As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sony's dead goat party new info

123457»

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wally wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    My question is this. Why do the PR people for sony still have their jobs? They are doing the worst job giving a positive outlook on their product.

Are you kidding? Nothing says a company is doing great like being associated with a rotting carcass.

I guess the goat's head can just roll on the floor until it bumps into Kutaragi's.

I'll bet Sony are well pissed off that their product got front page exposure on it's launch weekend and was covered by websites and forums in response. Sure, they're going to be apologetic about the whole situation but you can't buy that kind of publicity.

Sony's performance over the last 2 years would seem to run counter to the old "any publicity is good publicity" adage.

LOL 599 US, and all that.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is the first thread where I've seen nobody come in and act like an expert in the "field." C'mon, can't anybody pretend to be a butcher and put this shit to rest? A father that was a butcher? A cow puncher? Something?
    i did tip a cow once.

No i didn't. i know someone who did though. And he is outraged at some aspect of this whole thing, i bet.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    pheezer FD wrote: »
    It's not feasible on my budget in my part of the world, so meat still gets to be called a necessity.

The difference isn't really that subtle though. Using the corpse of something as sustenance can be justified, using it as entertainment is wasteful and barbaric. And I don't care who's offended by that, if you're going to insist that because I'm not Greek I wouldn't know what's barbaric, I'm going to insist that you're stupid. And that most modern day Greeks would probably be offended by your insistence that this is totally normal shit over there and that everyone loves a sacrificial goat in Greece.

I really doubt point one. If you really cared about it I'm sure you'd be able to work out and affordable meat free diet.

I'm not really getting your second point, it's full of weasel words and rants. Little actual debatable material of any substance. How do you define 'wasteful'?

Leitner on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is the first thread where I've seen nobody come in and act like an expert in the "field." C'mon, can't anybody pretend to be a butcher and put this shit to rest? A father that was a butcher? A cow puncher? Something?

Father-in-law is a farmer. Dairy farmer. It's a very very small operation. The cows pretty much go wherever they want. They hang out with the horse. They used to have some cows for beef consumption but they don't anymore. They have a friend that does raise cows for beef consumption. Again, the cows seem content. They roam a big field until it's time to be slaughtered for food.
    All the cows I've ever met never seemed to mind hanging out in the field all day, chewing cud, swatting flies, going moo, and hiding under trees in lightning storms....yeah...cows aren't too bright, but they're kinda cute, and tasty.

...no idea if that helped.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I find myself being less concerned with the ethics of this whole situation and more concerned with the fact that once the goat starts thawing, it starts rotting. Sure it's a slow process but the bacteria is enough to make me wretch slightly at the thought of consuming anything that came from even a container in the remains of said goat.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm actually a semi-professional goat carcass soup-filler. I won regionals three years in a row back in Highschool. Those were heady days, when a boy could show up at a party with a soup filled goat carcass and practically take his pick of the local ladies.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Im an ex goat beheadder.

I got in it for the glory but it became all about the money and the goat beheaddings.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, get with the times Sony. Decapitated goat carcasses are so 1998.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    GeburtstagskindGeburtstagskind Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm German. Are any of you here Germans, Italians or Japanese? I'm afraid what marketing stunt Sony/EA might pull at the next "Medal of olol killing Nazis & Japs Axis Assault" FPS for the Playstation 2/3 PSP. O_o :D

Geburtstagskind on
  • Options
    AZChristopherAZChristopher Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm German. Are any of you here Germans, Italians or Japanese? I'm afraid what marketing stunt Sony/EA might pull at the next "Medal of olol killing Nazis & Japs Axis Assault" FPS for the Playstation 2/3 PSP. O_o :D

I lived in Germany for 2 years if that counts... heh.

AZChristopher on
  • Options
    GeburtstagskindGeburtstagskind Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Decapited any of us Nazis while you lived there? ;-) How do we taste?

Geburtstagskind on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    pheezer FD wrote: »
    Ballman wrote: »
    I'm not vegetarian, but I would think that a quick justification would be that dairy products don't kill the animal you get them from, and you aren't required to mistreat them (though I suspect it happens all the same).

Actually, it's really not. To run a dairy farm you need to pull in a lot of money on a consistent basis to keep afloat, farming carries a lot of expenses. To keep the milk and cheese production where you need it to be, you need to drug the animals and keep them producing. This essentially amounts to the mass, constant rape of dairy cows, who are inevitably confined to small, cramped living areas because let's face it land costs money. The level of competition and razor thin profit margins available from farming pretty much doom any farm animal to pretty squalid conditions.

God I love cheese. It's so tasty, goes well with most wines and now, I find out, it's morally repugnant.

I believe I've found the perfect food. :D

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    AZChristopherAZChristopher Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Like chicken.

AZChristopher on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wally wrote: »
    hambone wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Unfortunately, people are going to take things out of consideration/context in all this. D:

Call me old fashioned, but I think it's pretty hard to find an "appropriate context" for filling a decapitated goat carcass with soup.

What about a disemboweled pig with an apple in it's mouth, or would that be too much?

Is the pig for show and shock value, and an obvious attempt to get people to talk about you?(Although "Ugh that's disgusting!" isn't the same as "Hey I should get this game.")
    Or is it, y'know, food that was intended to be eaten and was cooked properly and treated as just a giant ham with an apple in it's snout?

Because the latter makes it food.
    In fact, I remember people saying that if th goat were prepared and eaten? They'd be fine with it.

And why the fuck are people claiming we should respect Sony for "sticking to their guns"? When has Sony EVER decided to pull a 180 for seemingly no reason to fuck with everyone and surprise us all with how little scruples they have?
    Okay, bad example.

When has Sony ever shown any common sense in putting 2 and 2 together and realizing "This isn't a great idea" and gone another route? Arguably the Batarang controller, but that pretty much showed us that for every one great idea, they throw out 2 stupid ones.
    "Let's make the controller usable." "SHIT LET'S STEA-INNOVATE SOME MOTION-SENSING" "lol rumble iz last gen."

Case in point:
    Krazy Ken is out!
    Goat Corpse.

D: I can only imagine what's next.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Like chicken.

You sure you weren't eating some french guy?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    So are the ins and outs of vegetarianism and goat-slaughter a game, or are they technology? I'm so confused.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Neither, but they do make for a ridiculous thread.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    So are the ins and outs of vegetarianism and goat-slaughter a game, or are they technology? I'm so confused.

I'll have you know I'm very pro-animal killing. Just so long as you eat it and don't, y'know, parade it around for a party where big burly men throwing knives, handling snakes, and other Ancient Greek activities that don't involve animal corpses.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think we've beaten this [goat] enough.

lol sony
    lol reporters
    lol nazis

Accualt on
This discussion has been closed.