As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Looking at Bahamut's description - is wall even useful? Everything seems to ignore defense/resistance.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yeah for this Bahamut fight it looks like Wall is pointless, along with Protectga and Shellga. Synergy armor is still worth wearing, though. What a very strange enemy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Fujin, Vaan and Agrias make him hit like a kitten

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Imma bring Vaan and Barret to the fight, I think.

• Options
    My usual group will probably bring Vaan (MAG/DEF), maybe Leila (ATK/RES), Agrias (ATK/MAG), Mustadio (All) and Orlandeau (ATK/DEF). It should be pretty simple.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just to verify, Rinoa's OSB should still be good thanks to its non-elemental even though he's immune to earth, right?

• Options
    Yeah anything with a non-elemental fallback will choose that over an element the enemy is immune to.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yup.

That also means that you can leave enearth af home if you have it.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm really enjoying Fujin's SSB, and I kind of want to roll again for her BSB, but I already have a bunch of mediocre crap for FFVIII. Should I go to 0 for it, or save for the Anniversary banners that are almost for sure better than VIII-1?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Fujin's SSB, and I kind of want to roll again for her BSB, but I already have a bunch of mediocre crap for FFVIII. Should I go to 0 for it, or save for the Anniversary banners that are almost for sure better than VIII-1?

Don't! Chase! Relics!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Geeze, that stupid FFX Torment is ridiculous.

I barely mastered the 200 after a bunch of tries, not even going to look at the 250 because the 200's physical aoe attacks were hitting for 3k on the entire party with as much power break as I can put into my groups. The significantly higher stats of T250 is going to make that totally impossible.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I bet Fujin's BSB is on one of the festival banners anyway.

• Options
    Bahamut's a cakewalk.

Hell, you can probably kill the 160 one with 3 OSBs right at the start of the battle.

200's a bit harder, but not much.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Wow, I just tried the hit and run strategy to start a fight with full meter and it really does feel like cheating. This really isn't considered an exploit on 1-stam fights?

hit and run all day every day

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    The next FFVIII CM amuses me, because it just shows off the crazy power creep. It's in the era where U+s no longer exist, so it's a U++, and has only slightly lower stats than Mote Ifrit. Granted, the big thing is that its speed is significantly less, and it has scripted haste/blindgas that ease off some of the damage, but yeah. That's the future.

U+ is going away? Do we still earn MC3s just in a different way?

Yep. Not the FFXII event next week, but the one after (Penelo USB, probably late April) is the last U+. MC3s are moved to U, CMs are moved to U++, and a new difficulty is added at the top of the ticket that gives two crystals for first time clear, and another one plus five rosettas for mastery.
    Damn it all, and here I had finally hit the point where I could actually do Cid missions in select realms. So much for that I guess.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    The next FFVIII CM amuses me, because it just shows off the crazy power creep. It's in the era where U+s no longer exist, so it's a U++, and has only slightly lower stats than Mote Ifrit. Granted, the big thing is that its speed is significantly less, and it has scripted haste/blindgas that ease off some of the damage, but yeah. That's the future.

U+ is going away? Do we still earn MC3s just in a different way?

Yep. Not the FFXII event next week, but the one after (Penelo USB, probably late April) is the last U+. MC3s are moved to U, CMs are moved to U++, and a new difficulty is added at the top of the ticket that gives two crystals for first time clear, and another one plus five rosettas for mastery.
    Damn it all, and here I had finally hit the point where I could actually do Cid missions in select realms. So much for that I guess.

Eh you'll likely have a stronger team by then, with better hones, more characters 80+ and hopefully some nice relics after the anniversary stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ugh. Trolls in multiplayer. Yeah, sure, dude. That Jecht with his base SB, equipped with R1 Double Cut and R1 Cripple, is your honest choice for this fight. Suuure.

• Options
    I ran into somebody the other day that was using Auron with Iai Strike. Maybe he didn't know that the boss was immune to instant KO?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So MP Bahamut is not super threatening if all he does is scripted Thundagas and never gets around to Megaflare. Sheesh.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I found it to be fairly easy as well.

• Options
    It's not like he would've been dangerous had he gotten off a megaflare considering the MBlinks were up, Vanille had two bars of instant medica, and he's scripted to follow it with gravity attacks.

I guess maybe if you pushed him under 40% so he follows megaflare with a thundaga instead, but even those weren't really doing much damage with a 'mere' four levels of Mag break on him.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/02/20/upcoming-in-app-announcement-select-nightmare

Nightmare Select draw is hilariously awful.

Although it's not like the Combat Nightmare draw is any better. SSB+ only for all 5* Combat peeps. Which since it includes most protagonists, means a huge array of garbage.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It's still got the First Fusion Sword on it? Oh FFS.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Haha dang

Unless that's an absolutely free pull, I will pass thanks

Plus it's like 80 percent dupes

Javen on
  • Options
    lol, those are like the 3 oldest bursts in the game, and some of the oldest supers in the game as well.

that might be one of the worst draws ever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to be crazy and guess that's DeNA being machiavellian in getting people to hoard all that mythril they're throwing at us for the anniversary

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Did they just go down a list of characters and choose their oldest SSB to throw on the list? I love just pulling and this shit wouldn't get me to touch it. Honestly you are better off going with Tyro selects to at least get one relic for a character you like.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    As always, thanks to everyone who came out for MP. If you're looking for a stable group, I always try to get people together 5PM server time on Mondays, so come out on and play with some PA folks if you're free.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    For some reason, I was far too gleeful that my Squall OSB beat the pants off the TGCid OSB.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It's even worse than that debuff banner from ~August, oh my god

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I'm going to be crazy and guess that's DeNA being machiavellian in getting people to hoard all that mythril they're throwing at us for the anniversary

Yeah, it's kinda....yeah.

DeNA at least for NA, is...a fucking monstrous company when it comes to Anniversary Banners. They almost universally nerf banners that were good in JP.

And there's one stellar anniversary banner that I loved JP side(Banner 4), that gave:

Agrias OSB
    Ashe OSB
    TG Cid's OSB

I want...ALL of those things. Literally all of them. I have Ashe's BSB, Agrias BSB and SSB and..well, all of her breaks, and I have TG Cid's BSB. A disco ball means a hilarious power spike for me.

And I'm 100% sure DeNA is going to break that banner up(I think there's a couple of other really good BSB and SSB's on it too?).

So the fact that they are basically encouraging hoarding is TERRIFYING.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That Nightmare banner is the same as it was in JP and we're getting it at the same point they did... At least I'm pretty sure on the latter. There's nothing more Machiavellian about it than NA copies everything verbatim, when it's not outright skipping stuff.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I thought that nerfing banners was mostly a thing they used to do, but not as much anymore?

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    wow... the Nightmare Select banner is just skip skip skip skip skip. Do not recommend

The combat banner could have some nice stuff in it, but it's 114 relics deep so there's an extremely high chance of getting something that is old and busted.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Both the Nightmare Select and Combat Draw are screaming skip to me. The Nightmare Select is just complete trash (I guess Tyro's BSB would be alright to have?) and the Combat Draw is full of outdated junk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    That banner is so terribad that it could give you a free +1 from any relic on the banner and it STILL wouldn't be worth 25 mythril.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Both the Nightmare Select and Combat Draw are screaming skip to me. The Nightmare Select is just complete trash (I guess Tyro's BSB would be alright to have?) and the Combat Draw is full of outdated junk.

It isn't terrible, but I can't say I use it terribly often. I suppose if I didn't have Wall on him I could use it more, but I would probably just not use Tyro at all if that were the case. The best part is magic blink and there are a lot of ways to get that these days.

• Options
    I use Tyro's BSB as an RW all the time.

But I have literally zero desire for it natively.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Yeah, it's kinda....yeah.

DeNA at least for NA, is...a fucking monstrous company when it comes to Anniversary Banners. They almost universally nerf banners that were good in JP.

I don't agree.

People tend to remember when great banners in JP are broken up but forget when there are awesome banners in global.

There was a global fest banner 2 or 3 fests ago that was widely considered the best banner TO DATE in either JP or Global.

• Options
    Globals banners tend to lose focus that jp banners have.

They're still usually ok, but that makes them harder to pull on for veteran players who are usually seeking something in particular.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.