Options

[Board games] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    checks ebay for gloomhaven results.... 350-500.

checks value of my unopened Anachrony...130 at best...Why do i always miss the good ones...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

checks value of my unopened Anachrony...130 at best...Why do i always miss the good ones...

give it a few months, anachrony just got delivered.

I admit I would hella sell Gloomhaven for $500

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Speaking of Gloomhaven and my pre-order scare:
    Funagain wrote:
    We are expecting Gloomhaven to arrive on Monday and it will be issued
    and shipped immediately. Since you are paying by credit card, there is
    nothing you need to do at this time.

I'm hoping that means my copy is safe and coming soon!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Woo Millenium Blades expansion arrived! Went for the 5 mini expansions too, so now I could build a small skyscraper with all the cards.

I gotta say I'm kind of miffed at the box for this. Super fancy, foil inlay and a sleeve all for something we're throwing away since the expansion easily fits in the main box. Go cheap and make more profit you goofs!

Also I only got three mini expansions. Should I have gotten more?

Yeah I was kinda surprised by the fanciness too. I think the normal set rotation ($50) came with 2 or 3, but they introduced another tier ($66) that had the mini expansions from the original kickstarter.

I have the original KS stuff but don't think I got mini expansions with that. I have two other things marked 1 and 2 but they aren't called mini-expansions.

Ah, maybe they were just other promos then? These are the ones I got alongside the main set rotation box.

lucsjwv.jpg

Huh, yeah I'm missing two of those. What are the numbers on the sides of those?

Crossovers is 1
    Sponsers is 2
    Fusion Chaos is 3
    Final Bosses in 4
    Futures is 5

On the box everything came in they were listed on the outside too.

jrSwnWs.jpg

well crap

It might depend on which kickstarter you got it through. I know I got 1 & 2 back when the original base game came out (and had done the Power Gamer level so I'd get the expansion eventually), and then did the reprint kickstarter for just 3-5. It's been so long I can't remember if they were something you had to get as add-ons or not.

Yeah that's what mine is but my 1 and 2 are called something different. I suppose they could have just changed the titles.
    Oh, really? What are yours called?

I'm not sure as they're at home. They were called something other than mini-expansions which all of the ones in that pic are called.

If the second one has all the sponsored expansions from other games (like Mage Wars, Neuroshima Hex, etc), then that's it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Maybe I should

maybe I should finally take the shrink-wrap off of the Millenium Blades box and see what's inside?

Maybe it's the game.

Maybe it's the game + those mini-expansions.

Maybe it's the map to the mummy's gold.

Maybe it's a family of rats.

maybe it's......
    cute-kittens-69-57b32c431e8a7__605.jpg

TychoGabeSquee.jpg

Maybe its.....
    Monopoly!!!! Duh duh DUH!!!!!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Maybe I should

maybe I should finally take the shrink-wrap off of the Millenium Blades box and see what's inside?

Maybe it's the game.

Maybe it's the game + those mini-expansions.

Maybe it's the map to the mummy's gold.

Maybe it's a family of rats.

maybe it's......
    cute-kittens-69-57b32c431e8a7__605.jpg

TychoGabeSquee.jpg

Maybe its.....
    Monopoly!!!! Duh duh DUH!!!!!

n-SCREAM-628x314.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Isnt that the game whos name shall not be said?

azith28 on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Hey, I'm in the kickstarter for the 5th Edition run of Alien Frontiers. What do they mean when they say the rocket dice are incompatible with the board? Something about docking stations?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Fishman wrote: »
    Hey, I'm in the kickstarter for the 5th Edition run of Alien Frontiers. What do they mean when they say the rocket dice are incompatible with the board? Something about docking stations?

It's Game Salute we are talking about, they don't really care about their customers, even if it means dropping support for their own products.

In your case, it won't really make a difference. Rocket dices are dices shaped like rockets that Game Salutes kickstarted a while ago. It made sense for current Alien Frontiers people to get dices in rocket shapes since that is what the dice are in the game. so they got this kickstarter going along with the 4th edition reprint of alien frontier. That 4th edition came with a double sided board with one side a re-arrangement of the board to accomodate the new dice shape if you had bought the rocket dice (Basically , yes you are right. Docking ports are rearrange to fit the rocket dice shape (longer, not square shape)).

Long story short, 4th edition came along, rocket dice came much, much MUCH later, it was plagued with delays and the final product wasn't as great as it was anticipated (I'm a rocket dice kickstater). Anyway, I still enjoy using the dice but it feel a bit cramp on the board. Then they release (through kickstarter and I'm not even sure if people have them right now) a Alien frontier Big box with an even bigger board that would give rocket dices justice room wise. I didn't back this because just for the board, it was way, way too expensive.

anyway so basically, if you have rocket dice, you can forget about the 5th edition because I'm guessing the board will not be double sided with one of the side with re-arranged room for those dices. In reality, this will not affect any new users to the game, but it will probably be bad for previous owners or people expecting to buy rockets dices to play with this new edition. But what is more retarded is they are provided people the chance to buy Rocket dices from that kickstarter and yet, you won't have enough room on the board to play with them properly.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Speaking of Gloomhaven and my pre-order scare:
    Funagain wrote:
    We are expecting Gloomhaven to arrive on Monday and it will be issued
    and shipped immediately. Since you are paying by credit card, there is
    nothing you need to do at this time.

I'm hoping that means my copy is safe and coming soon!

it should be. I also got an email from Funagain, but with the opposite. "You fell out of the cutoff. We'll wait a few days for cancellations and then cancel your order."

• Options
    Guibs wrote: »

It's Game Salute we are talking about, they don't really care about their customers, even if it means dropping support for their own products.

In your case, it won't really make a difference. Rocket dices are dices shaped like rockets that Game Salutes kickstarted a while ago. It made sense for current Alien Frontiers people to get dices in rocket shapes since that is what the dice are in the game. so they got this kickstarter going along with the 4th edition reprint of alien frontier. That 4th edition came with a double sided board with one side a re-arrangement of the board to accomodate the new dice shape if you had bought the rocket dice (Basically , yes you are right. Docking ports are rearrange to fit the rocket dice shape (longer, not square shape)).

Long story short, 4th edition came along, rocket dice came much, much MUCH later, it was plagued with delays and the final product wasn't as great as it was anticipated (I'm a rocket dice kickstater). Anyway, I still enjoy using the dice but it feel a bit cramp on the board. Then they release (through kickstarter and I'm not even sure if people have them right now) a Alien frontier Big box with an even bigger board that would give rocket dices justice room wise. I didn't back this because just for the board, it was way, way too expensive.

anyway so basically, if you have rocket dice, you can forget about the 5th edition because I'm guessing the board will not be double sided with one of the side with re-arranged room for those dices. In reality, this will not affect any new users to the game, but it will probably be bad for previous owners or people expecting to buy rockets dices to play with this new edition. But what is more retarded is they are provided people the chance to buy Rocket dices from that kickstarter and yet, you won't have enough room on the board to play with them properly.

DICES ISN'T A WORD YOU DANG KIDS DICE IS ALREADY PLURAL

THIS IS THE HILL I WILL DIE ON

• Options
    Woo Millenium Blades expansion arrived! Went for the 5 mini expansions too, so now I could build a small skyscraper with all the cards.

I gotta say I'm kind of miffed at the box for this. Super fancy, foil inlay and a sleeve all for something we're throwing away since the expansion easily fits in the main box. Go cheap and make more profit you goofs!

Also I only got three mini expansions. Should I have gotten more?

Yeah I was kinda surprised by the fanciness too. I think the normal set rotation ($50) came with 2 or 3, but they introduced another tier ($66) that had the mini expansions from the original kickstarter.

I have the original KS stuff but don't think I got mini expansions with that. I have two other things marked 1 and 2 but they aren't called mini-expansions.

Ah, maybe they were just other promos then? These are the ones I got alongside the main set rotation box.

lucsjwv.jpg
    Ok, I got them all. In the first KS they called pack 1 and 2 "Promo Packs" and not "mini-expansions" and they didn't have titles to them at all.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

Is that hill in Quebec?

Because if it is, Guibs can probably meet you there.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Is that hill in Quebec?

I'm very aware he normally uses crazy French moon-speak.

Seriously I see more Americans use it then anyone else. He probably learned it from them! THOSE MONSTERS

Same as "I casted a spell" arglebarglejckljxbcvlkjsdnfvg

edit: also yes i would love to me guibs in quebec let's make this a thing

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    we will dice on this hill together

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    SuckafishSuckafish Registered User regular

All that said, Alien Frontiers is an awesome game, and it does at least seem like Game Salute is mending their ways. I just received Planetarium from them several weeks earlier than expected.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Isaac just put up a Creator's Pack on BGG, about 200mb, that includes all the art files for Gloomhaven. Pretty much everything you'd need to make custom content for the game. Front and back art for every type of card, the character sheets, a blank map board and map grid, everything you need to build your own scenarios, make your own characters, etc. Totally nuts. High resolution everything. Both sides of every map tile.

Rius on
  • Options

Is that hill in Quebec?

Seriously I see more Americans use it then anyone else. He probably learned it from them! THOSE MONSTERS

Singular: Dice, pronounced "Dies"
    Plural: Dice, prounounced "Deese"

Problem solved.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options

Is that hill in Quebec?

Singular: Dice, pronounced "Dies"
    Plural: Dice, prounounced "Deese"

Problem solved.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    But pink don't you want to roll deese?

• Options
    Pools of deese

handfulls of deese

Custom proprietary deese

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    A gaggle of deese.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Millions of deeses, deeses for me
    Millions of deeses, deeses for free

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Sounds like we need a thread name change!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
      azith28 wrote: »

give it a few months, anachrony just got delivered.

I admit I would hella sell Gloomhaven for $500

Hence why my gloomhaven copy is still sealed in its box. Best case, sell it for a pile. Worst case, I play it.

kx3klFE.png
    • Options
      Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
      A gaggle of deese.

Deese bites can be pretty nasty. Deese once bit my sister

NNID = Zepp914
    • Options
      mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
      I love you all

narwhal wrote:
      Why am I Terran?
      My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    • Options
      edited February 2017
      Ah_Pook wrote: »
      MNC Dover wrote: »
      Any thoughts on the 2016 Buffy the Vampire Slayer board game? The wife is a huge fan and I was thinking about getting it for her as a gift.

I ordered it, should be here Wednesday. Will update after we play it.

Buffy is fun. It won't blow any minds with original game design or anything, but if you want a solid light coop that plays in an hour and has a healthy slathering of Buffy fan service then that's exactly what you'll get. It's kinda Pandemicish, and I understand it's kinda Eldritch horrorish (though I haven't played that myself).

@MNC Dover

Ah_Pook on
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Thanks! Since we've never played Eldritch Horror (and never will with my wife's unending fear of horror stuff), so this might be a good start.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
      played so much Codex

Codex remains rad

narwhal wrote:
      Why am I Terran?
      My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    • Options
      oh incidentally because of my deep Codex third I've paid for a month of gold Tabletopia on Steam

so if you have Tabletopia and want to play some Codex, @ me on steam - I'm mysticjuicer

just like, tell me you're from the PA boardgames thread so I don't freak out about internet strangers lol

narwhal wrote:
      Why am I Terran?
    • Options

just like, tell me you're from the PA boardgames thread so I don't freak out about internet strangers lol

where's the fun in that

• Options
      DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
      Millions of deeses, deeses for me
      Millions of deeses, deeses for free

You can have deese nuts.

They're 20% off.

• Options
      CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
      played so much Codex

Codex remains rad

My Codexing has fallen off considerably. As much as I enjoy the game I'm having trouble enticing opponents to play. It's a rather large tome commitment both in terms of learning and each game and lots of people who might otherwise be interested have already committed to yu-gi-oh or MTG.

• Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Got to play 4 player mint works today, as well as Red7.

Mint works was fun, and could move quickly once we all knew what we could do. End game came up fast due to someone having the gallery, and we all scrambled for stars. I ended up coming out on top as the player before me didn't see that I could buy a plan that would then tie me with the most stars, but I had more buildings/plans. I want to play more of it, as there's definitely a balance between spending and saving you need to watch. I was able to spend more as my upkeep income was 3 mints after the second round, and then 5 mints after the fourth round from grabbing the right buildings. However, my stars were all singles.

Red7 was a neat game. I lost early in both games we played. First turn in the first game (I was the fourth to play as I started with a yellow 7) and third turn in the second game. It was fun watching it unfold though as they all played pretty cleverly to maintain their winning status. I think that could become a big hit during a longer vacation or something where you can play a few rounds each night and start to really get into it. We played the basic rules, so advanced will come later.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
      Gosh that Gloomhaven first scenario is well hard, eh

• Options
      AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
      Darric wrote: »
      Gosh that Gloomhaven first scenario is well hard, eh

I've come to believe it's meant to be a little more punishing than the later ones as a sort of tutorial-by-fire.

• Options
      edited February 2017
      ArcSyn wrote: »

Red7 was a neat game. I lost early in both games we played. First turn in the first game (I was the fourth to play as I started with a yellow 7) and third turn in the second game. It was fun watching it unfold though as they all played pretty cleverly to maintain their winning status. I think that could become a big hit during a longer vacation or something where you can play a few rounds each night and start to really get into it. We played the basic rules, so advanced will come later.

After getting your head around the rules is definitely recommend playing with the advanced rule that lets you draw a card when you play a card to the middle that is higher than the number of cards in front of you. It incentivizes using your high cards there instead of just playing them in front of your every time and makes the game a lot more interesting. The symbols on the cards we personally don't play with, try just kind of over complicated things without making the game more fun.

Edit: I forgot you can play for cumulative points too! So many ways to play. We typically just play individual hands as it fits the niche we typically play red7 in, but playing for is is really good too and adds a neat layer of purposefully losing rounds early to keep your opponent from scoring more points. We can take or leave that depending on our mood.

Ah_Pook on
    • Options
      CantidoCantido Registered User regular
      The CAH developer sent all Senators a copy of Secret Hitler.
      http://thecomeback.com/pop-culture/cards-humanity-secret-hitler-us-senators.html

That'll teach em not to play Catan!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    • Options
      I really hate it when an enjoyable game/tv show/movie/celebrity feels they need to use there shit to shill a political view.

This discussion has been closed.