't need is for a new meta to come in, for it to be abhorrent to play (like this pirate garbage) and sit around waiting for blizzard to do something.
    First of all: I'm a crap-ranked player who's topped out at 14, I'll freely acknowledge that, and it's quite possible I have no idea WTF I'm talking about. But IMO, the problem with the current meta isn't pirates, it's Reno and to some extent Shamans. Pirate Warrior could probably be beaten the majority of the time by a deck built with nothing but basic cards. It's a one-trick pony. You definitely can't do that with Reno decks. The power of the deck is too strong.

The presence of Reno means that for any kind of aggressive deck, you basically need to have a Reno player dead by turn five. At that point, the presence of one six-cost card can effectively win the game for them. There was discussion in here over the last few days about the power level of Sylvanas and how important it is to play around her. Reno blows Sylvanas out of the water in terms of his ability to swing a game.

If Shaman and Pirates weren't so overpowered, Reno decks would be the only thing worth playing.

Ideally, in my mind, we'd see a relatively stable meta where arrgo generally loses to midrange, midrange generally loses to control, and control generate loses to aggro. Instead, we have control with Reno beating the aggro decks half of the time while beating midrange almost all of the time. Yes, Pirates and Shamans need to be toned back. But IMO, Reno leaving is going to be the best change about the new meta. And next month, with Pirates and Shamans suffering from nerfs but Reno still chugging along untouched? That's going to be absolute hell.

Especially for newer players. When you can see that your opponents deck costs about 10k more dust to make than yours does, and that one time you manage to get the other guy down low enough that you think that maybe you have a chance he or she pops right back up to 30? That's frustrating as hell. Reno is the worst bullshit card in Hearthstone, and the sooner he's gone the better it will be for the meta.

At rank 14 you still have deck diversity. At the higher ranks you're up to your asshole in Shamans and Pirates.

I can't say that I agree with your analysis on Reno though. In a meta where aggro is king (and it is), Reno is ony of the only effective counters, but it's not guaranteed. First, you have to draw him, which often means getting lucky or having to strategically use your resources to fend off your opponent until you do. To your point about having to kill your opponent by turn 5, the opposite is just as true. Against aggro decks, you have 6 turns to pull Reno. If turn 6 comes and you don't have him, you're likely dead as most aggro decks don't have an issue closing out games by then.

If you're asking what I think the problem with the meta is right now is that there is no middle ground at all. If you want control, you either play Mage or Warlock and you want Aggro it's Shaman or (if you lack the cards) Pirate. Other classes and archetypes have been completely shut out at the moment.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    The presence of Reno means that for any kind of aggressive deck, you basically need to have a Reno player dead by turn five. At that point, the presence of one six-cost card can effectively win the game for them.

Don't mean to cherry pick but the fact that pirate decks CAN kill by turn 5 to me is a bigger problem then the fact that they generally lose if Reno gets played.

• Options

I don't have deck diversity at rank 14. I have Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno WARLOCK! Reno Mage.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    The presence of Reno means that for any kind of aggressive deck, you basically need to have a Reno player dead by turn five. At that point, the presence of one six-cost card can effectively win the game for them.

Don't mean to cherry pick but the fact that pirate decks CAN kill by turn 5 to me is a bigger problem then the fact that they generally lose if Reno gets played.
    The point is that they need to make fucking stupid cards because of Reno. It's a fair point except that they've been making broken cards since long before Reno.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't have deck diversity at rank 14. I have Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno Mage Reno WARLOCK! Reno Mage.

That has not been my experience at Rank 14.

• Options

Pirates are getting nerfed, but even unnerfed, you could build decks that could deal well with Pirates. A card that comes out on turn 6 (or five, with coin!) that says "Nope, sorry, you no longer have any way of winning" is worse. If Pirates were the bane of the metagame, people would be playing more midrange decks and Pirate Warrior would just be another strong deck.

Next month, is there a point to playing anything other than Reno or Shaman? With the nerf to pirates, Reno should more consistently beat all aggro deck. It already destroys midrange decks other than Shamans. It's a cancer on the metagame, because you either need to play Reno or something fast enough to beat Reno. And they're nerfing the decks that are fast enough to beat Reno. And while Pirates need to be nerfed, the result is going to just be more of the absolute least fun card in Hearthstone.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I played a Pirate Warrior yesterday who managed to beat me by turn 6 even after Evolved my Jade Spirit+2/2 into an Earth Elemental + Fierce Monkey.

Sure, I used my face to clear his board a bit, but behind those two walls, I should have stabilized and won. That's dumb.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    I've never seen secret pally in action so hell yeah!

i'm gonna add all the europe dudes, post your tags homies

Mine's in the op. I definitely need more EU friends. Add me!

Pirates are getting nerfed, but even unnerfed, you could build decks that could deal well with Pirates. A card that comes out on turn 6 (or five, with coin!) that says "Nope, sorry, you no longer have any way of winning" is worse. If Pirates were the bane of the metagame, people would be playing more midrange decks and Pirate Warrior would just be another strong deck.

Next month, is there a point to playing anything other than Reno or Shaman? With the nerf to pirates, Reno should more consistently beat all aggro deck. It already destroys midrange decks other than Shamans. It's a cancer on the metagame, because you either need to play Reno or something fast enough to beat Reno. And they're nerfing the decks that are fast enough to beat Reno. And while Pirates need to be nerfed, the result is going to just be more of the absolute least fun card in Hearthstone.

Jade druids and shamans dont give a shit about reno. He will buy you 1 maybe 2 turns.

Hes also rotating out so fretting about his so called cancerous influence is moot

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Interesting tech card choice there. Killer vs Reno Mage to navigate around Ice Block, and only average against everything else. 2 damage for 2 mana is pretty bad and a huge tempo hit. At least it's not 100% useless, but yeah, strange include regardless.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Interesting tech card choice there. Killer vs Reno Mage to navigate around Ice Block, and only average against everything else. 2 damage for 2 mana is pretty bad and a huge tempo hit. At least it's not 100% useless, but yeah, strange include regardless.

I sometimes run it in my demon deck. It's actually not a bad include against aggro either since players will either try to barrel through and take 6-8 damage over the course of the game or they have to lose momentum getting rid of it.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Yogg was nerfed because players (particularly tournament players and viewers) complained.
    Team 5 <3s original Yogg.

I maintain that he was not oppressive, just that he's not fun to play against.

Watch the 20 yoggs from the summer championships (Toast has a video on them) so many games came down to Yogg and it wasn't a good time for the people watching esports. Frankly they shouldn't give a fuck about that but they do so now we have a pretty worthless Yogg. I will always be a fan of Brode taking the wheel and showing us his divine will. I am a very small minority of the hearthstone community however.

To make sure I understand... The devs shouldn't care that twenty games in one of their most watched tournaments were not enjoyable for anyone involved?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

It's cool, I know I have an odd take this. I have different goals than most people and this change basically makes it impossible without spending tons of money. I'm a little pissed that the rules keep changing on me, but overall I can't fault Blizzard for doing what's best for the game as a whole.

This is a free game that gives a pack a week in brawls and .6 packs a day in quest gold. If you want to stay free only, you will have to work for it if you want top ranked deck materials, but that's always been the case. In fact, the current aggro meta is probably the cheapest dust wise.
    Blizzard still needs to make money to support future work, and I honestly feel they're pretty generous with what they give.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Activision Blizzard make money hand over fist to an honestly absurd degree, it borders obscene. Record $6.6 billion revenue in 2016. There is room for a great deal more generosity.

I imagine there's some kind of balancing act between releasing new content at a pace that doesn't deter newcomers, while also not being so slow (or so low quality) that people get functionally complete sets at launch just off F2P, but they're nowhere near striking that balance.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
  • Options
    I think we should see new content every 3 months to keep the game fresh. Even if that means x3 expansions + 1 adventure or a 2/2 mix.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Just like last year, I've compiled a list of the lines that minions say when they're summoned that will rotate out of standard sometime early this year.
    I've put them in spoilers, I think it's interesting to see which ones you know by heart (does "We're gonna be rich!" sound familiar?) vs. the ones that are completely unfamiliar (put your hand up if you know what Orgrimmar Aspirant says upon being played).

Altogether, 113 cards with discernible battlecries are rotating out, along with a variety of screeches, roars, thumps, and moans from non-speaking creatures.
    How many can you remember without looking?

Hall of Fame
    Ragnaros the Firelord
    By fire be purged!

Sylvanas Windrunner
    I have no time for games!

Blackrock Mountain:
    Axe Flinger
    Ready to fling!

Blackwing Corruptor
    I wield the power of Blackwing.

Blackwing Technician
    My work is paramount. Leave me alone!

Dark Iron Skulker
    What lurks in the depths?

Dragonkin Sorcerer
    Power flows through me.

Drakonid Crusher
    For Blackwing!

Druid of the Flame
    Bathe in flames!

Emperor Thaurissan
    By the power of Ragnaros, I have the power!

Fireguard Destroyer
    The Firelord calls.

Flamewaker
    I serve the Firelord.

Grim Patron
    A fight! Count me in!

Imp Gang Boss
    Gah! Stop yelling!

Majordomo Executus
    None may challenge the living flame!

Nefarian
    vs. Druid: "Druid, the wild is mine to control!"
    vs. Mage: "Mage, you should be more careful when you play with magic!"
    vs. Paladin: "Paladin, does the Light forsake you?"
    vs. Priest: "Priest, the Light serves me now!"
    vs. Rogue: "Rogue, stop hiding and face me!"
    vs. Shaman: "Shaman, the Elements obey me now!"
    vs. Hunter: "The Hunter becomes the hunted!"
    vs. Warlock: "Warlock, you play with magic beyond your understanding!"
    vs. Warrior: "Warrior, your strength becomes your weakness."
    vs. Other: "Your magic is mine!"

Rend Blackhand
    We are the true Horde!

The Grand Tournament
    Alexstrasza's Champion
    For the Lifebinder!

Anub'arak
    From the depths I come!

Argent Horserider
    Don't worry loves, the cavalry's here!

Argent Watchman
    I'm watching you!

Aviana
    My winged children fill the skies.

Bolf Ramshield
    I'll take on the lot o' ye.

Brave Archer
    Today, I don't have to be a princess.

Boneguard Lieutenant
    Greetings from beyond the grave.

Buccaneer
    Feed the fish, landlubber

Clockwork Knight
    Right on time!

Coliseum Manager
    Seperate lines, please!

Confessor Paletress
    Take this time to consider your past deeds.

Crowd Favorite
    Ah, so many viewers.

Cutpurse
    Whatcha got there?

Dalaran Aspirant
    Knowledge is power and I know a lot.

Darnassus Aspirant
    Elune, guide my lance.

Draeni Totemcarver
    Elements I like. Totems I love.

Dragonhawk Rider
    Hey, I can see my house from here! Hahahahaha!

Druid of the Saber
    Another night on the prowl.

Eadric the Pure
    Prepare yourselves for the ultimate test!

Evil Heckler
    "Your mother was a murloc!"
    or
    "You smell like a leper gnome!"

Eydis Darkbane
    Let the dark consume you!

Fallen Hero
    Finally, a second chance.

Fearsome Doomguard
    Doom for everyone!!!

Fencing Coach
    I am the dancing master!

Fjola Lightbane
    You have been measured and found wanting.

Flame Juggler
    It's getting hot in here!

Frigid Snobold
    You n-n-no t-t-take snowball!

Gadgetzan Jouster
    My mount very rarely explodes.

Garrison Commander
    Form ranks!

Grand Crusader
    Answer the call of the Light!

Holy Champion
    How many fingers do you see?

Injured Kvaldir
    I'll take you down with me!

Justicar Trueheart
    Welcome to the Grand Tournament, champion.

Knight of the Wild
    The Kahns shall claim victory!

Kodorider
    Let's get MOOving!

Kvaldir Raider
    I enjoy raiding!

Lance Carrier
    Ugh, what you want?

Light's Champion
    Depart, foul creature!

Lowly Squire
    One day, I'll be a real knight!

Maiden of the Lake
    I am freed from the curse.

Master Jouster
    I am undefeated.

Master of Ceremonies
    Two heroes enter, one hero leaves!

Mogor's Champion
    Mogor want trophy. I get trophy!

Mysterious Challenger
    Who am I? None of your business.

Nexus-Champion Saraad
    Let's negotiate: You concede, and I'll let you live.

Orgrimmar Aspirant
    Ready your lance, cur!

Pit Fighter
    You're in trouble now!

Ram Wrangler
    The beasts obey me.

Recruiter

Refreshment Vendor
    Funnel cakes! Get your funnel cakes here!

Rhonin
    The might of Dalaran has arrived.

Saboteur
    Shall we put a kink in their plans?

Savage Combatant
    Unleash the beast!

Sea Reaver
    The seas belong to us!

Shado-Pan Rider
    We are the sword in the shadows.

Shady Dealer
    Pst! Wanna deal?

Sideshow Spelleater
    Ha, I'll take summa dat.

Silent Knight
    Shush!

Silver Hand Regent
    Well met.

Skycap'n Kragg
    Raa, reinforcements be here, haha!

Sparring Partner
    Practice makes perfect.

Spawn of Shadows
    Are you afraid of the dark?

Spellslinger
    Wanted, dead or alive.

Stablemaster
    Aw, who's a good boy?

The Mistcaller
    You cannot stop the Kvaldir!

The Skeleton Knight
    In the Grand Tournament, you win or you die.

Thunder Bluff Valiant
    There is a lot at stake here.

Tiny Knight of Evil
    Small in size, huge in eeeeeeviiiiiiil!

Tournament Attendee
    Best seats ever!

Tournament Medic
    Fine, I'll heal.

Tuskarr Jouster
    Is this the fishing tournament?

Tuskarr Totemic
    Did you bring some fish?

Undercity Valiant
    Victory for Sylvanas!

Varian Wrynn
    Normal: "Behold the armies of Stormwind."
    vs. Anduin: "Your skills are growing, Anduin."

Void Crusher
    I don't like this place.

Warhorse Trainer
    Mount up!

Wildwalker
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Wilfred Fizzlebang
    Normal: "Behold, the absolute power of Wilfred Fizzlebang, hahaha!"
    vs. Jaraxxus: "You are bound to me, demon! Uh, I think..."

Wrathguard
    You will regret this!

Wyrmrest Agent
    Are you mocking me?

League of Explorers
    Ancient Shade
    Ah, the ancient curse.

Arch-Thief Rafaam
    I am Rafaam, the supreme archeologist.

Brann Bronzebeard
    vs. Magni: "Oh, brother. Have you heard from Muradin lately?"
    Normal: "Who knows what secrets we'll uncover?"

Dark Peddler
    Buying or selling? Hehehehehe.

Djinni of Zephyrs
    This is no place for mortals!

Elise Starseeker
    Do you have the artifact?

Ethereal Conjurer
    You want it? I got it.

Keeper of Uldaman
    None may steal our secrets!

Museum Curator
    Welcome to the exhibit!

Naga Sea Witch
    I will not be trifled with!

Reliquary Seeker
    I have big plans, hmhmhmhm!

Reno Jackson
    We're gonna be rich!

Sir Finley Mrrgglton
    vs. Morgl the Oracle: "Hello old friend! Let's meet for tea after the match, shall we?"
    Normal: "Who's up for an adventure?"

Tomb Pillager
    Thank you.

Tunnel Trogg
    Troggs rule!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I always thought Ragnaros said
    Fight fire with fire!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Having played this game for 5 months, its kinda heartcrushing i recognize like 8 cards out of TGT

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

This video is a great example of Phases in Hearthstone.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So my opening hand against a pirate warrior was SW:P, Whelp x2, PW:S, and coin. (Whelp coin Shield as first turn, of course.)

He played Patches from hand.

He still almost won.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    So my opening hand against a pirate warrior was SW:P, Whelp x2, PW:S, and coin. (Whelp coin Shield as first turn, of course.)

He still almost won.

For how ridiculous this deck is, the minions that got off 0 attacks are:

Bloodsail Cultist
    Activated Small Time Buccaneer
    3/3 +1 to Pirates guy (played on an empty board)

The minions that got off exactly 1 attack are:

Korkron Elite
    Southsea Deckhand
    Nzoths first mate

He threw away the last charge from his Cultisted Rusty Hook.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

He still almost won.

These are fortunately almost non-existent in EU. It's aggro shaman, jade druid, reno mage as far as the eye can see, with the occasional dragon priest. In the below-10 scrub ranks anyway, and All in all a decent meta for dragon priest.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    kime wrote: »
    Yogg was nerfed because players (particularly tournament players and viewers) complained.

Watch the 20 yoggs from the summer championships (Toast has a video on them) so many games came down to Yogg and it wasn't a good time for the people watching esports. Frankly they shouldn't give a fuck about that but they do so now we have a pretty worthless Yogg. I will always be a fan of Brode taking the wheel and showing us his divine will. I am a very small minority of the hearthstone community however.

To make sure I understand... The devs shouldn't care that twenty games in one of their most watched tournaments were not enjoyable for anyone involved?

Blizzard should care about how cards affect tournament play for sure, but the impact Yogg had on ladder play was way overstated.

Competitive play is less than 1% of Hearthstone games, ladder and casual are what the vast majority of people are playing.

Yogg was nerfed because of community perception and complaint, not because it was a wildly unbalanced card.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Jade Druid is now too slow.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

We have actual data from research companies that show that 80+% of hearthstone players have watched some version of the game streamed.

Blizzard absolutely wants their game to be watchable, because it directly impacts player enjoyment of the game.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    t9ONA3fh.jpg
    I can taste the mana.

Coinage on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Activision Blizzard make money hand over fist to an honestly absurd degree, it borders obscene. Record $6.6 billion revenue in 2016. There is room for a great deal more generosity.

I imagine there's some kind of balancing act between releasing new content at a pace that doesn't deter newcomers, while also not being so slow (or so low quality) that people get functionally complete sets at launch just off F2P, but they're nowhere near striking that balance.

Revenue means nothing (profit is what matters). If you look at their plans, there will be MORE free content by moving adventures to free content as part of the release, which is great if you're not planning on competitively laddering.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Blizzard should care about how cards affect tournament play for sure, but the impact Yogg had on ladder play was way overstated.

Competitive play is less than 1% of Hearthstone games, ladder and casual are what the vast majority of people are playing.

Yogg was nerfed because of community perception and complaint, not because it was a wildly unbalanced card.

Completely disagree.

The era of Yog Supremacy resulted in way too many cases of, "I have this match totally won, but let's flip a coin to see if I actually get to win."

Yog was way worse than Reno.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Wasn't that the wrong order besides?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    If he doesn't cast Soulfire first, the death of the Mistress of Mixtures would heal his opponent.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    If he doesn't cast Soulfire first, the death of the Mistress of Mixtures would heal his opponent.

Aahh. Wow. That's... even more Hearthstone timing mind-fuckery then.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Does it work the same way with hellfire? (If your opponent is at 3 and you hellfire a board with a Mistress of Mixtures on it, does your opponent die?)

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

Does it work the same way with hellfire? (If your opponent is at 3 and you hellfire a board with a Mistress of Mixtures on it, does your opponent die?)

I am pretty sure it does, hellfire was what they used to show the difference between a spell killing both the enemy hero and zombie chow (hero dies and is registered as dead first, the chow animation happens but doesn't actually let them live) and leper gnome and zombie chow dying together (hero gets put to 0 by leper gnome's effect, and then heals up to 5 with chow's effect because both happen at the "same time")

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

Revenue means nothing (profit is what matters). If you look at their plans, there will be MORE free content by moving adventures to free content as part of the release, which is great if you're not planning on competitively laddering.

Net income of $966mill then if you'd rather, though that discounts capital investment. I meant new free content, though I appreciate some people like adventures.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png