As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who [Love]s the [Love]men?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    THE PASTOR JUST CONDUCTED AN AUTHENTIC KLINGON CEREMONY.

THERE WAS A DUEL BETWEEN THE TWO BRIDES WITH KLINGON WEAPONRY.

I MAY HAVE CRIED.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    My god... so beautiful...

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just watched a video about the Raclette restaurant in NYC that melts cheese off a cheese wheel and scrapes it onto food and I'm wondering if I'll ever find somebody who makes me feel the way I feel when I look at a glob of morbier oozing onto a plate of potatoes

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Or at 6am because that's when my trusty local gay bar closes

You're a superstar
    At the Gay Bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPgWVC08KI

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My 10 year reunion was organised by one of the most obnoxious and self-important assholes of our year.

Around 90% of folks apologised and declined the invitation and yet he still went ahead with plans and even booked and paid for the venue in advance.

When the event was an obvious failure, he went on a big rant on the facebook group for it about how much work went into it and how we are all so selfish and should be more appreciative of hard working people like him going out of their way to provide for us.

Five years later and it turns out he's an incredibly racist alt-right piece of trash, so I guess that checks out.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ours looks like its gunna be a picnic or a float

It might already clash with an annual float Im a part of called the Drunken Armada.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I liked my 10 year reunion

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Deep breaths

Trying to not freak out

My crush is so cool and funny and awesome

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    My 10 year reunion had like

four or five people organizing it

and I don't know how many people actually attended but I think it was less than that

Moriveth on
  • Options
    I was mostly friends with people in the grade above me. So I don't have the strongest feelings of obligation.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, coming up on 15 years

Might go to alumni banquet, maybe

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My 10 year reunion had like

four or five people organizing it

and I don't know how many people actually attended but I think it was less than that

This sounds like my 10-year reunion! 8 months out, there was a dedicated group of organizers, then around 5 months out just about all the news of the event stopped, then at a few weeks out the main person spearheading the campaign stopped answering and I'm not sure it ever even happened. Either way I was on business travel at the time and I liked maybe five people from my class in the first place, none of whom would be there.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Gustav wrote: »
    Ours looks like its gunna be a picnic or a float

It might already clash with an annual float Im a part of called the Drunken Armada.

A brief story of my second attendance on the drunk armada. We used to do it *much* earlier in the year, early spring. And the water was freezing and sometimes it was just awful weather all together. I wasn't planning on going due to a speaking engagement I was doing the day before. Well. I did my engagement, and ran into some friends in the same town who were going. I was then more or less guilt tripped into going and had to quickly buy appropriate clothes. Unfortunately the wrong backpack got brought on the trip. Long story short.

I ended up floating the Buffalo in torrential downpour in a suit.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am on the planning committee for my ten year high school reunion.

I am the silent, behind-the-scenes member of the committee who, as per usual, has to act like Sam the Eagle and shoot down everyone's horribly impractical & frankly shitty ideas.

For example: The members of the committee legitimately wanted to hold our reunion at the diner in our home town. The diner with no real parking area and too small an area for a large group of people. So I had to squash that idea into the ground. Now we're holding our reunion at a brewery near the beach.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I am on the planning committee for my ten year high school reunion.

I am the silent, behind-the-scenes member of the committee who, as per usual, has to act like Sam the Eagle and shoot down everyone's horribly impractical & frankly shitty ideas.

For example: The members of the committee legitimately wanted to hold our reunion at the diner in our home town. The diner with no real parking area and too small an area for a large group of people. So I had to squash that idea into the ground. Now we're holding our reunion at a brewery near the beach.

I don't believe any of this. But the bold part especially.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    My 10 year high school reunion was perfect. We didn't have one.
    I don't remember which it was, probably the 10th, but one of mine was cancelled due to lack of interest.

Of course, the same thing happened to one of the Proms (Junior?) when I was actually attending, so there's a track record of my class just not giving a fuck.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I know it generally goes against my very outgoing persona, but yeah I typically act as the quiet planner when it comes to organizing activities.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    My 10 year high school reunion was perfect. We didn't have one.
    I don't remember which it was, probably the 10th, but one of mine was cancelled due to lack of interest.

Of course, the same thing happened to one of the Proms (Junior?) when I was actually attending, so there's a track record of my class just not giving a fuck.

There's a slim but unlikely possibility that neither myself nor the, like, two classmates I care about keeping in touch with were invited, but either way I'm fine with it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah the fact I was even invited here is probably the most shocking thing to me.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I never went to my 10 year reunion
    I went to my girlfriend of the time's one and felt so awkward as I knew nothing about them or who it was a awkward 4 hours

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I guess my 20 year reunion is this year

buuuuuut the 10 year one sucked so much, I won't be going to this one!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I got back on my old add meds you guys. It is nice having less side effects and more focus again. Still not quite up to 100 percent though. I think I might be able to start getting things done when the weather swings again though as my mood will probably catch up with my focus.

Still getting stressed out about it though. My girlfriend helped me buy them and I feel really bad about it.

At least I got an application to hopefully get patient assistance for them.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I really can't wait to get back on my meds

I feel like total dogshit right now

And I need to change my pharmacy which is giving me anxiety

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I missed my 10-year reunion, because they held it right after my term had started in grad school, and I wasn't going to delay that just to attend a party I really didn't want to go to anyway.

I think, for our generation, these reunions are not really held with such esteem because of the rise of social media, specifically facebook. Like, I'm facebook friends with all the people from my class that I actually want to keep track of, so why do we all need to be in one place? It'd just be a bunch of people I probably don't know or don't want to know.

• Options
    My facebook is a fake name and I am not really that serious about it
    I only use it for news from companies I follow because they got lazy with social media

I really have no idea who I went to school with then is on facebook nor do I want to be creepy and look them up to friend them

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Oh shit my 10 year reunion was like 5 years ago... hmm.. oh well!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

You're in luck, lotta places do a 15 year.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

You're in luck, lotta places do a 15 year.

nah the message on the alumni page was "see you at the 20!"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My 10 year was back in November
    It was a complete waste of time
    There's all of one person from that class I give a shit about and we see each other every couple months anyway independent of a reunion

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    My 10 year was a fine night of being social and drinking wine and beer, so gonna call it a win.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I never have to worry about a reunion.

More of you folks should have thought about that and dropped out like me. 8-)

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Spent the weekend with the girl from CMB. On Saturday I took her up some relatively unused trails up in Malibu that I hadn't been on in a year and then we walked around Santa Monica. She stayed over and Sunday morning on her birthday I decided I wanted to hold onto this girl and said I'd like to be her boyfriend. We then made out a lot and I guess I'm off the market now.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I have told the reunion committees for both my high school and my college that I am dead. They subsequently stopped calling and asking for donations.

• Options
    That's probably why I never got my 20th invite or the one from college

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I've never been to an official school or university reunion because the people I want to stay in contact, well we already do.

An organised reunion sounds like my idea of hell

• Options
    O boy it's time to burn my OKC account to the ground
    I got an ad? from an user about getting a mail order bride

Seriously I am done that was it

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I've never been to an official school or university reunion because the people I want to stay in contact, well we already do.

An organised reunion sounds like my idea of hell

I was awkward enough around those people when I saw them every day, I can't imagine what it would be like after a 10 year gap.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Everybody I went to highscool with is dead.

And by dead I mean married with kids or whatever.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Sounds like death to me

• Options
    My high school is very small

Most of the graduating classes are under 50

My class was under 30

I'm not sure if i will go

The woman I went on three dates and fell for really hard and then she just wasn't that into me was from high school, as was my ex wife

This discussion has been closed.