As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Titanfall 2 finished, loved it! Now on to Rise of the Tomb raider. These flash sales are giving me plenty to play.

Got to stop comparing tomb raider to Uncharted 4 though. It's a great game but it's a lot less refined and janky in places, nowhere near as stunning, and the acting is awful, or maybe it's just the script.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it leaping about all over the place. Up to now there seems to be much more focus on exploring over killing shit, which is good with me. It's a shame it's lacking a HDR patch though.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Oh man, remember this cool fan-art?

C2TIydMVIAQeDSW.jpg

It's now becoming a real thing (2B outfit for Kat).

That's awesome. I love it when developers actually take inspiration from good community ideas.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Odinsphere is tempting at $30 but I really want a physical copy. Hmmm.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

This is the entire sale for me. HDD too small... so very small... itty bitty hdd...

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Finished the first Uncharted last night. There are a few combat sequences in the last bit of the game that were very annoying, and some of the platforming was hilariously bad, but overall I enjoyed it and I'm glad I didn't skip it. Then I immediately loaded up Uncharted 2, and holy shit the jump in quality is pretty crazy. Hopefully I can find the time to get through this before Horizon is out.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Uncharted 2 vastly improved on everything from the 1st one, and has the best action set pieces in the franchise(though there's a car chase in 4 that is some primo stuff!). Plus that opening... so good!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Uncharted 2 vastly improved on everything from the 1st one, and has the best action set pieces in the franchise(though there's a car chase in 4 that is some primo stuff!). Plus that opening... so good!

Uncharted 2 will always have a place in my heart for a tiny segment which I think is completely missable?
    If you jump in the pool on top of the hotel in Chapter 6, Drake will play Marco Polo with Chloe. Such a great little moment

• Options
    I can't decide whether to start Uncharted 2 or to do a crushing run in Uncharted for the Platinum. I doubt I'd enjoy it, but the I'm only like 3 trophies from the platinum.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I can't decide whether to start Uncharted 2 or to do a crushing run in Uncharted for the Platinum. I doubt I'd enjoy it, but the I'm only like 3 trophies from the platinum.

I'm so glad I've been able to put the need for trophies out of my mind, because that sounds like a horrible time. Play games for fun!

• Options

I find crushing difficulty to be absolutely impossible... I only did it on Uncharted 4, and that's because they were finally nice enough to let you obtain infinite ammo without beating the harder difficulties first. So I cheesed through crushing in by by using auto-aim and infinite ammo revolver/snipers

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 Remix collection is up for preorder on PSN!

Huzzah!

Guess between this and Horizon, I'm getting that $15 from the promotion after all

Ceno on
  • Options
    FYI, Shovel Knight is on sale for $10 right now. Sale Ends March 2nd.
    Game is on sale before the price increase comes with the addition of Specter of Torment and Treasure Trove is released. All owners of the original game will get the new content free.

I picked it up, along with Enter the Gungeon!

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alwL79BhuU

Don't tease me like this, Spike.

• Options
    Huh, got an e-mail from Best Buy that my pre-order of Horizon: Zero Dawn had shipped.

Wonder if I'll get it early. Would be sweet if it was this weekend.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Horizon thread is up. It's a work in progress, obviously, but I figured we could use one. (I love using this thread as a de facto PS4 thread, but... better to have an actual game thread if there's enough conversation to support it, and I know there will be once HZD hits.)

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

This is the entire sale for me. HDD too small... so very small... itty bitty hdd...
    Unless you also have shitty internet, the install is the same size for disc games and digital games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sniper Elite 4 is pretty good. Not as good as 2, but better than 3.

It's supposed to be an evil Nazi killin' testicle poppin' good time, but they're making me feel like a dick by humanizing the enemy...

Obliterated a Nazi's testicles, and when I went to loot him for ammo, I found a letter on his body. He was an 18 year old kid who was supposed to be writing a letter to a wife or girlfriend incase he died. His letter was about how he was only 18 and never had a wife or girlfriend, and how he did not believe in Hitler or this war. He wrote that if he were to die, he was ok with it because he wouldn't have to see the pain and sorrow his fellow countrymen were causing the world.

Made me feel legit horrible... D:

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Beep boop, here's The Drop because I was busy yesterday.
    New Releases: Week of February 28, 2017
    A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    PS4 — Digital (Out 3/1)

Set in a fictitious 30 years before Final Fantasy XV, this game features retro-style visuals centered around a fast-paced combat system with influences from modern gaming. The in-depth combat system blends intense attacks, devastating magic, mighty summons, and unique companion attacks into a singular gaming experience through three diverse locations in the world of Final Fantasy XV.

ACA NeoGeo Nam-1975
    PS4 — Digital (Out 3/2)

Nam-1975 is an action game released by SNK in 1990. It was one of the first ever games released on NeoGeo! Players take on the role of U.S. Special Forces soldiers braving a harsh battlefield as they try to survive a series of deadly firefights.

Dying: Reborn
    PS4, PS VR, PS Vita — Digital

Old School puzzle-solving gameplay reminiscent of adventure game classics mixed with impressive first-person visuals that make for a gritty and immersive experience. Fans of movie series such as Saw need look no further: a mysterious fish-head nemesis, a grudge, a series of never-ending trials, and a shocking ending will satisfy all your needs.

forma.8
    PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

forma.8 is a unique take on the Metroidvania action-adventure formula, with a striking visual style and a huge world to explore. As the small exploration probe forma.8 you’re stranded alone on the surface of an alien planet. Separated from your companions, you have a life or death mission to accomplish: find and recover a lost, powerful energy source before it’s too late. Are you ready to uncover the truth?

Ghost Blade HD
    PS4 — Digital

Ghost Blade HD is an intense bullet-hell shoot ’em up game with satisfying and addictive score-based gameplay. Designed with a modern graphic style and special effects, Ghost Blade also features an awesome two-player mode! Ghost Blade HD is easy to learn, yet hard to master.

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
    PS4 — Digital

Within the shadow of an ancient forest, on the bottom of a foggy valley, stands the lonely village of Ravenbrook. The folk there are cheerful and diligent, yet warily superstitious. They surround the village with countless charms to keep the evil spirits at bay, for on the other side of the forest, there lies a seemingly bottomless pit, known as the Abyss. It is the place the villagers of Ravenbrook fear most…

Horizon Zero Dawn
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new open-world action RPG exclusively for PS4, developed by the award winning Guerrilla Games (Killzone). Take on the role of skilled hunter Aloy as you explore a vibrant and lush world inhabited by mysterious mechanized creatures.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
    PS4 — Digital

Put on your wide-brimmed hat, grab your weapons, and embark on an incredible adventure in the gothic-noir world of Borgovia, where mad science threatens the fragile peace between monster and mortal. Be Van Helsing, monster-hunter extraordinaire and save the day with your charming and beautiful companion, Lady Katarina (who happens to be a ghost, by the way). Explore the savage wilderness in the mountains and the soot-stained brick districts of a grim metropolis twisted by weird science, and don’t forget: you might never know who the real monsters are!

Stranger of Sword City Revisited
    PS Vita — Digital

From the present day to the parallel world Escario. Survive in the land of polar night! Enjoy the tried and true fundamental charms of the Dungeon RPG genre such as character creation, dungeon exploring, and item collecting.

Suikoden IV (PS2 Classic)
    PS3 — Digital

A prequel to the acclaimed role-playing series Suikoden, Suikoden IV reveals the origins of the Rune of Punishment. Although set in the past, Suikoden IV has no shortage of innovation, as it features a Tactical Formation System and more than 60 playable characters.

Torment: Tides of Numenera
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Explore Earth one billion years in the future in the science-fantasy setting of Numenera. Discover the Ninth World built on the bones of extinct, hyper-advanced civilizations and leave your own mark on it. Make thousands of essential choices, face the consequences, and meet death incarnated as you seek the answer to the ultimate question: What does one life matter?

The Walking Dead — The Telltale Series: A New Frontier
    PS4 — Retail

Telltale’s award-winning series returns with its third season: A New Frontier. Continuing the emotionally powerful storytelling seen in Seasons One and Two, we return to one of gaming’s most beloved characters: Clementine. We see her story through the eyes of Javier, a young man determined to find the family taken from him.

WRC 6
    PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 3/3)

On a race track, it’s the car that makes all the difference. In a rally, it’s the driver. WRC 6 puts you to the test: fog, mud, punctures, night racing, engine breakdowns… you have to deal with it all.

It's pretty much Horizon: Zero Dawn week.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well. To celebrate finishing payments on my car, I went and finally got myself a PS4. Pro.

My first two games: World of Final Fantasy, and Gravity Rush.

So far, Gravity Rush is proving as great as I thought it would be. Just moving around feels do fun.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well. To celebrate finishing payments on my car, I went and finally got myself a PS4. Pro.

My first two games: World of Final Fantasy, and Gravity Rush.

So far, Gravity Rush is proving as great as I thought it would be. Just moving around feels do fun.

Remastered or 2?

WoFF was honestly the best FF that came out last year, so good choice there. The story is actually, you know, coherent.

My next suggestion: Dragon Quest Builders. Dragon Quest Builders. Dragon Quest Builders!

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Remastered. I want to play the first game through before playing the sequel, and I never owned a Vita.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    World of FF was fun but I dropped it pretty quickly and haven't felt compelled to revisit it

Same with Gravity Rush 2, actually

But Remastered kept me pretty well hooked

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Out of the games on sale right now I'm interested in Fallout 4, Battlefront, and Metal Gear Solid V (although I'm so out of the loop on the story), but I'm not sure which to get. I just want to get one of them. I'm leaning on to Fallout already, but does that game run fine on a ps4? Err... well I'm sure it will, but is there anything I should know about it?

I've been playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 for a while, but I want something more casual.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Remastered. I want to play the first game through before playing the sequel, and I never owned a Vita.

Ah cool. It's a fun game, though I felt like it was a bit barebones. Gravity Rush 2 does a lot to not only give you more stuff to do and build upon the mechanics but also flesh out the world.

Also, heads up, GR1 leaves a big plot thread hanging at the end, which is being resolved in the upcoming free Gravity Rush 2 DLC next month. Oh and there's also a 20 minute anime episode that acts as a short prologue for GR2. It's up on the PlayStation Youtube channel and isn't really necessary but it's a fun little watch.
    Armoroc wrote: »
    Out of the games on sale right now I'm interested in Fallout 4, Battlefront, and Metal Gear Solid V (although I'm so out of the loop on the story), but I'm not sure which to get. I just want to get one of them. I'm leaning on to Fallout already, but does that game run fine on a ps4? Err... well I'm sure it will, but is there anything I should know about it?

I've been playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 for a while, but I want something more casual.

I haven't played it but Fallout 4 is meant to run well on PS4 (well, as well as a Bethesda game runs on any console). I can't really say how good it is, other than it seemed to me like a lot of people were really disappointed by it.

Battlefront 2 is coming out later this year and will probably have a single player campaign, as well as improved multiplayer, so I'd just wait for that unless you really want to play Star Wars right now.

And as for MGSV, I wouldn't really worry about the story in that because it's the weakest in the series and a bit of a mess overall (turns out locking the franchise's creator in his office and not letting him touch the game for its last year of development turns out poorly). Having said that, the gameplay, level design and often the mission design is fucking excellent. It's a hugely fun game.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man A Night In The Woods is super.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK Fallout 4 or Doom for 30

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Doom

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Fallout. Doom was boring and you can get it much cheaper.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I bought myself a Pro today! (To celebrate my continued existence?)

Was surprisingly hard to find one in stock up here in the North Boston suburbs; went to Gamestop, then Best Buy, then Target, then a second Gamestop before I found one.

I sure do wish they would pack their systems with longer power cables.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hrrrgggh I need to finish the Jack the Ripper DLC for AC: Syndicate so that I can delete it and have room for Horizon.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Doom was the best game of 2016 and F4 might be the worst in the series.

Go with Doom.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Doom was the best game of 2016 and F4 might be the worst in the series.

Go with Doom.

opinions shmoepinions

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Depends on what you're looking for. Fallout is fantastic, and will keep you busy for hours and hours.

Doom is understandably way shorter(but still decently long!) than Fallout, but is the most awesome, fucking heavy metal game ever.

• Options
    If you're not tired of the Bethesda open world RPG formula you can get a lot of time out of Fallout 4.

Just don't expect good writing or roleplaying.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Doom always always

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Fallout 4 is an open world shooter. It is not an RPG like its predecessors. It's not a bad game at all if you like discovering a world and shooting everything in it. I had a bunch of fun, but it wasn't what I wanted out of a Fallout game.

Doom is the game version of a heavy metal album cover. I can't recommend it enough if you're into shooters in any way.

• Options
    Fallout 4 has a gameplay and structure identical to 3 and New Vegas.

It's absolutely an RPG. It's just a bad one.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I know it's apples and oranges, but you're comparing one game that's not even a great representative of it's franchice to another that's a standout game for it's genre.

• Options
    Fallout 4 was so disappointing for reasons I have trouble even articulating

Probably because it just feels so routine and by-the-numbers. It's just a prettier Fallout 3. Skyrim was a huge upgrade over Oblivion, but Fallout 4 just felt like more Fallout 3 in a different place

I didn't finish Doom because last year was packed, but I had more fun with it in the three or four hours I played than the dozen or so I poured into Fallout 4 before deleting it from my hard drive due to sheer apathy