As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You just saw [MOVIES]? So did we! Let us discourse on this.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    New York Daily News saying Paramount declined their option to make more Terminator films. Rights revert back to Cameron in 2019 and he claims he has one more in him, how exactly that'll work with the 18 Avatars is unknown at this time

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    New York Daily News saying Paramount declined their option to make more Terminator films. Rights revert back to Cameron in 2019 and he claims he has one more in him, how exactly that'll work with the 18 Avatars is unknown at this time

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Can a Terminator survive without Schwarzennegger? Because he is way too old to be a Terminator anymore and he shouldn't be playing one as much as I love him. But no other character has ever stood out apart from the original Sarah, Kyle, John, Terminator and T1000.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I mean he was too old last time too and that hardly stopped them.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think he's not interested anyway

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Yeah but look at the quality of that film.

If they could find someone to carry it and simultaneously close out the series by wiping out the third and fourth and fifth films, then let Cameron have at it.

• Options
    Yeah but look at the quality of that film.

If they could find someone to carry it and simultaneously close out the series by wiping out the third and fourth and fifth films, then let Cameron have at it.

The TV show already did that but was canceled before it could resolve itself.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    they should bring back edward furlong as john connor and have it be about how he's a two-bit criminal alcoholic because his mom is bonks and robots from the future keep trying to kill him

• Options
    I started that as a joke but I kind of actually want to watch that movie

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

Watching a terminator completely fucking murder every last stupid blue cat person it can find and win might be the only way I see another movie in either of those franchises

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I've never seen anything beyond T2: Judgement Day.

And I intend to keep it that way.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Oh, we can retcon that.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    they should bring back edward furlong as john connor and have it be about how he's a two-bit criminal alcoholic because his mom is bonks and robots from the future keep trying to kill him

@Rorshach Kringle let's make this happen

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Moriveth wrote: »

Oh, we can retcon that.

Can we retcon a lot of my life?

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

I enjoyed TSCC, but I'd hardly call it essential viewing, so this is a stance I can endorse.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Oh, we can retcon that.

Can we retcon a lot of my life?

Yes, but unfortunately your life will turn out the same regardless.

• Options

I enjoyed TSCC, but I'd hardly call it essential viewing, so this is a stance I can endorse.

Yeah. T2 just has an ending that's really too definitive for me to want to go on.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    OK, look, I am all about Summer Glau, and I've heard that TSCC was a good show, but ... this image might be the most ridiculous thing I've seen related to Terminator outside of the inflatable boobs in 3. And I've seen Genisys.

l4qv2rov6m8p.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I started that as a joke but I kind of actually want to watch that movie

3 and 4 were fucking shit, this idea can't possibly be worse and has the potential to be quite good with a decent team behind it, so why the hell not?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    One day I should watch Terminator 2

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    One day I should watch Terminator 2

Zack, even Molly has seen Terminator 2.

Watch it with meeeeeee

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's a pretty great movie

I'm never sure if I like the first one or the second one more

I think it might be an instance of a consistent product versus one with higher highs and lower lows

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    OK, look, I am all about Summer Glau, and I've heard that TSCC was a good show, but ... this image might be the most ridiculous thing I've seen related to Terminator outside of the inflatable boobs in 3. And I've seen Genisys.

l4qv2rov6m8p.jpg

Terminators don't dodge.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    It's a pretty great movie

I'm never sure if I like the first one or the second one more

I think it might be an instance of a consistent product versus one with higher highs and lower lows

Also the wildly different aims of the two films, to the point of fitting into different genres, makes direct comparison kind of difficult. They're both among my top favorite filmes and which one I prefer kind of depends on my mood, I think

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the first Terminator movie is horror, the second one is action

• Options
    I prefer T2 to Terminator, but on the opposite hand I'm an Alien over Aliens guy. I dunno.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm decidedly an Alien over Aliens guy

And I think I lean towards Terminator over T2, which would fit the pattern

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    T2 is incredible, arguably the best action film of all time

There's sooo many stand out scenes, it is ridiculous.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I prefer T2 to Terminator, but on the opposite hand I'm an Alien over Aliens guy. I dunno.

same, yeah

not sure why that is

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm gonna fuck up the pattern...

I like Alien over Aliens but T2 over Terminator.

• Options
    oh wait part of that is definitely because I had a crush on Edward Furlong when I was a kid

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    oh wait part of that is definitely because I had a crush on Edward Furlong when I was a kid

For the longest time my child brain thought that he voiced Tommy Pickles and you could not convince me otherwise.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    T2 has good action but I had trouble pushing through Furlong's grating performance back in 1991 and I have trouble pushing through it today. Ultimately I'm just not really a Terminator fan. It's one of those franchises wherein I find more appeal in the concept than I've ever seen in execution.

Also, yeah, Alien >>> Aliens.

• Options
    I didn't like terminator and then after 2 they made a huge amount of garbage so I've never gone back to watch it

But clearly it must be great if they've tried like 5 times to recapture it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I didn't like terminator and then after 2 they made a huge amount of garbage so I've never gone back to watch it

But clearly it must be great if they've tried like 5 times to recapture it

It's definitely very different from The Terminator so don't let your feelings on that movie get in your way.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    terminator 2 has bobby budnick in it and is therefore superior to all other terminator movies automatically

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I probably favour Alien as the subjectively better film over Aliens, but I find Aliens easier to watch because it's just so goddamn enjoyable.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Wait, we're classifying The Terminator as horror? Hard disagree.

And yeah, T2 : The Terminator :: Aliens : Alien insofar as ratio of differences to similarities.

Edit: screwed up my comparison!

Fawst on
  • Options
    Alien is also a horror movie

• Options
    Terminator isn't horror, I wouldn't say

But it's more of a thriller than an action movie, and thrillers and horror get lumped together a lot, so I can see the logic there

This discussion has been closed.